Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Problem with 3 vs 3 arena » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Problem with 3 vs 3 arena 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Problem with 3 vs 3 arena Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As everyone except Ba_alzamon should know, winning in defense is much harder than winning in attack. In 1 vs. 1 arena this is not a problem since everyone get to be attacker every day.
In 3 v 3 arena however it is random who is attacker and defender. And with the combined advantage of 3 players being attacker over 3 players being defender, the outcome is almost always without contest a victory for the attacking side... If it was just a matter of 3v3 arena rankings, i would not care about this. But it's a matter of rewards in the form of silver coins....

to fix this i suggest one of following solutions:
1 - No building bonus, probably unfun solution, since all fights would finish in 1-2 rounds
2 - Both sides get building bonus as attacker
3 - Both sides get building bonus as defender
4 - Both sides get ½ building bonus as attacker and ½ building bonus as defender

I expect that solution 2 and 3 should be most doable, and in my oppinion would be a nice fix to this sillyness

04-25-2014 08:23 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

RE: Problem with 3 vs 3 arena Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can admins make a pool?

I like no. 4 idea...

04-25-2014 10:15 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
owling

images/avatars/avatar-1062.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2011
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [WJS]

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1 idea.

04-25-2014 14:12 owling is offline Search for Posts by owling Add owling to your Buddy List
lightboy
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-17-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I do not really agree. I am a sniper, which means I am weak in defence compared to other options. In my 3vs3 team there is another sniper and one 1h melee (White Lady and Makavelli). So far, out of 3 fights, 2 were in defense and 1 in attack, we won all of them.

It is true that it is not the same attacking that defending, and many players have worked mainly in offensive gear and not that much in defensive. That is my case, for example, although as soon as new arenas were announced I started improving my defensive skills (upgrading buildings, training stats, creating gear, etc.) and this has helped a lot.

Anyway, at the end of the day all teams are in the same position, nobody can know if they will be in offensive or defensive position. Those with multipurpose equipment are in advantage, but they deserve it.

In case devs consider this arena has to change, my proposal is to doble the number of fights: In every 3vs3 arena, imagine team A facing team B, there would be 2 fights:

- A vs B
- B vs A

5 silver coins for each winner.

04-25-2014 16:57 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-09-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: AS

implement option no. 2 and be done with it! Tongue
i wanna see HUGE BATTLES of 6 ppl trying to reduce 120k hp in 10 rounds P:

try converting this into a poll Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TigerDrive: 04-25-2014 19:35.

04-25-2014 19:34 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Just because we make a poll doesn't mean the admins will change it.
04-25-2014 19:43 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-09-2011
Clan: AS

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Just because we make a poll doesn't mean the admins will change it.

the admins surely will know about our opinion Wink
(out of those options i mean...)

04-26-2014 03:29 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

We are still evaluating how we want the arenas to work, there are bound to me some changes coming (I can't promise you anything specific however)

04-27-2014 18:38 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Clan: CoS

I'm pretty curious to know how it is decided that a team will be on attacking side or defending side. Is it just a random probability or something with the sum total of the player stats has to do with it? Say the team with better initiative gets the chance to ambush or the team with higher level of bodyguard agency gets the same.

04-27-2014 20:20 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

I like lightboy's idea of a two stage Arena for 5 silver each half.

Failing that, weakest team goes first maybe?

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
04-29-2014 14:40 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Hazardous
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1037.gif

Registration Date: 01-20-2011
Race in game: Absorber

Still no word on this situation?

Being on the defence in 3v3 is not a favorable position.

I like No.2 but 4 could be interesting Wink
05-06-2014 02:00 Hazardous is offline Search for Posts by Hazardous Add Hazardous to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Thread Starter Thread Started by dooz

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc
I like lightboy's idea of a two stage Arena for 5 silver each half.

Failing that, weakest team goes first maybe?

Actually, weakest team were going first. But this new solution is much much better

05-06-2014 13:14 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

The solution is either coming very soon or already implemented Smile

05-06-2014 20:19 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Kleks
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-289.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2007
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: A.S

I tought you fixed troll 3vs3?

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=560be10f29

seems not..

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kleks: 07-25-2014 06:24.

05-08-2014 20:37 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
Kleks
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-289.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2007
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: A.S

up...

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=560be10f29

this post deserve it as troll 3v3 hasn't been fixed

07-25-2014 06:26 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
Szeszej
Administrator

Please don't delete reports if you want to put them on the forums.

07-27-2014 13:30 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Problem with 3 vs 3 arena

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH