Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » 3 vs 3 arenas matching » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 3 vs 3 arenas matching
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Zdygr

Registration Date: 11-07-2010

3 vs 3 arenas matching Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There's much frustration resulting from the way 3 vs 3 teams are matched on r2en. I think less than 1 in 3 fights I've been in were even remotely fair - and usually they were obviously far from the best matches available.

I can think of 3 changes that could address this:
1) Closer matches should be looked for. It's common to see teams with 10000 points fighting against 11000 now - which is a terrible match, with a stronger team usually having over +30-40 total levels.
The way team scores are calculated from the personal ones seems well thought-out, but then these scores are just flushed down the toilet :-(

2) Make the 1 vs 1 fight results also affect 3 vs 3 personal scores (ranking). Some 50% of the change in this score should come from 3 vs 3 results, and the other 50% - from 1 vs 1 results. It makes sense because the combat conditions are close enough, and it will allow for better estimates of characters' power with less dependance on the team choice fluctuations, mistakes etc.

3) The score change after unlikely victories in 3 vs 3 fights should be less dramatic. As it is now, you can lose 10 battles and have your score lowered by 80 points, and then one lucky victory might get you 100+ points. Thus spoiling your chances to have a realistic match for many further battles.
Perhaps it wouldn't feel so unfair if there was also an increased reward (silver coins) in such cases.

09-18-2014 21:37 Zdygr is offline Search for Posts by Zdygr Add Zdygr to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

All I can say is ask you to be patient. With global arenas you will be matched much MUCH more equally.

09-21-2014 19:17 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Yowie

Registration Date: 01-08-2010
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can you please let us know about the progress with global arenas, or whether devs are even working on it? As we are waiting for more than 5 months already, that is like almost half a year and still not a word about it from devs...

09-25-2014 19:02 Yowie is offline Search for Posts by Yowie Add Yowie to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » 3 vs 3 arenas matching

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH