Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Fall Ranged Patch is running out of Fall... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fall Ranged Patch is running out of Fall... 4 Votes - Average Rating: 4.254 Votes - Average Rating: 4.25
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yowie, what setups did you use for caclulations. And are those numbers average calculations or max possible?

11-27-2014 07:37 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

Thread Starter Thread Started by theheraldofogc
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Also, are you accounting for tattoo damage boosts?

1/4 off Collectors?

100% crit boost of DL?

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
11-27-2014 13:40 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc
Also, are you accounting for tattoo damage boosts?

1/4 off Collectors?

100% crit boost of DL?

Ehh, all ranged tattoos have the crit damage modifier. They reduced crit multiplier on weapons and added to tattoo to avoid a build involving solar set.

11-27-2014 14:33 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Given what a pain in the arse that's been, a nerf for Ranged on the Solar Set itself would have been nice instead <.<

Seems ass-backwards to make one of the most sought after sets in the game essential to fix an entire archetype instead of just adding a single line of code to stop Ranged (three tattoos and 20% of all weapons) from being busted with a hard to get set.

EDIT: To clarify the sour grapes, I expected my Demon Lord to get better a bit sooner. By my estimate it's a pretty awesome set by the time you finish your Critical evolution and have either the right armour or weapon to provide the rest of the crit chance (level 86 minimum).
Demon Lords can be awesome, but I would recommend you start as a Sniper so the game is easy to progress through (especially expos) until high level.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by theheraldofogc: 11-27-2014 15:36.

11-27-2014 15:32 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Yowie

Registration Date: 01-08-2010
Race in game: Absorber

i combined deadly set of speed deadly set of ds with hawks / vengeful whichever gave most dmg. In case of TK of dryad i also calculated with hawks of genius at p5. For example with pilum i used deadly of speed combined with deadly of speed on DL. Msg me if you want to know exact items.

yes i of course included tats bonuses and also respected their def reqs (1/4 dmg for collector or 2 attacks and 11 dmg for DL, however i didnt count possibilities as hunter - there might be hidden some small dmg boost but very small if any)

11-27-2014 18:37 Yowie is offline Search for Posts by Yowie Add Yowie to your Buddy List
Yowie

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
Yowie, what setups did you use for caclulations. And are those numbers average calculations or max possible?

Oh and i forgot to mention second time that those are average numbers with max possible setups or other factors (20% ignore defence, SB at 25%, max crit chance)

Also other races might get some other dmg boost, but i expect that TK will be best item in all races except absorber as dmg Boost from majesty for example favours lot of attacks of TKs instead to fewer attacks of pilum/xbow/composite with higher crit modifier. I really hope they will make it more even so we could see more possible builds

11-27-2014 19:20 Yowie is offline Search for Posts by Yowie Add Yowie to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Cheers for the work Yowie.

Throwing Knife looked like a winner at a glance, but it's useful to see it hammered out Smile

11-27-2014 23:53 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Yowie

how much longer will we wait for this patch? because you know, winter is coming...

more importantly if the changes are introduced can we be assured that there wont be any further changes to it for a longer time?
because so far it looks like every ranged user will need to upgrade a new weapon to p5 (specifically TK of dryad) which will cost a lot of stones and nobody wants to find a week or month later that there were some changes and best weapon is no longer TK but for example pilum of wolf. So can we be sure nothing like this happens? or if it does will we get refund for burned stones on upgrades and items we used to merge it?

And i am asking this for a reason as you(devs) did something like this not long ago, after a month or more collectors luck was reduced, and one of things that luck affects is crit chance. So basicaly you reduced collector's crit chance after i switched from hunter to collector and relied on crit chance from luck... and my point is not complaining about that now but to ask you to be more careful with changes like that.

12-10-2014 16:49 Yowie is offline Search for Posts by Yowie Add Yowie to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Some details WOULD be nice.

It's already getting a bit brutal on Moria III scrapping over merge pieces, and that's just off of speculation :/

12-11-2014 02:03 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

No new info sadly Frown

12-11-2014 14:05 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Booooo Frown

I am at least ready now!

Got a Composite Bow of Dryad, plus a Shuriken of Vengeance to merge it into a Throwing Knife. Just want to double check which is better Smile

12-12-2014 11:01 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

Has there been any development on this patch???
It's well past fall at this point... halfway through winter now. Some kind of update on when we should expect it would be very much appreciated Wink

01-13-2015 14:58 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Any news on how this is going?

Which weapons are looking good?

Can you get the bonus in King of the Hill?

01-27-2015 14:41 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

http://beta.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mi...&key=d2bc36020f

as to be expected, throwing knife of dryad looks scary

but this mederlin have great equipment and a few very strong enchants
http://beta.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mi...&key=44e32936f8

01-27-2015 15:36 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

That is VERY impressive O.o

But I suppose by level 125 you'd want to be doing decent damage :p

Thanks Nndungu Smile

(I just hope they don't scrap the TK of Dryad... already upgrading one on Moria III)

01-27-2015 17:45 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

Just wonderinghow things are going with this?
Is it looking like there need to be changes to the released details of the patch?
Will beta testing be continuing for much longer?
Some little info from the devs would be greatly appreciated Wink

And Szeszej, no offence intended, but I think the fact that it was close to beta testing was new info (but maybe that's just me) or at least worth mentioning when it went into beta rather than saying nothing at all. It really doesn't do much for the feeling of being ignored when things aren't mentioned when the there ARE new developments...

02-05-2015 15:42 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Yowie

There have been some slight changes on beta already.
No idea how much longer but beta server is pretty dead already.

02-05-2015 23:25 Yowie is offline Search for Posts by Yowie Add Yowie to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Improvements? Or nerfs to planned sets?

02-06-2015 02:50 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

The Beta is running, we'll have more info soon Smile

02-06-2015 06:51 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Any changes to the proposed changes, ie. are all ranged weapons players preparing to use throwing knife of dryad now?

02-06-2015 07:47 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

I have a Throwing Knife of Dryad ready to go on Moria III.

As such, I expect it to get nerfed all to hell :p

(Personally, I would like to see other options improved instead of the current best choice obliterated)

02-06-2015 16:43 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Yowie

changes so far look like this:
TK of dryad - crit chance down by 20%

TK of wolf - additional 30 dmg
Pilum of wolf - crit dmg modifier +50%

Composite bow of fire rate - more dmg (i think +50 dmg)
Pilum of fire rate - crit chance +30%

So still TK of dryad is best, absorbers may be little bit better with TK of wolf now

quote:
Any changes to the proposed changes, ie. are all ranged weapons players preparing to use throwing knife of dryad now?

yes still TK of dryad looks best

02-06-2015 20:10 Yowie is offline Search for Posts by Yowie Add Yowie to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

I heard they will remove dodge from ranged tats
02-06-2015 21:38 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Thanks Yowie Smile

Fire rate definitely needed something extra attached. The nerf isn't TOO devastating abd can be built around.

And what thing with dodge now?

02-06-2015 23:24 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

- crit chance to tk of dryad is still completly managable

you stil get 40% crit ?
considering with ta of reaction you get - 1%

i still think this is good Tongue well i have my tk of dryad p5 ready and waiting...so hoping beta ends soon and we can test these out

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
02-07-2015 02:16 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Something I'm still not sure of...

Do the bonuses work in King of the Hill or not?

02-07-2015 21:28 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Yowie

quote:
Do the bonuses work in King of the Hill or not?

yes they do

02-07-2015 23:32 Yowie is offline Search for Posts by Yowie Add Yowie to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Yay ^.^

Thanks for the updates Smile

02-08-2015 01:32 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

hey Szesejblah Tongue

how is beta testing looking right now ?
can we have a rough estimate at how long it will continue for ?

cheers
ba_al

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
02-12-2015 10:40 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
hey Szesejblah Tongue

how is beta testing looking right now ?
can we have a rough estimate at how long it will continue for ?

cheers
ba_al

bump

its very soon going to have to be renamed summer ranged patch Tongue

03-10-2015 01:45 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

The problem is the last couple of months were spent making the game comply with the newest EU regulations regarding online payments. The beta tests are largely completed, you should see the patch soon Wink

03-10-2015 06:58 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Thank you Szesjez Smile

Knowing what's tripped you up will keep us happy for a while :p

03-10-2015 20:15 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to the patch Smile

Still curious what was meant by "removing dodge from ranged tats"???
I'm not aware of any dodge from ranged tats to begin with... so unless the suggestion is not allowing ranged users to dodge at all (which is retarded) then I have no idea what it's about

03-10-2015 23:03 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
The problem is the last couple of months were spent making the game comply with the newest EU regulations regarding online payments. The beta tests are largely completed, you should see the patch soon Wink

ok thx szesej im looking forward to it ^^

03-11-2015 00:22 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

Silly you, you didn't know they were talking about fall 2015.
03-11-2015 06:50 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Maybe Ranged will be harder to dodge? :/

03-11-2015 22:18 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to the patch Smile

Still curious what was meant by "removing dodge from ranged tats"???
I'm not aware of any dodge from ranged tats to begin with... so unless the suggestion is not allowing ranged users to dodge at all (which is retarded) then I have no idea what it's about

there is no dodge so shhh..let them remove somethign that dosnt exist instead of removing aomething we actually need/use lol

03-12-2015 03:34 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Fall Ranged Patch is running out of Fall...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH