Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » poh patch-9 month after » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page poh patch-9 month after 12 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BattleOx

3. better rewards in sieges like item's or stones for the surivor's this'll put the sieging on a routine

4. More task sieges or renewable task siege for something I dunno like werewolvesLvl1 werewolves lvl2 etc etc with a bigger reward with each lvl.

Nice ideas, some very creative.

However, all i can see this doing is bringing an opportunity for money farming, and a way of getting stones for those that want/need them.

For example someone could organise a seige with 2 low level low player clans, and fix the outcome, returning the favour to bring stones into their wells of souls.

11-08-2009 17:17 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
BattleOx

Registration Date: 10-14-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: NIGHT

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
quote:
Originally posted by BattleOx

3. better rewards in sieges like item's or stones for the surivor's this'll put the sieging on a routine

4. More task sieges or renewable task siege for something I dunno like werewolvesLvl1 werewolves lvl2 etc etc with a bigger reward with each lvl.

Nice ideas, some very creative.

However, all i can see this doing is bringing an opportunity for money farming, and a way of getting stones for those that want/need them.

For example someone could organise a seige with 2 low level low player clans, and fix the outcome, returning the favour to bring stones into their wells of souls.

Just adding to my point 3
It'd be governed by the RNG it'd be more like the quest rewards.

The patch shouldn't be deleted that's just going backwards and if we start going backwards the game won't get better we need to move forward not back

11-08-2009 22:34 BattleOx is offline Search for Posts by BattleOx Add BattleOx to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: DB

Thread Starter Thread Started by CESARZ

i don't want sige back, siege is now, but i want back merc
5) New-in-clan patch=> In the first 24h after joining a clan the person will not get any PoH from sieges. He will still be able to join sieges and start them.
only it if free poh can't be deleting Frown

11-10-2009 08:40 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

i wouldnt mind merc coming back there would be more takeover seiges then.

would shake things up a bit

but you could work it like this

if only been in clan for less then 24 hrs you would gain only half poh that way players couldnt really complain about theren mercs getting loads of poh and leaving. so it would be 1 point of dam=1 poh instaed of 2 and a kill would give you 50 instaed of 100
11-10-2009 14:21 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

i think it would be a bad idea to allow people to gain poh as soon as they enter clans because of this.

more mercing = more seiges = more poh = mobs dissappear faster meaning ressurection cost spirals out of control. yes, big players have the poh/resources to ressurect, but what about mid level players who maybe cant get the resources/poh. today for example, i ressurected a golem at cost of 181k people and 3k poh, which i only managed to get with help from other players. if there was more poh, this cost wouldve most likely been higher. also people (the resource) is starting to become a little harder to come by. more mobs ressurected = less people on the server

11-10-2009 17:47 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by popeye2k8
i think it would be a bad idea to allow people to gain poh as soon as they enter clans because of this.

more mercing = more seiges = more poh = mobs dissappear faster meaning ressurection cost spirals out of control. yes, big players have the poh/resources to ressurect, but what about mid level players who maybe cant get the resources/poh. today for example, i ressurected a golem at cost of 181k people and 3k poh, which i only managed to get with help from other players. if there was more poh, this cost wouldve most likely been higher. also people (the resource) is starting to become a little harder to come by. more mobs ressurected = less people on the server

i agree, and this thread is starting to chase it's own tail, same solutions and issues come up, either way the low end players lose out, this will always be the case, and to me it seems slightly obvious.
sort of in the same way blodsugare Vs 1 pointer if the game system allowed it.
bigger = faster growth + poh from buildings + exp, but nothing can be done about that.
play on till you get there, or find an amazing eq that lets you go 1 man med or something.
either way this will be an issue, and not necessarily caused by the patch.

for the original point, i remember before the patch, there was a siege, what happened? peopel didn't join as they had PoH they might lose.

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

11-10-2009 19:53 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

ok i'll get alot of stick for this but how about this

on the first day of the month everyones poh is reset to zero that would get seiges back plus slow down the mibs being killed so fast and reduce the cost of resercating mobs aswell

may the uproar begin lol
11-10-2009 23:26 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Registration Date: 06-27-2009
Clan: LIG + DASH

quote:
Originally posted by darc
ok i'll get alot of stick for this but how about this

on the first day of the month everyones poh is reset to zero that would get seiges back plus slow down the mibs being killed so fast and reduce the cost of resercating mobs aswell

may the uproar begin lol

Its a thought but then Z3 up and higher players would get poh quicker and Z4/Z5 would be worse off.

Also day 1/2 of month is only when most peps can go 4 badge before top 50 2 mans all the mobs

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Trailer) Its Brilliant
11-10-2009 23:37 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

but thats it they would have to wait till they get poh first so theres no way they could kill everything in the 4days it takes them to do nor could they keep bring the mobs back and making the costs huge for everyone else and the quick fix to get the poh to do it all is to arrange a seige.

and the top players would have to stick to doing there big expos leaving the lower expos longer for everyone else to get a fair shot. i dont even think the would two man the expos because they would only have one shot at doing it before they have to get the poh together again in two days to get the next one started. even with buildings no one could start an expo on the first day. if you time it to reset the same moment the mobs are reset.

and the patch once again becomes usefull plus seiges will start again because noone will have poh to say "i dont want to lose my poh" lol

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 11-10-2009 23:47.

11-10-2009 23:45 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

quote:
but thats it they would have to wait till they get poh first so theres no way they could kill everything in the 4days it takes them to do nor could they keep bring the mobs back and making the costs huge for everyone else and the quick fix to get the poh to do it all is to arrange a seige.

and the top players would have to stick to doing there big expos leaving the lower expos longer for everyone else to get a fair shot. i dont even think the would two man the expos because they would only have one shot at doing it before they have to get the poh together again in two days to get the next one started. even with buildings no one could start an expo on the first day. if you time it to reset the same moment the mobs are reset.

and the patch once again becomes usefull plus seiges will start again because noone will have poh to say "i dont want to lose my poh" lol

I swear i just heard u say something about higher players having to 2man

2maning isn't the solution its the problem

I promoise u, if everyone fully filled there expos then mobs would last longer.

Aka what just said gives higher lvls a reason to 2 man mobs while lower players have to get POH to fill teams, also how we know u highers won't wipe all gold/golems/nobles so u then can go ur higher mobs and we all didn't get a expo chance. Not saying u personlly darc but if they get all lower mobs then they are free to do expos we all can't.

Do u get my point

11-11-2009 00:30 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

why would they use there poh on a lower mob for less exp they would go for higher mobs. but because the dont have a surplus in poh anymore they couldnt be pickie.

i take full teams at all times even tho i get less exp i like the higher chance of killing what i go for.

and i agree 2 man expos is a problem thats why if they want to take risk and be killed they have to get poh again. and yes they do get killed ive seen it

and you forgeting that seiges would be comman place again because no one would have poh the patch would be good to topup you poh and the buildings yeah they good but every one would be seiging agian to get poh that would be a frenzy on the first day of reset. evryone would be at same point plus the only way to bring a mob back would be with a seige since they give the most poh.

i don't even think the would two man the expos because they would only have one shot at doing it before they have to get the poh together again in two days to get the next one started

thats what i said about them two manning expos.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 11-11-2009 00:51.

11-11-2009 00:50 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Ye but i want sieges back but again going to lower players as if they forced into POH sieges they get slautered.

Maybe a rule that the first 4 days after each reset peps can only att the monster of there last badge and next one up, give all lowers chance to get badges and make 2 maning not possible straight off

11-11-2009 00:58 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

that would be too much to implerment. but they could put a patch in that stops two man expos min of three ppl per expo and it would stop ppl asking for the higher ups for help in wt expos and ignoring the ppl of the same lvl.

lets face as much as we complain about two man expos the lower lvls want some big player to join an expo which they wont get any exp from so the low lvl player is being greeded to

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 11-11-2009 06:40.

11-11-2009 01:15 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

RE: poh patch-9 month after Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Na can't say no 2man WD or BD thats not good as wat about if someone wanted to do a WD expo on Necro, min lvl start/join = 40/37

Also just want to add, this my opinion

'That NO-ONE who does constant or a lot of 2 man expos can Whine about mob.'

11-11-2009 01:19 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

it could only apply to underworld since you only have to be lvl 20 to start them.

well the way it stands now we need to do something drastic to get the game started again i.e seiges and taking everyones poh of them at 1st of month seems like a good option.
11-11-2009 06:46 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008

I just love how people keep focussing on 'bigger players' and how they hog all the PoH and kill all the MOBs.

May i ask all these middle players, how many of your ambushes are you getting 150-200+ Exp from (translates to 15-20 PoH)? As you get closer to the top, that number will drop off considerably. The higher up you get, the more you have to start hitting below you, which means less PoH from ambushes.

Also, when you need the resources to respawn, do you go to >100 point players in your clan or elsewhere? Hardly likely.

The point with resurrecting MOBs is it's an OPTION, not obligatory. Personally, i have a limit to how much i spend on a respawn, i dont break that limit, and that way, i keep my PoH amount balanced. Sustainable development.

Everyone crying out for PoH sieges to return, ever tried organising them on a daily basis? They're a nightmare, trying to keep both sides balanced, everyone happy, and with a 30% success rate (either side gets PoH) at best.
11-11-2009 10:13 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu
I just love how people keep focussing on 'bigger players' and how they hog all the PoH and kill all the MOBs.

May i ask all these middle players, how many of your ambushes are you getting 150-200+ Exp from (translates to 15-20 PoH)? As you get closer to the top, that number will drop off considerably. The higher up you get, the more you have to start hitting below you, which means less PoH from ambushes.

Also, when you need the resources to respawn, do you go to >100 point players in your clan or elsewhere? Hardly likely.

The point with resurrecting MOBs is it's an OPTION, not obligatory. Personally, i have a limit to how much i spend on a respawn, i dont break that limit, and that way, i keep my PoH amount balanced. Sustainable development.

Everyone crying out for PoH sieges to return, ever tried organising them on a daily basis? They're a nightmare, trying to keep both sides balanced, everyone happy, and with a 30% success rate (either side gets PoH) at best.

and all it takes is one jealous player or someone not reading messages right to jump in and completely wrecks the organisation.

as a whole, apart from a few individuals and clans, this server is quite selfish. not many people will help others ressurect, not many people will ressurect half and allow someone else to take the rest of the ressurection cost.

foxy9, if you could 2 man a big mob im sure you would. i say well done to the players who are capable of doing this. they are just looking for the biggest exp boost they can get thats all.

11-11-2009 11:36 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

a few ideas that i like

great ideas you would have to make point 3 so that you only get rewards if you get poh so no steamrolling smaller clans for stones this would also increase the amount of PoH = more resurrection

the task sieges ive always wanted something for the clan to do perhaps you would have a standard werewolf say 50 in all stats (just for example) and a clan level so once the clan has killed this solo werewolf they level up to level 2 and then get 2 standard werewolves or 1 werewolf with 100 in all stats (maybe bit to much of a jump but im sure you get the idea) so this siege will never get old cos even BoS would struggle against huge numbers of these werewolves

More expo monsters simple solution but effective its really annoying took me two months to get my hydra badge when the first one i went on i nearly killed it with just shields simply because i could never start an expo cos i never had enough for ressurrection costs and the mobs only last a few days before you have to start ressurecting

a standard ressurection fee so no matter how many have already been ressurected it always costs the same to ressurect another

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

11-11-2009 12:35 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

quote:

lets face as much as we complain about two man expos the lower lvls want some big player to join an expo which they wont get any exp from so the low lvl player is being greeded to

to necro i didnt just focus on big players there.

if some idoit wants to jump in and ruin a good even seige then they should be punished i.e removed from clan that way they cant join any other clan for 24hrs so they be open. it might be harsh but would have desired effect. esspecally if they have a good sqaure.
11-11-2009 15:20 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by popeye2k8
quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu

and all it takes is one jealous player or someone not reading messages right to jump in and completely wrecks the organisation.

as a whole, apart from a few individuals and clans, this server is quite selfish. not many people will help others ressurect, not many people will ressurect half and allow someone else to take the rest of the ressurection cost.

foxy9, if you could 2 man a big mob im sure you would. i say well done to the players who are capable of doing this. they are just looking for the biggest exp boost they can get thats all.

Pops i wouldn't =)
I want others to grow and i always try to fill expos

And they might get huge xp but there the ones saying and complain.

Full teams = less daily expos, more xp all round, more mobs, less resurecting needed

11-11-2009 16:21 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

Why do the higher players have a problem? ... we can resurrect them .. yeah sometimes its a bit of a micky take with the poh & people but most can ... your saying you want higher players to do lower expos & fill the teams... the lowest I can hit & actually get exp is a gold.. & i could probably solo it .. higher players WONT touch anything lower than a golem or medusa.. the reason there was next to no golems about a month ago was because theyre simple to farm.. me & Hayz killed 8 /9 of them with just the 2 of us.. if it was Hayz expo we would take a few smaller players but at the end of the day theyre easy to kill ... the bigger players take who they need to kill it ..

me and exorcist used to do golems on a daily basis for the reason that if we got a medusa (which happened quite often) we could kill that too..

we do smaller expos so that the chance of us failing if we get the wrong mob is minimal....

you all cry because you have no poh .. i have just over 1k left after borrowing diablos square....now how am I supposed to revive a mob?

i sit in z4 and there are only 2-3 people above me i can attack for PoH... i hit small mobs at the reset so that i can still do the bigger, less-farmed mobs at the end of the month....

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

11-12-2009 13:34 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

yup goilums are really easy. and the answer to your first question why ppl have problem with higher ups is cause they wont take lower lvls who are desparet to get exp and stones would it really kill them to take to take a full team and watch the whole grow in go? no it wouldnt.

so the lowers dont have poh and the highers do am quite happy with my 1.5k poh but at least i take a full team when i start them. no matter what lvl they are.
11-12-2009 14:16 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

A bit a balance is needed. Would it really kill lower levels to do expos within their means and help their mates get badges instead of all trying to get on the big expos?

I like taking little ones with me but they start expecting it and forget that they get plenty of xp from lower expos. It goes both ways lower player can be just a greedy as higher levels.

11-12-2009 14:35 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

which ive already stated aswell.

i dont mind taking them but i wont do it at expense of losing expo ether
11-12-2009 14:39 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

quote:
yup goilums are really easy. and the answer to your first question why ppl have problem with higher ups is cause they wont take lower lvls who are desparet to get exp and stones would it really kill them to take to take a full team and watch the whole grow in go? no it wouldnt.

so the lowers dont have poh and the highers do am quite happy with my 1.5k poh but at least i take a full team when i start them. no matter what lvl they are.

Bloodwars isn't some kind of Communist daycare centre.

If you join a power clan as a low-level and expect to be taken on higher expos you're sadly mistaken.

Either be in a clan around your size, OR join a clan like Boot Camp (just one example, there are several), where the emphasis isn't on racing ahead of everyone else.
11-13-2009 18:33 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

am not saying that.

but one expo where they fill it up wouldnt be a bad thing would they would have plenty of expos afterwards to go and do a two man expo. whats the point in joinning a clan if you only going to look after yourself and not help the clan as a whole.
11-13-2009 23:27 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

quote:
am not saying that.

but one expo where they fill it up wouldnt be a bad thing would they would have plenty of expos afterwards to go and do a two man expo. whats the point in joinning a clan if you only going to look after yourself and not help the clan as a whole.

Well possibly the best players do see themselves as helping others (ie. they aint solo-ing the the MOBs). They are helping others at the same level as themselves.

One expo where they fill up? is that per week? per day? per month?

Point being, who is it you're referring to? I have joined certain bigger clans before, and been taken on little to no expos. Surprise? No. Why? Because the biggest players have the worst PoH intake from ambushes, so why are they gonna waste their PoH bringing me along as a 5th hitter when they have 4 hitters capable of doing the same job?

Makes no sense at all. Why should clans change their entire policy and procedure to accomodate someone?

If you enter a top 5 clan as a low-level player, dont expect to be taken on Medusa+, even taken on a Golem is a stretch.

However, back to the original point of this entire thread. Yes, the PoH patch has changed the dynamics of the game, making it more repetitive and tedious for some.

Is that the fault of the top players? No. Do they need to compensate lower players for this? No. Is this thread repeating itself and turning into an endless whine about how all top-level players are to blame for everything that's wrong with the game? Yes.

EDIT: For spelling. Literally one. So proud considering the alcohol intake.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NouveauNosferatu: 11-14-2009 01:57.

11-14-2009 01:56 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

ok this tread is goin absolutely nowhere and will still go nowhere until ppl actually come up with some reasonable solution to get loads of sieges back in

11-14-2009 11:34 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
HamsterGod
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-633.jpg

Registration Date: 12-30-2008
Clan: HLL

quote:
Originally posted by nero
ok this tread is goin absolutely nowhere and will still go nowhere until ppl actually come up with some reasonable solution to get loads of sieges back in

It's not like you can force them on people
There is a thread where some clans offered that they are up for poh sieges so why not ask them.
Generally the only thing which can bring sieges back is setting them up .

11-14-2009 12:24 HamsterGod is offline Search for Posts by HamsterGod Add HamsterGod to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

thread closed. the same points are being brought up over and over again. if people want poh seiges, arrange them or join a clan who does them. dont sit moaning and waiting for one to come to you.

11-14-2009 12:56 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » poh patch-9 month after

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH