Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Selling up and leaving » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Selling up and leaving
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Selling up and leaving Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've finally had enough of Underworld being ignored by the devs, and have given up the ghost on trying to make the game better for all and more balanced ....... as far as I see it, that is no longer possible.

So I've decided it's time to bid adieu to all my friends in BW, and like the rat on the sinking ship, swim for it.

03-03-2008 20:25 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think it's not only you, but all of us are ignored by devs. I really would like not to see you go as I don't know english so good as you.. you have always chosen the right and appropriate words and expressed exactly what I have been thinking about.
I think we all help more this game by staying and continually poking devs into ribs saying them what we don't like and what should be changed or could be added or improved.
I still think this game can be saved and that's why I am still here otherwise I would have left long ago, but it would probably require separate development of UK and PL servers. I know this is very unlikely to happen, but as more players are coming and playing the more some of the patches might start working as they require bigger playerbase then we have before 6 months. The activity is also much lower than on PL servers and that needs to be changed, so the game balance can start working.
I don't know if your decision can be reverted, but I would really like you to stay and continue to fight with us for all.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
03-03-2008 20:41 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Gendibal
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gendibal
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It isn't just me that is ignored, it is the entirety of Underworld, and for that reason I have finally decided that Underworld cannot be saved ..... Through all the months of trying to poke the devs in the ribs and get the game to a more balanced and fair state what has been achieved, despite my fancy words and ideas?

Approximately nothing ...... everything we've had here is a cast off from the polish servers and will always be so, because I personally think that the only one of the admin team that actually gives a flying fig about the Underworld server is Szeszej, and he has no power with the dev team, which means he gets as frustrated as we do at times.

Until the dev team take their heads from up their asses and start listening (not just replying to the odd thread when they're told it's there) then Underworld is never going to get out of the hole it has settled into.

The ACTIVE playerbase is far lower than you would believe, if they were to trim the inacs and banneds out of the lists, you'd be looking at a list of around 2-3k places, and that will not change until changes are made to Underworld to make it MORE PLAYABLE

03-03-2008 20:52 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
SW3294

images/avatars/avatar-170.jpg

Registration Date: 12-17-2007
Clan: [T.B.M]

No not another big gun leaving this calls for an instant change. First Zauborin now you and Scyanide.

03-03-2008 20:59 SW3294 is offline Search for Posts by SW3294 Add SW3294 to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

If my leaving causes a change that improves the game for others then it won't be in vain ....... but I wouldn't hold my breath

03-03-2008 21:13 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

You can't leave man!! You're the only hope of anything ever improving in Underworld! Frown I think it's the death of the server if we lose three of the best players in the space of little over a week. How many more will go when they see this happening?

03-03-2008 21:17 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

As far as I see it nothing is going to change ..... players starting to leave is inevitable.

In effect Underworld is already dead and has been for quite a while, but the fighters who have refused to give up on it for the last 6-9 months, and have actively and futilely campaigned for change, are finally starting to wake up and see that CPR will no longer work, it's going to need more than a burning bush and 3 days to resurrect this one.

03-03-2008 21:22 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Neufreiha

Registration Date: 12-05-2007

Frown

Very sad to see you go Gendi, going to miss you on your soapbox yelling for the revolution we badly need.

I really hope that Underworld isn't beyond help, but after spending a little time on one of the Polish servers and seeing just how different the game is there I suppose its only a matter of time before the server really folds up.

03-03-2008 21:30 Neufreiha is offline Search for Posts by Neufreiha Add Neufreiha to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

This is still a great game in spite of all the flaws and hell, if it was perfect, we'd have nothing to complain about and where's the fun in that!! Wink I still enjoy playing and I'll continue to do so until I can no longer say that. If you say you no longer get a kick out of the game, then that's fair enough...but please don't just quit out of frustration at the devs Frown

03-03-2008 21:31 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

In all honesty the only thing that has kept me from quitting for the last 3 months is the hope that the devs would stop ignoring what was said here and start repairing things ...... but it's quite clear that is something that is just not going to happen Frown and without that dev support, the game is dead

03-03-2008 21:39 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

Well, can you at least give the devs a certain length of time to respond then. I feel they cannot ignore the events of the last week. When they see so many big players leaving/threatening to leave, then they may act...

If you have no clear indication in, say the next 48 hours, on proposed changes that suit THIS server, then go. It shouldn't come to ultimatums, but don't give up the ghost without one last ditch Gendi rant!! We'd all love to see you go out with a shotgun blast if nothing else! Wink

03-03-2008 21:47 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

They've already had 9 months of shotgun blasts from me ..... might still have a load of ammo, but it seems I've worn out the firing pin.

I agree that it shouldn't come down to ultimatums, and thats why I haven't made one ..... it's past the time when the devs can make me believe that they really give a stuff about Underworld. Without their support, there may as well be no server ..... last time I was going to leave someone persuaded me stay with the lines 'give the devs another chance' and 'wait til the next patch', and here I am 3 months later in the same position with no real changes, so hearing them again now doesn't really fill me with confidence for the future of Underworld

03-03-2008 22:00 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

Oy, this is more sad news indeed! It's not just big guns that are deleting their characters or leaving either. People accross the whole ranks are leaving. This game is just not as fun as it used to be. I've been debating whether or not to continue buying premium once mine expires later this month. Why should I pour any more money into something that's lost it's appeal and shows no sign of improving? There's a lot of unhappy players who's opinions have gone ignored. I almost wonder if they are hoping enough people leave so they can just shut this server down.

03-03-2008 22:06 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Hespera
I almost wonder if they are hoping enough people leave so they can just shut this server down.

Not the first time this point has been brought up, and it makes you wonder doesn't it?

03-03-2008 22:25 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
SW3294

Don't worry Gendi I will try to continue poking at the devs where you left of until I can poke no more! Your words and views will not have all been in vein I will make sure of that, so farewell and good luck in whatever you do, and come on this forum now and again and just voice your opinion it would be quiet without it.

03-03-2008 22:53 SW3294 is offline Search for Posts by SW3294 Add SW3294 to your Buddy List
tr3at5

Registration Date: 09-11-2007

i dont sapose this helps but in other games i wont name changes were made when 97% of the server vacation moded and checked the server once a day.

but nt sure if tht will work here
03-03-2008 23:14 tr3at5 is offline Search for Posts by tr3at5 Add tr3at5 to your Buddy List
SW3294

Well something needs to happen and quickly and if these people dont realise soon it will kill this game. SO LISTEN TO US!

03-03-2008 23:16 SW3294 is offline Search for Posts by SW3294 Add SW3294 to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

You need to get someone to translate that into Polish and put it somewhere the devs will see it.

On the Polish forums is about the only place for that

quote:
Originally posted by tr3at5
i dont sapose this helps but in other games i wont name changes were made when 97% of the server vacation moded and checked the server once a day.

but nt sure if tht will work here

I'd say not ..... I don't even think the devs would notice without someone telling them.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-03-2008 23:20.

03-03-2008 23:18 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
SW3294

Mad Are there any devs that can actually understand english because they haven't been taking a blind bit of notice to anyone on the british board!

03-04-2008 00:20 SW3294 is offline Search for Posts by SW3294 Add SW3294 to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Konrad and Sushi understand English perfectly ..... they just choose not to come to these forums and see whats going on very often

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-04-2008 00:26.

03-04-2008 00:24 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Whilst we never spoke directly, id like to wish you the best of luck in whatever you do Smile

I think its a shame that after you put so much effort (and premium) into the game, there's nothing to keep you here.

I think i may do the same when my pemmy acc runs out in a few weeks as i want to leave with fond memories of my time here, not the frustration and anger youre leaving with.

So best of luck dude Big Grin

03-04-2008 09:44 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

I will respect your decision, although I have to say that you could wait till patch 1.1
In my personal opinion you did more for the game than anyone else. You managed to set up a clan that would train young vampires and that clan is one of Top 5 now. Singlehanded you managed to fight the devs even when the said 'Sorry for the inconvenience'.

I'm well fed up with adding people I will remember to my profile, but I will make one more exception Wink

Hey devs, CAN'T YOU SEE WHATS GOING ON HERE?!?!??!??!

And I want an answer. More than one sentence.

If the 1.1 patch fails to make this game better I will join the league of leaving gentlemen (and ladies of course). Yes devs, this is a threat.

03-04-2008 09:56 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Cheers Art.

So many people have tried to keep this server alive with suggestions for improvements, reporting multis etc to assist the devs and admins in keeping their loss of time through the tedious tasks down to a minimum. The frustration and anger comes into it where Underworld doesn't even warrant occasional replies from the developers telling us what is going on about our concerns ..... all we get is 'Tests begin in X weeks, date of implementation on UK server unknown' (as always read into that as the tests will go ahead on Polish servers).

When Zauborin deleted his account (albeit for different reasons) there wasn't even a public acknowledgment from the devs about him keeping this game alive longer than anyone else ..... basically THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT UNDERWORLD and they prove it every time they implement a patch, ignoring all the points raised both proactively and retroactively.

All Underworld has become is a sideline, a quick cash cow that they can just leave on the backburner while the loyal players keep the money rolling in with the hope that it will get better ........ quick newsflash everyone - It Ain't Happening

D, I waited round for patch 1.0 in the same situation, if I wait for 1.1 then I'll be stuck here forever waiting for that next patch that 'might make it better'.

The final straw in my decision (and I'd suggest to anyone that they do the same) is when I looked through the old suggestion threads ...... not only the ones I agreed with, but a good selection ...... and saw just how much Underworld has been ignored by the devs. Very rarely do you see anything more than a short vague answer, when there is an attempt at a reply at all.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-04-2008 10:06.

03-04-2008 10:00 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Kleks
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-289.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2007
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: A.S

I hardly believe that is true.... Oh man Frown
Cmon devs don't you see that this server is bleeding out?? Instead checking the condition of a patient they rather want to path it with a tape and hope that server will heal itself.
I like to going up and up in ranking but not at the cost of loosing friends....
Devs you created this game, all of you are creative and resourceful but maby try to focusing firstly on this server rather implementing changes that was tested on polish server expecting us to accept.
Maby this is the same game but the server is different, people are different and expectation are different.

Gendibal you are one of the best friends of mine here and i'll greatly miss you.... Frown

I was playing on polish R1 a long time ago and in that time BW was a game made for players not otherwise.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Kleks: 03-04-2008 10:16.

03-04-2008 10:05 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

Oh my, more and more players are leaving the game. I'll send a message to the Dev team on polish bw, maybe they'll answer there.

Gendibal, you're a great player and an even better friend. You should be the last one to leave the game but you became one of the first. I will never forget you and wish you luck in the world outside the firewall.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-04-2008 11:33 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Gendibal
Viking

I'm not leaving the firewalled world behind yet, just the city and BW, so you'll probably see my name in other games, ..... you know games like <CENSORED>, <STOP IT>, <I'M WARNING YOU> and <THAT'S IT PAL, YOU'RE IN FOR IT NOW>.

and yes, it was me who put all the censor bits in there, so no beating Evan up

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-04-2008 11:40.

03-04-2008 11:39 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Sorry, I had to post this rather long post.

Nightwish - Slaying The Dreamer

I'm a priest for the poorest sacrifice
I'm but a raft in a sea of sorrow and greed
You bathed in my wine
Drank from my cup, mocked my rhyme
Your slit tongues licked my aching wounds

Put a stake through my heart!
And drag me into sunlight
So awake for your greed
As you're slaying the dreamer

Swansong for the Wish of Night
God it hurts, give a name to the pain
Our primrose path to hell is growing weed

Put a stake through my heart!
And drag me into sunlight
So awake for your greed
As you're slaying the dreamer

Blame me, it's me
Coward, a good-for-nothing scapegoat
Dumb kid, living a dream
Romantic only on paper

Tell me why you took all that was mine!
Stay as you lay - don't lead me astray!

Wake up, mow the weed
You'd be nothing without me
Take my life if you have the heart to die

You bastards tainted my tool
Raped my words, played me a fool
Gather your precious glitter and leave me be
The Great Ones are all dead
And I'm tired, too

I truly hate you all!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dxvOkufg810

03-04-2008 17:25 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

You will be greatly missed. Maybe this will get the devs off their behinds now that three top players have left in the span of a little under a week.
I'll miss you trying to better this game/server and I wish you luck in all your future endevours.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

03-04-2008 17:52 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Gendibal
Viking

Game system Thread ........ everyone add your comments to that one and maybe someone will take notice.

03-04-2008 18:24 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

oi if you leave we have lost the biggest mouth we have... we lose you there will never be any changes to this forsaken server....

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

03-04-2008 20:50 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Why do you think I'm opening that huge gob one last time and trying to send ripples right across the server ..... If I can get you lot noticed, then you can finish off what I and others started

03-04-2008 20:54 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

i may have to take over the gobbiness of u... dont leave...Frown

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

03-04-2008 21:08 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

I'm already gone bud, the account and player might still be here, but Gendibal is a mere ghost of his former self

03-04-2008 21:42 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

I was going to stick around and sell all of my gear off so that those who wish to carry on playing can do so, but after the telling reply that Sushi posted and the fact that Szeszej closed the thread down due to flaming (although nothing was said about Sushis shameful and downright unprofessional comments) I will be deleting this account in 7-10 days. In the meantime I will be auctioning all of the better gear I have off without setting a minimum price.

03-08-2008 01:16 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Selling up and leaving

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH