Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Expo Idea » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Expo Idea 11 Votes - Average Rating: 2.6411 Votes - Average Rating: 2.6411 Votes - Average Rating: 2.64
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Perseus

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Dash

Expo Idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now please dont hate me for this its just an idea ;]

Heres my idea Smile

When you start a expedetion xxxhydra,golem.. the game could send the whole clan a message like this saying that you have started one:

XXX has started a xxx expedetion in the spidery casm or something else... and it could have a picture of the expo mob

Please give me your thumbs up or down Smile

Perseus strikes critically with Legendary Perfect Magnum, Slomka takes 199 damage
04-16-2010 10:40 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thumb down. Instead of massive spam of messages, I'd prefer the way it is now and expect people to make the one single click on 'Expedition' and check themselves and/or the one who starts the expo should invest a bit of effort to send out messages or organize a team.

04-16-2010 10:48 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Snap with Diablo.

Clan messages for expos are fine as they are.. its just lazyness to want an option to click a clan message that sends it out and says what your doing.
04-16-2010 11:57 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
blackcat
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: end

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

pointless as flash said laziness its not hard to write a clan message

archimage on underworld riddler on necro
04-16-2010 12:28 blackcat is offline Search for Posts by blackcat Add blackcat to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

And also in larger clans peoples inboxes could be filled with people starting 2man Phoenix's or Whites which would definately be a hassle so yeah I think its fine at the moment but its not the worst expo themed idea ever been suggested Wink

04-16-2010 15:41 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

nah i dn't think its a very good idea either, specially as these av said already, the spam would be just stupid and you should have organised a team, or you PM people for an expo .... or send a clan message out yourself, it is just laziness

thumbs down from moi Big Grin

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

04-16-2010 18:54 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009

As it is, i'd give it a thumbs down too.

BUT how about if it only sent out clan messages to just those who are online at the time?

04-17-2010 00:06 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy Emperor
As it is, i'd give it a thumbs down too.

BUT how about if it only sent out clan messages to just those who are online at the time?

and if it's a two man with the whole clan online? sorry but thumbs down for all the above reasons.

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

04-17-2010 00:34 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008

i'd have to give it a thumbs down also, mainly for the 2/3man reason.
maybe if there were box or something, that said "send a starting-expedition clan message" with a box you could tick. but again... that would be alot of needless effort.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Philly: 04-17-2010 21:59.

04-17-2010 21:58 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

in theory it shouldnt be needed. in theory also, you should have a team before starting the expo and you could just pm the team to join

i disagree with this idea because if people organised their expos properly, it would be pointless

04-17-2010 23:58 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

thumbs down from me to much spam but it could be usefull in smaller clans maybe if you added it as an option so the guildmaster could enable/disable it then have a box that you could check when starting the expo

that way big clans where it would create loads of needless spam can disable it and small clansw that need everyone to join in on there expos could enable it

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

04-18-2010 09:20 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Perseus

Thread Starter Thread Started by Perseus

quote:
Originally posted by necrol
thumbs down from me to much spam but it could be usefull in smaller clans maybe if you added it as an option so the guildmaster could enable/disable it then have a box that you could check when starting the expo

that way big clans where it would create loads of needless spam can disable it and small clansw that need everyone to join in on there expos could enable it

Thats a good idea Smile

I agree with everyone that it would create loads of needless messages but it could be usefull for lower clans

Perseus strikes critically with Legendary Perfect Magnum, Slomka takes 199 damage
04-18-2010 09:24 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
Robin887
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-947.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-18-2009
Clan: ShameleSS

RE: Expo Idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Perseus
Now please dont hate me for this its just an idea ;]

Heres my idea Smile

When you start a expedetion xxxhydra,golem.. the game could send the whole clan a message like this saying that you have started one:

XXX has started a xxx expedetion in the spidery casm or something else... and it could have a picture of the expo mob

Please give me your thumbs up or down Smile

spam, spam, spam. It the biggest - of this idea like people said. People joining one expo a day and they would have 10 or more spam msg about expos.

I will buy:
http://forum.bloodwars.net/thread.php?threadid=20790
04-18-2010 10:34 Robin887 is offline Search for Posts by Robin887 Add Robin887 to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

another idea would be to have it on the side bar like messages so when theres an expo on it shows (1) by it

example

Begin a quest
Expedition (3)
Tasks

that way you can see how many expos are running without actually having to check the expo page

04-18-2010 18:20 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Perseus

quote:
another idea would be to have it on the side bar like messages so when theres an expo on it shows (1) by it

example

Begin a quest
Expedition (3)
Tasks

that way you can see how many expos are running without actually having to check the expo page

wow... now thats a better idea than mine Wink

anyone else like necrols idea?

04-18-2010 18:23 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:

example

Begin a quest
Expedition (3)
Tasks

Hmm ok we can tweak this.. thats not a bad idea.

You could have a section in the settings.. where you either click "Accept" or "Not Accept"

If you do accept then you could get the messages and if you dont accept youl just not receive them even when people do send the messages.
04-18-2010 18:24 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Perseus

Sounds good thumbs up from me Smile

04-18-2010 18:25 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
Gat

images/avatars/avatar-696.gif

Registration Date: 11-23-2009
Clan: S.S.

about expos...
there s should be a minimum reward for low lvls that take part on expos which are higher than them. they still contribute as meat shield but get no xp.
the xps should be given by % of the dmg done / total dmg done, maybe with some penalty reduction for being too low (or too high). getting zero xp and losing the ability to participate in another expo for a whole day sux! At least, if u get 0 xp in a successful expo, you should get to participate in another one sooner than 1 day, maybe in half time.
Also, how about having the option of sending invites to currently online members (instead of waiting for if and when they ll see a running expo). Those who ll get the invite may have a warning like:
Begin a quest
Expedition (Phoenix y/n)
Tasks

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

04-20-2010 00:07 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by Gat
about expos...
there s should be a minimum reward for low lvls that take part on expos which are higher than them. they still contribute as meat shield but get no xp.
the xps should be given by % of the dmg done / total dmg done, maybe with some penalty reduction for being too low (or too high). getting zero xp and losing the ability to participate in another expo for a whole day sux! At least, if u get 0 xp in a successful expo, you should get to participate in another one sooner than 1 day, maybe in half time.
Also, how about having the option of sending invites to currently online members (instead of waiting for if and when they ll see a running expo). Those who ll get the invite may have a warning like:
Begin a quest
Expedition (Phoenix y/n)
Tasks

or as the rest of the thread says, leave things how they are and... PUT SOME EFFORT IN, SEND A FEW MESSAGES AND ORGANISE YOUR EXPO!!! ARGHHH

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

04-20-2010 00:25 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Hell no, just means having to click "Delete All" more often. There's enough nonsense sent around most clans imo without even more automated messages clogging up inboxes

04-20-2010 00:26 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Nerakai

images/avatars/avatar-668.jpeg

Registration Date: 01-27-2010
Clan: I-end-I

i like the minimum pop gain from expo's part Smile it is annoying when u take part in an expo that u only get t do once a day and you end up geting nothin out of it

I LOVE MY BRICK!

04-20-2010 00:38 Nerakai is offline Search for Posts by Nerakai Add Nerakai to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
Hell no, just means having to click "Delete All" more often. There's enough nonsense sent around most clans imo without even more automated messages clogging up inboxes

i dont think you got/read my idea there are no messages involved just a number by the expo tab saying how many there are currently running which in no way will clog up your inbox but it will make it easier for low level clans who accept everyone to there expos

04-20-2010 01:58 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.

i dont think you got/read my idea there are no messages involved just a number by the expo tab saying how many there are currently running which in no way will clog up your inbox but it will make it easier for low level clans who accept everyone to there expos

Apologies, I missed yours Smile

Gets my vote

04-22-2010 02:34 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Gat

images/avatars/avatar-696.gif

Registration Date: 11-23-2009
Clan: S.S.

quote:
Originally posted by smierc
quote:
Originally posted by Gat
about expos...
Begin a quest
Expedition (Phoenix y/n)
Tasks

or as the rest of the thread says, leave things how they are and... PUT SOME EFFORT IN, SEND A FEW MESSAGES AND ORGANISE YOUR EXPO!!! ARGHHH

i didn't mean the invite to be in your inbox, but rather as a warning sent only to the current online eligible players, which would appears next to their "expedition" button.

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

04-22-2010 10:12 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Gat
i didn't mean the invite to be in your inbox, but rather as a warning sent only to the current online eligible players, which would appears next to their "expedition" button.
Which goes back to the top of the thread where we spoke about spam Smile
How would you get rid of the number that would appear next to the ''expedition'' button?

For example in BoS, we don't even send clan messages about expos, everything is organized among the players themselves. This means that we have to put more effort into organizing expos, but none of us has (too much) spam in our inboxes.

04-22-2010 10:24 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

why would you need to get rid of the number? even if it is already organized if its on 3 whilst your organizing it when you next see it and its gone to 4 you know its probably the expo your meant to be joining

but if you really dont want the number there it could dissappear once youve joined an expo (ie cant join another)
or you could have a tickbox by the expo []mark this expo as seen
or maybe an option in settings

edit: oops dont think you meant that to me but theres a few options anyway

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by necrol: 04-22-2010 14:09.

04-22-2010 14:08 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Expo Idea

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH