Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Un-successful ambush » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Un-successful ambush
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Frown Un-successful ambush Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Posted this here, because it is not really a complaint; just an annoyance really.

Yesterday I had 9 out of 15 attacks fail; pretty much one after the other.
Today, so far, I have had 3 out 5.

I also had 5 fail against me - which is quite lucky, cos I would have been really hacked off if my attacks were failing and others weren't!

Now, I have not changed my equipment drastically, just a tweak or two - changed weapons etc - so I can't put it down to that.
The range of character points I was ambushing was mixed between 25 & 62 - so it can't be that either.
My reputation is of reasonable level; so I'm not sure if it is that.

Has this been happening to anyone else a lot?
Has anyone got an idea why this is happening?

Confused Mad

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-26-2008 13:34 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I cant comment becasue I don't do attacks, however I am 99.9% sure that the admins have not chhanged anything; otherwise it would be classed as a 'patch'.

03-26-2008 13:52 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Roostie

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Clan: CoS

RE: Un-successful ambush Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
The range of character points I was ambushing was mixed between 25 & 62 - so it can't be that either.
My reputation is of reasonable level; so I'm not sure if it is that.

Confused Mad

You could be attacking people with the same point but they might have higher perc compared to your usual targets. Therefore your chance of ambush will fall. Also did you reduce your Rep as a result of your little tweaks. If so this could be it.

03-26-2008 14:32 Roostie is offline Search for Posts by Roostie Add Roostie to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: S.H

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've had that problem. No matter who i ambush almost all of them is 30% chance to attack and about 8/10 attakcs fail

8/10 doesnt equal 30% !??!?!!?

03-26-2008 17:44 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Try to ambush me. If you'll have 30% then something's really fishy about it...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-26-2008 17:46 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: S.H

I have to wait 18 minutes before i can ¬¬

But seriously lately the chance of successful ambush have been quite low. Maybe it's something like the topic "where has all the blood gone?"

03-26-2008 17:50 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
tr3at5

Registration Date: 09-11-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
Try to ambush me. If you'll have 30% then something's really fishy about it...

I have same thing 9 out of 12 unsuccesful but it is ok because my attacks on people i obviously cannot win against go through i.e evangelion (sarcasm over)
03-26-2008 18:19 tr3at5 is offline Search for Posts by tr3at5 Add tr3at5 to your Buddy List
Bezetta
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 12-05-2007
Clan: D.B.

This might be a silly question, but what are your chances for successful ambushes like?
03-26-2008 18:27 Bezetta is offline Search for Posts by Bezetta Add Bezetta to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Mine arent bad at all, except for other shooters.

But saying that I have 64 reputation with my combat equip?

Also I know if youre taking on shooters, its almost impossible for a successful ambush unless youre reputation is equally high.

I have 84 perc in ambush and everytime i log on, only 1 or 2 out of 8 or 9 ambushes against me were successful

03-26-2008 19:00 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Cthulhu
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu

quote:
This might be a silly question, but what are your chances for successful ambushes like?

ok:
Chance of successful ambush 90,00 % - this one worked
Chance of successful ambush 30,00 % - this failed
Chance of successful ambush 79,50 % - this one worked
Chance of successful ambush 48,80 % - this failed

So, it seems fairly random.... running total today 6 fails out of 11 attacks - and I put on some more reputation jewellery after my post this morning to try & increase the successes.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-26-2008 19:13 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Chances are in accordance with success and fails though, so nothing wrong there.

You just need to increase your rep and find oppenents with lower perception

03-26-2008 19:16 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Bezetta
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 12-05-2007
Clan: D.B.

your four examples seem quite fair, you we're successful in the higher chances and failed the lower ones. That seems reasonable.
03-26-2008 19:20 Bezetta is offline Search for Posts by Bezetta Add Bezetta to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu

True...

3 more attacks - 2 more fails.

The last one: Chance of successful ambush 59,50 % - against a player 15 pts below me?

EDIT - just had one fail - Chance of successful ambush 90,00 % - Confused

I'm not trying to start a debate about there being something wrong with the system; I was just wondering if anyone else has this sort of success (or un-success) rate on a regular basis; because it only seems to have started happening to me in the last week or so; prior to that on average I was successful 80 - 90% of the time with my attacks regardless of level, perception, or reputation differences.

Ho-hum, nevermind. Perseverance is the nature of this game. Evil

Thanks for your input y'all.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 03-26-2008 23:06.

03-26-2008 20:48 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Clan: BoS

dude's just one thing chance for successful ambush depends on your reputation in contrast to the perception of the other player. so if you have only 30% chance for a successful ambush your reputation is too low, or their perception too high.

there should be nothing wrong with the system as far as i see it

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
03-27-2008 12:21 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

If you want to go ambushing, it's all about the reputation. I've taken to using a crown just for the rep boost. You should also think about a cape and some of the better short suffixes boost rep as well as agility.

When it comes to jewelry you should be looking to fit a chain and signets in where you can. You can buy them from the shop instead of wasting your time and effort in the auctions although you'll still have to throw some bloodstones at them to be useful.

Note: Signets don't improve at +5 so don't bother going past +4.

They are a bare minimum purchase while you work on a better set of jewelry. Something like a Bracelet of Werewolf may look flash, but if you can't use it on the attack then you're better off with the +5 reputation from a Signet+4, you still get health from the bodyguard agency boost anyway (Rep x Level of Bodyguard agency = health boost).

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
03-27-2008 16:35 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Un-successful ambush

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH