Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Expedition Mobs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Expedition Mobs 5 Votes - Average Rating: 9.205 Votes - Average Rating: 9.205 Votes - Average Rating: 9.205 Votes - Average Rating: 9.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

But if it wasn't for these crazy attacks when the Phoenix is on its last legs, I do think they would be too easy. I agree that four fireballs in one round is too much though. An expedition monster should not be allowed to do twice as many special attacks in one round. That's plain silly. We don't get to randomly deal an extra round of attacks with our weapons after all...

03-15-2008 03:10 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

# Phoenix performs a special attack Fireball, Evil-Eoin takes 284 damage.
# Phoenix performs a special attack Fireball, Evil-Eoin takes 197 damage.
# Evil-Eoin ends non-life on the battlefield.
# Phoenix performs a special attack Soundwave, Evangelion dodges the strike.
# Phoenix performs a special attack Soundwave, Ermantil (*) takes 99 damage.
# Phoenix performs a special attack Soundwave, xTAZx takes 102 damage.
# Phoenix performs a special attack Soundwave, Evangelion dodges the strike.
# Phoenix performs a special attack Soundwave, Ermantil (*) takes 87 damage.
# Phoenix performs a special attack Soundwave, Ermantil (*) dodges the strike.
# Phoenix performs a special attack Soundwave, Ermantil (*) takes 100 damage.
# Phoenix performs a special attack Soundwave, Ermantil (*) takes 83 damage.
# Phoenix attacks with beak, xTAZx takes 170 damage.
# Phoenix attacks with beak, Evangelion dodges the strike.

It speaks for itself.
Ok then, I'll try my best again tomorrow and we will see.

03-15-2008 04:15 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gendibal

quote:
Originally posted by kralen
Obviously it has happened to you a few times in some cases which sucks, but not in every expo does it happen.

Szeszej was given the figures that I had about frequency, and it came to more than a few.

in fact it came to 32 fails out of 35 expos (that includes both expos started and expos participated in), and that was only from the point where I actually started counting.

The 3 successes were a small white dragon, a very small black dragon and a phoenix.

And arguably it could be reduced to 27 out of 30 because of the run of 5 golem/red dragons in the middle of the fails ..... but even at 3 successes in 30, that is a little ridiculous, especially considering some of the expo parties that were wiped out in the space of 1-2 rounds with special attacks.

03-15-2008 04:15 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Bliitz

Registration Date: 02-05-2008

okay now post all your failed ones.
03-15-2008 11:51 Bliitz is offline Search for Posts by Bliitz Add Bliitz to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

Yeah, that goes way beyond bad luck alright Gendibal. I think the double special attacks are the real problem and that's what is wiping entire parties out. The devs should think about limiting Phoenix to two fireballs per round, because four is just overkill.

Bliitz, I don't have any failed ones saved to post for you, but I can recount if that helps. I think we showed something like eight successes. I've been the lucky git that has started most of those because Zenfalcon and Kralen keep getting the "wrong" monster. We've had three Red Drakes and one Golem in the past week, all failed. I think we were beaten by two or three Phoenixes in that time as well. So overall, maybe a 50/50 success to fails ratio. Something that keeps you quite content. If I was Gendibal or Diablo, I'd be pulling my hair out for sure though...

03-15-2008 13:21 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
diablo

I hink I'll keep my hair where it is and patiently wait for my stroke of luck. One phoenix in a few hours and next one tomorrow. I'll let you know guys.

03-15-2008 19:32 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

Yes, please do and good luck - you're due a bit of it! Smile

03-15-2008 23:34 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
diablo

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=e99597afa6
My bad, I went out and Caprio took my disposable.
Next one tomorrow.

03-16-2008 03:38 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

Big Phoenix anyway. Unlucky though. The sword works so much better than the sniper. You should try and get something like Murderous for the agility and crit boost. Can you fit a fourth person with 100+ agility at all? Could make all the difference too...

03-17-2008 18:21 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=d65b0d06e5

Going by the logic that has been put forward by the devs/admins so far, the Red Dragon is a gunnery weak creature, so a player stripping most of its hp using melee must mean that it needs powering up on all servers (regardless of whether or not players on other servers have actually reached this stage yet)

03-26-2008 11:45 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

I'd say that he's both bunnery and melee weak, but with an attack that one-shots one player Smile

03-26-2008 15:36 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Clan: S.H

I think with that last one the special couldn't have help either.

No one on the game can get above 1000 hp without building bonuses, so if the dragon decides to spontaniously use 4 firebreathes in one round, everyones going to be dead just like that.

03-26-2008 18:20 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Gendibal
Viking

I've never seen a red Drag use multiple specials in a round, its the Phoenix' that uses the ridiculous multiple specials

*EDIT http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=5646579&key=78af2d1c06

What a surprise ...... NOT ..... the very next Phoenix does 3 consecutive rounds consisting of 4 specials. Interesting to note how the fireball only did half as much damage to the defence 51 member (150 - 180 approx) as it did to the defence 171 member (320 - 340).

So that brings the total to 34 failures out of 37 attempts ........ bad luck? I think not.

// Corrected the url - Evan.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-28-2008 15:36.

03-26-2008 18:29 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: .DB.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
I'd say that he's both bunnery and melee weak, but with an attack that one-shots one player Smile

whats bunnery ???
so if we attack with buns he is weak ???
what if i stick a bun on the end of my melee weapon, would i own then Tongue
anyone got buns to auction ??? i buy SS minimum Tongue

03-28-2008 15:31 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
GrimTale
Double Ace

Sounds like some kinda ???

This game going to turn into an online ??? game or something?

Who want's to buy a frickin pikachu? going for 1 heartstone ^^

03-28-2008 17:26 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Sorry, I believe that you aren't allowed to advertise other games on this forum/website. I know it is stupid, but I will have to remove those game names'.

PS. That was hilarious Tongue Tongue I'll buy it start price 7 BS (wish that I had 7 BS Tongue )

PPS. Bunnery is a typo of 'Gunnery' Tongue Tongue Lol

03-28-2008 19:28 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
GrimTale
Double Ace

...How is saying the NAME of a game in my post advertising it? Especially seeing as it's a TV show first.

...and on that note...there isnt any pokemon online game that i know of
so unless i'm advertising nothing, then i'm very confused.

Should be able to buy some kinda little monster pet though. Be a great adition to the game.

03-28-2008 20:36 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

Google is powerful so even saying only the name is advertising Big Grin

And a little pet would be a good idea. It would gain experience with every ambush and have special attacks like the expedition mobs Smile

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-28-2008 20:53 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Gendibal
Viking

If we're going to have pets, I'll have a Phoenix ........ that'll be an almost automatic win in every siege

03-28-2008 20:57 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Gendibal Tongue

Pets would be cool, but what animals would vampires keep do you think?

I reckon some sort of dog?

Perhaps if they had their own arcana, there would be 4 different breeds:

Doberman=Beastmaster

Bloodhound=Absorber

Poodle=Cultist

Jack Russel=Thoughtcatcher Tongue

03-28-2008 21:04 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

hmm i agree but ud have to have some kind of bat as well.
artoir do u have something against cultists?? wats a poodle got to do with vampires??

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bobalob57: 03-28-2008 22:29.

03-28-2008 22:28 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: Source

well, pets might be very helpfull in expos Big Grin

Labrador CLOSE

Pet

Damage: 20-30

Effects: hit of all weapons +2, ignores 20% of opponents defence, Lure (draws enemies fire for first round of combat)

Requirements: LEVEL: 10, STRENGTH: 10

Selling price: 3 825 Lgo
Value: N/A
03-28-2008 22:36 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

quote:
Originally posted by GrimTale
...How is saying the NAME of a game in my post advertising it? Especially seeing as it's a TV show first.

...and on that note...there isnt any pokemon online game that i know of
so unless i'm advertising nothing, then i'm very confused.

Should be able to buy some kinda little monster pet though. Be a great adition to the game.

1. I don't know what year you live in, but in my era there are ??? games for the DS and Gameboy.

2. I do not believe that there is an online game, but as stated in 1, there are other games...

03-28-2008 22:38 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Evangelion
The warning machine

Well scillage, since it's not an online game then we could leave them uncensored. Just look at this thread, it's full of offline games Smile

Ok, end of offtopic.

I think pets shouldn't be like items but like a small help in ambushes (they wouldn't work in sieges), an additional pair of attacks Smile

03-28-2008 22:45 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
GrimTale
Double Ace

Yeah but how much would they cost? I'd say about 3000 lgo a pop would be ok

[and scillage i know it is a game but almost everything on tv is a game nowadays]

AND I WOULDN'T WANT A POODLE!?!?!
I like dalmations though ^^

03-29-2008 11:16 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Evangelion
The warning machine

They should be expensive, like 10000 pop, 3000 poh and 10000 blood Smile

03-29-2008 11:18 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
GrimTale
Double Ace

If i had to give up 10,000 POP, i'd expect to keep it forever then. 10,000 POP is a long time to save up

03-29-2008 16:36 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

about 6-7 days Smile considering you have successful expeditions

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
03-29-2008 16:55 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

that's a big 'considering' at the moment

03-29-2008 17:11 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

haha well seeing as the threads about expedition mods being out of whack, it's safe to say that the expos wouldn't succeed and would therefore take alot longer to get 10,000 POP

03-29-2008 22:51 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
GodLike

Registration Date: 03-10-2008
Clan: L.O.D

Doberman=Beastmaster

Bloodhound=Absorber

Poodle=Cultist

Jack Russel=Thoughtcatcher

no way lol powerful hounds or lions ECT

Doberman=beastmaser

bloodhound=Absorber

something like a jungle animal for a cultist=lion/tiger

white tiger/silver back ape Smile

L.O.D
03-30-2008 00:25 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
Gendibal
Viking

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=f9f46b07b5

Yet another straight failure .... 35 out of 38

03-30-2008 02:07 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

With two people doing 0 dmg

03-30-2008 02:33 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

hmmmm, 2 people doing 0 damage, that equals the amount of people taken out in 1 round by special attacks there.

And I notice these comments only come out when theres a clear 'reason', what happened to the explanations when we were showing 4 specials in 2 rounds? just a quick comment of 'bad luck, maybe it'll be different next time' ............ these sorts of figures are not purely bad luck, the quality of some of the decimated teams shows that. Someone, somewhere either isn't quite telling the truth, or is stretching the literal meaning of what they are saying about these mobs.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-30-2008 02:39.

03-30-2008 02:36 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

you still cant expect to win with only two people dealing damage. a small phoenix has around 3500 and you and zen covered that after 6 rounds. you need an extra hitter i think for most DE expos

Necro knows me as Gjallar
03-30-2008 02:39 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

we've had parties of 4 hitters decimated by 4 specials in 2 rounds before, it doesn't matter how many quality hitters we have, the special attacks wipe out every possible permutation almost every time.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-30-2008 02:41.

03-30-2008 02:40 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Well, If you had more hitters on THIS expedition you'd win it, I'm almost sure. Taking less hitters cause they MAY be killed by special attacks isn't very reasonable I think.

03-30-2008 02:46 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

iv had three specials in one round but managed to win somehow, everytime i have faced a phoenix over the past month i have come away with a win and thats with either three or four hitters. i say close to 20 expos aswel.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=186c603140

has it always been four specials in your expos?

Necro knows me as Gjallar
03-30-2008 02:47 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Would we? Or would the special attacks have started earlier (at the earliest possible opportunity as usual). The expo would have just been over faster with (going from the rate indicated by previous attempts) around a 1 in 13 chance of the players winning, so you're probably wrong there Szeszej.

Not always 4, sometimes the party go down too fast to see what else would have come out in the round ..... but in most of the phoenix it has been 3-4 specials over 2 rounds, yes.

now 35 out of 39, still not a phoenix kill tho.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=9855a2d84f

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-30-2008 05:04.

03-30-2008 02:53 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
diablo

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=1ad8d6f766
Now try to explain to me that we needed more hitters or i don't know what. Special attack started in 3rd round. It is pissing me off. Big time.

04-02-2008 16:37 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Expedition Mobs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH