Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » HELP! I need a veteran player plz. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page HELP! I need a veteran player plz. 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
honorus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-30-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

@james yh but i dont see that being possible at a lower lvl do you? i mean i recently hit 50 points and i still cant get my agility much over 100/110 and even if i were to take down pheonixes with my agility im too low a lvl to benefit from the optimum xp Wink

07-08-2008 14:15 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

@hon: i am not talking about now i am talking about later, it will be impossible for a player of your level to take one down anyway unless you got lucky, but it will be quicker and easier in my opinion and experience for the zerker way.
07-08-2008 14:20 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Badger

@james Only metioning one thing, BK get a tattoo that gives +75 hit chance, that's 25 agility, that quite abit, so even with lower agility, her hit chance would make up for it. Also, not that many people get that lucky with expos, and adding the exp from attacks and quests, so yeah, 26 points in 1 week, most players (except people WAY up high) are just dreaming of that much.

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 07-08-2008 17:25.

07-08-2008 17:20 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Clan: The Source

hey my brother is a level 34 black knight and this is his setup:
i would recommend copying it(i 100% recommend a murderous mace) until you get to high levels as he destroys pretty much all of the people who are 50 points or lower(he's 25 points) he also has level 1 heart of darkness(+12 to hit),power of faith level 2(+10% chance for critical hit)

Good Hard hat of Adrenaline

Field Jacket (+4)

Tie of Strength (+4)

Golden Signet (+3)

Signet of Strength (+5)

Shorts of Scout (+5)

Good Murderous Mace (+1)

this is his most recent attack:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=2ad435cef9

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
07-08-2008 18:00 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
PureDoom01
Lord

my bro just sent me this it's a much better example

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=70163e53ce

07-08-2008 21:21 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
kraftie
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-18-2007

quote:
Originally posted by icecold
u got a prob with most of that stuff as u need high defence. u will have to scrub the elvish shorts and go for strengthend or something that increases defence.

Why is that?

Good Elvish Shorts of Rogue (+2)
Pants
Defence: 27
Effects: AGILITY +25, defence +17, REPUTATION +13
Requirements: LEVEL: 47, STRENGTH: 53, AGILITY: 18
Selling price: 33 450 Lgo
Value: Nanites 381, Mana 1038

There are a few about and I know someone with both the pieces to merge them when you get the stones I'll point you to him Wink

quote:
I'd go for a shirt instead of a vest of deathsower so u can keep some rep and appearance as well.

Shirt gives no rep or appearence.
And I'd say strengthend tuxedo of deathsower or
Light vest of Orchid - This because Light decreases stats therefore making him able to use it on higher levels whilst giving him agility and Orchid provides additional defence

quote:
also what r u showing him stuff that he will have a really hard time even using never mind finding or getting at such an early lvl in the game. b realistic when giving advice

He is showing him items that will make him the best, whether he shows them to him now or later at some point he will desire these items. If you didnt have a dream kit you'll be confused buying pointless items for no reason!

quote:

But I agree also that BK is good to, coz you also get more crits but less damage
and also cheap too

Not really they both have 30% if you look properly
And yes ZiZu it does take planning, patience and time to be a successful at the Assassin path and you read my mind I was planning to merge a Godd light thunderfist of Hitting, Who ever said BK is better is wrong all tattoes are the same they have different traits, I can beat BK, Snipers, Monks other Assassins etc all higher than me, dont think Ive faced a 'Zerker' but that doesnt make Assassins the best tattoo you have to have many sets to adapt to your opponents. Also BK's planning to take on the pheonix might need a agility set -
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=9070651&key=ea2605ced8

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by kraftie: 07-10-2008 14:20.

07-10-2008 13:34 kraftie is offline Search for Posts by kraftie Add kraftie to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: boot camp

black knight items rarely pope up so use the forums sellers/ buyers list
but they are general cheap then they do
some thing of rogue general goes for a bit less as most tattoos have a max defence
07-10-2008 17:39 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

the main problem with BK i think is the defense and agility and rep and strength all needed. it is more work than needed in my opinion. and yes DJ they do get extra agility from the BK tat but most 2-handed melee weapons are -hit. i do remember seeing one item that had + but can't remember. the thing i love about zerker tat is the flexibility of one handed and 2 handed melee and how quicker you can get the extra attack, i have never seen a very successful BK apart from a few. but i have seen loads of zerkers who are extremly successful.

dowm below in the ranks players who are BK's are usually ok but when you get higher in the ranks it becomes alot more harder to get the defense and agility and rep and all the other stuff needed in one.

i spose i am more of a simple person to get as high in the ranks as possible then formulate stratergies to fend of my enemies. with BK tat good luck advancing.

My leader lysandra hits hard with her scythe but is struggling to get her tats past level 2 with out being underthreat. she would be more successful and less hard work with the zerker tatoo and i know this is true coz of how the ranks show and experience.

choose which ever path you wish but i am only showing you which is easier. and DJ you say that they get 25 agility LOL no they do not, how can you expect a BK to get there tatoo to level 5, they would have to be extremly online for a very long time.
07-10-2008 19:09 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

Only got two things to really say...

@kraftie: Light prefix lowering requirements ONLY works on weapons, on anything else it raises it like any other affix.

@james: You know i meant equlivant to 25 agility, and anyway, your saying it'd be hard to max a tattoo that only need 15 points worth of POP on it, when you maxed your last tattoo, from which i calculated, costs about 66 points worth of POP, give or take, so really, it'd be easy to max the tattoo, the only problem (which i'm also having) is keeping your stats high WHILE holding up the tattoo. Aaaand i did forget about 2h melee lowering some hit chance, but overall, it STILL gives a little bit of hit chance... i guess about 30-50 hit chance.

I can't really recommend a set, personally i'd just say go with your heart... of that sounds dumb, just go with whatever you like the sounds of more, don't go for one just because "the strongest player has it, so i'll use it" or something dumb like that, so what if the strongest player has it, you might not be able to hold up the tattoo, so either go for something that you like the sound of, one that has weapons you love (i did that one) or... just use everyones advise to come to a conclusion, but try and ignore the "this tattoo is the best out of them" statements, because they are PERSONAL opinions.

P.S The reason i said the not being able to hold up the tattoo, mainly because there are a couple of people, who use the forum AND don't, that i think would NEVER be able to go hunter, hold the tat up, AND keep decent stats all at the same time. Even i'm struggling, but since it's a tat i love, and a weapon i love, i haven't regretted it. Also, this is a bonus comment, barely relates to the berserker/BK, but relates to tattoos.

First time i'm leaving it normal, because it's long, and hard to read in pink.

I'm backety back back

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 07-10-2008 23:51.

07-10-2008 23:50 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

im a BK myself and i have fairly nice stats for my level as for the tattoo requirements i have no trouble with the shorts or helmet defence just the chest but im also not high enough to wear platemail yet so hopefully when i am this will all change and ill be able to save up for my 3rd level double strike tattoo mixed with a mace at good +1 this has the chance to do 1500 damage a round ( provided you get all crits i also plan to get a (something defensive) platemail of speed which will give me another attack per round amounting up to 4 attacks a round with a high crit chance so say goodbye to your brains all those people who went assassin

p.s. necrol hits you with wall of text you ignore him =(

edit: i also realise that my goal is a long way off before people say that

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by necrol: 07-11-2008 00:54.

07-11-2008 00:53 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Indeed.

I may suggest that early on a VERY nice weapon is Light two handed sword. It lowers requirements, but therefore makes it so much easier to get that extra precious attack

Your imperfection.
07-11-2008 01:29 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

Well from what you said, sounds like you've already planned out your future XD and i meant as when the tattoo is maxed, the 70 shirt defense (i think) is gonna be a problem for most people, unless they have FULLY planned everything out. And that's actually one thing i can't wait for, for all the assassins to get smacked, god dammit it annoys me because there's so many, same with sniper, so tell me when you do that, and i'll join your raid XD

You know the requirements for suffixed platemail of speed is gonna be massive, and i mean RIDICULOUSLY massive? And i'm struggling at keeping my defense and stats decent for myself, and i only need 3/9/3... maybe it's because i used ranged...

P.S Your wall of text has be acknowledged XD

I'm backety back back
07-11-2008 01:33 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

I think that's it. As long as you plan your path carefully then you can really kick the hell out of the tattoo set and make the most of it.

My advice is gonna sound strange now, but this is what I am doing with Gunner tattoos (I decided i hated being sniper, and it's sooo mush cooler, I keep slaughtering shotgunners) anyway, avoid the exp tattoo for ages, simply ignore it. It'll save so many points. When you are comfortable in being BK then get the final tatoo

Your imperfection.
07-11-2008 01:44 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
kraftie
Double Ace

quote:

@kraftie: Light prefix lowering requirements ONLY works on weapons, on anything else it raises it like any other affix.

Light Cape (+5)
Armour
Defence: 1
Effects: REPUTATION +10, AGILITY +14, TOUGHNESS +10, chance for critical hit +6 %, defence -1
Requirements: LEVEL: 35, STRENGTH: 12, AGILITY: 19

Flexible Cape (+5)
Armour
Defence: -3
Effects: REPUTATION +10, AGILITY +16, TOUGHNESS +10, chance for critical hit +8 %, defence -5
Requirements: LEVEL: 39, STRENGTH: 11, AGILITY: 19
Selling price: 22 250 Lgo
Value: Nanites 151, Mana 457

Elvish Cape (+5)
Armour
Defence: -3
Effects: REPUTATION +10, AGILITY +21, TOUGHNESS +10, chance for critical hit +12 %, defence -5
Requirements: LEVEL: 39, STRENGTH: 10, AGILITY: 19
Selling price: 69 400 Lgo
Value: Nanites 196, Mana 559

So yeah theres a difference in level requirements which means he'll be able to use light at a higher level...
07-11-2008 01:49 kraftie is offline Search for Posts by kraftie Add kraftie to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

nemazis: You know the requirements for suffixed platemail of speed is gonna be massive, and i mean RIDICULOUSLY massive?

yeh i did say it was a long way off =P

so does my murderous mace of bloodsucker when i eventually find one or get the items to merge it

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

07-11-2008 01:49 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
kraftie
Double Ace

Well the second attack is but if you have vest of speed at a high level it should be ok for the requirements. Obviously BK's need Pre/Suffixed items
07-11-2008 01:59 kraftie is offline Search for Posts by kraftie Add kraftie to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

a platemail of speed? that sounds good but i would much say that agility would be screwed there, maybe a elvish vest of speed haha jkin. i am not sure how you can ever max out the tatoo of a BK nemz, you say it costs little aount of POP but not one player on the game has a level 4 BK tat so they are way off. anyways as for taking out the assassins i am in too Smile i am a sniperman myself and a pretty good one at that Smile and nemz AKA deathjam your gonna love this Smile
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=09fc8261ac

not bad for a sniperman defending against a ranger Smile

anyways cba to say anything else, good luck with what your path you take, i only offered my advice Smile
07-11-2008 11:05 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
PureDoom01
Lord

seriously has no one on this serve got a level 4 bk tatto? wow i'd of thought they would i'm only level 35 and have level 2 heart of darkness and level 2 power of faith

07-11-2008 18:01 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
jamess36362
Viking

it is easy for them to get level 5 but they would not be a success coz they would not have the right amount of agility and other stuff, all their items would be to do with defense. most BK's are at level 2 and a few have level 3. when they get to level 4 then you will see the true strength of a BK if they do it successfully, like having 125+ agility, 60+ strength, and descent rep and to go with it.
07-11-2008 18:05 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
PureDoom01
Lord

atm i have 56 strength,78 agility and those 2 tattoes i said once i upgrade my good hard hat of adrenaline to (+3)(on +2 atm) i'll have the helmet req,i already have the chest armour(field jacket) and i also use shorts of scouts(+5) once i get a lifestone and get them to good i'll have the shorts def

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=f087b2adf1

07-11-2008 18:15 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
Nemazis
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by kraftie
Light vest of Orchid - This because Light decreases stats therefore making him able to use it on higher levels whilst giving him agility and Orchid provides additional defence

@Krafite: This is what i meant by my reply, i didn't mean that it's requirements aren't lower, just that it raises requirements for armour by... well, however much than usual.

@tiger: Lol, anything elvish, like usual XD Anyway, it would cost little POP, but i didn't exactly say it'd be easy to hold up, i think i said it wouldn't be easy to hold up... gah, i don't know, nor can i be asked to find out. Aaaaaand that attack was luck, i woulda won if i didn't miss THAT many attack, and as i PM'ed you, you only dodges strikes because of your ridiculous perc and that elvish cape. And yeah snipers are good, but i still can beat most.

So your internalranger? But i'm sure in the ranged weapon thread you asked for basic comp bow of reaction stats? And tiger, you still sending out clan messages asking to join expos? XD

I'm backety back back
07-11-2008 22:11 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

i only give my advice Smile
and everyone in our clan does it, it is normal to ask for expos and i have not done it for lik ever. i am always invited to expos now. but that is off topic, anyways you say you lost because of my high perception and elvish cape, well if you are a good ranger you would find a way around it.
07-11-2008 23:27 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

Should be last off topic post, and anyway, DARK still does it alot, and you used to do it quite alot aswell, and i have NEVER done it. And i am finding a way around it, hunter's vest will give me more perc and knowledge, allowing me to also hold up my max tattoo AND have more knowledge to upgrade my comp bow even higher, so it's already been found, just assuming i can get the vest...

It might be normal to ask the clan if they can add you to an expo, but it is DAMN annoying.

I'm backety back back
07-12-2008 00:18 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Clan: TDK

the problem of composite bow of reaction is not knowledge, it is strength, so don't have your hope too high (I lack one point to wear it without hunter's armour but only rings, but I can't get the strength right at the same time)

maybe titanium ring of wisdom * 2 would do the trick (and then instead of hunter armour, you use elvish armour and get even more criticals, qhich compensate for upgrading).
07-12-2008 07:07 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
seanb126

Registration Date: 08-09-2008

Cool RE: HELP! I need a veteran player plz. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i will be ya veteran player
10-04-2008 15:19 seanb126 is offline Search for Posts by seanb126 Add seanb126 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for seanb126
Nemazis
Lord

Uhm... dude, necroposting? That was a useless post, and by the way, words of advise, DOESN'T add to your post count.

Next time, either post with some new info, or actually help, they wasn't asking for a veteran player to come to the board.

I'm backety back back
10-04-2008 16:18 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » HELP! I need a veteran player plz.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH