Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » clarification re: chance to hit » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page clarification re: chance to hit
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

clarification re: chance to hit Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok guys im currently working on something and i need some clarification before i complete it so here is my question re:attack percentage

attacker:agi 200 -12hit
defender:agi 190 +8 hit

now is chance to hit worked out like this

(200*3+70-12)-(190*3)=88% attackers percentage chance to hit per attack
(190*3+70+8 )-(200*3)=48% defenders percentage chance to hit per attack

working out
200*3=600 (1agi=3hit)
+70=670 (70 is base % if agi were identical)
-12=658 (- to hit of weapon)
658-(190*3)=88 (190*3 is opponents converted agi)

if this is wrong can people correct me and if its correct can people plz let me know the answers to the following questions

1)when bonuses ie ledgendary weapons are added do they multiply the whole sum of the hit after all workings so in this equation attackers would be times 658?

2)how and where would luck factor in?

thanks for your replys in advance

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 09-17-2009 10:37.

09-17-2009 10:36 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Badger

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think it was stated in a previous thread when legendary weapons came out, that it's added to the OVERALL bonus, so it's doing all that stuff you did, THEN add the legendary bonus (in this case, i'd assume it'd be 2h melees 25% extra hit since 1h don't give hit chance)

Unfortunately, i don't know where luck would factor in. I assume it's a seperate factor because of what it says on the tutorial.

http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?title=Luck (read number 7)

So my guess is that after getting the 88% chance to hit, and assuming you have 10 luck, in the end person A would have 90% chance to hit, and person B would have 46% chance to hit, regardless of previous agility/hit chance/legendary bonus.

Although, this IS assumption, except the first bit, that i DO remember.

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
09-17-2009 11:18 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

RE: clarification re: chance to hit Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Agresiel
1)when bonuses ie ledgendary weapons are added do they multiply the whole sum of the hit after all workings so in this equation attackers would be times 658?

If you use for example legendary 2h weapon, here's where it will be:
(200*3+70-12)*125%-(190*3)=...
quote:
Originally posted by Agresiel
2)how and where would luck factor in?

thanks for your replys in advance
it's just as it's written in tutorial, the difference in luck changes only the minimum and maximum limits of chance to hit (normally the lowset chance to hit you can have is 10%, and the highest chance to hit you can reach is 90%, the difference in luck can change these)

quote:
IGN: Atomos

09-18-2009 02:30 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Agresiel
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thank you guys for your help,seems its as i thought, cept for luck im still unsure about how it effects attacks exactly Frown
cheers diablo for the pm

once the project is fully complete i will let you all know,

09-18-2009 09:01 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

Ok, i used this formula for someones attack that they sent to the clan, and i think either i went wrong somewhere, or it's somewhat wrong... i don't know

It COULD be right, but i don't have a clue

Anyway, just for the sake of it, person A: 106 agility, legendary g+1 broad mace, lv 3 heart of darkness
Person B: 150 agility, 1h melee, give combined +42 hit chance

Person As chance to hit = (106*3+70+37)*1.25-(150*3)= 81.25%
Person Bs chance to hit = (150*3+70+42)-(106*3)=244% rounded down to 90% (or whatever the lowest hit chance is)

Now i'm sure person A is right, person B looks a little crazy XD

I'm backety back back
09-18-2009 11:32 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

quote:
Originally posted by Nemazis
Ok, i used this formula for someones attack that they sent to the clan, and i think either i went wrong somewhere, or it's somewhat wrong... i don't know

It COULD be right, but i don't have a clue

Anyway, just for the sake of it, person A: 106 agility, legendary g+1 broad mace, lv 3 heart of darkness
Person B: 150 agility, 1h melee, give combined +42 hit chance

Person As chance to hit = (106*3+70+37)*1.25-(150*3)= 81.25%
Person Bs chance to hit = (150*3+70+42)-(106*3)=244% rounded down to 90% (or whatever the lowest hit chance is)

Now i'm sure person A is right, person B looks a little crazy XD

hmm, about person A chance to hit: g+1 broad mace gives -14 chance to hit, 3rd level of heart of darkness gives +48, the overall chance to hit would be a bit lower, but the formula is correct

about person B chance to hit: you don't combine bonus chance to hit from each meele weapon, these bonuses are seperate for each weapon Wink

quote:
IGN: Atomos

09-18-2009 13:00 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

i usually convert to hit into agi so if 2 people both have 100 agi for ease but person a has 60 to hit and person b has 0

person a 60/3 = 20 so person a can hit 120 agi opponents at 70% (if thats the base)
person a with legendary 120 * 1.25 = 150 so he can hit 150 agi at 70%

person b can only hit 100 agi at 70% or 125 agi with legendary

so if neither have legendary person a will have max chance to hit (90%)
and person b will have 70% base chance

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

09-18-2009 17:33 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Undivisible
hmm, about person A chance to hit: g+1 broad mace gives -14 chance to hit, 3rd level of heart of darkness gives +48, the overall chance to hit would be a bit lower, but the formula is correct

about person B chance to hit: you don't combine bonus chance to hit from each meele weapon, these bonuses are seperate for each weapon Wink

Ah, ok then, that answers person Bs one then, i'm still pretty sure that it'd be around 200% even if i took some of the hit chance away.

And for person A, they was wearing a g+something hard hat, gave +3 hit chance, t'is why it was 37 hit chance and not 34

I'm backety back back

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 09-18-2009 18:02.

09-18-2009 18:02 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » clarification re: chance to hit

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH