Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Fight Arena » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fight Arena 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Lamp Fight Arena Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sorry in advance if there has been a thread like this created already. im pritty sure there hasnt... and so is the seach.

I was pondering about that old PoH siege type thing that was surposed to be apart of 1.1... but of course in the bloodwars tradition it was too good to be true Tongue

While pondering about it and killing zombies on CoD an idea hit me;

The fight arena, were 1-5(more/less) players can fight for PoH/PoP/Items put foward by players fighting.

You have a waiting area were you wait for players, you can host a game or join. you would get a screen much like an expedition page were you can accept or decline players.

When you click yo join you have 3 box's which you can tick;
1) PoH - An enter amount screen, min and max would have to be set to stop cheating.
2) PoP - same as above
3) Items - you get a screen like the one in well of souls when upgradeing items, you select 1 item that you wish to put foward as loot to be won
(i think some new mods would have to be made to police this)

Once you have your team and an oponent you press start and you get a counter.
I think an hour should be more than enough, 45 mins with shortening.

I think it would be a good idea to have set "leagues" for total points, again to stop cheating;
5-50
51 - 150
151 - 300
301 - 500
501 - 800
801 - 1000
1001 - 1500
1501 - 2000
2001 - 3000
3000 - 4000
and so on....

Couple other things on the side that i think would be a good idea to add;
- Anybody can join a team, it is not restricted to clans Vs clans. that would be boreing.
- You can only be in the same team as someone else once per day.
- Stones as reward is not a good idea i think.
- There should be a leader bored for who has the most wins/loses.
- Combat rounds should be unlimited, it is an arena after all.
- You should gain experiance for entering, more for your team wining, even more if you dont die.
- There should be tornements between servers every year. NOT underworld Vs nerco as this would be highly unfair to necro as items there stink.
- There should be a cap on how many times you can do this per day, 4 times is a good amount i think..

Let me know what you think, please feel free to put foward your own twists on this idea. Smile

I have put a tremdous amount of thought into this, i know normally my ideas are like mega.... ummmm, single track minded? obvious? arguement starting? but i dont think this is...

09-30-2009 04:29 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

RE: Fight Arena Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Knightroad
3) Items - you get a screen like the one in well of souls when upgradeing items, you select 1 item that you wish to put foward as loot to be won
(i think some new mods would have to be made to police this)
I don't like this one. It can be used to override auctions.
Yes, I want arenas as well! Smile

09-30-2009 08:34 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i like the idea but
i believe it should not be player put forward prizes as this would create numerous oppertunites to cheat, then we have the whole push pull side of things and people claiming it wasnt, thent the whole thing of who gets what prizes how would they be divided no bad idea no poh, no pop, no items.

the reward should be system generated not player generated. like expos or quests
and if poh or pop must be given then a generic way of giving it like ambushes do could be divised

this would keep things on a much more fair level

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 09-30-2009 14:07.

09-30-2009 13:56 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i quite like this idea Smile

lol Big Grin do it (Y)

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

09-30-2009 14:12 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

i prefer the way arenas work in WoW you can spend a sum of money to get a team then you get people to apply to your team until you have 2/3/5 people and then there could be some kind of leader board
where you can challenge other teams this way you always fight with the same team and every player has to accept this challenge for the arena to start and you get poh/pop based on how high in the leader board the other team is

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

09-30-2009 16:25 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Knightroad

Daiblo; As it says in my first original post, a new type of mod would probably need to be set up to police this. I agree thou, people will try to abuse... so perhaps another way could be thought up?
& yay Big Grin

Agresiel; Yay Big Grin
I thought it would be better this way, items are going to be garanted 90% rubbish if there put foward by the R'n'G. and i would think people wouldent use there best items, just junk from quests and expo's Smile

Bea; Big Grin thats the spirit

necrol; I dont play WoW so im not 100% sure how this would work? Roll Eyes but im sure people would rather spend there junk/money on upgradeing buildings or buying disposibles Confused
& If it is the same teams everytime then what is stoping the 4/5 best players on the game grouping together and obliterating everyone? wouldent be fair on everyone else..

09-30-2009 19:09 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

about the teams maybee if they were random

say 5 aside

so you would click the to"join" button or whatever then u would wait untll at least 10 have joined..the rng would random pick ppl and put them into teams

this way..certain teams cant be overpowered and u get to figh along side other ppl you woudnt normally fight with

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
09-30-2009 19:14 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

Great idea Ba_alasaurusrex Smile have another gold star Tongue lol

I would think there would still need to be some kind of balanceing system for teams Vs teams. within 500 point perhaps? to stop complete slaughters Smile

09-30-2009 19:19 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
DL Abbot

Registration Date: 12-19-2008
Clan: K.o.D.

RE: Fight Arena Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i love this idea! it sounds great.

1 suggestion though and not exactly sure how to explain it.

quote:

I think it would be a good idea to have set "leagues" for total points, again to stop cheating;
5-50
51 - 150
151 - 300
301 - 500
501 - 800
801 - 1000
1001 - 1500
1501 - 2000
2001 - 3000
3000 - 4000
and so on....

Where you have the total League points, if u keep a certain amount of points in game, to equal the total league points for the player. so lets say, a player has 5pts, they have 5 league point. and so on and so forth, 100 in game points, 100 league points.

This may be a way to keep the forces fighting balanced to an extent, and it would probably evade the push-pull threat of higher levels giving weapons and armour to lower levels.

Underworld: Abbot Leader
Necro: Night Wolf

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DL Abbot: 09-30-2009 19:32.

09-30-2009 19:32 DL Abbot is offline Search for Posts by DL Abbot Add DL Abbot to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for DL Abbot
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

quote:
Great idea Ba_alasaurusrex Smile have another gold star Tongue lol

I would think there would still need to be some kind of balanceing system for teams Vs teams. within 500 point perhaps? to stop complete slaughters Smile

wooop another gold star .......

yeah we would need differant areas say in the arena

1-500 pts
500-1k
1k-2k

etc prob would have to be refined alot more

but this idea is needed to keep things alive here.

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
09-30-2009 19:38 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

yeah this i think it turning in to a really good idea, it will certainly shake things up a bit which this game needs Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

09-30-2009 20:05 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: End/SoT

oh i like this a lot and it sounds really fun

09-30-2009 21:48 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

Nero... you killed teh thread Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_alasaurusrex
but this idea is needed to keep things alive here.

Among other things, yea... most def

I has an idea to add to it, i know people dont like the item to item thingie, so how about resource and exp gain?
Money and people only.

Anywho, were art thou noob szeszej? Tongue
it's unlike him to pass on the chance to crush our hopes and dreams Shocked

10-03-2009 22:56 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

quote:
Originally posted by nero
oh i like this a lot and it sounds really fun

Be careful of posts like these, it can be considered spam
10-04-2009 01:30 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
BattleOx

Registration Date: 10-14-2008
Clan: NIGHT

if there's gonna be 10 vamps in the fight why not have an average where everyone under the average gain 1% to char def e.g. if the average of a fight is 50 then someone with 40pts gains a 10% char defense and the opposite could happen for everyone over the average

(just throwing in an idea)

10-05-2009 18:45 BattleOx is offline Search for Posts by BattleOx Add BattleOx to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

quote:
necrol; I dont play WoW so im not 100% sure how this would work? Roll Eyes but im sure people would rather spend there junk/money on upgradeing buildings or buying disposibles Confused
& If it is the same teams everytime then what is stoping the 4/5 best players on the game grouping together and obliterating everyone? wouldent be fair on everyone else..

sorry for slow reply but the beauty of the WoW system even if the best 5 players joined one team they would be ranked first therefore every team they kill would yield very little reward where as a team of level 50 players could take on another team ranked slightly higher and receive more rewards therefore the top 5 players could all join 1 team but they would be better off supporting a few lower level players so that they can gain more rewards

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

11-11-2009 14:24 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Chanieyy

images/avatars/avatar-584.jpg

Registration Date: 09-15-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: T.D.N

Good Idea I Like It

11-11-2009 20:44 Chanieyy is offline Search for Posts by Chanieyy Add Chanieyy to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

Chanieyy warning for spam. your comment brought nothing new to this discussion.

11-11-2009 21:06 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Fight Arena

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH