Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Builds » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Builds
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Deathlos

Registration Date: 10-26-2009

Builds Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Im almost at the point where i need to choose where im going in the game. so i was wondering what stats you need to build up for each of the weapon catagorys.

Two One Handed Weapons
Two Handed Weapon
Two One Handed Guns
Two Handed Guns
Ranged.

My current Stats are.

STRENGTH 19
AGILITY 14
TOUGHNESS 11
APPEARANCE 9
CHARISMA 10
REPUTATION 11
PERCEPTION 19
INTELLIGENCE 15
KNOWLEDGE 17

All these are unmodified by equipment at level 17

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Deathlos: 10-26-2009 01:32.

10-26-2009 01:27 Deathlos is offline Search for Posts by Deathlos Add Deathlos to your Buddy List
purenova

Registration Date: 05-19-2009
Clan: AvE

RE: Builds Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Two One Handed Weapons
focus on str,rep,agil, as these are the most important for attacks

at lvl 30 u should have something along these lines

STRENGTH 20
AGILITY 25
TOUGHNESS 20
APPEARANCE 13
CHARISMA 18
REPUTATION 20
PERCEPTION 15
INTELLIGENCE 15
KNOWLEDGE 15

Two Handed Weapon
i wouldn't recommend this unless u have something of speed

Two One Handed Guns
focus on perception.

Two Handed Guns
focus on perception

for both guns

at lvl 30 you should have something along these lines

STRENGTH 15
AGILITY 20
TOUGHNESS 20
APPEARANCE 13
CHARISMA 15
REPUTATION 20
PERCEPTION 25
INTELLIGENCE 15
KNOWLEDGE 18

Ranged.
this one is though, with good xxx of bat, it could be done but hard to get at lower levels. both agility and perception will be needed.

AT lvl 30, something along these lines

STRENGTH 15
AGILITY 25
TOUGHNESS 20
APPEARANCE 13
CHARISMA 22
REPUTATION 22
PERCEPTION 25
INTELLIGENCE 15
KNOWLEDGE 15

I would recommend u go with 1h melee or gunner. gunners can easily switch from 2h to 1h. I.E (good ak to 2x good mp5k's), they also do a lot of damage. 1h meleer's are better in the long run i think because the str adds so much damage.

this is just my opinion. the stats actually don't mean much at lower levels, the items mean much more.
10-26-2009 01:58 purenova is offline Search for Posts by purenova Add purenova to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

to get a good idea of what you want to come you would want to choose a path that compliments your race....

tbh what is the point of a beast master gunner unless you go cursed on...

so what race are you?

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

10-26-2009 13:24 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

in a nutshell - [these affect chance to hit]

Melee - agility
guns - perception
ranged - both

and for HP:
reputation - attack hp
charisma - def hp

if u are necro, see what drops u get, and what eq u can buy cheap.

For UW, id say u need to make a choice. it is harder for cultists to do guns early on, for absorbers to do much etc.

look at act 2 arcana on the turorial, and various tattoo choices, they may help to choose.

Also, expeditions are important. Some work better with melee, some with guns. some are doable with range.

I am range, but early on u need 2 gun expos. later on guns suck [i know from experience]

10-26-2009 14:32 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC

Also, expeditions are important. Some work better with melee, some with guns. some are doable with range.

I am range, but early on u need 2 gun expos. later on guns suck [i know from experience]

guns suck, why did no one tell me this before i build this character!! I'm level 87 now and I've spent two years building a gun character. I think it works pretty well, i certainly wouldn't say thats guns sucks, this counts both 1-h and two 2-h guns(i know this from experience Wink ) Guns or melee have their advantages/disadvantages against each other, but from where i'm standing they seem pretty fairly well balanced. At first its easier to boost damage with melee, but in the long run the defense ignore of guns make up for this i think.

I would certainly not say that one weapon type is superior to other weapons, its more a matter of taste i think.

10-26-2009 16:35 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Deathlos

Thread Starter Thread Started by Deathlos

Thoughtcatcher.

and thanks for all the great advice so far please keep them comming.
10-26-2009 21:02 Deathlos is offline Search for Posts by Deathlos Add Deathlos to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

thoughtcatchers can go pretty much anywhere but IMO they are best suited for tanks due to the rediculasly high HP they can get....

id suggest BK (later stages as its a very difficult tattoo) ~ message blodsugare
gangster (high defense + dodge)
Collector (high def + ability to use ranged or 1h guns ~ speak to dooz or ces they are remarkably good collectors)

or you could become any path as that race basically fits in everywhere and if you choose to go sniper there is always the option of cursed one

Wink

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

10-26-2009 22:02 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
quote:

guns suck, why did no one tell me this before i build this character!! I'm level 87 now and I've spent two years building a gun character. I think it works pretty well, i certainly wouldn't say thats guns sucks, this counts both 1-h and two 2-h guns(i know this from experience Wink ) Guns or melee have their advantages/disadvantages against each other, but from where i'm standing they seem pretty fairly well balanced. At first its easier to boost damage with melee, but in the long run the defense ignore of guns make up for this i think.

I would certainly not say that one weapon type is superior to other weapons, its more a matter of taste i think.

To build an outstanding guns charactor, u need some serious soulstones, and to be level 60+.

after the BD badge, ur stuck predominantly until you can afford concentration, solar, hawks, legendary guns etc.

also, sorry for the lack of clarification i was leaning more towards 2h guns.

10-26-2009 22:38 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Deathlos

Im sorry im a bit of a Newb so whats a tank classified as in this game? most games their the ones that keep hate from the rest of the party to hit them. but i wouldnt know how to gain hate with the combat system.

and blodsugare is your IGN?
10-26-2009 22:40 Deathlos is offline Search for Posts by Deathlos Add Deathlos to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

Tank is sum1 with huge defence/hp/dodge etc in various combinations.

huge hp + cultist blood regenerate arcana is impenetrable. Other setups are: cultist searing blood [bear in mind searing blood update] and huge defence, high charisma+thoughtcatcher arcana for boosted hp etc.

Blod's username is the same ingame, or hes rank #1 or thereabouts if u cannot find him through the ambush page.

10-27-2009 00:19 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Clan: The Source

here's an example of the huge hp+cultist regen arcana bear in mind this person is the best i think at this Tongue

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=64654fa34c

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
10-27-2009 08:55 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Source/TFE

quote:
Originally posted by Deathlos
Thoughtcatcher.

and thanks for all the great advice so far please keep them comming.

Guys what is the point of telling him how good it is to be a cultist when he's a thoughtcatcher Wink And personally if I was a Thoughtcather I would probably go gunner and then you can own in expos expecially later on if you manage to get a legendary gun but melee is also good but it's just that most other races give advantages for melee like extra attacks,more strength, more agility. So therefore I think your best off being a gunner it's up to you whether you go 1handed or 2handed but thats wat I reckon anyhow Smile

10-27-2009 09:56 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Edited...

10-27-2009 10:09 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

quote:
quote:
quote:

To build an outstanding guns charactor, u need some serious soulstones, and to be level 60+.

after the BD badge, ur stuck predominantly until you can afford concentration, solar, hawks, legendary guns etc.

also, sorry for the lack of clarification i was leaning more towards 2h guns.

It is true that phoenix is more challenging for gunners than for melee(especially 1-h gunners) but a sniper can hit them without solar/hawks, a single bat + precognition+shepherd should do the trick. I was a sniper until level 71-72, using shotgun all the way to gold dragons:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=8176323653

I did not have any solar or concentration equipment, back then(still don't have any of those two)

I switched to Gangster shortly after Act2 was introduced, seeing that legendary guns was so much easier to get than legendary 2-h guns

/Edit:
It is probably true that you need to be around level 60 before you will be using guns against phoenixes, unless you are real lucky and have solar equipment before then. I might not be the most knowledgeable person around regarding the early stages of th game, it has been a while...

10-27-2009 10:27 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
blah blah blah

The advice u give is good, but for this you would have to be a sniper tattoo to hit a phoenix, for the +chance to hit, or have +perc jewellery etc, or be high level as i said.

To start off, range or melee would probably be more advisable imo.

10-27-2009 11:15 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

Nah, 2h guns are the best option to start off imo Wink , you can participate in expos quite early, so you'll get stronger quickly, also hitting phoenixes isn't much problem, you don't even need any expensive perception jewellery like bat/hawk/solar, simple archaic set will do: http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=5cb883fe8a I could get another 18 perception at cost of damage and critical hit chance if I used cap of precognition instead of deadly cap of shepherd, and eye of cat instead of black diamond, so I could even hit the hydra, and I'm still act 1 Wink . A female character can get even more perception with headband of precognition(of course at cost of not using bandana later in game Wink ).

ED: BTW tank without a turret is a simple bunker Wink

Eddy: exactly necrol Wink , http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=64654fa34c diablo wound't move around much in this equipment wouldn't he?

quote:
IGN: Atomos

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Undivisible: 10-28-2009 21:45.

10-27-2009 14:08 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

firstly as a TC you can go anyway you choose so just pick what you want to do get a decent weapon and some armour and then upgrade your stats so you can equip them at higher levels

you just hav to ask yourself what do you want to do

EDIT: btw undivisble bunkers dont move and tanks do

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by necrol: 10-28-2009 19:42.

10-28-2009 19:42 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Deathlos

Thanks for all the advice i have finally decided what to do.
10-30-2009 08:54 Deathlos is offline Search for Posts by Deathlos Add Deathlos to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Source/TFE

quote:
Originally posted by Deathlos
Thanks for all the advice i have finally decided what to do.

What have you decided to go as? Think we are all interested now Tongue

10-30-2009 12:45 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Builds

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH