Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Lets breath some new life..... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lets breath some new life.....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
shydowen

Registration Date: 01-05-2008
Race in game: Absorber

Lets breath some new life..... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In to the game, I know it may have been done a million times before. but i would like to try again.

Come up with a few ideas about how to improve the game

THINGS to consider before typing.......

1) the idea has to apply to ALL players, useable by ALL players ( note not neccessarely all characters)

2) has to be balanced and not swing power to far into one group ( race, class, lvl ect)

3) usable in general in the game

4) does your comment (whether you like the idea or not) help the developer of the ideas improve or change ( don't just rip an idea down just cause it's not to your liking)

if am Idea comes up and you think it may be un balanced or unfare, post replys that may say that but put ideas in then to change it for the better

Don't insult people because of a bad idea.... lets show the MODS, we are responsible people who like the game and want the game to get better.....
02-27-2008 09:52 shydowen is offline Search for Posts by shydowen Add shydowen to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for shydowen
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-29-2007
Clan: DD

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Have something else to do on it.
I mean my Bloodwar days go

13 quests in bulk
When thats finished join the sieges
When thats done
Do a few attacks (It gets boring doing them all)

Then click off and having to wait hours and hours before being able to do more and even then it's ony a few quests which is just repetative and slightly boring

http://deeperdimensions.forumotion.co.uk/

Clan friends and people looking for a clan very welcome, it's a forum not only for Deeper Dimensions but the active community of BW.

02-27-2008 10:27 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Clan: -END-

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ive said this before i think why dont we start a wide scale war.few clans one one side a few on the other an posts reults here??
02-27-2008 15:00 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

Large scale war would be very fun Smile

As long as each and every player was fair, clans were equal, and players didnt switch clans throughout

Perhaps the Devs could make sure this was the case?

An epic battle organised by the Developers, whoever wants to can sign up. Then after the sign up period of say a week or two, each player is randomly assigned to one of two clans (im sure they could increase the max number of players per clan in this situation)

The clans would not be able to attack, or be attacked by anyone other than the opposing clan.

Then say after a few weeks, the clan that has gained the most PoH wins Big Grin

And there doesnt have to be a prize, the participants can go back to their business and use the huge amounts of PoH for plenty of expos Wink

Tell me what you think?

02-27-2008 15:08 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
nelacar
Double Ace

i like this idea we could set a points limit per clan so it will be fair or say the first clan on both sides is for high lvls and they can only seige each other.the next would be low lvls etc.it could with a bit of taught.we could write up a back story for it aswell give it some meaning.
02-27-2008 16:46 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Realistically, how many people are playing for the story line?

BW needs something thats going to keep players active and draw new players in

Something like what we are discussing is needed, not better items, or easier expos, or quests getting harder when you reach level 50.

Something BIG has to be organised

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 02-27-2008 17:03.

02-27-2008 16:50 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
nelacar
Double Ace

so why dont we just do it....get a list of list of people willin to make a clan for this war first and we will post their names and decide on whos on whos side.we can then get ppl to join their clans an we will decide on a start date..more suggestions plz if we r going to make dis work.
02-27-2008 16:56 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
Large scale war would be very fun Smile

As long as each and every player was fair, clans were equal, and players didnt switch clans throughout

As i said, the logistics for organising lsomething like this would be next to impossible

Without going into the details, this war should be huge, and this cant happen if the max number of people can join is around 30, or kept under control

Hence something organised by the Devs would be ideal as they could keep an eye on it and control member levels and make sure the "superclans" couldnt attack others

EDIT

Another problem is not all players use the forums, this should be open to everyone

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 02-27-2008 17:03.

02-27-2008 17:01 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

yeah that idea sounds good it was in the pipe line ages ago for a huge all out war best way is to have a list with names, levels, etc etc.

i think it could be a huge thing if people sign up for it Smile

Necro knows me as Gjallar
02-27-2008 17:01 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

true suuport of devs admins and everyone is needed.but if we take it step by step it can be possible.as far as super clans attacking each other.we would have clans for each player base and they can only attack another clan of equal strenght.each side would have a clan or 2 with only players with 50+pts.the next would be 30-50 and so forth.u could have a cap of say only 2-3ppl lvl50 plusso all the top players cant team up.or u could chose from the raknins.player ranked 1 would be on side a ranked 2 on team b and so on so the sides are equal.
02-27-2008 17:09 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Yea sounds really good, and definitely think its important not to leave out the lower levels.

There was a war supposed to be started sometime ago as Kralen said, but it was mainly for very high levels

02-27-2008 17:12 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

As far as I know preparations are being done for 'city events' which is more or less what you're talking about.
The big war think wouldn't work. If one big clan would not participate it could make tremendous advantages and ravage squares of everyone in the game.

02-27-2008 21:31 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Ok - I like the whole scale war; but how about this...

It would take a little organising, and I think someone may have already suggested something along these lines; but how about a "Champions League"? (but maybe we could think of a better name?)

Each month, clans (who want to contend) put forward a fighter.

We draw up a knock-out competition (the winning clan gets the responsibility of organising this). Obviously you would have to have three categories of levels (high, medium, low).

Then we fight naked, apart from the best weapon you can equip naked.

Obviously, this does make it completely fair - but come on; its as fair as its gonna get! Big Grin

The hard part? Getting the BW team to offer a prize to the winner of each category... say a LS? Surely they can organise that.... or else, we just compete for kudos!
hahahahahahahahahaha....

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
02-27-2008 22:29 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Lots of cool ideas here Smile

Now all we need is Dev's that will give us a tiny bit of feedback Confused

02-27-2008 22:53 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

Well, it's very hard to write a script that'll take care of cheaters who will try to wear any items. Too much work... I think that the dev team has it's own ideas of a new "competition" which are easier to implement into the game system.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

02-27-2008 23:19 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Artoir.
Avenger

Wel can YOU tell us anything about it given the Devs rarely pop by?

02-27-2008 23:21 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Evangelion
The warning machine

I just know some things about writing scripts and I know the way dev team thinks from the polish board. Of course I didn't say that it's impossible. They can always throw away everything they started working on and create such script. But that would stop the game progress for an enormous amount of time.

And the idea isn't perfect too. Weaker players would complain on the stronger ones no matter how many categories of lvls there will be.

02-27-2008 23:27 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Roostie

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Clan: CoS

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
It would take a little organising, and I think someone may have already suggested something along these lines; but how about a "Champions League"? (but maybe we could think of a better name?)

Each month, clans (who want to contend) put forward a fighter.

We draw up a knock-out competition (the winning clan gets the responsibility of organising this). Obviously you would have to have three categories of levels (high, medium, low).

Then we fight naked, apart from the best weapon you can equip naked.

hahahahahahahahahaha....

I like this idea. Even if we can't do it on a large scale it could be good on a small scale by just picking a clan at a similar level and doing it.

02-27-2008 23:28 Roostie is offline Search for Posts by Roostie Add Roostie to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Well thanks for taking the time reply anyway Evan Smile

Do the polish or french boards have anything similar to this?

02-27-2008 23:31 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Evangelion
The warning machine

quote:
Do the polish or french boards have anything similar to this?

You mean similar to what? Such ideas?

02-27-2008 23:34 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
Well, it's very hard to write a script that'll take care of cheaters who will try to wear any items.

Cheaters get a short ban? No script needed for that - Evil

And also get put onto a list of shame - hey, come on we're vampires, you know some of us are gonna wanna get on the Champions list & the Cheaters list - no harm in that - it is a game after all?

quote:
Weaker players would complain on the stronger ones no matter how many categories of lvls there will be.

Very true. But, tough. I'm not here to listen to complainers - I'm here because I enjoy playing this game as it is, as well as wanting to make it better, and you're right people will always complain - even when they get the things they want.
No, the game is not always fair - so what. Who amongst has ever played a game that was completely fair?? It's not a game if there isn't some risk, element of loss, (a cheater to expose - Big Grin ). I'm not suggesting any massive changes to the script... just a little of organisation & competition... oh, & maybe a prize or two Shocked

I get a little fed up of reading some of the comments posted by people who clearly aren't enjoying the game because they feel it is un-fair (too hard). Yes, this is a hard game. The rewards don't come easy, and you don't get to be the best player after a couple of months of playing. Good - I hate games like that.
Example? Take a look at all the comments on Zauborin's leaving post; the guy was the best because he commited time & effort, and look at the respect he got.
(ok, this is turning into a cheesy action movie speech; wrap it up)

Anyway, I have digressed. It was just an idea; if the Dev's are working on something like it then great! If not, then hopefully they'll have a read & ponder the possibilities. And until they do develop anything, then maybe some of the clans can try and put something together in the mean time.... anyone got experience of arranging a knock-out competition? Big Grin

Alternatively Evan, fancy laying down a gauntlet to one of the other clan's for a one-2-one naked fight? I'm sure someone in our clan would take up the challenge of an equal - I'm happy to put my money (& blood) where my mouth (or tentacles) is. hehehe Tongue

The Rules:
1 - The first rule of BloodWars is, you do not talk about BloodWars (hehe - couldn't resist)
2 - The second rule of BloodWars is, you do NOT talk about BloodWars (sorry - really couldn't Big Grin )
3 - Each pair of fighters must be equal in points - not level
4 - You enter the fight naked; apart from ONE weapon
5 - The winner is the last vamp standing
6 - If the fight goes the distance - the vamp with more HP remaining is the winner - but the loser gets to call a re-match.
7 - ALL results are posted under the BATTLEFIELD section of the board for all to see - so if you cheat, then you get exposed.
8 - No matter what the result - no grudges are held - these are not precursers to clan wars - if you lose, then be graceful in defeat... and go train some more!

The Rewards:
1 - Respect

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 02-28-2008 01:16.

02-28-2008 00:49 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Yes Evan, similar city events?

02-29-2008 10:37 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
diablo

Just imagine BoS would choose me to represent the clan. With the attributes of gunman, what weapon would I be able to wear? Melee fighters are clearly favored here. Iven if I took my uzi, if my opponent would take 2h sword the outcome of the battle is clear.
This idea is not thought to full excent.

02-29-2008 12:38 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

quote:
Yes Evan, similar city events?

Well, such events had been proposed several times on the polish board.

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
The Rules:
1 - The first rule of BloodWars is, you do not talk about BloodWars (hehe - couldn't resist)
2 - The second rule of BloodWars is, you do NOT talk about BloodWars (sorry - really couldn't Big Grin )
3 - Each pair of fighters must be equal in points - not level
4 - You enter the fight naked; apart from ONE weapon
5 - The winner is the last vamp standing
6 - If the fight goes the distance - the vamp with more HP remaining is the winner - but the loser gets to call a re-match.
7 - ALL results are posted under the BATTLEFIELD section of the board for all to see - so if you cheat, then you get exposed.
8 - No matter what the result - no grudges are held - these are not precursers to clan wars - if you lose, then be graceful in defeat... and go train some more!

I would only add a rule about the character build. Gunners vs gunners, 2h melee vs 2h melee, 1h melee vs 1h melee and ranged vs ranged. So there won't be any 20 agility vs 40 Smile

02-29-2008 13:26 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Cthulhu
Viking

yep - that sounds wise - clearly if the longer standin players can think of more accurate rules then I totally adhear to them.
If we could only work out a way of getting some award.... Big Grin

Er, BW Team - that's your que to say - "Of course, a great suggestion; we will give the winner of each category 1 LS..."

Seriously; it would be good to get more people thinking this through; eh, Diablo, you picked up the flaw - what do you say; offer some suggestions? Anyone else?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 03-01-2008 20:46.

03-01-2008 20:40 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

if you were going to do that i would say that it would be all melle vs all melle, all guns verse all guns, ect, and that you should nbe able to weild the max weps posssible, e.g diablo can wield both his guns
also for rewards, you could have stones as you said, depending on the lvs, e.g ls for lw lv, ms for medium and ss for high, as the low lvs dnt really need ss do they?
03-02-2008 07:41 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Ok - if people think that is a better idea, then rule 4 becomes: You enter the fight naked; apart from weapons.

Then we just have write up some categories:

Category 1 Fight
Gunner vrs Gunner

Category 2 Fight
1H melee vrs 1H melee

Category 3 Fight
2H melee vrs 2H melee

Category 4 Fight
Ranged vrs Ranged

The only thing I'm not sure of, if the tattoos will have any advantages for some people - but then I guess I would say to that, if they do, they do. You worked hard to earn them, so...

As for rewards; lets be honest, the BWT are unlikely to give us anything. So, until pigs start flying overhead, we should go back to the original suggestion: Respect Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-02-2008 10:11 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
tr3at5

Registration Date: 09-11-2007

crazy idea
no one will have the standard int/wisdom to wear their current weapon naked
03-02-2008 10:26 tr3at5 is offline Search for Posts by tr3at5 Add tr3at5 to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

we could have the option in the final for each player to offer a reward, that both players agree on
03-02-2008 10:56 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

About the tatoo thing... it is fine for some tatoos (the ones that require 0 defence) because they need suicide weapons for it to work, but for others (like black knight) it doesnt matter what weapon you have you need the armour and pants and headgear for it to work,, so you couldn't have tatoos in it.

03-02-2008 12:04 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Roostie

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Clan: CoS

To negate the Tattoo's you could set up the classes that way so

Assassin V Assassin
Monk V Monk

and so on

03-02-2008 15:53 Roostie is offline Search for Posts by Roostie Add Roostie to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

hmm. theres a problem developing now. there are a huge amount of clss and you have to battle against someone whoe has the same tatooes, and wep class. so theres not going to be many people in the competitions. jus have it so tatooes dont work during the competitions
03-02-2008 18:15 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
diablo

As was discussed in a different part of the forum, the reward could be 'Weapon experience' What do you think?
Personally, I don't like the idea of being 'naked' just because of the tattoos and the fact that as you progress you need better equip and you spend half of the playtime just trying to get it.

03-03-2008 02:41 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

weapon experiance would be a good idea as a reward. i no i should put this in wep experiance section, but if you had weapon experiance like points of progress, that you spent on uprgades, e.g crit hit, then that would be a good reward, so winning would get similar rewawards to completing a task
03-03-2008 17:45 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Weapon Experience? Hmm, I'll go look that up.

As for
quote:
I don't like the idea of being 'naked'
- have you gone shy on us? Tongue

Seriously; I can imagine there are probably countless reasons why it won't work & people won't like etc, etc. But the theme of the topic was generate some ideas that might make the game more "fun" for some people.

As I previously made clear, I don't actually have a problem with the way the game is; but I thought as something "fun" to do at the weekends, or when we've all just had enough of finding a club, a mace, & a cap+1 on our last caravan. Why not have the occasional pre-organised crazy fight that doesn't mean anything, doesn't ask people to take the game too seriously, and could generate some witty remarks on the Board.

I agree with Scillage & Bobalob - tattoos wiil have to be out of it. However, as Scillage sort of points out, if you are lucky enough to have a tattoo that may help, then more luck to you.

I think this point is covered by Rule 8 in my original list above:
quote:

And for,
quote:
crazy idea, no one will have the standard int/wisdom to wear their current weapon naked

Hehehe - thats the point Tr3at5 - its just a bit of fun; I did think about saying no weapons at first; but then I got to thinking it would be interesting to see what people can wield without equip boosts.

Also, to make it clear - I'm not suggesting that people have to take part in this; its just an option.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-03-2008 17:55 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Lets breath some new life.....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH