Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Looks of the game » Multiple constructions at one time » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Multiple constructions at one time 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

Multiple constructions at one time Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I dont know if this is the right place so im sorry if its not

Im doing the build all z3 buildings task and i come up with the idea of being able to build multiple buildings at one time as in build the HOSPITAL and DAILY NEWSPAPER NIGHTSHIFT at the same time

It is possible to get more than one building firm in, in real life so why not here lol

Let the suggestion rapage begin Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

01-23-2010 16:53 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hmm, this might not be such a bad idea.

Perhaps a fixed rate of maybe +5019% requirements to build building #2, or a +cost of building would even out the arguable advantages this gives.

I dont think this would imbalance the game too much, so why not? Smile

01-23-2010 17:00 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A very bad idea! Did you think of the consequences at all or was it just that you want to build faster to get a task done?

01-23-2010 17:16 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Robin887
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-947.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-18-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: ShameleSS

yhm. I don't think its good idea too. You have much time to build all buildings. And time of upgrade is not so big. One by one Wink

I will buy:
http://forum.bloodwars.net/thread.php?threadid=20790
01-23-2010 17:21 Robin887 is offline Search for Posts by Robin887 Add Robin887 to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Murderous

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
A very bad idea! Did you think of the consequences at all or was it just that you want to build faster to get a task done?

Ill have the task done before it could get implemented lol

Im hungover so probably stupid for asking what consequences?

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

01-23-2010 17:34 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

There cant be that many concequences...

just faster building.

It will still take an equal time to get requirements, resources etc.

You can only be referring to high level players square building.

It cant be that detrimental to have them building a few at the same time, can it? If anything, a +cost of building should deter them from building younger players' squares.

01-23-2010 17:36 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
diablo

Building up a new square would become way too easy with the resources you have from the old one. Buildings are what protects you in attacks, with the ability to build more buildings at the same time you wouldn't suffer from changing a square.
I'm not referring to high level players squares, I doubt that a few people in top50 would have enough resources to build 2+ buildings Smile I was referring to early stages of the game.

01-23-2010 18:02 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Murderous

Ok fair enough, i obviously didnt think about this enough

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

01-23-2010 18:11 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Badger

What about a building queue? Although you need to have the resource on hand when you try to stack them, it doesn't actually take the resource until it's time to build it (or if it's in the case of Lgo, it takes the Junk equilivent when it's time to build)

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
02-07-2010 01:48 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
diablo

That would make building too easy. You'd queue tons of buildings and then just wait till you get the resources or build all at once with just one lucky hit.

02-07-2010 06:37 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
thunder123

images/avatars/avatar-688.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-27-2010
Clan: [Gangrel]

i dont think its a realy good idea besides the game will probaly be less fun like that if you can build up a square in a day

03-26-2010 09:38 thunder123 is offline Search for Posts by thunder123 Add thunder123 to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

A bit of mix and match might work very well here.

A building que, but takes the resorces when you add it into the que with + %% on price

So your essentually ( doesnt look right but i cant spell anyway ) doing nothing but once the X amount of hours for the first is done itl start on the second.

Youve still fully paid for it once youve clicked upgrade, And as for speeding up.. it wouldnt really.

I know personally after on a res hunt for an upggrade and having enough left for an upgrade on say the police station is anoying when you have to wait say 6hours to upgrade lol
03-26-2010 09:45 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
diablo

I think this was discussed before and there were numerous points against:
- if everyone queue a lot of buildings there will be no resources left
- it would make the game way too easy in the beginning
- building won't be a challenge

03-26-2010 10:04 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

I can see how it would be nice to have, BUT, as diablo said, nothing would be a challenge anymore. The tasks for buildings would be pointless and resources would be used up like mad. Besides, no other game (that I've played and I'm not a big online gamer) allows building queries.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

03-27-2010 18:14 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

I kno 2 games that use a building que Big Grin

And you can easy combat what diablo says.

Dont allow building ques untill level 30.. like caravan.

If somebodhy wants to waste there resorces on a +%%%% waste for the que thats there resorces theyve collected.

And as for the building not being a challenge i dont see how?

Your still getting the resorces one way or another so its not even like youve lost a challenge
03-27-2010 18:16 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Bloodwars has never been a SimCity so you probably won't see 2 building queues, but at least now you know when the building finishes Wink

03-30-2010 10:36 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Looks of the game » Multiple constructions at one time

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH