Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Game balance » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: What's your opinion on the balance of the game?
Getting worse 35 39.33%
Getting better 26 29.21%
Same as always 22 24.72%
I'm leaving! 4 4.49%
Perfect 2 2.25%
Total: 89 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Game balance 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Game balance Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's good to know the opinion of the players in a more clear way than in the thread in Game System Smile

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-20-2008 16:46 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Really just clan handi-capping has to go into effect. Maybe who we can attack too. A clan mate brought up an interesting point: he can be attacked by people with 54 points when he has 16. What 16 pointer can defend against that?

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

03-20-2008 17:24 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Theres a problem with an option in this one

"Same as Always"

To be able to determine exactly what this means, you would have to know what the specific player voting this way thought in the first place.

i.e.

one player could mean "It's just about hit rock bottom, but I'm not leaving yet ..... it hasn't got any better or worse than 6 months ago."

while another could mean "brilliant, the balance isn't perfect but its good enough for me"

03-20-2008 17:37 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra
Maybe who we can attack too. A clan mate brought up an interesting point: he can be attacked by people with 54 points when he has 16. What 16 pointer can defend against that?

Who can and cant be attacked is based on level not points. Which means I can get attacked by everyone except the top 9 Tongue . But I think it's fun as long as youre not getting farmed and with high enough perception you can avoid most of them Smile

03-20-2008 19:14 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Kleks
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-289.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2007
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: A.S

Since the beggining of time stronger always will beat the weaker it's just the way of nature. Seeing lvl for example 50 killing lvl 30 to get blood or cash it's a normal way of playing.

There are way to many shooters and equipment for them is way to easy to get or merge.
True if mele fighter will have enough reputation or will be able to cross that 30% of success in most cases will pwned shooter.
In most cases having 80+ reputation will guarantee a succesfull and victorius fight having 2.5 or 3.5k of HP because of that 80+ reputation (and for mele fighter is not that hard to get)
Most of players betwean 50 and 200 place in ranking are shooters (not to mention the absorber race)
Up to 100 place in ranking shooter are grinding their way to the top but at the end the ultimate killing machine is a mele fighter.
Within top 50 they are mostly annoying rather that considerable threat (of course there are few cases that i'm wrong)

Since i started playing on this server there was a lots of upgrades, updates etc etc but they didn't change the ballance of the game itself.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

04-10-2008 20:45 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

Have you EVER taken on double scorpios that are tattoo powered?

They rock, and I'm a Monk! I get to duck some of the damage.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
04-11-2008 01:40 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Which is exactly why I chose the Assassin tattoo Belfegor Wink

I'll struggle and annoy my way to the top as you said, then switch to melee Smile

04-11-2008 09:37 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Kleks
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-289.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2007
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: A.S

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc
Have you EVER taken on double scorpios that are tattoo powered?

They rock, and I'm a Monk! I get to duck some of the damage.

in the matter of fact... i did... i've loose those fights, i'm not saying that mele fighter is untouchable Smile there will be always someone slick who will kill you while you questing or have enough luck to kill you with even a lower stats.
I'm saying that being a shooter is good if you begin to play but when you are within ranking 50-200 you are in a straight line to dead end.

Despite that i'm in top 50 i'm barely even bother by shooters and i know few of them that can deal wicked ammounts of dmg ;]

Assassin tattoo will give you high flexibility to swap betwean guns and mele weapons this is one of the most balanced tattoos that give easy highly effective choice ingame.

04-11-2008 10:46 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

Assassin are by far the best tactical choice in this game. Great in ambush and expeditions, and the fact they can choose such radically different weapon sets gives them a clear advantage.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
04-11-2008 13:59 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

Thread Starter Thread Started by Evangelion

Please move the discussion about tattoos to another thread, this is only for game balance.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

04-11-2008 14:56 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Death reaper
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-180.jpg

Registration Date: 04-03-2008

quote:
Theres a problem with an option in this one

"Same as Always"

whats this meaning then if it was same as allways we wouldnt have to have this poll zaubrin would still be in the game and all the others ECT and evrything ECT

i start a new one i get a warning for it

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Death reaper: 04-11-2008 16:49.

04-11-2008 16:48 Death reaper is offline Search for Posts by Death reaper Add Death reaper to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Game balance

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH