Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Sort of a new server event idea » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Sort of a new server event idea 8 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

Sort of a new server event idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Im ready to get burnt at the stake here so here goes, I was just randomly thinking as i do ALOT when i come up with this idea of a spin off server event where the events called a Full Moon and you could become Cursed One(By Choice) for the length of the server event so you see the event and click somewhere to become a Cursed One and you get there Arcana temporarily untill the event runs out or as its a Full Moon you can choose to become a Werewolf where you would have different Arcana

Ill edit if i can think of some Arcana's that a Werewolf would have lol

Ideas? Thought? Yes? No?

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 04-22-2010 16:51.

04-22-2010 14:42 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Perseus

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Dash

RE: Sort of a new server event idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I guess this could be fun Smile

So I vote yes Wink

Perseus strikes critically with Legendary Perfect Magnum, Slomka takes 199 damage
04-22-2010 16:30 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BOS + S.S.

RE: Sort of a new server event idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

U be crazy =P

Think it be fun though

Werewolf -

Ravage

Effect: Defensive abilities boosted at 1/4 hp (like cursed one but def/tough)

Only a silver bullet...

Effect: May survive a hit which would ko and be left on 1 hp, does not work against guns.

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
04-22-2010 16:37 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Perseus

What about rage of the werewolf? ;]

Effect: Damage increased by 3 for every 4 levels

Perseus strikes critically with Legendary Perfect Magnum, Slomka takes 199 damage
04-22-2010 16:45 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And if you already are a cursed one? Wink
Sounds fun and different but I predict you will be hung drawn and quartered as opposed to burnt at the stake Tongue Don't really see the point of it tbh stevey boy...

04-22-2010 16:46 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Murderous
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well Sampollo i was just randomly thinking of things lol and i thought it might spice things up as things are getting boring lol although server events are rarer than a real life full moon lmao Tongue

If your already a Cursed One then maybe you could go back to your previous race?

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 04-22-2010 16:50.

04-22-2010 16:49 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Murderous
Well Sampollo i was just randomly thinking of things lol and i thought it might spice things up as things are getting boring lol although server events are rarer than a real life full moon lmao Tongue

If your already a Cursed One then maybe you could go back to your previous race?

What should be done is more EXPO MOBS FOR SOMETHING TO DO :@:@:@:@:@

But i think il stick with Pollo on this one, im not sure itl work at all, but im not sure howmany people would even bother using it?
04-22-2010 16:53 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Perseus

It would be nice to have more server events....

04-22-2010 16:58 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

It depends really on how good werewolf arcana is. As it's a server event, it would have to be good enough to want to have over your current arcana, and have a large bonus again as it is a rare opportunity. Currently, my vote is no, but if I could see some reasonable ideas my mind might very well change.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

04-22-2010 17:20 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Clan: BoS

I love this werewolf idea.

Werewolf arcana could be:

Sharp Claws: All weapons damage +1 Cost: 20 blood points

Deafening Howl: Opponents attacks in 1st round have a decreased chance to hit by -35 (or greater, dunno much about chance to hit) (and then however much horror costs in blood points)

Dico of Lupus Sarcina (The calling of the wolf pack): You gain 4 extra attacks per round. (but they are not your guns, ranged or melee weapons the attack report says WOLF CLAWS and does around xx damage. and they can't critical as the attacks are from other werewolfs and they don't have your crit chance improving items or tattoos)

Cost: All availiable blood points PLUS say xxxx amount of blood needed to use it.

What do you think of those? Smile

04-22-2010 17:57 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Perseus

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy Emperor

Deafening Howl: Opponents attacks in 1st round have a decreased chance to hit by -35 (or greater, dunno much about chance to hit) (and then however much horror costs in blood points)

Dico of Lupus Sarcina (The calling of the wolf pack): You gain 4 extra attacks per round. (but they are not your guns, ranged or melee weapons the attack report says WOLF CLAWS and does around xx damage. and they can't critical as the attacks are from other werewolfs and they don't have your crit chance improving items or tattoos)

Cost: All availiable blood points PLUS say xxxx amount of blood needed to use it.

@murderous could you put some of these aracana's up??

04-22-2010 18:00 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
LucifersAngel
Lord

They still don't seem to be worth it really :S

It still looks as though this rare ability isn't as good as your regular stuff. It would have to be truly groundbreaking and interesting for anyone to bother.

EZLN

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by LucifersAngel: 04-22-2010 18:02.

04-22-2010 18:01 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Perseus

Hmmm.... ok I see what you mean but you have to admit that we need more server events

04-22-2010 18:13 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

quote:
Originally posted by LucifersAngel
They still don't seem to be worth it really :S

It still looks as though this rare ability isn't as good as your regular stuff. It would have to be truly groundbreaking and interesting for anyone to bother.

Oh come on, the last one is brilliant! You know how the devs LOVE to take resources off us in every possible way! Tongue

04-22-2010 18:14 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

quote:

They are THE worst arcanas ever..

Its just overpowering everything for the time being of the event...
04-22-2010 18:23 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD

Exactly. How often do you think this will occur? I've not seen a server event in about a month maybe more. If this was implemented with such stronger arcana then theres an even less chance of this one going on as the event.

So whilst it may be 1 in 100 events it may as well be strong so the players have something to look forward too! Plus there is always the length the event stays on for that the devs would look at.

04-22-2010 18:39 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

quote:
quote:

Exactly. How often do you think this will occur? I've not seen a server event in about a month maybe more. If this was implemented with such stronger arcana then theres an even less chance of this one going on as the event.

So whilst it may be 1 in 100 events it may as well be strong so the players have something to look forward too! Plus there is always the length the event stays on for that the devs would look at.

If theres a less chance of it going on then why would you make effort to give ideas for it?
04-22-2010 18:41 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Perseus

quote:
quote:

There isnt much chance of getting it but if the event did take place then it would only be for a short time and it would benifit every bw player

04-22-2010 18:41 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Ehm, for previously mentioned reasons, I can't give a thumb up.
Every server event has a counterpart, so if you do something as overpowering the mirror one will have to be devastating.
If a temporary change of race occurs, I'd prefer it to be random.
I agree that server events would be welcome to happen more often.

04-22-2010 18:48 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Perseus

Ok well maybe we could just ask for server events to happen more often instead of the other idea?

04-22-2010 18:53 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
LucifersAngel
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Perseus
Ok well maybe we could just ask for server events to happen more often instead of the other idea?

That's been asked many times, and discussed a few hundred times more than that. It probably won't happen.

EZLN

04-22-2010 18:57 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

quote:

They are random, but im sure there is something the devs could possibly do to push them out a bit more.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by FlashAOD: 04-22-2010 19:00.

04-22-2010 18:59 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

I would honestly love it if there were server events more often (I don't think there would be anyone opposed to this), but chances of devs changing something based on players opinions is considerably slimmer than them even reading this Tongue

EZLN

04-22-2010 19:03 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

quote:
I would honestly love it if there were server events more often (I don't think there would be anyone opposed to this), but chances of devs changing something based on players opinions is considerably slimmer than them even reading this Tongue

Its not JUST something we opinionate.. Its just how much more do we need to have "Night of Heros" for example..

Do we really need people with stupid amounts points gain just because it comes over more and more
04-22-2010 19:05 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Perseus

Well if we wait for Szeszej to have his opinion on this maybe it will hapen Wink

04-22-2010 19:05 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
LucifersAngel
Lord

quote:
quote:

Its not JUST something we opinionate.. Its just how much more do we need to have "Night of Heros" for example..

Do we really need people with stupid amounts points gain just because it comes over more and more

I don't mean just night of heroes. I mean all of them, negative ones too. It makes the game more interesting and fun.

EZLN

04-22-2010 19:08 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't mean just night of heroes. I mean all of them, negative ones too. It makes the game more interesting and fun.

Yeah it makes sence, i was just giving the most overpowered one as an example to say.. itd be nice to get something new but if there coming more and more then obviously this big one is coming more and people are going to be flying
04-22-2010 19:10 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

quote:
Yeah it makes sence, i was just giving the most overpowered one as an example to say.. itd be nice to get something new but if there coming more and more then obviously this big one is coming more and people are going to be flying

It would be better if the rate of night of heroes didn't increase but the others did. It would just be nice to see the game changing for a day or even a few hours on a weekly or even fortnightly basis, randomly. Something to step up the interest in the game.

That said, we are massively offtopic, so I'll say still thumbs down for me.

EZLN

04-22-2010 19:14 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

quote:
If theres a less chance of it going on then why would you make effort to give ideas for it?

Well even if it comes on just once in the next year i'll be happy because i know i've contributed an idea to this game which will benefit players.

04-22-2010 19:31 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Nerakai

images/avatars/avatar-668.jpeg

Registration Date: 01-27-2010
Clan: I-end-I

i actually wish there was a special event for holidays like halloween and christmas and stuff Big Grin

I LOVE MY BRICK!

04-22-2010 20:16 Nerakai is offline Search for Posts by Nerakai Add Nerakai to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Murderous

quote:
@murderous could you put some of these aracana's up??

I would but then my post would just be one massive long list where as the other posts are already there Tongue

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

04-23-2010 09:18 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Sort of a new server event idea

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH