Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Buckfast!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Buckfast!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

Attention Buckfast!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now I myself am a respectable young hooligan from Ireland, and a few years ago i discovered a wine called buckfast. Just like my predecessors, they coukldnt stand it at first, but afetr a while the caffeine and alcohol combination roved unbeatbabable.

Does anyone else drink it or is it just irish eproeple?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 07-05-2008 23:57.

07-05-2008 23:43 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've never seen that here in UK, but someone mentioned as a thing from the past. What is it actually?
Btw, hooligan? Evil Mad

07-05-2008 23:49 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Thread Starter Thread Started by Artoir.
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

EDIT ok the link didnt work butr heres the wiki link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckfast_Tonic_Wine

Its basically a very ery cheap wine thats quite strong (15%) and has a very high caffeine content.

Quite popular amongst young thugs such as myesel (i kid).

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 07-05-2008 23:56.

07-05-2008 23:49 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
malooga.

Registration Date: 05-21-2008

It is available in the uk diablo, they sell it in the tesco here. (Luton)

Never had it mind, more a carlsberg guy. I'm 36 too so i'm too old lol
07-06-2008 00:14 malooga. is offline Search for Posts by malooga. Add malooga. to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

lol, I'm on Chateau de Sainsburys Big Grin

07-06-2008 00:38 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeh we sell it at Tesco Royston where I have my saturday job (And where I met Fish, ex-lead singer of the almighty Marillion)

Personally I think it is swill, I wouldn't let my dogs drink it (Well they'd get drunk Tongue )

I like proper ale myself, real booze... and homemade stuff such as Sloe Gin

Your imperfection.
07-06-2008 01:16 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Buckfast will save the world Smile

It is sold in the uk, but is mostly bought in scotland and N.Ireland. The Buckfast in the south of Ireland is slightly weaker and different in colour but is sold only in 1lr bottles compared to the usual 350ml and 700 ml

What else can i say, i love it Big Grin
07-06-2008 05:04 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Nhan Ho
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Source

BUCKFAST!!!!Big Grin
DAMN THATS GOOD!!!!!
Tesco see it everyday Big Grin

I LOVE THAT STUFF!!!!!Big Grin

Remember The Name...

07-06-2008 08:42 Nhan Ho is offline Search for Posts by Nhan Ho Add Nhan Ho to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@hotmail.co.uk YIM Account Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for Nhan Ho
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

looks pretty good, cant say iv tasted it thoagh, i cant get alchohol thoagh Crying so normally im on relentless/red bull Big Grin

nhan... you sound like your addicted to it...considering ur 14 thats not good Tongue
07-06-2008 11:27 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
honorus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-30-2008

Hmm sounds like vodka red bulls to me which (i dont know about anyone else but) give me the worst hang overs in the world Frown

07-06-2008 11:44 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Really? Vodka is clear, you shouldn't get hangovers from it, supposedly it is actually impossible to get one from gin... my mate proved that wrong.

You all sound like alcheys Tongue

Your imperfection.
07-06-2008 11:46 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

where not all alcheys, where havin a decent conversation about one of lifes finaries Wink
it does sound a bit like a vodka red bull, or an alcoholic coffee, perfect for a night out anyway
07-06-2008 11:52 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Nah. See pubs are fartoo expensive, wheat beer from Lidl for 1.50 a pint! Only need a few bottles to knowck you off your feet... it's not that it is too strong 5.1% I think, but it is the fact it goes straight to your head!

Stroch (Can't spell it, Polish Vodka) is a killer, 80% I believe.

But nah, I don't like Vodka, love coffee, don't like the two together, and Buckfast don't taste very good in my opinion, but like I said, I can no longer drink much due to rheumatic shoulder meds

Your imperfection.
07-06-2008 11:55 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Nhan Ho
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2008
Clan: Source

VODKA IS NICE TOO Big Grin
I had it, taste nice Big Grin
Especially flavoured ones Big Grin Wink
apple vodka something like that, but drink only 4% vodka, too strong if moreWink

Remember The Name...

07-06-2008 11:57 Nhan Ho is offline Search for Posts by Nhan Ho Add Nhan Ho to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@hotmail.co.uk YIM Account Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for Nhan Ho
Raxis
Set Abominae

Not really Vodka, more a cider then.

I can't stand Alcopops, or anything which is manufactured thoroughly, I do not like commercial booze Tongue

Your imperfection.
07-06-2008 12:01 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Clan: -END-

vodka an redbull definatly give me the worst hangovers.

@Raxis i to hate alcopops and the like.damn drinks for the spice boys and fairys if u ask me.

its usually bulmers and maybe bud for me and usualy in large quantitys Tongue
07-06-2008 12:51 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

nah. if I drink mainstream it's gotta be Carlsberg and Lime, that is such a nice combo, two bitter tastes blended takes away the bitterness a little, why, no one knows, but it is damn nice!

Hoegarden, Rochbaren, Brahma, Cobra and Grilsch aren't so bad either

Your imperfection.
07-06-2008 12:57 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Clan: [-END-]

Apple flavored Vodka isn't a cider. There is a Polish Vodka that is flavored of apples. It is bar fair THE nicest flavored Vodka around. (can't remember the name sry, gonna look it up now.) But neat vodka is the best.

(((This might be the one I am thinking of, mixed with Apple Juice, hence my confusion of apple flavored. My Polish ex showed me this a while ago... http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/nlp...php?prodid=1183

There is also a Toffee flavored drink shown on that site, Todka, wouldn't mind trying that)))

It's the Taurine and Caffeine in Redbull that when mixed with Vodka that gives you the bad hangover. Esp is you start to notice you have like, jitters, hand shaking, cold sweat that kind of thing.

Buckfast is drank a lot in Dublin as a day drink in brown paper bags. I know a lot of drug dealers, homeless alcos, down and outs that drink it. Not condemning here or anything. I drank it once, it wasn't bad.

I'm older now so drink Lager when I drink. Atm am enjoying Bavaria (premium). It's cheap, as it's import, but nicer than Carlsbarg and Heineken. It's like €9 for 6 premium cans. €7 for 6 of the standard.

It's actually older than Carlsberg, and you wouldn't beleive but Carlsberg was originally a failed attempt at making Bavaria.

When it comes to wine and such though, I prefer proper wine. Something like Dao Garrafera, from Portugal, beautfiul wine.

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Serafine: 07-06-2008 14:58.

07-06-2008 14:53 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
NatashaW

Registration Date: 07-05-2008

We can get it up in Sheffield in a couple of shops. Discovered it a few months ago.
07-06-2008 15:24 NatashaW is offline Search for Posts by NatashaW Add NatashaW to your Buddy List
blackcat
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-11-2008
Clan: end

no me myself wouldnt go for vodka if i was out more a heiniken man myself

archimage on underworld riddler on necro
07-06-2008 15:32 blackcat is offline Search for Posts by blackcat Add blackcat to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-10-2008

i can't stand vodka iether. give me a nice tall glass with rum and coke or even a beer and i'll b happy Big Grin

Demon Lord is my tattoo and will show it can b used succesfully
07-06-2008 16:42 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
Yrgwillion

Registration Date: 06-06-2008

Actually, the best choice would be a single malt whiskey, drunk from a whiskey glass with just a few drops of water added to enhance the flavour.
07-06-2008 17:08 Yrgwillion is offline Search for Posts by Yrgwillion Add Yrgwillion to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Well as far as I'm concerned Guinness is the best ale (stout really) that man has created. Stowford's Press is the finest cider. French & Italian wine are the best grapes (especially Champagne - I am a champagne whore!), and a very old port is the best thing as a night-cap Pleased
If I drink anything else, and I have done in the past, it was purely to get blotto. Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
07-06-2008 22:57 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

nice choice, i love guinness, and harp Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AudatiousTitan: 07-06-2008 23:18.

07-06-2008 22:59 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Wow my drunken slurs really brought out the alcoholic tendencies didnt it Tongue

Na its nothing like coffee and vodka, its just a caffenated wine that's all

07-06-2008 23:17 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
AudatiousTitan
Lord

No, its clas and u kno it xD
07-06-2008 23:19 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Class indeed, just clarifying it has no similarities to "coffee and vodka"

07-06-2008 23:29 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

The ultimate posh drink is Reme Martin

Your imperfection.
07-07-2008 00:56 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Buckfast!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH