Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Gangster Thoughtcatcher help » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gangster Thoughtcatcher help 5 Votes - Average Rating: 7.805 Votes - Average Rating: 7.805 Votes - Average Rating: 7.80
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Gangster Thoughtcatcher help Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Im going to try and be one and was wondering what everyone elses thoughts were on what equipment to use?

Im aiming to be a high defence, high HP gangster with high damage, doesnt have to be amazing amount of crits

Was thinking to try and finish off with...

Deadly Helmet of the Shepherd(Precog later on)
Hunters Vest of the Assassin
P+1 Kilt of the shep
2 x leg 1h guns, Glocks > Uzis > Scorps

No idea on what sort of jewlerry, could dream of Titanium of the bat but dont know if that will be possible for a while lol

If you think it should be done differently then please say i am not afraid of constructive criticism but please dont say go Gunman as that aint going to happen its been done many times before and i wanna do somet different

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 04-29-2011 14:43.

04-29-2011 14:43 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If you want high def for stomping mellee then this would be great.

Runic Head of "perception"
Runic "armour" of assassin/deathsower/speed/master/fencer/pretty much anything
P+1 runic kilt

Massive defence and awesome luck to help hit and with crits coupled with your dodge works a treat.

As for jewells you could always use basic titanium for stomping mellee as you get even more defence.

Weapons are pretty generic.

High perc, you will NEVER beat a gunman at this game as a gangster unless you get insane defence + twisted set and simply outlast them.

If you want this style of play (tanky gunman) i would highly reccommend that you go collector instead as the bonuses are better from the tattoo.

If you want to go against snipers that ignore your defence then you need to stack some sever toughness which means Tigers or bulletproof (tigers being useless as you need def) so that leaves bulletproof that also gives dodge guns.

So for gunners you want bullet proof set + titanium/twisted.

For expos you want your setup that you listed but you will lack damage campared to that of a collector or gunman.

Hope this helps Smile

EDIT: you will also get a ton of you HP from majesty to go with your defence. Runic armour is difficult to make but worth it in the long run if this is what you want to do Smile

EDIT#2: Runic mask of sun/precog. (punishment effect or you could go P+1 runic circlet if you go for P+1 runic kilt of dodges)

Runic vest of assassin/master (tossup between damage and defence)

P+1 runic kilt (damage + defence or you could go Runic shorts/kilt of dodges for defence + punishment or shepherd if you want the perc)

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Paranoia: 04-29-2011 15:00.

04-29-2011 14:56 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Firetrap
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ah, i never thought of a runic of xxx set, wouldnt be able to equip for a long long time but defo worth looking into sooner to get pieces ready.

As for the tattoo... well you just totally screwed with my plan lol, i never even contemplated going collector, didnt even look at it. Collector does have some nice advantages but id lose dodge and +30 character defence

04-29-2011 15:05 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Dodge is capped at 25% last i checked and you can reach that with with the twisted set Wink

the 2 best collectors i have seen are cesarz (undisputed) and nndugnu (biggest pain in my rectum attack kit ever)... if you want to know more about it speak to them Smile

quote:

Smile

04-29-2011 15:07 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Would they actually be up to listening to a "newb" and helping out?

04-29-2011 15:10 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
Dodge is capped at 25% last i checked and you can reach that with with the twisted set Wink

the 2 best collectors i have seen are cesarz (undisputed) and nndugnu (biggest pain in my rectum attack kit ever)... if you want to know more about it speak to them Smile

Wrong. Dodge is higher. But a twisted set is nearly the only set for a gangster. As solar takes off all defence. Iv been trying gangster for years lol
04-29-2011 15:14 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

So...

Runic of xxx set
Twisted set
2 leg scorps

Does anyone do finance on these things as im sure thats going to cost around 1 billion ss Tongue

How about hawks?

To be fair the more i look at collector the more gangster seems viable as one, the +90 to hit is a very nice addition, as said twisted will give dodge and collector gives +30% hp and taking majesty into account at a higher level this could potentially be amazing and the fact i can much about with ranged with tats working is always good and should help stop things getting boring

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 04-29-2011 15:25.

04-29-2011 15:19 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Hawks is good but more expensive. It gives perc and dmg. But twisted gibes perc and dmg
04-29-2011 15:24 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

I cant find on tutorial the cap of dodge

Just realised also with tats working and my +10 luck arcana ill have 20 luck with level 5 tats as a collector.

So is it even worth my attempting to use guns untill act 2 when i can use leg ones? Should i go assassin or somet untill level 50 or better to build all collector tats to level 5 ready for when i am act 2

EDIT: I do beleive i just found out the maximum amount of dodge is 30%

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 04-29-2011 15:30.

04-29-2011 15:28 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

I'm doing it that way. I'm assassin building up a gangster gear fir ab eventual change
04-29-2011 15:44 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
stonemake

Registration Date: 11-04-2009

I think you would be intersted this:Gangster

04-29-2011 16:26 stonemake is offline Search for Posts by stonemake Add stonemake to your Buddy List
ilovelhx

images/avatars/avatar-973.jpg

Registration Date: 04-08-2011

quote:
If you want high def for stomping mellee then this would be great.

Runic Head of "perception"
Runic "armour" of assassin/deathsower/speed/master/fencer/pretty much anything
P+1 runic kilt

Massive defence and awesome luck to help hit and with crits coupled with your dodge works a treat.

As for jewells you could always use basic titanium for stomping mellee as you get even more defence.

Weapons are pretty generic.

High perc, you will NEVER beat a gunman at this game as a gangster unless you get insane defence + twisted set and simply outlast them.

If you want this style of play (tanky gunman) i would highly reccommend that you go collector instead as the bonuses are better from the tattoo.

If you want to go against snipers that ignore your defence then you need to stack some sever toughness which means Tigers or bulletproof (tigers being useless as you need def) so that leaves bulletproof that also gives dodge guns.

So for gunners you want bullet proof set + titanium/twisted.

For expos you want your setup that you listed but you will lack damage campared to that of a collector or gunman.

Hope this helps Smile

EDIT: you will also get a ton of you HP from majesty to go with your defence. Runic armour is difficult to make but worth it in the long run if this is what you want to do Smile

EDIT#2: Runic mask of sun/precog. (punishment effect or you could go P+1 runic circlet if you go for P+1 runic kilt of dodges)

Runic vest of assassin/master (tossup between damage and defence)

P+1 runic kilt (damage + defence or you could go Runic shorts/kilt of dodges for defence + punishment or shepherd if you want the perc)

P+1 runic kilt on gangster? seriously? Gangster has max. 50 defense cap on head and legs so pointless without solar set (with solar set defense from runic = 0)

Twisted set is also pointless on Gangster due to max. 30% dodge cap.

Imho best mid lvl Gangster build is:

P. Bandana of Caution / Precognition (+1)
P. Cape of Speed (+1)
P. Kilt (blank) / Sun / Shepard (+1)
and Solar set (preffered P. +1)

Dodge from tatto combined with Thoughtcatchers Majesty gies you all the survival you need.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ilovelhx: 04-29-2011 16:32.

04-29-2011 16:31 ilovelhx is offline Search for Posts by ilovelhx Add ilovelhx to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

I have always said hunters of speed and nobody listens. They say you will have 0 crit but the tattoo has 0 crit anyway and the speed will give the 4 attacks back the gunman tattoo gives. And will also give extra perc
04-29-2011 16:58 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

quote:
Originally posted by ilovelhx
P+1 runic kilt on gangster? seriously? Gangster has max. 50 defense cap on head and legs so pointless without solar set (with solar set defense from runic = 0)

Twisted set is also pointless on Gangster due to max. 30% dodge cap.

Imho best mid lvl Gangster build is:

P. Bandana of Caution / Precognition (+1)
P. Cape of Speed (+1)
P. Kilt (blank) / Sun / Shepard (+1)
and Solar set (preffered P. +1)

Dodge from tatto combined with Thoughtcatchers Majesty gies you all the survival you need.
True, that's a very good setup, hawks set of jewellery could be used as an alternative if someone want's to retain defence, and have reputation necessary for attacks. I was also thinking about getting P+1 deadly items(sufixed with all the best stuff) + titanium set of bat/talent which would be good for defending due to high charisma bonuses.

quote:
IGN: Atomos

04-29-2011 17:55 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Registration Date: 01-11-2010

Rightyo my old pride the gangster, I wish I'd not sodded up with Raxis.

If you do it based on averages then the dodge balances out vs gunman.

Hunter's and speed is a great combo, but I preferred Hunter's with a damage pump suffix. Hawks is a gangster dream -nearly said paradise- And twisted isn't bad. Focus on two set ups, one being a tank set up, the other a damage dealer

And wash away my innocence and fear
04-29-2011 19:07 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Noumenon
twisted isn't bad
Twisted is bad, most of it's potential is wasted if it's used by Gangster because: http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?title=Effects#Dodge
quote:
Dodge

Maximum dodge is 30%

* dodge ±x % - decreases your opponent's chance to hit you. It is included directly in chance to hit resulting from hit parameter of weapons and parameters of both characters.
* dodge against guns ±x % - ditto, but applies to guns.
* dodge against melee weapons ±x % - ditto, but applies to melee weapons.
* dodge against ranged weapons ±x % - ditto, but applies to ranged weapons.
stones spent on twisted could be used in a much more efficient way.

quote:

04-29-2011 19:14 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Undivisible
quote:
Originally posted by Noumenon
twisted isn't bad
Twisted is bad, most of it's potential is wasted if it's used by Gangster because: http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?title=Effects#Dodge
quote:
Dodge

Maximum dodge is 30%

* dodge ±x % - decreases your opponent's chance to hit you. It is included directly in chance to hit resulting from hit parameter of weapons and parameters of both characters.
* dodge against guns ±x % - ditto, but applies to guns.
* dodge against melee weapons ±x % - ditto, but applies to melee weapons.
* dodge against ranged weapons ±x % - ditto, but applies to ranged weapons.
stones spent on twisted could be used in a much more efficient way.

Twisted is bad? Solar is good but terrible for a gangster as it zeros your defence which is the gangsters bonus so wont be going for that set for my main set up, maybe when im level 70 and rich i might get a set for high perc mobs

04-30-2011 14:01 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Twisted isn't bad. The dodge is capped but it still gives dmg and perc and maxs out your dodge.

Hawks is a good choice for dmg and perc aswell
04-30-2011 14:06 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

just thought id add this in here while everyone is moaning about 30% dodge....

Urchin`s senses

LEVEL 1: 1000 PoP, 1 bloodstone
Traits: dodge +5 %

LEVEL 2: 2000 PoP, 1 heartstone
Traits: dodge +10 %

LEVEL 3: 3000 PoP, 1 lifestone
Traits: dodge +15 %

LEVEL 4: 4000 PoP, 1 mergestone
Traits: dodge +20 %

LEVEL 5: 5000 PoP, 1 soulstone
Traits: dodge +25 %

Good Hawk`s Bracelet (+5) CLOSE

Ring
Effects: CHARISMA +14, REPUTATION +6, PERCEPTION +18, chance to hit with melee weapons -31, damage of all weapons increased by 1 for every 4 levels, dodge +6 %

25% + 6% =31%... hawks set is the best choice over twisted as it maxes your dodge , gives massive damage and sexy perc + rep

quote:

Smile

04-30-2011 14:34 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Is hawks just as hard to merge and just as expensive as solar?

04-30-2011 15:05 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

harder and more expensive

PLASTIC + Black = Hawk
INSIDIOUS + Black = Hawk
INSIDIOUS + Hawk = Hawk
SOLAR + Arachnid = Hawk
SOLAR + Hawk = Hawk
ARACHNID + Black = Hawk
ARACHNID + Solar = Hawk
HAWK + Insidious = Hawk
HAWK + Solar = Hawk
BLACK + Arachnid = Hawk
BLACK + Insidious = Hawk
BLACK + Plastic = Hawk

quote:

Smile

04-30-2011 15:29 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Hmmm, rofl much? Think i might stick with twisted for now lol

Would this work?

Bulletproof Helmet of Shepherd/Precog
Bulletproof Cape of the somet or other? Help there please
Twisted Chain
Twisted Signet
Twisted Signet
Bulletproof Kilt of the Sun for the app
2 leg guns

04-30-2011 15:37 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

Bulletproof give only toughness, the dodge bonus from full set you can't use because twisted have already 25% dodge Wink

you can use Bloody set... you gain at good:
+11 HP per hit (8hit*11hp=88 HP per round)
armor and shorts give defence
shorts give light reputation
most important is bonus - 20 perception

for armor, xxx cape of assassins from beginning and after that go for speed, death sower or orchid need too much strength and you don't have it..

04-30-2011 17:37 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

I just realize:

the dodge is like critical hits, there is difference of the stats...
and if you have 80 perception and the opponent have 100 perception the dodge is ~0, and if you have +30% dodge is like you have 80*1.3=104 perception and now you have a lite more chance to dodge...

i am right or it's calculate some other way ?

if i am right then you can have +80% plus to chance for dodge but final result of dodge calculating must be no more that 30%

can someone explain the dodge calculating with understandably words Happy

04-30-2011 21:07 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

Think its actually differenet as a % dodge gives dodges and feints and a hitting stats dodge is just a dodge

Think its basically 30% dodge is say 100 attacks against you 30 theoretically* should be dodges and feints.

* Theoretically due to RnG being nice or nasty ofcourse

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
04-30-2011 21:31 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
ilovelhx

quote:

Urchin`s senses

Ring
Effects: CHARISMA +14, REPUTATION +6, PERCEPTION +18, chance to hit with melee weapons -31, damage of all weapons increased by 1 for every 4 levels, dodge +6 %

25% + 6% =31%... hawks set is the best choice over twisted as it maxes your dodge , gives massive damage and sexy perc + rep

it's 6% dodge (but only 5% working) and 1 dmg / 4 lvl (from Hawk's) -vs- 2 attacks per weapon and +13 dmg (from solar)

imo Solars > Hawk's in every way

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ilovelhx: 04-30-2011 22:26.

04-30-2011 22:25 ilovelhx is offline Search for Posts by ilovelhx Add ilovelhx to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

quote:
quote:

Urchin`s senses

Ring

it's 6% dodge (but only 5% working) and 1 dmg / 4 lvl (from Hawk's) -vs- 2 attacks per weapon and +13 dmg (from solar)

Why loose out on defence when having solar. Gangster is defence tattoo
05-01-2011 01:52 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

ilovelhx - you forgot about reputation... in attack is very nice +1000HP Wink
amulet at G+5 - REPUTATION +21
ring at G+2 - REPUTATION +7
at perfect set you have ~35 bonus to reputation - nice bost

05-01-2011 09:56 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

well i personally like this sexy item Smile

Perfect Hawk`s Chain (+1) CLOSE

Amulet
Effects: CHARISMA -5, REPUTATION +46, PERCEPTION +24, chance to hit with melee weapons -42, damage of all weapons increased by 1 for every 4 levels, dodge +6 %

.... rep is great and hawks does helpp more than solar in expos against high def mobs... whats the point in 2 extra attacks if there only hitting for 2 damage?

quote:

Smile

05-01-2011 11:10 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
ilovelhx

quote:

Amulet
Effects: CHARISMA -5, REPUTATION +46, PERCEPTION +24, chance to hit with melee weapons -42, damage of all weapons increased by 1 for every 4 levels, dodge +6 %

.... rep is great and hawks does helpp more than solar in expos against high def mobs... whats the point in 2 extra attacks if there only hitting for 2 damage?

joke right? ;]

80 lvl Gangster with Solar -vs- Gangster with Hawk's on expo / siege with my item setup

Solar:

Dmg 4 dmg / 4 lvl (Kilt / Cape / Bandana / Tatoo) = 80 dmg
18 dmg from Wisdom
9 dmg Tatoo
avarage 30 dmg from Scorpion
avarage 6 dmg from bandana
20 dmg form Majesty
13 dmg from Solar

18 attacks (10 scorpions / 4 speed / 4 solar)

Avarage 228 x 18 (dmg / per round)

Hawk's:

Dmg 5 dmg / 4 lvl
18 dmg from Wisdom
9 dmg Tatoo
20 dmg form Majesty

14 attacks

Avarage 237 x 14 (dmg / per round)

05-01-2011 13:03 ilovelhx is offline Search for Posts by ilovelhx Add ilovelhx to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

quote:
quote:

Amulet

joke right? ;]

80 lvl Gangster with Solar -vs- Gangster with Hawk's on expo / siege with my item setup

Solar:

18 dmg from Wisdom
9 dmg Tatoo
20 dmg form Majesty
13 dmg from Solar

Hawk's:

Dmg 5 dmg / 4 lvl
18 dmg from Wisdom
9 dmg Tatoo
20 dmg form Majesty

14 attacks

To be fair i think your the joke here how can you give an average damage when your not compairing players? you have NO idea what a full gangster with the right eqe can do because nobody on here has done it yet, everybody goes gunman because they see +2 attacks from the tattoos and nobody wants to try anything new, they see what Diablo used to do and everybodys like OH EM GEE M8 I LUV DIABLO AND HIZ GUNZ CAN I PLOX B LIEK HIM NAOW?!

Not a rip into Diablo he was a clear epic gunman, im just saying here everybody seems to go for the easy option here and gangster is NOT an easy option to do right
05-01-2011 13:10 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
quote:

Amulet

joke right? ;]

Solar:

18 dmg from Wisdom
9 dmg Tatoo
20 dmg form Majesty
13 dmg from Solar

Hawk's:

Dmg 5 dmg / 4 lvl
18 dmg from Wisdom
9 dmg Tatoo
20 dmg form Majesty

14 attacks

Ok ... so now you put both of those gangsters into a fight.... the one using hawks will do MUCH more damage than the one using solar due to the fact that the one using solar has no defence and the one using hawks can have 300+....

As i have tried to explain to many people in the past... ITS NOT ALL ABOUT DAMAGE.

quote:

Smile

05-01-2011 13:36 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

quote:

Not in ambushes I'm afraid Wink .
quote:
Ok ... so now you put both of those gangsters into a fight.... the one using hawks will do MUCH more damage than the one using solar due to the fact that the one using solar has no defence and the one using hawks can have 300+....

As i have tried to explain to many people in the past... ITS NOT ALL ABOUT DAMAGE.
Guns damage is reduced only by toughness Wink , and BKs won't mind much, you would have to use titanium set to make a significant difference.
quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
Hmmm, rofl much? Think i might stick with twisted for now lol

Would this work?

Bulletproof Helmet of Shepherd/Precog
Bulletproof Cape of the somet or other? Help there please
Twisted Chain
Twisted Signet
Twisted Signet
Bulletproof Kilt of the Sun for the app
2 leg guns
On R2PL I'm using:
deadly bandana of shepherd (+5)
hunters suit of guardsman (+4)
hawks tie (+5)
2x good rings of the bat
good shorts of shepherd (+3)
2x legendary good scorpios (+1)

and I'm a happy 66 level gangster Big Grin , that setup gives a lot more perception and damage, and it's cheaper.
You could also use hypnotising/archaic amulet(it should be an amulet since rings of the bat reduce and require some apperance) deadly cap of shepherd, and any other hunters armor with sufix that boosts damage, you'd just have to watch out for apperance.

EDIT: I'm also using anti melee tank setup(titanium set + field vest of fencer + deadly circlet of punishment + compound shorts) Big Grin

quote:

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Undivisible: 05-01-2011 14:27.

05-01-2011 13:38 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Registration Date: 01-11-2010

I was lvl 70 when I packed it in before. Now I feel hawks is better than solar for gangsters for 1 or 2 reasons. 1) You aren't pretending to be a gunman, 2) Because 5% extra dodge + Rep is more likely to keep you alive than glass cannoning. A gangster survives.

But it's a harder path, needing set ups for anti gun and anti melee

EDIT: Interesting as a combo is Cursed One gangster

And wash away my innocence and fear

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Noumenon: 05-01-2011 19:23.

05-01-2011 19:21 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Ok so im none the wiser on what im going to do whether its collector or gangster.

Now does anyone know of any clans where they have a good range of 1h gunners that will accept someone as low as 2 points? Would like to be somewhere that doesnt mind pointing someone in the right direction

05-02-2011 15:51 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

nowhere.

every clan claims to help the smaller players but none actually do Wink unless you make friends with a few people
05-02-2011 15:53 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

I need somewhere with lower players aswell as the higher experienced players, i joined a clan before as a noob and took me ages to get my badges because the higher people made mobs maaaaaajoosive and there wasnt any smaller players that were active enough to get a consistent growth

05-02-2011 15:55 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

gangster have two advantages over gunman:
Dodge and being able to have nice defense. Equipping solar takes away one of those advantages, if you want nice solar set and guns, make gunman instead.

Hawks packs all a gangster need, huge perception, reputation and damage bonus and even amplifies your major advantage dodge. For a gangster twisted set is like poor-mans version of hawk's.

Titanium jewelry is what you want to use when ambushing melee players, and for expos where you can get enough perception from other items. Titanium suffixed with pilgrim on neck and wisdom on fingers have nice damage boost also:

Perfect Titanium Tie of the Pilgrim
Amulet (Only for males)
Effects: CHARISMA +29, REPUTATION +3, APPEARANCE +10, STRENGTH +20, TOUGHNESS +21, KNOWLEDGE +23, STRENGTH +11, TOUGHNESS +31
Requirements: LEVEL: 85 (126), STRENGTH: 22 (32), APPEARANCE: 85 (126), CHARISMA: 31 (46)
Value: 42 800 Lgo
Value: Nanites 1195, Mana 4092

Perfect Titanium Bracelet of Wisdom (+1)
Ring
Effects: CHARISMA +33, REPUTATION -3, STRENGTH +11, character defence +23, KNOWLEDGE +17, STRENGTH +11, TOUGHNESS +31
Requirements: LEVEL: 70 (104), STRENGTH: 23 (33), APPEARANCE: 76 (113)
Value: 30 900 Lgo
Value: Nanites 835, Mana 3081

Total 57 knowledge ~ 19 damage thats the same damage bonus you get from hawks when you are level 76

/Edit:
No doubt as thoughtcatcher-gangster you can make a build that will be very hard to take down. Although i think TC is more suited for gunman, gunman have 1 disadvantage they are very fragile, majesty solves this issue and damage bonus is worth more on a gunman than on an gangster, ie more attacks means more benefit from bonus

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 05-03-2011 09:44.

05-03-2011 09:16 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Warlord

images/avatars/avatar-968.jpg

Registration Date: 03-16-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
Dodge and being able to have nice defense. Equipping solar takes away one of those advantages, if you want nice solar set and guns, make gunman instead.

Hawks packs all a gangster need, huge perception, reputation and damage bonus and even amplifies your major advantage dodge. For a gangster twisted set is like poor-mans version of hawk's.

Titanium jewelry is what you want to use when ambushing melee players, and for expos where you can get enough perception from other items. Titanium suffixed with pilgrim on neck and wisdom on fingers have nice damage boost also:

Amulet (Only for males)
Effects: CHARISMA +29, REPUTATION +3, APPEARANCE +10, STRENGTH +20, TOUGHNESS +21, KNOWLEDGE +23, STRENGTH +11, TOUGHNESS +31
Requirements: LEVEL: 85 (126), STRENGTH: 22 (32), APPEARANCE: 85 (126), CHARISMA: 31 (46)

Ring
Effects: CHARISMA +33, REPUTATION -3, STRENGTH +11, character defence +23, KNOWLEDGE +17, STRENGTH +11, TOUGHNESS +31

Total 57 knowledge ~ 19 damage thats the same damage bonus you get from hawks when you are level 76

/Edit:
No doubt as thoughtcatcher-gangster you can make a build that will be very hard to take down. Although i think TC is more suited for gunman, gunman have 1 disadvantage they are very fragile, majesty solves this issue and damage bonus is worth more on a gunman than on an gangster, ie more attacks means more benefit from bonus

Thanks for advice on equip, them items are nice but way outta my league for now but somet to aim for. What abouts tats, Would you say go gangster rather than collector?

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

05-03-2011 13:42 Warlord is offline Search for Posts by Warlord Add Warlord to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Warlord
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
Originally posted by Warlord
quote:
Originally posted by dooz

Amulet (Only for males)

Ring

/Edit:

Thanks for advice on equip, them items are nice but way outta my league for now but somet to aim for. What abouts tats, Would you say go gangster rather than collector?

erm.... arent you 2000+ points mr warlord?

quote:

Smile

05-03-2011 13:48 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Gangster Thoughtcatcher help

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH