Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » the » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page the
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
diochawolper
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 06-14-2007
Race in game: Absorber

the Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

has anyone else noticed there is now an the in suffixes?

Mystic Knife of THE Leader

Elegant Hard hat of THE Prophet

Ring of THE Fox

maybe part of new patch Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by diochawolper: 08-08-2008 19:24.

08-08-2008 10:00 diochawolper is offline Search for Posts by diochawolper Add diochawolper to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah but only where it is correct, e.g it is still hat of adrenaline

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
08-08-2008 10:05 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
diochawolper
Forum Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by diochawolper
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yes, i also found there is an new item called dinner jacket
08-08-2008 10:07 diochawolper is offline Search for Posts by diochawolper Add diochawolper to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

yeah just noticed myself its the old suit

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
08-08-2008 10:07 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-208.gif

Registration Date: 06-20-2008
Clan: TIG

Dinner jackets in the auction... thought it was super rare so i bid on it, then noticed these 'the's .... make them sound sooo less kewl!!!!

EDIT- Nope, the suit & dinner jacket r both in the shop????

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude: 08-08-2008 10:15.

08-08-2008 10:10 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
diochawolper
Forum Ace

i dont think so, becuase in shop you can still buy suit and it looks different + it gives defferent effects
08-08-2008 10:11 diochawolper is offline Search for Posts by diochawolper Add diochawolper to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

Tuxedo is now Suit, and Suit is now Dinner Jacket, i'm sure this cause a lot of annoyance with people planning on merging something.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
08-08-2008 10:18 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

Dagger of the Suicide??? This is clearly wrong and sounds stupid anyway. They should change it back...

08-08-2008 10:23 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Lol - this is getting silly - imagine my vampire self:-

A 12 twelve foot tall beast with tentacles streaming from a gaping hole were a mouth should be & eyes as black as obsidian. Perched on my head is a builder's hard hat, and draped around my shoulders is a cape, beneath its flapping length I am clad in shorts and various items of jewelry... and not much else!

Now I'm expected to swap my cape for a dinner-jacket? Man, I am one stylish, yet frightening looking f**k-up! Tongue Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
08-08-2008 10:24 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
diochawolper
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by God_Like_Friend
Tuxedo is now Suit, and Suit is now Dinner Jacket, i'm sure this cause a lot of annoyance with people planning on merging something.

not to mention the merge list
08-08-2008 10:27 diochawolper is offline Search for Posts by diochawolper Add diochawolper to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008
Race in game: Cultist

quote:
Originally posted by Evil-Eoin
Dagger of the Suicide??? This is clearly wrong and sounds stupid anyway. They should change it back...

agreed and maybe xxx of the long range aswell?
just wat i think
08-08-2008 11:29 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

quote:
Originally posted by Aidensixx
quote:
Originally posted by Evil-Eoin

agreed and maybe xxx of the long range aswell?
just wat i think

same here which is why i posted it in translation mistakes.
they are not nouns therefore they do not need a 'the'
08-08-2008 11:31 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

The Abosorber arcana has changed too!!

'Power absorption' instead of 'Absorb power'

And the second should have a capitol... theres a lot more changed things and you no which has been changed kus there are a few words with capitols and some with none???

08-08-2008 15:05 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Clan: Source/TFE

quote:
Originally posted by diochawolper
quote:
Originally posted by God_Like_Friend

not to mention the merge list

Inno thats a shame all that work
And I mean come on:
"Ooh look what i found an Elvish Cape"
"Hey look what I found a Dinner-Jacket of Speed"

Is it me or does this not sound right or cool Cool

08-08-2008 15:54 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

No Dinner-Jacket of speed. I'dd rather say tux of speed Tongue

Also why have they done this? I mean if it ain't broke don't fix it

Your imperfection.
08-08-2008 15:56 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

lol

Its to show off how fast u can eat.. obviusly!!!

Tongue

08-08-2008 16:04 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Raxis
Set Abominae

Obviously. One extra attack per knife/fork/spoon

OMG imagine that at a formal dinner where you have like ten sets of everything.... sixty+ attacks

Your imperfection.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raxis: 08-08-2008 16:06.

08-08-2008 16:06 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Platinum_avatar
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2008
Clan: TCR

Only just noticed this thread....

What are the blood wars team doing?!?!? They must be really, really REALLY, bored to come up with this.... I logged on this morning and thought wtf! what's happened?!?! Why would people do these things?

They haven't changed anything really, it just sounds a bit different... can they not think of implementing something worthwhile? We give them an entire thread thing of ideas, and what do they do, change all the names to annoy us, and stick 'the' in where its not needed, making it hard to say.....

I don't get it, please someone tell me I'm missing something

08-08-2008 18:46 Platinum_avatar is offline Search for Posts by Platinum_avatar Add Platinum_avatar to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

I would rather it have been changed to something useful and BETTER sounding, not worse!!

Like Chainmail Cape ... With the stats of both but the req. of both aded up??

08-08-2008 18:49 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-29-2007
Clan: DD

They were better before...

Dinner jacket? isn't that what an idiot would say in place of a tuxedo?

Also, my

Good knuckle duster of THE suicide.

What suicide?

Knife of THE leader is good, it makes it sound a bit better, but of the suicide? thats plain stupid.

http://deeperdimensions.forumotion.co.uk/

Clan friends and people looking for a clan very welcome, it's a forum not only for Deeper Dimensions but the active community of BW.

08-08-2008 18:56 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

id have preferred fights between players to gain honour
which might i add was due for june
im not offtopic here i hope im just adding to complaints about wat wed rather have had
08-08-2008 18:57 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Honour fights! Wow!

I'd want them to implement a tattoo for super powered bare hand fighting over this

Your imperfection.
08-08-2008 19:42 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

raxis they wont give us our suggestions before there own ideas
so lets get some of the updates listed for implementation first please before we start asking for anything else raxis
08-08-2008 19:48 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

I still want them. I never said to put it before anyhting else, but that would be my ideal tattoo set, because I love martial arts.... obviously not one of these who wishes he could do them, I actually enjoy them, and would like that to spill across to my character.

Your imperfection.
08-08-2008 19:55 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
Honour fights! Wow!

I'd want them to implement a tattoo for super powered bare hand fighting over this

actually you did unless im reading you wrong here
but yeah this is slightly off the topic raxis and into one of your threads
i think a poll would be good
who likes the new stuff who doesnt and who likes some of them
08-08-2008 19:57 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

I didn't finish the sentence :S *slaps head* I was teting my girlfriend mid process.

But yeh hehum, I have a thread about that, abd a tattoo for melee + 1H gun idea lol.... anyways, I think they have gone a little overboard with THE... change it back!

If there is that much stuff to do why the hell did they do this lol

Your imperfection.
08-08-2008 20:01 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

fair enuff
some of them are good others arent is what im getting from this thread in general tho
my guess is that they can then come back and make the little change to the new stuff later rather than having to do the whole game if you see what i mean
08-08-2008 20:03 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

I agree, a poll is needed on this.. Tho a 'few' things are better!!!

I stresed few kus there are like 3 things that are better as opposed to like million things that suck!!!

And i dont want the tux back!! The suit is enough!!!

I want a nu item... How about... Dunno what there called, but do u know those ancient gladiator greaves?? the ones tat go over one arm??

That would be a nice item!!

08-08-2008 20:03 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Raxis
Set Abominae

You mean Vambraces?

Your imperfection.
08-08-2008 20:05 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

if so thatd be a new set of items
08-08-2008 20:08 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

That what it is??

I no the roman glads. used it and so did many soldiers of the day!!!

08-08-2008 20:08 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Clan: Source/TFE

I think it's just that the BW Team have discovered the word the and are trying to use it as much as possibe have you noticed it's Report To The Operator now
and now it's not Hit +14 its chance to hit. and it's not HP not Hit Points and look at this:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=1ddff822e8
Is Slain on The Battlefield
Some of these changes are kinda good e.g.
Chance to Hit
Slain on Battlefield
and HP

but the others are pretty worthless and I think they have discovered a new word and are eager to use it because this is much more important than the pressing issues and promises they have already made personally I think this is outrageous we are promised one thing and they go off and do something else I mean come on get your priorities right! Evil

08-08-2008 20:48 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Vambraces. They are forearm protectors.

Funny I swear 'The' is one of 'the' Tongue first words that we are taught in school and that those who learn english as a second laguange are taught early too.

Give them this to chew on:

They made a mistake wen they made the sign for the Pig and Abbot pub restaurant, they left too big a gap between Pig and and and and and Abbot Tongue Check it. It is correct Big Grin

Your imperfection.
08-09-2008 01:47 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Clan: [-END-]

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
Vambraces. They are forearm protectors.

Funny I swear 'The' is one of 'the' Tongue first words that we are taught in school and that those who learn english as a second laguange are taught early too.

Give them this to chew on:

They made a mistake wen they made the sign for the Pig and Abbot pub restaurant, they left too big a gap between Pig and and and and and Abbot Tongue Check it. It is correct Big Grin

The Pig And Abbot, yes correct. (takes a minutes to count it).

But as for "the" being taught in schools. Well technically in German there 16 (minimum) forms of that. And English as a Foreign Language in Ireland needs a high lvl of Education to achieve Teacher status in. (not that high mind you)

This is possibly a mistake, similiar to a rollback (if an error was discovered), or perhaps a lead to the new integration of items with Legendary Prefix. So yes some are incorrect in the way they are used. So instead of Ranting, just point it out in Translation Mistakes. In the meantime, this close to a Patch Release that we all want, why not cut em some slack, they are handling at least 7 servers afterall.

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.
08-09-2008 02:50 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
Raxis
Set Abominae

Well that is their choice to handle seven servers. I dunno. First they cut our premium time via SMS, now they bastardise our language....

I know German has many forms of that, but that is not 'the'

Your imperfection.
08-09-2008 02:55 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Clan: [-END-]

True. And only tonight I realised another way they cripple the 14 day text thing. Armoury. But that is for a different thread.

All I am saying is, maybe its a lead up to the patch? Like, maybe the language doesn't translate properly. Cos god knows they don't employ a translator. (If I am mistaken in this, then please, SHOOT the translator)

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.
08-09-2008 03:11 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

And yet again, thanks BW team for telling us about the Dinner jacket. Well done. Will you ever learn?!

08-09-2008 03:40 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

I thought the dinner-jacket was a really rare item when I found it on a quest. was about to post it on the boards but messaged to my clan first. One of my members noted the change.
And yes, really messes up the merge list, i liked it better how it was. And the 'the' in front of some suffixs is just annoying. We got used to how it all was and now they changed it.
They could have at least put it up on the boards or used the 'new" button they have beside each version of the game this way we all wouldnt be confused about dinner-jackets and such.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

08-09-2008 05:48 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Aidensixx
Lord

reason they didnt was beacuase its such a minor change
even so its caused a big uproar about it
08-09-2008 09:20 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

in the future befor they make changes like this why not tell us/ask us?
it only takes minutes for someone like szeszej to say 'where gunna make these minor changes what do you think?' then well all say 'yes! do it' or 'no thats redicules' and then in a few days he checks the thread, and the dev team can then decide what to do
08-09-2008 12:31 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » the

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH