Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld when is crossbow usefull » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page when is crossbow usefull
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: TDK

Question when is crossbow usefull Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

(for the sake of simulation all attacks hits, of course for decision hitting chance must be taken into account)

I have just simulated my damage in ambush and expedition depending on defense between shuriken of reaction / composite bow of reaction and crossbow of reaction.

At my level 53, I can use due to my gear shuriken on good (7 attacks), crossbow and composite bow on +4 (3 and 4 attacks respectively).

Ambush
with reputation /charisma and buildings (hp ratio between settings), in ambush shuriken is good up to 226/240 defense(att/def), then composite bow, and crossbow from 312 defense

but at 226 def my damage per turn is 230 point so ambush will not be succesfull (neither in attack nor in defense) -> shuriken only viable range option right now.

Expedition
no building to help which change the results.
the change from shuriken to composite bow happens at 115 defense (a lot lower since shuriken requirement enables charisma / reputation gears)

composite bow to crossbow at 292 defense

Thens guns happens (sniper+5, good hunt riffle +4)
hunting riffle becomes advantageous from 204 defense / composite bow.
sniper riffle becomes advantageous from 249 defense / composite bow.
sniper riffle becomes advantageous from 293 defense / huntting riffle.

To sum up, crossbow is useless right now, vengeance suffixes removes tatoos and drive down hitting chance, so they aren't viable.

My main question is when do crossbows become interesting either in expedition or ambushes?
Are they still viable compare to heavy crossbows at those levels?
10-28-2011 17:50 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Golem expo?

To be honest I didn't read the thread only the topic title.
10-28-2011 18:51 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: TDK

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mlarinon
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

no golem expo is after my level but from projection heavy crossbows or snipper riffle are better

the problem with crossbows at my level is either too low ignore defense or not enough damage to be competitive with either guns or other range.

Another path would be lower requirements so that it could be used with more buffing gears.

From a level 53, I am asking the question to bigger players who can speak from experience rather than projection
10-28-2011 19:19 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Depends how you play and the items you get. If you can get the stats to hit some bigger mobs heavy xbow is good. Perc is easier to get with sniper having so high crit chance also.

So there is a kind of balance wheather people agree or not
10-28-2011 19:22 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld when is crossbow usefull

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH