Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » General Active Players, what can we do... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Active Players, what can we do... 7 Votes - Average Rating: 1.007 Votes - Average Rating: 1.007 Votes - Average Rating: 1.007 Votes - Average Rating: 1.007 Votes - Average Rating: 1.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-27-2011

Active Players, what can we do... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Devs/Mods, before you close this thread, please understand I am trying to start a discussion about ways the players can make this server (particularly Necropolis) better.
In this original post, I am only giving my opinion of an important and logical suggestion that was ignored/disliked by the Devs and the players for 3 years…
I know, to most, that should let me know not to discuss it on this forum, but if you will allow me to give my opinion and receive (negative & positive) feedback, I’ll try to come up with a different idea, and maybe other people will too.

And to be clear, I am not suggesting the Devs tweak the game at all.
I know each patch is applied to each server; therefore this suggestion should not be in any patch.

Is Blood Wars (the UK server) really the MMORPG you signed up for (is it what you expected/envisioned it to be)?

The UK server is basically a treasure hunt (quest) / monster hunt (expedition) game with little PvP, Clan vs. Clan action.
Most of us ambush/siege inactive players (to avoid retaliation).
Why? No one wants to win an ambush and resources, then lose those resources.
And since when is farming vacant accounts considered PvP?

I am not asking for clan sieges (where a significantly higher-points clan overtakes squares of a lower-points clan for the fun of it).

When you (if you…) read the Blood Wars game description, did you imagine yourself playing alone (doing quests and/or ambushing vacant accounts), after you joined a clan, 6 days a week without starting/joining an expedition / a siege?

My suggestion is very similar to Gendibal's (find him in Members and read his 2007 – 2010 posts) suggestion of a clan points cap.

I propose a 15-member clan limit (not limited by the game, only by the clan leaders who prefer to start 3+ expos daily and sieges) to have smaller, active clans with different clan points/levels.

Sieges would basically be won by equipment and not point/level differences.
I have no proof, but I believe two level 80 players can crush ten level 40 players (because level 80 has more HP, better gear, more blood points, etc) in a siege
…so even if points match, experience doesn’t.
If we can eliminate the elephant vs ant sieges, we may be able to have unpredictable (fair) sieges…

Back to my idea…clans consist of 15 members, could be sorted by levels:
- 15 level 75+ members
- 15 level 60-75 members
- 15 level 50-60 members
- 15 below level 50 members
or sort however you choose, could be sorted by friendships, etc

As far as clan items go, well I don’t know how that could be sorted...
I’d rather be in a clan with better expo/siege gear than better luck gear, especially since I’m an Absorber with Power of Blood.

Anyway, I know my suggestion is pretty bad, but if the player base doesn’t grow and continues to decrease, I think clans should split.
Offline and in-game friends shouldn’t “unfriend” each other because of an ambush …eliminate alliances too to open up the playing field
ambushing your friend is not serious enough to be considered betrayal...
If my friend (of equal points) attacks me using his own gear and wins, that's fair & fun imo...

a bit off-topic but will try to tie it in...
i read Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell in high school, and what i thought was unique were the wars between the 3 superstates: Eurasia, Oceania, Eastasia...
They switched alliances during each war... Eurasia and Oceania would fight against Eastasia, then Eurasia and Eastasia would fight against Oceania, then Oceania and Eastasia would fight against Eurasia...

That may seem boring to some, but I've never understood how besieging smaller clans is fun (just like besieging a vacant account is not fun, you're waiting on the timer to Finish, that's all)... you take a square without putting in any effort... so why not compete against clans within your points range so it'll be a nail-biting event?

if clans split, there would be more targets (in your points range, not how the game does it).

i think a lot of you would rather play until you're bored, let the server die, then quit instead of try to help increase the active player base...
you don't see any problems because you don't care...
but when someone like me complains, you see me as a problem because i'm not nonchalant and indifferent like you are...
i prefer to speak my mind before i get bored rather than wait until i'm bored and on the brink of quitting...

opinions?
suggestions?

and yes, this belongs in MishMash because it's about this server (more importantly, the players who make or break this server).

edit:
i was so off about two level 80 players vs ten level 40 players
check this out (from 2010): Nndungu (*) vs 15...
and that is why sieges aren't fun, although i'm sure that was a "mock" siege, not sure...

Also, i've been shown a few old threads about poh (points of honor) sieges...
my suggestion stems from a lack of ("fun") sieges ...not for poh

something else i didn't mention...
sieges should be based on Act...
Act 3 players vs. Act 3 players
Act 2 players vs Act 2 players
Act 1 players vs Act 1 players

Act 2 arcanas give an advantage over Act 1 players
Act 3 evo/enchantments give an advantage over Act 2 and 1 players
so this is also why it'd be a good idea to sort clans by level (for siege purposes)

and if a clan has 45 members of Act 2 and 3, break it down to 3 clans of 15, maybe a mixture of levels, and siege each other, post reports on the board ...those section have been lacking reports anyway

IGN: Son Of Sin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 02-10-2012 08:12.

02-10-2012 06:06 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Grevenet

Registration Date: 09-06-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Boot Camp

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not astounding from you . I'll reply quote by quote rather than making a plain reply .

quote:
I know, to most, that should let me know not to discuss it on this forum, but if you will allow me to give my opinion and receive (negative & positive) feedback, I’ll try to come up with a different idea, and maybe other people will too.

You're ignoring negative feedback by trying to forcing a road and by only seeing your own POV . Would you accept negative ones, I'd be more open-minded . You may think your idea can make the servers better, but it could end in being far worse than the good you expect/dream . Then is it logical ?

quote:
Is Blood Wars (the UK server) really the MMORPG you signed up for (is it what you expected/envisioned it to be)?

Some can be disappointed, others could be ok, and others expect it's not always like they would .

quote:
The UK server is basically a treasure hunt (quest) / monster hunt (expedition) game with little PvP, Clan vs. Clan action.
Most of us ambush/siege inactive players (to avoid retaliation).
Why? No one wants to win an ambush and resources, then lose those resources.
And since when is farming vacant accounts considered PvP?

I'm very small, yet I'm doing more than what you think the server is only doing . I do some PvP, my clan is embroiled in a two-group of ally war, and ambushing/siegeing inactive/less than active players isn't always for unretaliation but for resource looting . Easy to get Evolution Points by that way . I consider farming vacant accounts as PvP because it helps for " true " PvP .

What makes me sick is your idea of righteousness . It's too narrow-minded . Higher points clan are overtaking squares of lower points for easierness of not spending junk to build . And how to blame them ? Myself I can't . I join enough expeditions/sieges a week to feel not being fed up . I even took part of my first basilisk last week, even if it ended in a laughable failure Big Grin

quote:
I propose a 15-member clan limit (not limited by the game, only by the clan leaders who prefer to start 3+ expos daily and sieges) to have smaller, active clans with different clan points/levels.

Sieges would basically be won by equipment and not point/level differences.
I have no proof, but I believe two level 80 players can crush ten level 40 players (because level 80 has more HP, better gear, more blood points, etc) in a siege
…so even if points match, experience doesn’t.
If we can eliminate the elephant vs ant sieges, we may be able to have unpredictable (fair) sieges…

I wouldn't join a clan who makes such limitation . If I'm sometimes left aside, it's not an issue . I was very low in Moria FR1 with a former account and yet I was rewarded with a bigger account for my patience and willingess to sweat and bleeding WITHOUT any moaning . The clan where I am is welcoming everyone as long as they are active enough and volunteering . How to blame them to do Expos/Arenas within their bracket level often ? Other times everyone can apply, and so not much people complains . Democratic .

Sieges are sometimes won by point/level gaps, it's always part of, eliminating the unequal sieges would make it disappear as a game as it's not " democratic " . I haven't the same view of such word .

quote:
As far as clan items go, well I don’t know how that could be sorted...
I’d rather be in a clan with better expo/siege gear than better luck gear, especially since I’m an Absorber with Power of Blood.

Anyway, I know my suggestion is pretty bad, but if the player base doesn’t grow and continues to decrease, I think clans should split.
Offline and in-game friends shouldn’t “unfriend” each other because of an ambush …eliminate alliances too to open up the playing field
…ambushing your friend is not serious enough to be considered betrayal...
If my friend (of equal points) attacks me using his own gear and wins, that's fair & fun imo...

If there is any clan size/points limit, again BW will cease to be a game . Son of Sin have to understand on how deep he goes with his " extremist " idea, how much I resent it . About Clan Armouries, you can't always have everything you want .

It's not because clans could split that player base will grow . Concentration of big players is always part of game and splitting them won't evade dictatorial domination and automatic alliances . In Moria 1 FR, I am part of an alliance which controls 70 percent of the top 50, and controlling the ranks 1, 2, 3 and 5 . Splitting them would not make them fighting each other nor helping lower levels . They could get enraged by your idea and might end wanting to " butcher " militarily . Again, more harm than good . What you want can only be achieved by gentlemen agreements . Hard to find .

Removing alliances makes me mad too . No game without . Offline and inline friends unfriend each other because of the ingame ? It's task of each of us to manage to unlink it . If you're unable too, it's your own fault . Why should game to make that for you ? You want to dictate your aseptic way of playing, but if I want do play legal but dirt sometimes, LET ME BE Mad because I can't always be kind . You never try to understand . You should be more inside the head of such guys to analyze . What's your notion of effort or nail-biting ? Chaining attacking low levels to fuel war effort when real events are is nail-bite also and effortful . In Moria FR1 you don't do that you lag far behind the real winners .

quote:
think a lot of you would rather play until you're bored, let the server die, then quit instead of try to help increase the active player base...
you don't see any problems because you don't care...
but when someone like me complains, you see me as a problem because i'm not nonchalant and indifferent like you are...
i prefer to speak my mind before i get bored rather than wait until i'm bored and on the brink of quitting...

opinions?
suggestions?

*yawning* You repeat yourself sometimes but it doesn't make yourself more accurate . On contrary it shows lack of commitment . I don't see any problems . You're reversing the mirror . I play serious game . If you quit the game, it will shows you lacked of stamina, and that you were completely wrong . You stay and you might win .

Don't expect whole people to think same way as yours . Some of thinking differently . And don't try to force them, you might have opponents .

I won't deny I'm narrow-minded but it's because I'm satisfied with how the server is now . You can't know that until you experienced to be starter, low, average, big and top player in your overall internet experience . But it's only my POV ofc, others would disagree with me and I wouldn't blame them . I've been low also and I can understand the distress of some . But how could I monitor them ? Sometimes ok, but I must think of myself also . I managed to put my head above the sea water level, you should be able to do the same .

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Grevenet: 02-10-2012 07:58.

02-10-2012 07:34 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Son of Sin
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ha ha Grevenet, yes keep that attitude, drive more players away

you're satisfied with how the server is but others are not... but unlike me, they don't speak, they quit playing ...some may post good-bye threads, but those are usually the players who made this forum part of the game

some things i didn't understand about your reply

quote:
I wouldn't join a clan who makes such limitation . If I'm sometimes left aside, it's not an issue . I was very low in Moria FR1 with a former account and yet I was rewarded with a bigger account for my patience and willingess to sweat and bleeding WITHOUT any moaning . The clan where I am is welcoming everyone as long as they are active enough and volunteering . How to blame them to do Expos/Arenas within their bracket level often ? Other times everyone can apply, and so not much people complains . Democratic .

Sieges are sometimes won by point/level gaps, it's always part of, eliminating the unequal sieges would make it disappear as a game as it's not " democratic " . I haven't the same view of such word .

i didn't say anything about being left out...
and yes, sieges are often (not sometimes) won by point/level gaps ...but when the gap is so wide that the defender had no chance to win at all, that's called "unfair".
some of these clans can win with their bare hands, let's face it... they're stronger than a few of the expo monsters

the only people who agree with big clan vs small clan are the players like you who "adapt" to the way other players play...

i'd rather see new siege reports where a group of act 2 players fight it out without act 3 players joining to "ensure a win" ...but that's what the clans do...and too many of you have accepted that style of play

quote:
It's not because clans could split that player base will grow . Concentration of big players is always part of game and splitting them won't evade dictatorial domination and automatic alliances . In Moria 1 FR, I am part of an alliance which controls 70 percent of the top 50, and controlling the ranks 1, 2, 3 and 5 . Splitting them would not make them fighting each other nor helping lower levels . They could get enraged by your idea and might end wanting to " butcher " militarily . Again, more harm than good . What you want can only be achieved by gentlemen agreements . Hard to find .

this is not about the player base, that's my other thread ...this is about more clans really, but more importantly about more clans of equal points.
3 big, strong clans of 45+ members ...break those down into 9 clans of 15 members and you'll have more (fair) sieges ...but of course they won't fight each other because this is not a game of war, it's a game of friendship ..."i can't attack her because she's my 'mate' in real life, we go to the pub every weekend" ...wtf does that have to do with blood wars? if you aren't in my (15-member) clan, you are my enemy if you're at my points level... separate the game from your real life

02-10-2012 08:34 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Ghaldria
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

i got 43 players in my clan and i would never let clan to split to 3 parts 15/15/13. It would just kill this server. 15 players in clan is too low, i m a good leader for my clan and always helping all players as i can. They can t be sure they ll get same help from new clan when they ll be only 15 with other/new leader. They would leave server faster knowing how cool it was in previous clan and it s not in present clan. ( gear,help,atmosphere ) Also 15 players from different part of world - hard to manage expos having team you booked for it and hard to make them all gunners for basilisk badge, or all melee to get XR badge - with bigger clans you can chose who to take on expo. And big clans stays on server still, Small clans leaves. so what you want to do is to remove all players actually as they ll be leaving being borred in 15man clans and not having same help as they could get in 43man clan.

edit

also sieging needs to have a reason for me, we had 2 wars here, they ended so what for to start sieging again? sieging players that were in my clan earlier? for fun ? nah. for resources? what for as i got all i need from ambushes? for POH? what for if we get it from ambushes and buildings on z3.

Necro: Ghaldria
ID: 2621

02-10-2012 08:55 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

all right Ghaldria, i see your POV ...you're an "old dog" as we'd call you in my neck of the woods ...but remember when you were a new player? when you first joined a clan or created your clan? if you think this server is as exciting as it was when you started, you're delusional ...and i wasn't even around then, but even this forum was more exciting when this server opened up. why can't you guys do something about the lack of excitement?

seems like this game, or server, is lacking excitement because of the lack of players or the lack of opponents (who will fight fair) ...if i knew polish i'd definitely visit the polish forum just to look at siege and expo reports

someone start a siege against me ...1 on 1

http://r2.bloodwars.net/?a=msg&do=view&mid=21061577

is there a thread for this? where we can set up a "poh" siege?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 02-10-2012 12:17.

02-10-2012 12:11 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Malle8398
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-927.jpg

Registration Date: 03-10-2010
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: KhOrNe/BC

ok i have tried really hard not to comment on your threads or post sins i did it last time and noticed that i was speaking to deaf ears/blind eyes.. but this is getting redicules!!!

Are you really calling Ghal delusional when you wasent even playing at the time when server started??? you have absolutly no idea what you are talking about and you are calling ghal delusional!!! who is really delusional here??? id suggest you take good hard look in the mirror before you start accuse ppl to be delusional!!!

And ofc ppl will adapt to a game.. what are you thinking?
or do you really expect a game to adapt to you?? once again whos delusional here?

where would we as ppl be if we dont adapt to life and our surroundings? well we would still be monkeys running around in the forest throwing feces at each other!!

when i started playing i wasent apart of the big clans.. i think khorne had about 15 active ppl playing when i joined and yet here i am today closing in to make it to the top 20 in rankings.. and why? becaus i accept the game and try to make the most of it.. id suggest you do the same instead of trying to make the game adapt to you...

And you have the nerve to say: i think a lot of you would rather play until you're bored, let the server die, then quit instead of try to help increase the active player base...

you have absolutly no idea what i or others do to try and increase the player base!!!! i have had a good talk with Devs about this and they seem to like the idea i had. but i took my time and calculated all pros and cons before i made my voice heard.. not only what would benefit me personally...

Underworld: Gravedigga

***Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005***

May your soul rest in peace
02-10-2012 13:47 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

son of sin can you please stop using Gendibals name your nothing like him you have played for about two months play for a while and then coment i attack active people and i am sure other people do to

and i am sure people are petty to unfriend some one because of an ambush people i have attacked have given me advice to better my equpment

also expo gear? you can't use clan items for an expo
so please just play the game get some exp then you can coment and people aren't goibg to shoot your ideas do so quickly
02-10-2012 14:05 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Ghaldria
Lord

when i was new player i had much more problems that i got now, all items were expensive, junk to upgrade square too, all players were stealing better squares creating big clans to do it. It was rather stressful than exciting, but if you like some sado-maso - sure we all can siege you whenever you ll build a bit your square and will give you empty z5 instead Smile and you ll have your excitement.

It s normal that on the beginning server is full of active players and same on board, then ppl leave loosing z3 or z2 on the beginning, what do you expect from 3 yo server? you think that after 3 years we should still have 18 000 active players here ? Premium is expensive if you pay for it 3 years right ? if you think all leaves because of lack of excitment you re delusional as you see only what you want to see.

players leaves because:

no drop
no time
no premium
loosing squares
getting banned
real life problems ( kids,job,illness )
cause other left
and because of you they kill themselves reading your posts Big Grin

etc etc

but sure Big Grin lack of excitment Big Grin only reason Big Grin

sure give all players best drops, let 1 pilgrimage last 5 seconds, give all premium, let all have z1 square, cancel possibility to siege, dont let players to have kids or job, cure all illnesses, and dont post Big Grin then server will be full again Big Grin

or simply move to any "new" server that got no 3years Smile

02-10-2012 14:59 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
Grevenet

You should begin to step down of your " throne " before being in any position to criticize . Especially when you bring all your drums from much areas of the topic . I didn't want to say first but you're a hypocrite ( and I'm still polite ) . Saying Ghaldria is delusional shows how you are delusional . Who still denies the server is the same as at a beginning ? The forum was more exciting ? How not focusing on it from now on ? *snorting* . Ordering me to separate real life from ingame, LOL .

You're doing even worse than what you criticize falsely on me ( because contrary to you who are trying to force your IRL misplaced " morals " on others I'm not doing it Roll Eyes ), you understand the meaning of the game name ? Seems not, because you're so much deluded on pacifism that I want to start wars only to make you understand that you'll have the contrary of what you want, should you continue in your unchanged way . xD . Booooo I'm a naughtyyyyyyyy guy xD . At least I'm taking that less seriously to feel less stressed by my own way of playing . Any of your ideas are enforced and I quit the game for more " libertarian " one . And I'll encourage others in doing same Big Grin The server will lose on overall quality, I bet xD . Should I quote another proof to say you play deep in your wrongness ? I'll say anothers Crying

People respect people who are sweating and bleeding to play well, not people who are disturbances . Walk or die, it's a common motto for many games . Supporters who are afraid to speak have no weight . They take the risk of revealing themselves to us, or they have no right to claim anything . The claimers are those who are fueling the forum and the game by being pro-active, in the positive way . Not like your negative way . The real fact is you want to be bigger without giving any effort by forcing a " equalitarian " state . Dictatorship of the " righteousness " ? Makes me laugh Tongue . You adapt, or you quit the game . You deny our POV is more accurate than yours, but you have no proof to sustain your own .

You're making the game less exciting . When someone is the direct cause of the thing he resents, he should keep quiet . I'll still stay same as long you stay the same . The ball is on your area, you should take good decisions before taking yourself as a wrongful martyr .

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Grevenet: 02-10-2012 23:43.

02-10-2012 23:32 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Clan: BoS - SAN

A Terrible terrible post.

I mean after to many indications from everyone, you might as well stop posting all together.

This idea would not only decrease the active population but also force half of the veterans into hiding.
02-11-2012 07:49 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Grevenet

You have said in three sentences what I bash with dozens Wink But unluckily he will continue to haunt the forum unless his " less-than correct player " nature is satisfied, so it won't happen . He will be forced to see the truth, he can't figure himself in another's mind to see how others think .

Thanks to him, selfishness, berserking, overdomination and dictatorship will bring chaos contrary to what he craves Big Grin And he won't have the right to blame everyone for, but only himself Roll Eyes Games aren't only made of morals, they're made of " real " players also Crying He might say my only purpose is opposing him and that he knows he is true . But I wouldn't be so harsh if he wasn't so narrow-minded Tongue

If a Necropolis Hardcore is made here, I wouldn't mind taking a shot Evil

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Grevenet: 02-11-2012 11:19.

02-11-2012 11:17 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

this is not a game of war? son. are you crazy?? the name of the game suggests your wrong, the server before the poh patch was introduced was full of sieges and it was amazing!!
the server was fun, it was active, it held interest!
as far you saying a siege where the defending party has no chance of winning is unfair....really? from where im sat its called war, play to your strengths, if someone has something you want and you have the power to get it, then do so.

i get hit by level 90+ players every day without fail because its pretty much a promised 2 evolution points for them, is this unfair? no, of course its not unfair, its players using things to there full advantage and i cant blame them, yea ok i get a bit pissed at times because it means holding resources can be hard, but thats the game, they pwn me, i go down a few levels and pwn them and so forth, its how the game works, kill who you can and leave who you cant, simple.

and as for breaking top clans in to 15 player clans...ARE YOU STUPID??!!! clan leaders have worked there ASSESS off to be in a position to be able to bring more players to the clan, to increase the power of there clan and to also inject new personalities to there clan, limiting the number of players to a clan would be a massive fail!! why? example:
to kill and anubis you need a strong 11-13 man team, if one person runs an anubis expo, that pretty much means no one else can run anything that day, slowing down player progression, removing a higher number of expos from the game, causing more people to get bored and by proxy, quit the game. this will hurt the game financially, slow down updates or even kill the server all together in the worst case scenario

i really do hope that no ones takes 99.98% of your threads/posts/ideas seriously, because you make it plain to see if you had any sort of input as to how the game should be managed, it would be dead in 3 months

IGN: acidic shots
02-11-2012 11:36 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

All of you are posting rants, but I don’t see any suggestions from any of you…except suggesting that I shut up.

What are your suggestions to revive this dying server?

Have you made any suggestions to:
A. Attract new players?
B. Help new players (who aren’t as patient as you) enjoy the game?
C. Help small clans (who don’t want to “call for help” from bigger clans) protect their squares?

Have you invited any of your old and new friends to play and helped them grow?

Did you try to convince them to stay after they quit?

Have you put as much effort into promoting this game as you have put into destroying this game?

Unfortunately, you “happy players” (players who adapt to the playing style of other players or think the way they play is fair) make up less than 1% of the server (including vacant and deleted accounts).

Most players don’t like this game because of other players…

I’ve angered a few people (in-game, forum doesn’t matter) and several people have angered me… so what does any decent human do to resolve the situation? Compromise!

Don’t bother players who don’t want to be bothered.

Yes, this is supposed to be a PvP game, but as I said earlier, it’s played like a treasure hunt/monster hunt game.

If players don’t want to be besieged, leave them alone (if they ask you to call off a siege).

The player base may grow if new players and small clans are allowed to grow.

Allowing growth = more fair competition, more players asking their friends to play and join their clans

Prohibiting growth = more vacant accounts, no new players

edited by my wife again to remove explicit words and random thoughts that have nothing to do with this topic

quote:
i really do hope that no ones takes 99.98% of your threads/posts/ideas seriously, because you make it plain to see if you had any sort of input as to how the game should be managed, it would be dead in 3 months

yes because all of you who are top 1-100 will quit, but if you stop thinking you're more important to this server because you've stayed than the players who have quit, the server wouldn't be in the state it's in now...

why don't all of you leave this server and play on the thriving servers (only)?

there is always a reason to ambush/siege players/clans you can easily beat:
for PoH at one point and now for Evo

but when they quit (delete their characters) who will you ambush then when the only players worth ambushing are the players you can't beat and you're the weakest vampire active?

of course you won't whine, you'll roll with the punches because you've adapted to this dog eat dog game

and just so you guys know, my squares have never been taken (because they were crappy) and i've never been low on resources (except for a few days after posting on this forum), so i'm not angry at anyone

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 02-11-2012 11:49.

02-11-2012 11:38 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!

i know along with the rest of the top 100 that we are not more important than the server

as for helping new players, i do more than i help myself, you dont know how many of the top guys play, so dont judge

ive also recruited MANY people to the game over the years, im not sure if any of them still play but ive done the best i can and ive done it off my own back

the reason you get slammed as much as you do is simply because you chat so much poo its annoying, it really is, people dont wanna see it, the only person who does is you, and this is proven by you be the only person in your threads not shouting at you

IGN: acidic shots
02-11-2012 11:55 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Ghaldria
Lord

well hold on for a second. it s thread about your suggestion so we answer for your suggestion. i really hope at least 1 of your suggestions in future will get support, as for now what you suggest is just impossible to support. As it s wrong Smile

I dont have to care about other players that are not in my clan and in allies clans ( We got a lot of allies ). Why - because i can Smile and i got no time to think about all serverTongue

i got small players in a1 in my clan and i help them but noone will tell me to support other little players that are outside. It s their bussiness to work for what we worked for when we were little.

And i ll ambush who i want and when i want as other does the same Smile and i dont care losing fights when someone attack me, more important are my ambushes on others Smile - it s all about adapting. Game is like it is. We accepted all regulations and other things creating account - you too Smile

and if someone leaves and i got no target to attack - who cares? - other got less targets too so it s equal Smile

02-11-2012 12:15 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
Grevenet

I can laugh even more to you because the more you try, the more you lose . Again and it's even worse for those you ought to defend . You'll never open eyes, you're your own worst enemy . Don't be stunned if everyone bash at you because you think you're better than everyone but truthfully you're much weaker .

You are naught number besides the biggest players . Talk to them to face if you're so courageous . I wait you trying to PM CESARZ, Mortis or others bigs about, LOL . Your babblings have no credence when you can't justify of enough experience in any server . I don't help players if I feel forced . You can blame yourself for creating me as a new selfish Roll Eyes Your own ego brings you making bad decisions, and your pride is misplaced .

Like Ghaldria, why should I care about lower players who aren't in my clan ? Because of honor of helping newcomers ? What a laugh, it is rewarded with nothing Crying I'm not working for free, regardless on what you want us to do Tongue I help only the meritorious, not the whiners Cool Each one make his own business, I won't churn out any job to make others pick up and not bleeding and sweating . You can play farm games for that Baby

I ambush who I want when I want and without any remorse if the attacked gets offended . I stop only if the players asks with politeness . Which isn't your case, obviously . Then I might end with doing even worse xD . Same for sieges, no politeness, even more sieges . Humble attitude and they might be spared . Spare your code of honour as it produces counter-results .

Losing fights is part of the game, swallow it or it will become even worse as complainers aren't well-viewed Wink Adapting, adapting xD . You toward us, not us toward you Shocked Regulations by game and forum is something, but besides that, if it doesn't breach it, some have their own code of honour . And don't expect them to be OK with you .

Everybody has his chances, each of us must grab it, or let them go and lose . Simple as that . It's the most equalitarian quote I've ever seen . And the most meritorious .

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Grevenet: 02-11-2012 13:43.

02-11-2012 12:34 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
Malle8398
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-927.jpg

Registration Date: 03-10-2010
Clan: KhOrNe/BC

LooooooL

this guy is funny...
you still have no idea what you are talking about.. and yet you keep talking jibber jabber..

quote:
What are your suggestions to revive this dying server?

Have you made any suggestions to:
A. Attract new players?
B. Help new players (who aren’t as patient as you) enjoy the game?
C. Help small clans (who don’t want to “call for help” from bigger clans) protect their squares?

A. yes i have... (but not here...)
B. yes i have... (and i know alot of players who have done this to)
C. Why should i help ppl/clans who dosent want my help???? (Stupid question...)

quote:
Have you invited any of your old and new friends to play and helped them grow?

yes i have!! have you????

quote:
Have you put as much effort into promoting this game as you have put into destroying this game?

ok so we all are destroying the game while you try to fix it??? looool
once again the word delusional fits you quite well...

quote:
Unfortunately, you “happy players” (players who adapt to the playing style of other players or think the way they play is fair) make up less than 1% of the server (including vacant and deleted accounts).

oooh im sorry i didnt know you spoke for 99% of the population.. pls forgive me Mr. I speak for everyone....

quote:
Most players don’t like this game because of other players…

hahaha... alot of ppl like each other here they just dont like you... BIG diffrence!!!!

quote:
Don’t bother players who don’t want to be bothered.
Yes, this is supposed to be a PvP game, but as I said earlier, it’s played like a treasure hunt/monster hunt game.

i must have missed something... i thought this game was called BloodWARS and not Bloodfriends... oooh wait its not.. its acctually called Bloodwars!!!!!! and this is not supposed to be a PvP game, this is a PvP game.... is it really that hard to understand?

quote:
If players don’t want to be besieged, leave them alone (if they ask you to call off a siege).

hahaha.. think this game is not for you.. may i recomend sim city or maybe tetris?? think those games are moore up your ally.. or maybe they are unfair to?

either way i will not feed your attention seeking anymoore! so this is my last reply to your threads/posts...

Underworld: Gravedigga

***Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005***

May your soul rest in peace
02-11-2012 13:16 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by Son of Sin
All of you are posting rants, but I don’t see any suggestions from any of you…except suggesting that I shut up.

Best...suggestion...ever
02-11-2012 15:38 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Tampax

Registration Date: 01-19-2012

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu
quote:
Originally posted by Son of Sin

Best...suggestion...ever

i like this suggestion.
i don't really see the point in any of what you've suggested, why break apart clans? have fun with running multiple expos when people decide they want to go get their smurf badges.
and your point of what will you do when the smaller players quit, well you see, you hit smaller players as a last resort, bigger players are better xp, and you can always beat someone, if you can't, just give up now.

EDIT: http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=163a804dc7 count the players, nuff said.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Tampax: 02-11-2012 15:53.

02-11-2012 15:51 Tampax is offline Search for Posts by Tampax Add Tampax to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

if youre going to sit and criticise, then dont post its that easy.

thread closed before it gets more out of hand

02-11-2012 16:58 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » General Active Players, what can we do...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH