Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Help Required Please! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Help Required Please! 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cyndicate

images/avatars/avatar-1115.jpg

Registration Date: 02-08-2014
Race in game: Beastmaster

Question Help Required Please! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I am currently stuck with what to do now.
My current situation is choosing the right tattoo for me to play with. I am currently a Beastmaster race, and choosing the right tattoo is absolutely essential, as I won't have the option to change once I choose as I'm not a premium user unfortunately. I would like to know about 3 different tattoo's and any information about it or your personal point of view about the tattoo would really help me out with my choice.

The first tattoo that caught my eye is
The Black Knight.
It gives quite a lot of chance to hit as an effect, my race gives me an additional +20 chance to hit aswell, making it quite a good hitting tattoo. It also gives you another strike with whatever weapon you use, and needs a lot of defence to put into effect, this means I will be very durable in fights yes?
Here are my questions.

Question One: Is durablity in fights important to The Black Knight's success?

Question Two: What kind of items are needed to fulfil those kind of defence requirements?

The second tattoo I would like to talk about is
The Monk.
The first thing about it I have noticed is that it gives an Easiness bonus, and it allows you to dodge guns. It also seems to give quite a lot of damage output in the tattoo effects.
Here are my questions.

Question One: Is the Easiness needed at all? Or is it just a bonus you receieve by following the path of The Monk?

Question Two: The Tattoo needs Zero defence to work successfully, but does that mean I won't be durable in fights? Will I deal really big damage to my opponants but constantly remain somewhat of a joke, and a whimp?

Lastly I would like to know about
The Berserker.
I have noticed, like The Monk, it needs zero defence to be effective, but the effects are quite low, only giving what a normal tattoo gives.

Examples of my theory:

Inspired Warrior and Dodging Bullets, taken from The Monk.
Effects: +30 Charactor defence, +2 weapon damage every 4 character levels.
Effects: Dodge guns +25%, Critical strike damage bonus 50%

Those two effects beat the whole of The Berserker tattoo from my point of view, but I am a novice so I will let you explain this if needed.
Again here are my questions.

Question One: Is there any point choosing this tattoo, or is it not worth following the path at all?

Question Two: The Berserker tattoo seems very unsuccessful, giving very little effects, but is it worth it to use both types of the Melee class types?

Question Three: The defence at zero like The Monk, seems to make me think these two are not durable like The Black Knight is, but is this true or faulse?

Any information about what I have spoken about here, on the matter of choosing the right tattoo for me, would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to leave your comments and advice below.
If you would like to contact me in the game, please message me on the board for my in game name.

Thankyou all for reading. I hope everyone is good in health.

02-08-2014 03:11 Cyndicate is offline Search for Posts by Cyndicate Add Cyndicate to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

With Beastmaster, you get an extra attack with acrane's when you enter act 2 Wink

BK, Highly popular

One; Duability? who cares.. you can smash things into a sticky paste Big Grin

Two; Gear. Basic BK gear is
Helmet of adrenaline
Vest of the death sower
Shorts of the scout
with youth/levitation/accuracy
Murderous Mace (G+1)
this will get you to level 3 tattoo's for the extra attack.

In the future for level 4+ tattoo's you would proably want to go for;
Assult of Adrenaline
Field of Speed
Elvish kilt of scout
Titanium of youth/levitation/accuracy set of jewls
Legendary Agilie of bloodsucker

Alot of people after the same gear thou. so will be very expensive.

~~~~~~

Monk, i cant comment on, havent had much experience with it.

~~~~~~

Zerker, Personally, this is a fav of mine since BK became so over popular.

One & Two; Yes, you have a choice of using both one handed melee & Two handed melee. This will help alot in expo's in the future, some mobs have high defence, so 2h melee will help alot, some have low defence, but high agility. ect

Three; Yes & No, It all depends on your gear, if you use X of suicide, you can use any & all gear without worring about defence, meaning you can reach much higher agility

~~~~~~

My advice; collect melee gear as cheap as you can while building a gunner kit for White & Black dragon badge's, doing those with melee is very very hard, i have done it (before they beefed up stats) & it slowed my level up progress so much it didnt seem worth it.

02-08-2014 14:57 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Clan: TDK

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

An answer from a player who wen tmissing so long ago but came back (beastmistress)

Going for the blackknight means really long term, you won't get the item with the right defense and effective in a fight easily (and if you get them, be able to wear them will be the problem) => a slow build up to high "durability". And a slow build up in tatoo level.

The monk and the berserker, you can have the tatoos to level 5 without bothering with expensive and high prerequisite equipment. (weapons of suicide).

Both compensate their low armor with hp/toughness/dodge from Tatoos but can usually get more agility.

BK "fears" gunman (defense is useless only toughness has a need) but are pretty unbeatable by ranged user and one handed melee with low strength (but do not necessarily beat them, draws can happen a lot).

Easiness is a great bonus, and is very needed to keep up with equipment upgrade (legendary helps too)

Berserker are mor one handed melee except against black knights and expedition mobs with high defense (the + damage to every weapon has more impact on one handed).

If you believe you can become a premium user in 6 months to a year, going for either monk or berserker should be your way, it will help your progress, BK is longer and easier to go for one you reach level 55/60 or even later.
02-08-2014 21:28 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Cyndicate

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cyndicate

I would like to ask three more final questions. So I can possibly ask them in the game how they personally found working with the tattoo in hand.

Who is the current most successful Black Knight?
Who is the current most successful Monk?
Who is the current most successful Berserker?

02-08-2014 22:42 Cyndicate is offline Search for Posts by Cyndicate Add Cyndicate to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

mavillik i think is the highest level monk

i am curretnly using monk the easness helps loads but realy only helps at higher levels as you need a higher requments to get trake advanget of the esasness and 1h suidce nad venance wepons will drop you agilty to compansate you need good high level equipment
02-08-2014 22:57 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

quote:
Originally posted by Cyndicate
I would like to ask three more final questions. So I can possibly ask them in the game how they personally found working with the tattoo in hand.

Who is the current most successful Black Knight?
Who is the current most successful Monk?
Who is the current most successful Berserker?

BK - like people says it's very good from LVL 65 and upper, he can kill everyone and everything, except defending gunners and some high agility players (very low probability)
Monk - very good tattoo bonuses, at low level 7% easiness is so much, 2/4 damage not too much, but at high LVL this is 1/2 of demonic prefix, also crit bonuses are very helpful
Berzerk - You can read this Beserker Rant, this is a high level tattoo (90+)

My opinion:
- for 1HM - 1 additional attack it's not too much, but strength bonus it's very useful
- for 2HM - 1 additional attack it's extremely useful/powerful, also the strength bonus...

Most BM go 2HM just for this bonus, so it's your choice what to do
but you can try ranged, with heavy crossbow, 1 attack it's also very useful

02-09-2014 11:39 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

Grizly are you implying shadow of the beast works with ranged? If so, it doesn't melee only.

02-09-2014 16:10 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Cyndicate

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cyndicate

Thankyou to everyone who took the time to reply to my post. The information is very valuable to me. I have now chosen what I would like to work for, and what I would like to become in the game.

Thankyou again. I hope everyone is in good health. Good luck.
Cyndicate.

02-09-2014 19:31 Cyndicate is offline Search for Posts by Cyndicate Add Cyndicate to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Help Required Please!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH