Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Forum question » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Should the names of all players with warnings be visible to everyone?
Yes 40 74.07%
No 10 18.52%
Undecided 4 7.41%
Total: 54 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Forum question
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Question Forum question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

One question for admins: Why on polish board are visible warnings of other members and here not?

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
02-12-2009 11:34 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Differeny default settings. If you want it to be changed I'm sure it can be done.

02-12-2009 16:18 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mortis
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As for me its good to see as for others they must say for themselves.

02-12-2009 16:19 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: find it

i dun mind.

02-12-2009 16:26 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

I think it makes sense, always thought it was odd how other people dont see them.

Makes sense Wink

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

02-12-2009 17:41 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

i woudnt mind showing if i have warnings or not [i have one for spam]
really woudnt it to be best to make it a option in usercp to hide warnings as not everyone would want to display them
02-12-2009 17:44 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Tempest

images/avatars/avatar-358.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: LGN

I have no problem with that , sounds ok to me

In Game Name TEMPEST
02-12-2009 17:45 Tempest is offline Search for Posts by Tempest Add Tempest to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mortis

So maybe mods can make a poll for it.

02-12-2009 18:41 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
DemonDude2
Lord

good idea bob Wink

02-12-2009 18:41 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
nemoralis
Harsh mistress

images/avatars/avatar-397.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: Vault 13

Poll added.

02-13-2009 00:43 nemoralis is offline Search for Posts by nemoralis Add nemoralis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Great idea, would make people think twice about blatantly asking for them

02-13-2009 00:54 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
sexymaida101

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: .DB./TCR

Great idea mortis Smile

02-13-2009 01:17 sexymaida101 is offline Search for Posts by sexymaida101 Add sexymaida101 to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Clan: BoS

tbh its not necessary, acutally its good the way it is.

If you have been warned you know it, everyone else should not care as its noneof his business ...

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
02-13-2009 07:16 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

quote:
Originally posted by DarkOne
tbh its not necessary, acutally its good the way it is.

If you have been warned you know it, everyone else should not care as its noneof his business ...

I agree with this. Wether someone else has a warning or not isnt going to make a significant impact on anything board or game related. And it is just being nosy Tongue
02-13-2009 08:04 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: the JOKERs

but being noisy is fun Tongue i think there should be an option then if it is possable in the acount setings wether to show ur wanrings or not

02-13-2009 13:00 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
Artoir.
Avenger

It'll encourage people to think twice if everyone can see because of judgemental people like myself not taking those on their 3rd warning on their second account, very seriously at all Tongue

02-14-2009 01:31 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
It'll encourage people to think twice if everyone can see because of judgemental people like myself not taking those on their 3rd warning on their second account, very seriously at all Tongue

Yea but that might alienate people who have warnings for careless mistakes or who arent fullly used to the rules yet.
02-14-2009 01:33 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

I think one banned account is lesson enough?

02-14-2009 01:35 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

I'm undecided on this one. Personally, I wouldn't want people to see what I got warned for because really it's my business if I was a bit slow and did something I wasn't supposed to.
On the other hand... I'm very nosey...LOL.
Maybe if they do implement it we can have a toggle switch in our user CP that turns warning view on and off.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

02-14-2009 03:16 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Kalessin

images/avatars/avatar-378.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: Source

I have no problem with this idea at all. In many forums other users can 'thank' or 'vote' for a person, the results of which are shown publicly in their profile page, a warning serves a similar purpose. They aren't given out arbirarily. If its for a mistake then that person will learn from it, if its for something more serious then we all have a right to nose. Er, I mean know Tongue

02-14-2009 13:15 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

I voted yes. I got tired of receiving several reports on one user who I already warned Tongue

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

02-14-2009 14:07 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Woohoo they brought it in.... I can see who has been naughty! Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
02-14-2009 16:14 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

Like you?? Bold Cthulhu!

Look at that, a moderator has a warning =O

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 02-14-2009 16:22.

02-14-2009 16:21 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Forum question

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH