Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Do you peel your mushrooms ? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Do you peel your mushrooms?
No 19 38.00%
I like UG3 18 36.00%
Yes 13 26.00%
Total: 50 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Do you peel your mushrooms ? 4 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Do you peel your mushrooms ? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok here it is . . .
I need a poll on wether or not you peel your mushrooms when cooking . . .

its to solve a massive debate on msn

so mr moderator lets go Smile

(no need for reasons just want to prove my point )

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

04-16-2009 16:59 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Poll added Wink

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

04-16-2009 17:10 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Thread Starter Thread Started by Paranoia
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cheers evan Smile

and you DO NOT need to peel your mushrooms

quote:

Smile

04-16-2009 17:13 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Hephaestus

images/avatars/avatar-415.gif

Registration Date: 10-23-2008
Race in game: Cultist

i chose the bottom option >.<

04-16-2009 17:17 Hephaestus is offline Search for Posts by Hephaestus Add Hephaestus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Hephaestus
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

And im on about edible mushrooms not poisonous/illegal to eat ones for all you people in irc Wink

quote:

Smile

04-16-2009 17:23 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Kalessin

images/avatars/avatar-378.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2008
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by UG3
And im on about edible mushrooms not poisonous/illegal to eat ones for all you people in irc Wink

Haha, I was gonna say... does it matter? Tongue

Mushrooms DON'T need peeling, but they DO need washing.

04-16-2009 17:27 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
Biteme878

Registration Date: 04-10-2009

Dont peel your magic mushies
wash them

normal mushrooms same applies Smile

04-16-2009 17:31 Biteme878 is offline Search for Posts by Biteme878 Add Biteme878 to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

me no like mushrooms! So i voted for 'i like UG3'

Pleased

There should be a mushrooms are smelly option

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 04-16-2009 17:31.

04-16-2009 17:31 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
Originally posted by Kalessin
quote:
Originally posted by UG3

Haha, I was gonna say... does it matter? Tongue

Mushrooms DON'T need peeling, but they DO need washing.

ALWAYS WASH NEVER PEEL . . . Get it yet ?
And no we are not the weird farmers hayz Smile
your weird for peeling a damn mushroom Smile

quote:

Smile

04-16-2009 17:31 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008

depends on the size of the mushroom :o

Big mushrooms = peels

Little mushrooms = no peels Tongue

& anyways everyone knows that you have to peel the fungi to get to the better parts Wink

I still wash them but peeling them is like... extra Tongue lol
04-16-2009 17:35 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

hahaha I LIKE UG Big Grin

on special occasions just to get that straight haha lol

i peal mushrooms when they don't look their best on the outside >_<

whoop whoop Big Grin

and whats the big debate ... and how come i didn't get invited Frown

LAMOW
Big Grin love B xx

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

04-16-2009 17:35 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

Big debate =

I was cooking this morning .. breakfast \o/ lol .. well yeah my mum was talking to UG & said I was peeling mushrooms ... got told I was failing epically because it was a small mushroom O_o

I said to him about it again just now on msn & we ended up in a debate about if you should peel mushrooms ... so he went all nerdy on me & created a poll cause he was LOOOOOSING lol Wink

*edit* you wasnt invited cause for some reason a convo with you on msn KILLS my msn :o :'(

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hayz_M: 04-16-2009 17:40.

04-16-2009 17:39 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

haha i know... i feel really bad Frown MY MSN HATES YOU .... and my cam hates looogie hahaha so well what can i say it only likes the best Wink hahaha

lol and omg ... you should only peel mushrooms if they don't look very good on the outside haha Big Grin ie like brown and ikky lol but yeah Big Grin mushrooms are gooood Wink

lamow

04-16-2009 17:44 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Just for the record

im not on about peeling for aesthetic reasons . . . But peeling because of the fact they are mushrooms

peeling due to black bit = completely different rant

quote:

Smile

04-16-2009 17:56 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

I don't like UG3 and I don't peel mushrooms Big Grin

04-16-2009 18:02 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Hephaestus

should never peel a mushroom, you lose some of its magic powers Crying

04-16-2009 18:03 Hephaestus is offline Search for Posts by Hephaestus Add Hephaestus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Hephaestus
Hayz_M
Double Ace

mushrooms are grown in poo O_o wash them yes fair doo's but Im sorry poo particles in the whole skin of bigger mushrooms after washings O_o

I aint eating no poo >_< lol Tongue

my arguement Big Grin

mushroom peeeeling \o/

(ftr UG .. It was bigger mushrooms I was peeling this morning because.. well theyre big mushrooms lol little ones you shouldnt Smile )

Big Grin
04-16-2009 18:06 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
I don't like UG3

thats only because i spent all morning calling you ma'am Smile

quote:

Smile

04-16-2009 18:10 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
Originally posted by UG3
quote:
Originally posted by diablo
I don't like UG3

thats only because i spent all morning calling you ma'am Smile

p.s @ hayz
peeling something that is GROWN in poo dosn't make a blind bit of difference . . . It ABSORBS the fecal matter so your still eating it . . . Peeling it is just a waste of time . . Alot of effort to make your food 10minutes later . . .

p.p.s . . . Please dont warn me for the multi . . . I use my phone net and clicked the wrong button Frown

quote:

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Paranoia: 04-16-2009 18:15.

04-16-2009 18:13 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

Looks like someone can't really use the forum on the phone, get a PC connection finally Sir Whinealot Big Grin

Does it matter where it grew, what it ate or what it was before? As long as its clean and tastes good then its fine.

04-16-2009 18:18 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

haha lol i can't believe sooo many people are talking about mushrooms haha

but erm hayz you kinda have a point being grown in pooop i don't wanna eat them but then again same as diablo as long as they taste good D:

ahh what to doo Tongue

lamow

crazy people Big Grin

04-16-2009 21:26 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

quote:

p.s @ hayz
peeling something that is GROWN in poo dosn't make a blind bit of difference . . . It ABSORBS the fecal matter so your still eating it . . . Peeling it is just a waste of time . . Alot of effort to make your food 10minutes later . . .

yas but you know I like to make things take twice as long Big Grin

quote:
Looks like someone can't really use the forum on the phone, get a PC connection finally Sir Whinealot

hehe Big Grin lol yeah mr whinealot Wink get internet connection :o Big Grin would be so much easier Pleased
04-16-2009 22:10 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

RE: Do you peel your mushrooms ? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i voted I LIKE UG3 Smile BUT I ACTUALLY DONT PEEL MUSHROOMS or kiwis or strawberrys or most fruit not that a mushroom is a fruit

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 04-17-2009 09:15.

04-17-2009 08:40 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

You forgot the REALLY important option for the poll... BACON! Anyway i'll vote UG3 since i don't eat mushrooms, they taste icky.

@Agrisel (since i cba PMing you) HOLY HELL THAT EXPO ON THE GOLEM WAS A BLOODY FLUKE!

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
04-17-2009 09:04 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

omg lol Tongue ...

see 10 people here are weird like me & peel mushys \o/

Aggy: that golem thing lmao Tongue
04-17-2009 11:42 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Hephaestus

hayz peeling those magical little fungi is like you pulling ug's skin off

oh lol so so wrong >.<

04-17-2009 15:05 Hephaestus is offline Search for Posts by Hephaestus Add Hephaestus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Hephaestus
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

LAMOWWWW @ Agresiel what the hell

"i voted I LIKE UG3 Smile BUT I ACTUALLY DONT PEEL MUSHROOMS or kiwis or strawberrys or most fruit not that a mushroom is a fruit "

*cough still don't really know how to quote >_<*

MUSHROOMS ARE A FRUIT THEY ARE A FUNGI >_<

04-17-2009 15:05 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

quote:
And last but not least, one of the most humungous
Problems among young people today, is fungus
It grows from cow manure, they pick it out, wipe it off,
Bag it up, and you put it right in your mouth and chew it
Yum yum! Then you start to see some dumb stuff
And everything slows down when you eat some of 'em...
And sometimes you see things that aren't there (Like what? )
Like fat woman in G-strings with orange hair
(Mr. Shady what's a G-string? ) It's yarn Claire
Women stick 'em up their behinds, go out and wear 'em (Huh? )
And if you swallow too much of the magic mushrooms
Whoops, did I say magic mushrooms? I meant fungus
Ya tongue gets, all swoll up like a cow's tongue (How come? )
Cause it comes from a cow's dung (Gross!! )
See drugs are bad, it's a common fact
But your mom and dad, know that's all that I'm good at (Oh! )
But don't be me, cause if you grow up and you go and O.D.
They're gonna come for me and I'ma have to grow a goatee
And get a disguise and hide, cause it'll be my fault
So don't do drugs, and do exactly as I don't,
Cause I'm bad for you

"D
Sorry.. i couldent help myslef
i vote.. i like UG, even thou i have never chatted to him before Confused

04-17-2009 16:45 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
mikem

Registration Date: 05-01-2008
Clan: Boot Camp

Both Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wash closed cup

Peel open cup

Xyr

04-17-2009 17:47 mikem is offline Homepage of mikem Search for Posts by mikem Add mikem to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

Cool yeahhh Xyr gets ma point Wink

I was trying to peel closed cup ones for some unknown reason :| ... Id only just got out of bed.. my excuse sticking to it Wink lol

Kightroad Tongue lol at that quote... It sounds familiar O_o

Aggy: since when do you peel strawberries? :o

GT shush Tongue Pleased

*edit* couldnt spell quote had a div moment Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hayz_M: 04-17-2009 18:19.

04-17-2009 18:18 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

i put i like ug3 Big Grin
for 2 reasons,
1. because i do
2. because my mum does the cooking, i just eat whats put in front of me, food is food Tongue
04-17-2009 18:44 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Agresiel

@beatrice LOL fungi is NOT a fruit you fool its a seperate living entity that could also be dicribed as a symbiont, a fruit is part of a plant and usually a meathod of speading its seeds and reproducing

@hayz there was a crazy girl in the last place i worked that wouldnt eat strawberrys unless they were peeled, which is about as crazy as what you suggesting

no peeling mushrooms is wrong pointless and should never be done

also hayz you totaly contradicted yaself by giving a reason for peeling them due to poo particals or what ever rubbish u decided to create, and THEN saying that small one dont count yet using your logic ur still eating poo just on small mushrooms

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 04-18-2009 00:54.

04-17-2009 22:58 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

aggy dont be so mean lol small ones get washed more Frown

Strawberries shouldnt be peeled O_o theyre amazing fruits \o/

Bob D: Im loosing here lol just pretend you dont like UG for now Wink lolol Big Grin
04-18-2009 16:31 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

No 15
I like UG3 15
Yes 10

Looks like its a no, UG wins =}

haha, your liked as much as people dont peel mushrooms!! Is that a good thing or a bad thing tho?

Your also liked waay more than there are people who peel mushrooms... but thats obvious kus no1 (except a few odd people) peel mushmoons!!

04-18-2009 17:01 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

hey Im odd & I like UG3 :> quite a bit infact .. but anyways Big Grin yes Im weird Cool proud of it too Pleased I'd be so bored otherwise & so would he & he knows it Big Grin Tongue
04-18-2009 17:08 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

Mushrooms grown industrially require peeling(usually these are big enough Wink ) but wild ones don't Tongue and these are much more tasty Big Grin

quote:
IGN: Atomos

04-18-2009 20:49 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Agresiel

ok can someone plz provide a non photo shoped pic of a industrial mushrooms or whatever that states PEEL BEFORE eating because if you were suposed to then it would have to tell you to by english food stadards/regulations

it just dont exist

04-18-2009 23:18 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

It's not about looks Tongue , much chemicals are used during industrial growing of the mushrooms(these are usually sold in shops), see for yourself: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4848026.html . I just thought that if you peel them, then you won't eat so much of those chemicals left in them. Who's following english food stadards/regulations anyway? xD

Anyway wild mushrooms growing in the forests are much more better Wink (but be careful not to collect the poisonous ones).

quote:
IGN: Atomos

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Undivisible: 04-19-2009 04:45.

04-19-2009 04:28 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Undivisible
It's not about looks Tongue , much chemicals are used during industrial growing of the mushrooms(these are usually sold in shops), see for yourself: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4848026.html . I just thought that if you peel them, then you won't eat so much of those chemicals left in them. Who's following english food stadards/regulations anyway? xD

Anyway wild mushrooms growing in the forests are much more better Wink (but be careful not to collect the poisonous ones).

Everything in the shops is sprayed 1 with chemical or another. From growth to merkeying. Like UG said, all that crap has been absorbed

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 04-19-2009 05:33.

04-19-2009 05:33 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Kalessin

images/avatars/avatar-378.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2008
Clan: Source

So what about organic mushrooms? They are grown entirely without chemicals - do they need peeling, because they are grown in poop, or not because they are grown without chemicals? Wink

As stated, a defining feature of mushrooms is that they are absorbant - some even used to be used to dress wounds in ancient times. Peeling the outer layer would be like peeling a sponge, surely Tongue

04-19-2009 08:55 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Do you peel your mushrooms ?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH