Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Sniper in ambush idea » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Sniper in ambush idea 7 Votes - Average Rating: 3.577 Votes - Average Rating: 3.57
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BOS + S.S.

Sniper in ambush idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've heard people complain about snipers being rubbish in ambushes, well my idea is to make a sniper more life like and if u ambush with a sniper u get a whole round to urself because with a sniper it is supost to be a surprises wep and not a run up to someone and shoot at blank range.

So short sum up of this is:

- Sniper attacks in first round of ambush without oppenant getting to attack you

Im expect loads of disaproveles.
Anyway plz leave feed back

Regards
Foxy

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
05-10-2009 10:17 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
honorus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-30-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

no idea is not a good one tattoos are pretty balanced as it is in my opinion......

getting extra attack not good enough bonus for tattoo?

you could simply just wear an item that causes the punishment effect like a cap of punishment any mask on good +5 or any xxx of dodges on good +5 to get the same desired effect......

snipers aren't meant to be ambush kings they are best at expos.

and with the right set up snipers can be effective in ambushing it just takes a different set of equipment to usual. And everyone has atleast 2 set-ups so why should snipers be any different?

im a hunter and i have an ambush set up, a melee and a gunner expo set up and a quest set up so thats 4 for me im sure most other people have even more than that too :/

05-10-2009 12:38 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
Scyanide
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-29-2008
Clan: .DB.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

as a sniper i will say its pointless.

sorry mate.

you dont want your opponent to attack in first round, buy yourself xxx of punishment or go to second act and become a cursed one and then use horror in ambushes.

edit:
we are not expo kings, and never will be mate...

unless there will be some changes.

It was before and it will be offtopic to start it again here.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Scyanide: 05-10-2009 12:41.

05-10-2009 12:38 Scyanide is offline Search for Posts by Scyanide Add Scyanide to your Buddy List
oh_teh_noes
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-15-2008
Clan: Boot Camp

I see the logic behind it, but as a sniper i dont see the point really.

Sniper tat - instructor - at lvl 5 gives an extra attack, and as said, the punishment affect is easily achieved.

There is a point at which implementing logic ingame can unbalance several areas.

Ingame Underworld: Oh_Teh_Noes
Ingame Necropolis: Cubic

05-10-2009 13:28 oh_teh_noes is offline Search for Posts by oh_teh_noes Add oh_teh_noes to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: BoS

A lot of people chose cursed one so that they could do exactly that, stop the enemy in first round. So it might annoy people if Horror is the main arcana used and they left another race for it.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 05-10-2009 13:34.

05-10-2009 13:33 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Foxy

i thought it wouldn't be a good idea but i was just trying to make a sniper more like wat it is in real life. I don't ambush with sniper usually just asking

05-10-2009 14:06 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
oh_teh_noes
Double Ace

Yeah, but if everything was like real life, surely shotguns would destroy anyone in one hit, and a hit with a scythe would decapitate lol.

05-10-2009 14:27 oh_teh_noes is offline Search for Posts by oh_teh_noes Add oh_teh_noes to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

true, fair enough, still if i where my vampire i wouldn't walk up to them and shoot them at point blank range with a sniper rifle i'd take long shot

05-10-2009 14:49 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

quote:
Originally posted by oh_teh_noes
Yeah, but if everything was like real life, surely shotguns would destroy anyone in one hit, and a hit with a scythe would decapitate lol.

And you'd need hundreds of shurikens per fight ;P

The game isn't realistic because as far as we know vampires don't exist but that's what makes it so interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 05-10-2009 15:58.

05-10-2009 15:58 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
oh_teh_noes
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by God_Like_Friend
quote:
Originally posted by oh_teh_noes

And you'd need hundreds of shurikens per fight ;P

The game isn't realistic because as far as we know vampires don't exist but that's what makes it so interesting.

Rofl...

Touché. It'd be fun to replace legendary shurikens after each fight.

05-10-2009 17:07 oh_teh_noes is offline Search for Posts by oh_teh_noes Add oh_teh_noes to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

It doesn't need it. The Sniper rifle is a good weapon, but not for ambushes, AK or Fnfal

Your imperfection.
05-10-2009 18:35 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Not needed. Use punishment effect.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
05-10-2009 18:36 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Foxy
Viking

ok isee my first idea wan't the best, it just came to me and i put it in.

05-10-2009 22:27 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
oh_teh_noes
Double Ace

Dont worry foxy, no idea is a bad idea Smile

05-10-2009 22:39 oh_teh_noes is offline Search for Posts by oh_teh_noes Add oh_teh_noes to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Confused Confused tell that to thumbs down x5

05-10-2009 22:43 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Scyanide
Triple Ace

Foxy couple weeks ago there was an idea about increasing crit shots in sniper rifle.

Its a deadly weapon however has very limited number of shots ... the crit shots are now 2 times greater then normal shot, when i think bezetta suggested to do it 300% or even more ...

I think instead of punishment effect it will be very good to increase this crit shots ...

still waiting for poll for that proposition :-)
05-11-2009 03:06 Scyanide is offline Search for Posts by Scyanide Add Scyanide to your Buddy List
Gder

Registration Date: 01-25-2009

This game is about vampires and vampires are fast much more stronger than normal humans. Probably to take those range diffrence he need few seconds so those punishment bonus should not be added in guns.

Offtopic:
I'm waiting for poll about removing those -45% critical from legendary ranged weapons. Scyn don't force anything that would make from 2h gunners tattoo that is good for everything. I can't slay any expo monster with ranged weapon and I don't mind it.
05-11-2009 05:45 Gder is offline Search for Posts by Gder Add Gder to your Buddy List
Scyanide
Triple Ace

i dont want to change tattoo ... currently if i have dmg 150 in throne hall crit shot i can do is 300 ... what was said is too low and should be increased. i will suggest 300% of basic dmg what will make 450dmg per shot. lets face it that the sniper rifle and others 2h guns should be the most deadly weapons. thats why we have limitation of shots. however i proved many times that 1h guns are doing the same dmg as my rifle and have much more shots. so crit shots should be increased in 2h guns
05-11-2009 09:22 Scyanide is offline Search for Posts by Scyanide Add Scyanide to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

Sniper rifle do the same damage against all targets. 1-h guns have no ignore defense like that.

In ambush this does not matter much because players rarely have more than 100 toughness. But in expo monsters like basilisk have very high toughness, against this snipers would become to powerful with increased damage

05-11-2009 09:28 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Scyanide
Triple Ace

Nndungu i can show you that diablo was doing the same dmg against basilk as I did. and even greater. so in ambush he and any other 1h gunner has 3-4 times more attacks and its comparable dmg per shot to mine.

edit-spelling

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Scyanide: 05-11-2009 09:54.

05-11-2009 09:53 Scyanide is offline Search for Posts by Scyanide Add Scyanide to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

Well, yes I'm sure that you can. But diablo is 1300 points above you in ranking and is using suffixed solar jewelry.

Yet Tiger Claw can do more damage than diablo with his shotgun:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=b3c2dd2391

05-11-2009 10:27 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Scyanide
Triple Ace

however bezetta and llianna still doing smaller dmg then diablo :-)

we can have this conversation every time this topic will be started.
and every time you will be against it. As long as something will get changed with 2h guns or 1h guns ( dont want to start it again Tongue )

I think it will be fair if dmg of 2h guns will be increased. I think its not fair doing similiar dmg per shot and having so many attacks.

and one more thing - he was not 1300points above me but around 200-300 and he was not using suffixed jewellery when he was already doing greater dmg with his 1h guns Tongue
05-11-2009 10:47 Scyanide is offline Search for Posts by Scyanide Add Scyanide to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

quote:
Originally posted by Scyanide
we can have this conversation every time this topic will be started.

You're right.

Any more turning every thread into "Im a sniper, poor me" moan will be rewarded with warnings for offtopic.

And this thread has veered way off topic.

Foxy's idea has been discussed and abandoned.

Thread closed.

05-11-2009 10:50 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Sniper in ambush idea

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH