Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » what ever happened to seiges ??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page what ever happened to seiges ??? 5 Votes - Average Rating: 7.005 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

what ever happened to seiges ??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

after recent discussions in the live chat, personal thoughts on how the server is going, i have been thinking long and hard, and i think i have come up with a vaiable solution to the current stalling of the uk server

for those that dont understand why ist stalling ill explain

Attacks- 90% of the time you know whats gonna happen, there is no fun anymore once the novelty has worn off and you settle into an attack pattern

Quests- even more so than attacks most have a questing set up that provides 80% to all no point in risking garentueed exp by trying our 15% normal quests

Expos- second best thing in bloodwars, risky challengeing, team building and great rewards, but....... half the month if not more is taken up by waiting for respawns etc etc, but thats a differant story

and finally...
Seiges
imo seiges are the most fun thing in bw, ive said it b4 and ill say it again they are the most underrated part of bw, nothing better than going all out on bw trying to muster the friends to help and makeing sure you win the battle HOWEVER they have stopped, completly stopped

why??? no need to merc out anymore as poh can be gained by buildings and attacks, and with all the polotics of our server offensive seiges just dont happen anymore

SO i propose this, its a simple application that would be easy to change in game and cause people MAYBE to want to seige again (or at least give another reason)

have the ability do downgrade your current squares buildings, in return for 30% of its reasources needed to create said level, cost 10 hours per level, no building can be built or unbuilt during this time

simple, this will have a few applications i can think off,
1 it will allow the smaller players who inherriet a square to dowgrade previously built up sections for tasks
2 you will be able to dowgrade peoples squares as an offensive action, thus heightening the urgency of take overs, and take backs
3 depending on exactly how this would work, could release valuble assets to the player
4 you will be able to redirect your squares overall reasources to help you improve which sections you like

ok discuss, anyone who thinks its a good idea rate the thread 10 and like wise if you believe its a bad idea, as no polls are allowed in this section

also i would very much like the devs response to this

thank you all for reading
Agresiel

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 06-23-2009 09:06.

06-23-2009 07:51 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Scyanide
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-29-2008
Clan: .DB.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"2 you will be able to dowgrade peoples squares as an offensive action, thus heightening the urgency of take overs, and take backs"

as you said before - politics and some people ideas created that you cant take any square from anyone ...

i was trying this and clans were receiving BoS or v13 help ( for example )... and i couldnt found any help because people helps in defensive sieges not in aggressive sieges or dont want to get involved in anything ( why do you think i created BK ?) ... they are happy and have entertainment from this currently very boring game ... and no matter how hard you will try you will not change they sometimes very weird principles ...
06-23-2009 09:39 Scyanide is offline Search for Posts by Scyanide Add Scyanide to your Buddy List
floydster
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-342.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS/V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

i was trying this and clans were receiving BoS or v13 help ( for example )

I think the only reason we helped out was because your clan attacked blp which is closely connected to v13 then you tried to take another square that was closely connected to a v13 member. Then there's the fact you were picking on small clans that had no chance against you. But lets no get side tracked on to another v13 thread. Smile

In general i like the idea but in the thread "Things that will never be added/changed" it does include destroying buildings. I know your not saying destroy but really downgrading them has the same affect.

It will be interesting to see what the people in charge have to say.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by floydster: 06-23-2009 13:58.

06-23-2009 13:27 floydster is offline Search for Posts by floydster Add floydster to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

You can always send them to empty squares.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

06-23-2009 14:06 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist

o, please Evan don't make nasty suggestions like thatShocked . What a shameful waste of resources that would be. Do you remember the big EoD - DB war? more than one good square got razed back then

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 06-23-2009 14:10.

06-23-2009 14:10 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Agresiel

quote:

In general i like the idea but in the thread "Things that will never be added/changed" it does include destroying buildings. I know your not saying destroy but really downgrading them has the same affect.

ahh but you can destroy buildings its not hard, you steal the square land them in a usless zone 5

then move to a empty square thus destroying the square

so "Things that will never be added/changed" is already wrong

my suggestion is just a less harsh varyation that would give some motavation for people to seige as reasourses could be gained as well as dowgradeing your enemys square

the devs have to realize that seiges are stale atm and something must be done

06-23-2009 14:26 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
floydster
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-342.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2008
Clan: BoS/V13

quote:
Originally posted by Agresiel
quote:

ahh but you can destroy buildings its not hard, you steal the square land them in a usless zone 5

then move to a empty square thus destroying the square

so "Things that will never be added/changed" is already wrong

I think what they mean is adding the ability to destroy individual building thus making it easier to complete building tasks.

moving out of a square then moving back is a very expensive way of doing things but is the best thing to do if you want to do an aggresive seige and give someone a rubbish square.

I do agree more seiges are needed be it poh or agressive. i have just been in a couple of offensive and defensive seiges and it was the most fun ive had for ages even if almost everyone involved on both sides lost all there poh. The more i think about it the more i think getting poh from ambushes was a bad idea. They should have gone with something along the lines of the fight pits Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by floydster: 06-23-2009 14:48.

06-23-2009 14:46 floydster is offline Search for Posts by floydster Add floydster to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

lol wow i don't like the idea of people being able to distroy buildings in squares :s thats a bit poo... but yeah.... that is the most fun on the game with sieges.... i haven't been in a proper good rumble since the new patch ¬_¬ which kinda sucks.... i think its crap with the poh patch on the server coz thats one of the main reasons why there isn't any sieges going on because people don't wanna lose poh :S i think they should re think that patch coz it made the game boring Smile

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

06-23-2009 15:07 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

it didnt make the game boring ..... do you remember times where we all just came on and barely used all of our attacks because it was impossible to gain PoH....

this patch made us all increase level alot faster due to the need for poh....

destroying buildings offencively is crap

if you were able to destroy buildings alot of people would have a shortage of resources .....

this does not get my vote

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

06-23-2009 16:43 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

It did make the game boring. I can't do any expos because I can't kill enough people to get so much exp in order to gain enough PoH for just one expo.

So yes maybe you say improve but I can't afford to. Atleast in siege I had some chance of getting PoH and they were fun!

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
06-23-2009 16:54 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

The answer is obvious, it won't be implemented.

And Agresiel, you receive a warning because it's in the Things that will never be added/changed thread...
quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
Posts and propositions about any of above will be closed/deleted and their authors will be given warnings.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

06-23-2009 16:56 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » what ever happened to seiges ???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH