Official Blood Wars Board (http://forum.bloodwars.net/index.php)
- News and announcements (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=1)
-- News (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=3)
--- Patch v. 1.2.2 (http://forum.bloodwars.net/thread.php?threadid=14666)

Posted by diablo on 12-15-2009 at13:14:

Patch v. 1.2.2

* Added tasks for beginners.

* Added Clan Armoury sorting. All items are now sorted by prefix (so all sets are grouped) and the jewellery is sorted by suffixes but only non-set jewellery is sorted this way.

* [Underworld] Added loot cap in money. If one of the players is level 35 or higher then you can gain max 30000 Lgo. This cap will prevent pushing through selling junk. Also the productivity of Brotherl is increased by 100%.

* Act II tasks which require a successful quest based on two or more parameters will be randomly chosen only when the player has completed all quests on a given level (far journeys or pilgrimages).

Posted by dooz on 12-15-2009 at13:24:

RE: Patch v. 1.2.2

what exactly does "beginners" mean, did anyone notice new task(s), I'm in z4 right now, and nothing new here. And z5 players care to check?

Posted by almerase on 12-15-2009 at14:24:

* [Underworld] Added loot cap in money. If one of the players is level 35 or higher then you can gain max 30000 Lgo. This cap will prevent pushing through selling junk. Also the productivity of Brotherl is increased by 100%.

That part sucks... The brothel gives way to little money for what it cost... And good bye helping others upgrading their squares :/

Posted by NouveauNosferatu on 12-15-2009 at14:49:

quote:
Originally posted by diablo

That's fantastic. I'm owed 115 junk in total from other player's through helping them build up their squares and now have no realistic way of recouping my losses.

Posted by Murderous on 12-15-2009 at15:20:

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu
quote:

That's fantastic. I'm owed 115 junk in total from other player's through helping them build up their squares and now have no realistic way of recouping my losses.

Yeah thats pretty bad, im happy with the brothel increase as said before it costs so much to build for little return but this building malarky is just going to get so much harder now and junk is going to be even more sparse than ever

EDIT: Bring it in so we can find junk in quests, random lots from 1 junk - say 50 junk or somet Smile Thanks lol

Posted by Lysandra on 12-15-2009 at16:19:

quote:
Originally posted by Murderous
quote:
quote:

Yeah thats pretty bad, im happy with the brothel increase as said before it costs so much to build for little return but this building malarky is just going to get so much harder now and junk is going to be even more sparse than ever

EDIT: Bring it in so we can find junk in quests, random lots from 1 junk - say 50 junk or somet Smile Thanks lol

Quests is how I get so much junk.,..in the form of stuff I don't need. I can literally make about... 100K in a few days depending what I find.

The real bad part about this new change is people won't help others build their squares anymore, there's no way to give them the money owed to do so now.

Posted by Murderous on 12-15-2009 at16:57:

quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra
quote:
Originally posted by Murderous
quote:
quote:

Quests is how I get so much junk.,..in the form of stuff I don't need. I can literally make about... 100K in a few days depending what I find.

The real bad part about this new change is people won't help others build their squares anymore, there's no way to give them the money owed to do so now.

Yeah im having to delete all my finds for mana lol, even when i dont i probably only make 20k every 2 - 3 days and i think this might just make sieging a bit more active with no one having the spare cash to give someone through battles to build there square

You can probably guess what i mean by find junk, During the quest the following items were found, cap (+1), 4 Junk Pieces

Posted by Foxy on 12-15-2009 at17:00:

Ima little vague on bottom (task quest one), is it mainly quest task = finish the area of quest in?

Posted by Murderous on 12-15-2009 at17:43:

I think it means you have to complete all the quests then once you have done that you will have a chance of landing the task in the quests

Posted by Foxy on 12-15-2009 at17:45:

O so like Wolf king = all quest done (i.e. pilgrims) now?

Posted by fool on 12-15-2009 at17:59:

no that is not act two it says quest that requeri two or more pramenters

Posted by Murderous on 12-15-2009 at17:59:

No because you can randomly land wolf king without completing all the pilgs first, i think it means complete ALL the pilgs FIRST then you can get a chance of landing it

Dont quote me im just saying what i think it means lol, someone got the real answer or am i right... for once? lol

Posted by smierc on 12-15-2009 at18:48:

Also the productivity of Brotherl is increased by 100%.

should be brothel

Posted by Foxy on 12-15-2009 at18:53:

quote:
Originally posted by smierc
Also the productivity of Brotherl is increased by 100%.

should be brothel

He is right =P, i'll check if Pawnshop is

EDIT
No it does not (pawnshop) only brothel sadly but still woot

Posted by Szeszej on 12-15-2009 at19:47:

1. It's basically tutorial

2. No questions here I see

3. Yes, this is the intention - now you have no way of helping someone build up their square.

4. There are some tasks in A2 which require you to pass a test on two attributes, but if you haven't passed one of the attributes already the quest would fail anyway so we decided that it's too much of a punishment to give you a quest that you have no chance of passing.

Posted by Apollo on 12-15-2009 at19:56:

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
3. Yes, this is the intention - now you have no way of helping someone build up their square.

But why? That was a nice touch it was good to see some good gamesmanship and some acts of random kindness...This might suck all that out of the game it didnt have much in it to begin with Frown I think this is a mistake Szes players are pretty selfish as it is it warmed our hearts to see people like the top 50 helping lower people with tasks and squares:

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=22464421&key=27a8e5c557

That was for the graveyard a while back. Yes it might be classed as cheating the system but who cares it's like IRL when somebody gives someone their parking ticket when they have finished with it. I mean come on this is going to have bad repercussions I feel.

Although saying that I predict we will see the return of more loot seiges Tongue

Posted by Mortis on 12-15-2009 at20:04:

I think if you want to prevent pushing it should be vice-versa. If one of the players is below lvl 35 then cap it. We all know what masses of Lgo are down there. It's easier to push at early levels then at top levels and moreover at top levels no one would risk it.
And I dont see anything bad on helping others with upgrading of their squares.

Posted by dooz on 12-15-2009 at21:34:

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
1. It's basically tutorial

2. No questions here I see

4. There are some tasks in A2 which require you to pass a test on two attributes, but if you haven't passed one of the attributes already the quest would fail anyway so we decided that it's too much of a punishment to give you a quest that you have no chance of passing.

1. is it tasks i need to complete to get my task count up?

Posted by Szeszej on 12-15-2009 at21:34:

Yes, we banned it because we considered it pushing and no, in my opinion the fact that you can get a mass of lgo at low levels is not pushing, it's simply the fact that low level players stopped playing a long time ago and their wealth has accumulated. You get out of this "easy farm" stage pretty quickly though, 5-7 levels.

Posted by Chopski on 12-15-2009 at22:01:

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
I think if you want to prevent pushing it should be vice-versa. If one of the players is below lvl 35 then cap it. We all know what masses of Lgo are down there. It's easier to push at early levels then at top levels and moreover at top levels no one would risk it.
And I dont see anything bad on helping others with upgrading of their squares.

I agree, it's good to help out others when they need it. In theory you should cap people and blood in the same way then as that would also be considered pushing......

Bad move Frown

Posted by Apollo on 12-15-2009 at22:05:

quote:
Originally posted by Chopski
In theory you should cap people and blood in the same way then as that would also be considered pushing......

Bad move Frown

lol Don't encourage them Shocked like I said its always had a nice feel to hit when you help out a lower person and now this is being taken away now come on have a sense of good will? Frown

Posted by Nosforano on 12-15-2009 at22:27:

I think with the selling of junk for equal amount of stones patch, if you gain alot of lgo as a favour from someone else, whats to stop you from selling that lgo as junk.

I know u could have done that before, but junk is worth more stones now...hence the risk of pushing.

BUT......with these new tasks asking you to donate an amount of resource to whoever, the demand for junk, people and blood is going to be massive.
With the employment agency giving more people and the brothel giving more lgo...GREAT.

I would like to see a different way to prevent pushing of lgo / junk for stones instead of a cap but I don`t have an answer for it.

Posted by kobruk on 12-15-2009 at22:30:

I've helped a lot of people upgrade their squares and never expected payment in return.

If you're talking of goodwill it's about helping friends and clanmembers, not getting paid for having the ability to attain a higher level of build than someone else.

Can't say this will affect my helping out in any way whatsoever.

Posted by Chopski on 12-15-2009 at22:38:

quote:
Originally posted by kobruk
I've helped a lot of people upgrade their squares and never expected payment in return.

If you're talking of goodwill it's about helping friends and clanmembers, not getting paid for having the ability to attain a higher level of build than someone else.

Can't say this will affect my helping out in any way whatsoever.

I guess that depends on how much you help out then bud. Junk is more expensive now. If you help one person every couple of months then of course there won't be a change but some people try to help out their clan members/friends as much as poss (this is in no way a dig btw as you have helped me before) and it isn't feasible (especially with the price increase) to upgrade the same amount as before. Higher level buildings cost a lot more too. OK, it may be considered cheating or pushing but it's very helpful to give someone some lgo for them to upgrade a couple of buildings for you, especially if they are an absorber for example. Some people like yourself will happily spend their own junk doing it but I'm sure that junk will only stretch so far... Unless of course it is you who keeps getting all the junk from the auction! If it is then lets square swap for a bit Wink

Posted by kobruk on 12-15-2009 at22:45:

hehe, wish I was that lucky mate Smile

nah, I just sell a lot of what I find, can generally make a fair bit and I have a nice nest egg for now. As long as I keep selling quest finds hopefully it won't impact me or the clan too much, that said I'm not upping Police Stations to high levels on every swap so it's not running me millions of Lgo every few days.

and you know I'm always happy to swap mate, although I'd lay good odds your square kicks my butt now anyway, lol Tongue

Posted by CESARZ on 12-16-2009 at15:45:

quote:

* Added Clan Armoury sorting. All items are now sorted by prefix (so all sets are grouped) and the jewellery is sorted by suffixes but only non-set jewellery is sorted this way.

well can be option to switch it off, i have all blood items my clan and before this patch i have better sorting items than its made now

Posted by Artoir. on 12-17-2009 at02:12:

quote:
quote:

Some forewarning would have been useful Frown

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH