Official Blood Wars Board (http://forum.bloodwars.net/index.php)
- Blood Wars (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=6)
-- Looks of the game (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=10)
--- New graphics for legendary items! (http://forum.bloodwars.net/thread.php?threadid=16767)

Posted by diablo on 03-01-2010 at16:39:

Lamp New graphics for legendary items!

Fellow players of Bloodwars!
Hereby I urge you to a foolish attempt to get a new, better graphics for legendary items.
Click on the option of your liking and maybe we achieve a change.
Legendary items deserve a legendary look!

Ehm, could a proper mod make this a poll please. Thanks
Options:
- Yes, I want new graphics
- No, the existing one is fine

Posted by Pops on 03-01-2010 at17:10:

poll added Wink

Posted by Foxy on 03-01-2010 at17:19:

RE: New graphics for legendary items!

Yes =)

Fusy thing in front makes them look worse =)

Posted by diablo on 03-02-2010 at12:07:

wow, there are still people who voted no?

Posted by demonfury v2 on 03-02-2010 at12:38:

indeed people have voted no, may be because they like it how it is??? just a guess there dude, but some people obviously dont think like the majority of us do Wink

Posted by NouveauNosferatu on 03-02-2010 at12:52:

I haven't voted, but if i did, it would likely be no.

The images are grand in my opinion, and i would prefer the devs working on more fundamental matters, rather than something that is purely aesthetic.

That said, i wont object if they are changed either, hence why i didnt vote.

Posted by FlashAOD on 03-02-2010 at13:49:

Exactly.

Why waste my time with a new picture when they can be working on other things

Posted by diablo on 03-02-2010 at14:14:

FYI, C47 is the one who is doing the graphics, while Konrad and Sushi-maker are the game devs. At least as far as I know.
So the creation of a few new pics wouldn't be on the cost of other game development.

Posted by FlashAOD on 03-02-2010 at14:19:

Hmmm.

If thats how it is its not too bad, but if all devs are involved in this thing i wouldnt want them all doing it when there could be other things done

Posted by OTNC on 03-02-2010 at16:47:

Hmm i just think the current legendary is slightly out of phase with the current normal-good-perfect images.

Just a slight upgrade to make it fit in a little more with the said image sets would do well i think Smile

Posted by Mortis on 03-02-2010 at16:50:

Yep it needs change.. the current ones are pure crap.

Posted by Unholy Emperor on 03-02-2010 at21:17:

I do feel that Legendary weapon images, should be entirely different looking than they're non-legendary counterparts. So i voted Yes.

Posted by Cthulhu on 03-02-2010 at22:54:

Yes - give us a decent looking pic.

C47 - the current bit sepia speckling is too literal - I don't think the word "legendary" in this context is meant to mean ancient, like it was a weapon my great grandad was using, is it?
I thought it was meant to mean butt-kickingly awesome - like it is so good, legends have been written about it.

I want my shurikens to look like they would make a ninja pop his pants! Big Grin Tongue

Posted by Souleater393 on 03-03-2010 at21:05:

Yep, it needs a change
New picture needed now !! Big Grin

Posted by OTNC on 03-03-2010 at22:36:

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
Yes - give us a decent looking pic.

C47 - the current bit sepia speckling is too literal - I don't think the word "legendary" in this context is meant to mean ancient, like it was a weapon my great grandad was using, is it?
I thought it was meant to mean butt-kickingly awesome - like it is so good, legends have been written about it.

I want my shurikens to look like they would make a ninja pop his pants! Big Grin Tongue

hmm havent you contradicted yourself there?

i always kind of likened it to like if someone irl found hercules' sword [if he had one, and assuming he was real], that would be a legendary sword. i assumed things were legendary because they were older and thus legends written about them.

Posted by Apollo on 03-04-2010 at00:14:

tbh with you I'm not really that arsed Tongue I don't spend all my BW time looking at my legendary weapons Cool

And my Leg Perf Light 2h Sword is pretty cool I think Big Grin so yup I think there are bigger issues that need sorting...

I did vote yes though Wink to keep you all happy and yeah anything new is normally good in BW until everyone gets bored and asks for more new stuff Tongue

@ Mortis; maybe your scorpios just look crap anyway Pleased oh yeah I went there Tongue 2h weapons tend to look pretty feckin awesome on Legendary/Perfect Big Grin

Posted by diablo on 03-04-2010 at08:44:

Apollo, is it the pictures of perfect 2h weapons or legendary perfect 2h weapons you like? There is a major difference between those two. I agree with the perfect 2h weapons, they really look awesome, but I'd disagree with the leg. perf. 2h weapons.

Posted by Cthulhu on 03-04-2010 at13:06:

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC

hmm havent you contradicted yourself there?

i always kind of likened it to like if someone irl found hercules' sword [if he had one, and assuming he was real], that would be a legendary sword. i assumed things were legendary because they were older and thus legends written about them.

Hmmm, I don't think I did?

Just because there is a legend about something, doesn't mean it has to old & tatty "looking".

That is the point Diablo is making.

They may be legendary wepaons / items - but that doesn't mean they have to "look" old. Maybe when you first find it... but once you cleaned it, worked on it, & blooded it, surely it's legendary awesomeness would sparkle like new!

Think of Narsil in LotR - it may have been broken & ancient, but once it had been reforged, it looked like an awesome death-dealer. Big Grin

Surely we all want our weapons to look like that?

Posted by Artoir. on 03-05-2010 at01:30:

I voted yes, and then in hindsight changed my mind. I was tempted to delete your poll, but I decided that would be unfair Big Grin

Makes no difference to me personally

Posted by Ba_al on 03-05-2010 at03:36:

the way i see it is this

the pic isnt goin to make the wepon better in terms of effects

so i coudnt care less lol

i havnt even voted hehe

Posted by Apollo on 03-05-2010 at23:28:

Right here are my two perfect weaps...

Which do you lot think look better ino they both look amazin Big Grin Wink but if I have to be honest I probably prefer the shiny-ness of the Perfect Mace so yeah in comparison Legendary isnt as good Frown but it's not a major concern of mine considering they both look awesome anyways Smile

Posted by Matt Compton on 05-09-2010 at22:11:

When my first Legendary item dropped I was like omfg yay woohoo!

LEGENDARY MAGNUM!!!!!!!!

Only to discover it looked exactly equally crappy as the normal magnum that even the lowest punks in Dirty Harry movies wouldn't want to touch with a pole.

Posted by Pops on 05-11-2010 at19:16:

Matt Compton the last post was over a month ago.... warning for necropost as your comment added nothing new to the discussion.... thread closed

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH