Official Blood Wars Board (http://forum.bloodwars.net/index.php)
- Blood Wars (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=6)
-- Game system (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=9)
--- Experience tattoo - red X needed? (http://forum.bloodwars.net/thread.php?threadid=17525)

Posted by Philly on 04-04-2010 at17:55:

Experience tattoo - red X needed?

This previously occured to me when a friend of mine, with black knight tattoos, said he didn't want to fully upgrade his experience tattoo simply because he didn't want to have to look at a giant red X in the Throne Hall. It may seem like an insignificant gesture, but others may feel the same when it comes to the experience tattoos that *only* give an aura.
I was wondering whether a change could be made to show the tattoos that only give auras, no matter what equipment is currently on. Any thoughts on this idea?

Posted by Apollo on 04-04-2010 at18:15:

RE: Experience tattoo - red X needed?

quote:
Originally posted by Philly
This previously occured to me when a friend of mine, with black knight tattoos, said he didn't want to fully upgrade his experience tattoo simply because he didn't want to have to look at a giant red X in the Throne Hall.

LOL Thats exactly the same reason why mine is at Level 4 still :')

I think your suggestion is good Smile and would like to see it brought in asap and heres me thinking I was being silly and OCD-ish Tongue thankyou for raising the point and your BK friend is a genius Cool

Posted by Unholy Emperor on 04-06-2010 at16:27:

So i could do up my BK exp tatt to level 5 and it'll still give me the extra exp even though my items dont match teh defence requirement?

Posted by Apollo on 04-06-2010 at16:38:

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy Emperor
So i could do up my BK exp tatt to level 5 and it'll still give me the extra exp even though my items dont match teh defence requirement?

Yup

Aura always works means it doesnt matter if your stuff doesnt fit the requirements Wink

Posted by Artoir. on 04-08-2010 at01:10:

Or, we could let the admin use the little time they have between running the game, boards and actualy living half a life, to improve the actual game and implement some useful patches?

Posted by Philly on 04-08-2010 at04:39:

well aren't we abit snappy o.O
it seemed like a fairly easy coding thing to do, to me... not exactly long and complicated like having set items equipped... i wasn't exactly asking for an entire patch to be dedicated to this, i was simply wondering if it were at all possible in the future.

Posted by diablo on 04-08-2010 at08:52:

Out of 9 tattoos, 3 (Monk, hunter, sniper) have extra traits on the xp tattoo, so you'd have to hard code it for every tattoo. Please don't get me wrong, I'd prefer your idea to be implemented, but it is much easier to keep it the way it is now.
Also, BKs are the only ones complaining Wink
I can't see a logical reason why not to upgrade the tattoo because of a red X over it...

Posted by Faquarl on 04-08-2010 at11:26:

if it bothers you having a little red cross there then work out where it will be on your screen and stick a piece of tape or something over it to hide it..... i think i should be a developer with genius ideas like that >_>

Posted by FlashAOD on 04-08-2010 at11:36:

But as Unholy Emporer clearly stated eirlyer, he didnt even know you could have a tattoo at level 5 and have itr still work lol.

Im sure this is also the case for quite alot other players aswell, when it says ;

Level: 5
Effects: -
Aura (always works): experience +10 %

And theres a huge red X there.. a littloe bit of common sence would say.. ok fine it doesnt work.. but obviously once you get to know it.. then it does.

Posted by Cthulhu on 04-18-2010 at00:15:

LOL

a) I can't believe you people are denying yourself experience & speedy growth in the game, just because you don't like the look of a red cross - that is just crazy speak!

b) as per Artoir said, I'm sure there are actual useful things the Devs could be doing with their time instead of something a pointless as this.

c) how much time do you spend staring at your profile page anyway? Clearly waaaaay too long - try spending a bit more time getting better at the game, and then that red cross will go away for good. Tongue Wink

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH