Official Blood Wars Board (http://forum.bloodwars.net/index.php)
- General (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=12)
-- Players (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=47)
--- MEETING New section (http://forum.bloodwars.net/thread.php?threadid=2636)

Posted by Scillage on 08-11-2008 at20:15:

New section

Hello players! Welcome to the new section of the board!

Here you can post threads asking for people who live in your area, and/or arrange a meeting with a group of you! The idea is that you get a group of around 4 or more of you and meet for a drink and a chat.

The guidelines for meeting service:

1. Never meet alone.
2. Make sure that someone knows where you are.
3. Don't be pressured into meeting some people.
4. Meet somewhere where it is busy, and where people can see you.

I hope to see lots of threads and positive results!

Happy Meeting,
Scillage

Posted by Hespera on 08-12-2008 at03:26:

It's a great idea but I don't think I live on the right side of the ocean for this Frown
Hope others get a chance to meet up.

Posted by Raxis on 08-12-2008 at12:05:

I can see one problem... but I won't mention it. I know someone who plays BWars who lives nearby already lol

Posted by Scillage on 08-12-2008 at12:39:

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
I can see one problem... but I won't mention it. I know someone who plays BWars who lives nearby already lol

But most players don't know if players live near them.

Posted by DemonDude on 08-12-2008 at12:43:

I thought he didnt mention the problem!!!

He was just saying that he knows sum1 who plays BW??

That right or rong Raxis???

Whats the problem???

Posted by Scillage on 08-12-2008 at12:47:

I can see a problem as well, but lets give this a chance, eh?

Posted by Raxis on 08-12-2008 at12:56:

Never said don't I'm just warning people to be wary.

Posted by Mortis on 08-12-2008 at13:40:

If you have any concerns connected with this then share them with us.

Posted by Raxis on 08-12-2008 at13:51:

It's sorta obvious. Same reason why really it's not a good idea to meet up with people over chat rooms. BAsically if the groups are more than pairs then fine.

Could I use this to get people to come to one of my gigs too... then meet them after?

Posted by Mortis on 08-12-2008 at14:03:

Hmm, so you are afraid something might happen to you or what?

Posted by Raxis on 08-12-2008 at14:07:

not to me, but some of the people on here aren't very old at all. I'm fine, but I worry for other people

Posted by Mortis on 08-12-2008 at14:23:

I see, but this public thread will tell you with whom are you going and also everyone will know it. For security reasons then I recommend to do all communication regarding the possible meeting here on forum.

Posted by Raxis on 08-12-2008 at14:26:

Oh yes I get that. but you don't know who you are meeting in truth.

Overall yes I like hte idea, but I have to get the doubt I have with it out there, being wary is always better than being sorry.

Still I want to know if I could use this to advertise my gigs?

Posted by Mortis on 08-12-2008 at14:29:

Well, its the same as in real life. When you meet someone, they can lie to you about everything like can someone lie you over internet. Dont be so scared. Something can happen to you anywhere you go, so take same precautions like always and you should be fine.

Also, what are gigs?

Posted by Raxis on 08-12-2008 at14:33:

Slightly different then RL. When you meet someone in real life you can see pretty much from the off who they are, at least I can, I am very cautious around new people, but this is organised meetings, you know you are meeting someone before you do actually meet them.

Gigs. Shows. Basically I could get people to come see my band, and then talk to them after Big Grin

Posted by AudatiousTitan on 08-12-2008 at14:42:

Mabye, since ppl will be posting in the thread, it would be a good idea to actually state were you are from in your user cp Tongue

Posted by Raxis on 08-12-2008 at14:44:

I think that'd do it AudatiousTitan (Your name is a pain to type out). I think that'd be the best way of going about it indeed. That would settle the uneasiness I feel for others.

Posted by Scillage on 08-12-2008 at22:08:

1. Never meet alone.

Posted by DemonDude on 08-12-2008 at22:37:

Yes, but thats the rules on many chat sites that you see people going missing on on the news!!!

It doesnt mean they will folow it!!!!

And i no a lot of 12-15 year olds play this.. very encouragable age!!!

Tho i doubt theres any pedos or anything that will use BW to find people.. they will use proper chat sites!!!

Posted by bobalob57 on 08-13-2008 at10:58:

well if your worried about it then follow scillages rules and meet up in town on a saterday, where theres lots of people [not in a random field in the middle of nowhere], maybe that was scillages 4th rule that he forgot?

Posted by Scillage on 08-13-2008 at12:45:

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude
It doesnt mean they will folow it!!!!

Well, that is their own problem. They don't wanna follow the rules, they take the risks (but I very much doubt that peadophiles would use a game rather than a chat room).

And thanks bob, I think that it was something along those lines. I've edited it in.

Posted by Cthulhu on 08-13-2008 at17:52:

Raxis - I understand your concern; but as Mortis & Scill says, if players feel pressured or unsure of whether they should meet other people & then go ahead & do it, then it is their own look out.

As well as arrangements being done via board, I think it would also be advisable if when arranging meetings that they find out a little bit about the player they are meeting. I mean - I'm an adult; & no offense to the younger players - but I probably wouldn't wanna meet up. However, I might consider it if I knew the player was of similar age & interests - so at least we could have a beer & a chat.

Anyway; I think it's a good section for the boards - well done Scill. Wink

Posted by Sarahahaha on 08-29-2008 at23:10:

hey scill...

quote:

1. Never meet alone.

reckon you could stick this up in an edited version of ur first post? Cos people who aren't me are most likely not to scroll down and read the advice! Big Grin

(I just realised im currently being seiged by you Big Grin hahaha Big Grin )

Posted by Scillage on 08-30-2008 at11:16:

Ok, thanks for that, added. PS. We won XD

Posted by Nosforano on 08-30-2008 at13:10:

quote:
Originally posted by scillage

1. Never meet alone.

A great idea, NB if out for an alcoholic beverage must be 18years old or more.

Also all weapons must be left at home, no ambushes etc Wink

Posted by Sarahahaha on 09-03-2008 at19:54:

Damn the weapons rule, i was going to bring my new Uzi Wink

lol Tongue

and yeah, take ID ya fools Big Grin

Posted by Paranoia on 09-03-2008 at20:32:

one person i would actually like to meet would be diablo.... he seems pretty cool Smile

Posted by diablo on 09-03-2008 at20:41:

A long way from Wales to Tonbridge (or London) Wink
But not impossible.

Posted by Raxis on 09-04-2008 at01:47:

Agreed with UG3

Posted by Paranoia on 09-04-2008 at11:10:

yep Smile

Posted by tatiana on 09-04-2008 at14:10:

The day i will have 5000$ to spend freely, i will take a flight in UK and meet some people there, including Diablo Mortis UG3.. but like Chtulu said, i don't think i'd like to meet younger players.. no offenceWink

hm well i don't want to be arrogant but i don't think i will have anything to talk with a young like 12 years old... in my life i hang more with people of my age...( i'm 28 )

for example: i was waiting with the kid for the school bus in the street. i use to talk sometime with a guy who's like 15. we saw a damn pretty women get in a car.. i say: that's really a nice model of car don't you think? he said what? so i say well the women... he answer.. DUDE that's a mother... LOL

i could say i don't play video game a lot.. i have way pass the point to be drunk, i don't do party like i did when i was 15-16-17-18..
i work a lot.. i have experience of life that kid or teenager don't. im not saying i know all of life but the point is anyway i would like more to meet a person of my age .. that's itWink and anyway.. where i live i will never likely meet someone of BW
i hope i don't offense anyone.. anyway
sorry for my poor englishWink

Posted by Paranoia on 09-04-2008 at16:28:

well tatiana thats a fair point but people like me for instance are of an age where we can actually go to the pub and have a chat.. where as you have alot of people playing this game whos main concerns are doing well in school.

granted it is a very good idea but i dont understand why the 30+ players should have a problem meeting with say an 18-20 year old Smile

any younger and i can understand Smile

Posted by makavelli on 10-06-2008 at10:13:

quote:
Originally posted by UG3
well tatiana thats a fair point but people like me for instance are of an age where we can actually go to the pub and have a chat.. where as you have alot of people playing this game whos main concerns are doing well in school.

granted it is a very good idea but i dont understand why the 30+ players should have a problem meeting with say an 18-20 year old Smile

any younger and i can understand Smile

30+ u lot of golden oldies Wink

Posted by DeathRanger on 10-06-2008 at17:26:

Sounds a good idea i looked into meeting with some of my clan mates but logistically was a nigthmare lol!

I live in Manchester but im at university in Cardiff so i can do any place near either of those! It sure would be interesting to meet real people off here!

It would be cool to meet the top players just because on here they rule supreme and we all fear them lol so would be good to meet them in real life and find out they were nice people!

Could make for some hilarious chats after!! Big Grin

Posted by faceeater on 10-06-2008 at18:47:

Dont Be So Bloody Stupid

so I'm 33 and my son used to play but has quit and deleted, he is 12, if i found out he was meeting someone off the web i would hit the roof, he would need a hearing aid i would blow his ears clean off his head, so ok you make a meet for 4, 1 gets delayed at work, 1 forgets/bottles out, and my 12 year old is left with a freak with suicidal tendencies, ERM HELLO, this website should in no way condone this, if someone gets hurt you leave yourself open to all sorts of legal ramifications.

Posted by Artoir. on 10-07-2008 at05:19:

To be honest I don't think that's too good an idea either, unless they're going with someone they already know and have met in RL. Even then I would be hesitant letting my younger siblings to the same thing..

Posted by Raxis on 10-07-2008 at15:30:

Yet when I raised this poiunt right at the beginning people basically laughed at me!

I think 18+ is fine

Posted by DeathRanger on 10-07-2008 at15:36:

18+ is fine but what i think Faceater is gettin at is the fact that any1 can say how old they are on here. So basically his son could say he is 18+ even though he's 12 and end up in trouble! there's no way of knowing really. Its up to the people involved to be very sensible and know who u are meeting up with before meeting in person!

I would like to meet people but i understand that its not always that easy!

Posted by Pops on 11-04-2008 at00:51:

just thought of a flaw in what scillage said. maybe a peado would use a game site. as kids use games and there is a chat facility with pm available. maybe you should put in your initial post that it would only be recommended for those 18 plus and/or with good common sense. in a big group i totally agree with. just make sure you know who you are looking for when you arrange to meet too. could be embarrassing asking a complete stranger if they play. lol just thinking of safety

Posted by Murderous on 06-25-2009 at01:30:

Well when said dont meet alone...

Im 21 and i wouldnt bother but for people younger "dont meet alone" to me means take a friend/responsible adult not go alone and meet other people.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH