Official Blood Wars Board (http://forum.bloodwars.net/index.php)
- News and announcements (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=1)
-- Announcements (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=2)
--- Balancing Patch - January 2013 (http://forum.bloodwars.net/thread.php?threadid=32024)

Posted by Szeszej on 12-13-2012 at16:36:

Balancing Patch - January 2013

What can you expect in the upcoming balancing patch:
We'll be implementing another balancing patch in January, some of the features implemented are:
Necro:
Drop rate of the best items increased (directly – price and through expanding the number of zones they can drop):
Sniper Rifle
Chainsaw
Katana
Composite bow
One-handed melee weapons gain an act bonus:
Act2 = ignores 20% defence
Act3 = ignores 40% defence
WARNING: demonic and cursed affixes will nullify the defence ignoring effect.
Enlightened evolution at level 4 will increase the damage of guns by 1 points per 2 points of Knowledge.
PoP auctions added (you can still trade directly).

Necro:
Equaling junk sell and buy prices. That would also entail:
All junk currently in the game will be doubled
You can get a maximum of 30.000 LGO from ambushes (like on UW).
“Good Samaritan” option allowing to join an expedition to help but the Samaritan doesn't receive any experience, any experience he would receive is taken by the system.

Necro/UW:
Regeneration effects on level 1 disposable items will be balanced (lowered).
Caravan DeLuxe will be modified to make it more attractive (for exampling by enabling it only for a few days).

UW:
Throwing Knife and Throwing Axe get an addition attack at around good+4
Throwing Knife gets increased damage by 1 per 4 Intelligence at perfect +4
Throwing Axe gets +1 damage per 4 Intelligence at perfect +4 and +1 damage per 3 Intelligence at perfect +5
Hit bonus for light ranged weapons will be removed from Venom Glands evolution, to compensate light ranged weapons get +1 hit per 1 point of Knowledge.
Critical damage modifier for ranged weapons (light and heavy) will be lowered by approximately 0,5-1, this bonus will be included in ranged tattoos instead.

We're still working on balancing The Gunman tattoo and improving Searing Blood for Cultists.
We're also preparing balance changes for the 4th and 5th locations for KotH on Necro.

Posted by LucifersAngel on 12-13-2012 at17:34:

Presumably you'll be releasing all the balances for ranged weapons, koth and gunman tat at the same time? Or are those for later patches?

Posted by Firetrap on 12-13-2012 at17:48:

"Venom Sacs" doesn't sound like fun Frown

As for crit multiplier you're just moving it to tattoos?

Posted by FlashAOD on 12-13-2012 at18:56:

quote:
“Good Samaritan” option allowing to join an expedition to help but the Samaritan doesn't receive any experience, any experience he would receive is taken by the system.

Can anybody clarify this to me? It makes no sense to me o.O If you join an expo to help the smaller guys.. you get no exp anyway, so this option is redundant. Or why would somebody choice to join an expo they get exp from, to get no exp at all.

The only thing i can think of is that it may not make the monster as hardcore if you say your not going to get exp from it maybe?

Posted by warlock619 on 12-13-2012 at19:26:

What I'm thinking is that maybe it's an option to join an expo if you've already joined one that day

Posted by DemonDude2 on 12-13-2012 at19:28:

All good info, but what about the things intended for this year? New expo page and rune set ... i needs them! =D

Posted by Izuall on 12-13-2012 at20:14:

Balancing gunman tattooes? In order to make them better or worse?

Posted by Szeszej on 12-13-2012 at20:58:

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
"Venom Sacs" doesn't sound like fun Frown

As for crit multiplier you're just moving it to tattoos?

Fixed Smile

Crit multiplier will be lowered AND moved to tattoos.

As for the things intended for this year - they will come, just not this year Frown

Posted by steco on 12-13-2012 at21:02:

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
Necro:
Equaling junk sell and buy prices. That would also entail:
All junk currently in the game will be doubled

so if i got 100now i will have 200 after patch?

Posted by DemonDude2 on 12-13-2012 at22:20:

quote:

As for the things intended for this year - they will come, just not this year Frown

aww shame, but glad their still planned thanks for feed back szes.

I am still confused on the ranged crit change though:

lowered and moved = crit damage is lowered + the reduction is countered by a new crit dmg bonus in select tattoos ?

Which ranged tattoos are changing and are their going to be any other changes to them other than this crit stuff?

Posted by LucifersAngel on 12-13-2012 at22:23:

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
quote:

aww shame, but glad their still planned thanks for feed back szes.

I am still confused on the ranged crit change though:

lowered and moved = crit damage is lowered + the reduction is countered by a new crit dmg bonus in select tattoos ?

Which ranged tattoos are changing and are their going to be any other changes to them other than this crit stuff?

On the topic of ranged weapons; maybe the vengeance suffix will become useful again at some point in the future as well?

Posted by Paranoia on 12-14-2012 at01:16:

basically with ranged they want to balance the TA and TK but they also want people to actually USE the ranged tattoos and stop all this solar set + heavy xbow crap...

Smile

Posted by Bowmore on 12-17-2012 at10:34:

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
quote:

Can anybody clarify this to me? It makes no sense to me o.O If you join an expo to help the smaller guys.. you get no exp anyway, so this option is redundant. Or why would somebody choice to join an expo they get exp from, to get no exp at all.

The only thing i can think of is that it may not make the monster as hardcore if you say your not going to get exp from it maybe?

One of the strategies on Necro is slow growth to maximize stats. The Good Samaritan option would allow people using that approach to join expos without growing too quickly.

Posted by Izuall on 12-17-2012 at14:44:

Do you know anything concerning gunman's tattoos?

Posted by grind on 01-07-2013 at18:28:

RE: Balancing Patch - January 2013

gun users keep being underpowered. What about this just to start with ??? Big Grin

One-handed guns gain an act bonus:

This could at least solve some of the gun user problems with big tough mobs/opponents!!

Posted by Scotland The Brave. on 01-07-2013 at18:59:

grind dont bother with that as thats Necro but would be nice on under

Posted by LucifersAngel on 01-07-2013 at21:19:

quote:
Originally posted by grind
gun users keep being underpowered. What about this just to start with ??? Big Grin

This could at least solve some of the gun user problems with big tough mobs/opponents!!

As much as I'd love that, it would be a tad OP in the end game.

Posted by DemonDude2 on 01-08-2013 at08:23:

quote:

.... well .... maybe 5% and 10% but def not 20 and 40 lol way too high

Posted by alyat on 01-08-2013 at10:47:

well i like some proposals of the discussions on polish board
(what i can understand with googletranslate^^)

its something about gunmantattoo and scorpio

gunman should stay as glasscanon but tattoorequ should be fixed for up to 35def
maybe another attack would be fine or to raise crit modifier like gangster

scorpio should get bit defignore and some crit (cause with endgamegear its nearly impossible to get crit as 1h gunner especially as gangster)

they think about changing knowledgebonus from 1/3dmg to 2/3 dmg

sound like that patch will help 1h gunner to get back to be more attractive in game
(not many left in top50)

p.s. there is some other rubbish they discuss and thats about attacks for every 30int
but thats complete nonsense cause only chance of getting these kind of bonus are suffix jewls^^ this will work maybe on r9 but at our server its way to hard to get it

Posted by grind on 01-08-2013 at18:35:

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
quote:

.... well .... maybe 5% and 10% but def not 20 and 40 lol way too high

that is not too high, against 1h guns the only def is toughness, so this would just rebalance pvp a little bit, but would let us get a much better damage output with mobs from basilisk and higher.
Any damage output increase could work, ignoring defence or increasing damage is more or less the same.
I am pretty curious to see how they will deal with the problem, because I would have changed tattoo and gear since long if my clan wouldn't need me as gunman for KOTH!

2h melee are getting really hard to take down now they have pref and suffixed 2h legendary weapons, and globally melee and ranged are much more effective.
If gunman is supposed to be a glass cannon, damge should be much higher, not lower than those who are not sharing its fragility!

Posted by W A R L O R D on 01-09-2013 at20:29:

quote:

Why not make it like below for guns..

Ignores 1% Defence for every 2 Levels beyond 65 (Act 3 Entry level).

That way, it isn't maxed out too early Smile

Posted by Ghaldria on 01-14-2013 at12:15:

can we get info when it comes ? it says january patch and we got 14th already so Big Grin

Posted by Lokki on 01-14-2013 at18:35:

yes , throw us a a bone here guys Big Grin

Posted by Szeszej on 01-14-2013 at22:02:

As always, when it's done Wink

Posted by FlashAOD on 01-14-2013 at22:29:

Is it still planned for January? Wink

Posted by DemonDude2 on 01-14-2013 at23:34:

The release date is only half the battle, i would much rather be kept in the loop on the teams progress on the patch and the inner workings of their decisions. Theirs a set of basic information you should be giving out during times like this:

What stage is the patch in:

All these questions would be easily answered if their was a simple update every week or 2.
Twice a month is hardly a challange, 10-15 mins to write up the info and then each servers admin translate it and add it to their site.

This could easily be added to http://www.bwteam.pl/ with a nice little BWs UI a few times a month. Its this sort of developer feedback that makes a company look more legitimate and caring to its players - accross any language barrier. It is also a key factor in why community and text based facebook games do so well, they get regular update and information from the developers.

Take LoL for an example, they update on a weekly basis and we dont even want that. Monthly is fine.

==========
Even if the work is slow and we get 3 updates of "Still in development, working on _ _ _"
Thats much better than nothing.
==========

PLEASE respond to this Szeszej.

So, What stage are the coders in?

Posted by Szeszej on 01-21-2013 at14:35:

Demondude - that would be great in an ideal world where we have a lot of people working on community relations, schedules etc., but at the moment there isn't that many of us here and we'd really rather focus on implementing things rather than making posts about implementing things. Besides, our updates aren't that unfrequent Smile

All this aside - the January patch will be on this week Smile

And one more thing - I've made an error in the translation of the announcement, all junk currently in the game will not be doubled, it will be halved, but it'll be worth twice more, so it's overall value will remain the same.

Posted by Unholy Emperor on 01-21-2013 at15:03:

quote:
we'd really rather focus on implementing things rather than making posts about implementing things.

Posting about how things are going takes 10 minutes. It's not like you have to assign a whole day to do it!!

Posted by Lokki on 01-21-2013 at15:28:

hmm, overall it isn't the same at all.

Because , that means all junk we collected we paid 40 000 for one junk ( if it will be halved and every junk buy price is 20 000)

All the future collectors and new players will pay 20 000 per junk because all buy price will remain the same just the sell price will change.

That means It was better s not to collect junk at all , and just construct buildings or something. Smile

Posted by DemonDude2 on 01-21-2013 at17:59:

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy Emperor
quote:
we'd really rather focus on implementing things rather than making posts about implementing things.

Posting about how things are going takes 10 minutes. It's not like you have to assign a whole day to do it!!

And im only talking once or twice a month. That isnt hard at all. 30 minutes MAX out of 43829 minutes in a month is nothing.

Its fair enough to say "Were a little too busy to do a full update this week/month, things are running a little behind schedule"

Your pretty much do this already anyway Szeszej, keeping us updated with your own words. The main difference im talking about is doing it on http://www.bwteam.pl/
Getting http://www.bwteam.pl/index.php?a=news&ln=en&page=1&id=127 3 times a month isnt asking for a lot, theirs only 5 language barriers and im sure they all have their own admins who could translate the patch info.

Posted by Eisuk on 01-21-2013 at21:38:

Could you tell us more about the items you can drop per zone, please? Does the change affect all items - e.g. Scorpios, Crowns, Speed, Precog - or just the few you listed? Will they just be accessible in one more zone (e.g. Speed in Zone 4) or is it more complex than that? Be great to have a little list of items per zone...! Great idea anyway, as it's tough for players to rotate constantly but being excluded from dropping good gear is demotivating. Thanks.

Posted by zuo on 01-22-2013 at22:32:

quote:

what about searing blood for cultists?

@down: thanks 4answer

Posted by Szeszej on 01-22-2013 at23:04:

You'll see everything when the patchnotes hit the server.

quote:
Originally posted by zuo
quote:

what about searing blood for cultists?

Not yet implemented Frown

Posted by digitelis on 01-23-2013 at13:54:

What happened with "All junk currently in the game will be doubled" ?

It looks a lot more like all junk currently in game have been halved..

I'm not happy at all about this and i feel cheated as i guess the pop value of all my junk just lost 50% of it's value

I was Expecting the lgo value of my junk to be doubled without removing 50% of my junk as i had already spent 20k lgo per junk and wasted 50% of the lgo value for every junk bought, so now i have 50% less junk and have paid 40k lgo per piece.

Posted by Ba_al on 01-23-2013 at14:08:

quote:

And one more thing - I've made an error in the translation of the announcement, all junk currently in the game will not be doubled, it will be halved, but it'll be worth twice more, so it's overall value will remain the same.

digitalis here is your answer

Posted by LucifersAngel on 01-23-2013 at14:08:

quote:

Read the thread before decrying you've been cheated.

Posted by digitelis on 01-23-2013 at14:27:

unless junk now costs 100-150 pop/piece, then i have for a fact been cheated

and that translation mistake seems to have cost me at least 300 junk pieces, as i junked ~2k items from my armory recently because until 48hrs ago it was certain that i would get a refund on the wasted lgo as soon as the patch came out..

i think it's really poor that it wasn't corrected weeks ago when people started asking about more info about the double junk value, instead of 48hrs before the patch release

Posted by Lokki on 01-23-2013 at14:35:

quote:
Originally posted by digitelis
unless junk now costs 100-150 pop/piece, then i have for a fact been cheated

and that translation mistake seems to have cost me at least 300 junk pieces, as i junked ~2k items from my armory recently because until 48hrs ago it was certain that i would get a refund on the wasted lgo as soon as the patch came out..

i think it's really poor that it wasn't corrected weeks ago when people started asking about more info about the double junk value, instead of 48hrs before the patch release

I couldn't agree more.
This was totally unfair and punishing to people who worked very hard to collect junk.
The easiest way to lose players is to do things like this :/

Posted by Ba_al on 01-23-2013 at14:38:

you sell junk in shop you get 10k

now u get 20k as the buy/sell price is same

so you now only have to sell 1 junk to get 20k..you had to sell 2 @ 10k each b4

so your loosing nothing and spending only half the normel amount of junk

Posted by Sapling on 01-23-2013 at14:43:

As always, retards not satisfied.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH