Official Blood Wars Board (http://forum.bloodwars.net/index.php)
- General (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=12)
--- Mishmash (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=19)
---- Mishmash - Underworld (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=74)
----- are higher dodge sets a designmistake? (http://forum.bloodwars.net/thread.php?threadid=32164)

Posted by alyat on 12-31-2012 at12:24:

are higher dodge sets a designmistake?

can someone explain me why twisted set gives
dodge ranged +31 %, dodge melee +31 %, dodge +31 % at p3
or
tigers at p4 that have 35% dodge melee

what for when its capped at 30%???

just look for the reason why these increase a capped bonus
that makes no sense

Posted by Firetrap on 12-31-2012 at12:34:

I don't think the cap has been there as long as Dodge, I reckon they brought Dodge in and realised it was going to eventually become op at higher levels like the ones you've mentioned so introduced a cap

Imagine Grind with his P+3/4 Tigers set and then his P+3/4 Twisted :/

Posted by DemonDude2 on 12-31-2012 at12:41:

or perhaps its to counter luck?

Does luck or some other stat that will decrease your chance to dodge?

that would make sense then why you would have extra dodge maybe? o.O

Posted by CESARZ on 12-31-2012 at12:45:

Admins didn't planing upgrading items at p+++ when they create moria servers. So they make stupid sets bonus Smile . Stones can be gain only from quests, and auction had max price limit.

Posted by Indica on 12-31-2012 at17:21:

perfect black set gives: Additional 1 attacks with every weapon, Character defence increased by 2 for every 4 char levels, Dodge -2%

i don't know about higher up, but there are indeed some things that reduce dodge Smile

Posted by zuo on 12-31-2012 at21:52:

in the beginning dodge was working different than today and they change it to the current form, but they didn't change set bonuses.

u can get magic effect: +2k hp, -5% dodge and then u need p4 tiger

Posted by alyat on 01-02-2013 at09:45:

still makes no sense for me
at p5 it will have round 40%

think its really that the devs didnt thought on it when they designed moria servers

this is the only reason for it

sometimes i feel about game is just designed for maxlvl 95^^

so pls plan to change it to something usefull in a future patch
dont design new features before cleaned up the old

Posted by Evangelion on 01-02-2013 at12:17:

And once you get 6 items with -5% dodge you'll be wondering "Why the hell is dodge from items capped at 30%".

Posted by grind on 01-07-2013 at20:19:

the -dodge% enchantments could justify it, but I keep thinking thatonce items reach cap they should give something else instead, since I doubt people will get more than one of such enchantments!!

Posted by DemonDude2 on 01-08-2013 at08:22:

It would be nice for the designer to explain this to us ... and their reasoning and thoughts behind it.
Other than us having to guess whats what lol

Posted by alyat on 01-08-2013 at11:59:

a statement would be very intresting^^

quote:
Originally posted by Indica
perfect black set gives: Additional 1 attacks with every weapon, Character defence increased by 2 for every 4 char levels, Dodge -2%

i don't know about higher up, but there are indeed some things that reduce dodge Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
And once you get 6 items with -5% dodge you'll be wondering "Why the hell is dodge from items capped at 30%".

the arguments with -%dodge of these doesnt count
-2% from blackset??? wow incredible malus^^
and
6 enchantments with -%dodge??? lol u cant mean that serious

Posted by Pops on 01-09-2013 at22:39:

you could argue the same with sniper rifles having more than 85% critical chance, yet if that was changed there would be many people up in arms about it Wink

Posted by alyat on 01-09-2013 at22:49:

quote:
Originally posted by Pops
you could argue the same with sniper rifles having more than 85% critical chance, yet if that was changed there would be many people up in arms about it Wink

and how many sniper do u know who dont use speed?
give me same argument for dodge^^

Posted by Pops on 01-10-2013 at17:56:

point being what exactly? it doesnt matter how many snipers use speed, the logic is the same.

the weapon itself gives more than the capped amount of crit chance.

eventually we may find certain items at high level that have enough - dodge to perhaps negate evolutions or gangster/monk dodge ability. or dodge from tigers set

Posted by DemonDude2 on 01-10-2013 at19:06:

quote:
Originally posted by Pops
point being what exactly? it doesnt matter how many snipers use speed, the logic is the same.

the weapon itself gives more than the capped amount of crit chance.

eventually we may find certain items at high level that have enough - dodge to perhaps negate evolutions or gangster/monk dodge ability. or dodge from tigers set

Didnt someone say that this debate is on a few forums or somthing like that? They have the higher levels to know if thats true or not and are still debating this. So i recon it remains the same at high lvls :/

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH