Official Blood Wars Board (http://forum.bloodwars.net/index.php)
- Blood Wars (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=6)
-- Game system (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=9)
--- Shortening phase 1 of biggest expos (http://forum.bloodwars.net/thread.php?threadid=32373)

Posted by lightboy on 01-29-2013 at15:11:

Shortening phase 1 of biggest expos

It is my understanding that the preparation time for each expo is somehow correlated with the number of levels to fill, which really makes sense.

However, the biggest mobs phase 1 is "a bit" long. My suggestion is that all expos from basilisk to chronos have the same phase 1 time (Time of preparation: 8:15:00) as that time is long enough to gather a team and fill the expedition.

Another reason for this is that the number of big players is increasing, which will translate into more players starting XR, Anubis, etc. expos, and with current long phase 1 it is hard to be able to start your own expo and help someone.

Posted by DemonDude2 on 01-29-2013 at15:41:

RE: Shortening phase 1 of biggest expos

quote:
Originally posted by lightboy
it is hard to be able to start your own expo and help someone.

I really agree with this idea, and i also think the devs would agree with it too as the Good Samaritan feature is geared to allow as many people to start expos as possible now.

Great idea LB ㋡

Posted by TheKid on 01-31-2013 at23:13:

They Should All be a 3 Maybe 4 Hour Fixed Above DE 2 And Under Should Be Lower

Posted by Pissedoffhyperion on 02-03-2013 at01:03:

nah, 4 hours is too short, should be 8 hours for the biggest at the very least

Posted by zuo on 02-03-2013 at21:34:

i think phase 1 should be 3h just like koth, no matter if it's chronos or basilisk

Posted by Unholy Emperor on 02-03-2013 at21:54:

I think the preparation time for expos are absolutely fine the way they are.

If say the XR time was shortened, I wouldn't of been able to accept Gus into it and get the kill. Long hours are fine.

Posted by TheKid on 02-03-2013 at23:03:

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy Emperor

If say the XR time was shortened, I wouldn't of been able to accept Gus into it and get the kill. Long hours are fine.

No 4 5 Hours Will Be Fine Like I Said Aboove That Is pointless

Posted by Unholy Emperor on 02-04-2013 at02:39:

If you want the bigger exp yielding expos, you should have to wait. If the times do get shortened the regen costs of anything worthwhile will shoot up so fast it'll make your balls hurt.

Posted by wat on 02-04-2013 at04:40:

I would change nothing personally. Lowering the time would further imbalance the game in favor of elite players, just my opinion.

Posted by Grevenet on 02-04-2013 at07:09:

I'm not against the idea . Elite players should not be forgotten too . It's too boring to read about helping lower levels, middle, newer, etc. but never them .

Posted by Grizly on 02-04-2013 at09:04:

I think we can create a premium option
- if you want to start expo now you just give 5 premium days and it's started on next 00 or 30 minute clock
super easy solution...

Posted by Vlade_ on 02-04-2013 at11:16:

It is a very good idea.

Imagine the simple situation. IN clan there are at least 4 person who have penalty for basilisk, so they want to do higher mobs, Robot, anubis, Wendi.

With Samaritan mode it's easier to find help in that but having in mind long 1st phases it can be diffficult to start 2 expos per day

Player 1, Player 2, Player 3, Player 4, player 5 (permanent helper)
2 payers per day want to start anubis expo

Day 1
Player 1 has to start his expo at 0.00 and and 1st pahse is till 11.10, Players: 2,3,4,5 are joining him, so the next expo can be started at 11.30 the earliest.

Player 2 has to start his expo at 11.30, 12.00 and and 1st pahse is till max 23.10, Players: 1,3,4,5 are joining him, so the next expo can be started at 00.00.

Day 2
Player 3 has to start his expo at 0.00 and and 1st pahse is till 11.10, Players: 1,2,4,5 are joining him, so the next expo can be started at 11.30 the earliest.

Player 4 has to start his expo at 11.30, 12.00 and and 1st pahse is till max 23.10, Players: 1,2,3,5 are joining him, so the next expo can be started at 00.00.

Imagine the internet connection malfunction, any other real life situation and U are stucked with too long 1st phase and U need to resign with your expo and your friends have no expo to join becasue the timetable is too narrow...

There is no explanation why the 1st pahse should last longer and longer. Look that KOTH is 3 hours flat for all locations...

So my propositios is that starting from basilisk to the last location the 1st phase is 8h 15 minutes what gives us players 7h backup for unexpected situations and does not force us to be sticked to the computer or mobile, keep us away from bad (casue U need start at 0.00)

Smaller players, U also be at the same point after some time, so please look at this from pur perspective and answer the simple question: "Do I, personally, want to have same problems? Especially if the change is simply overwiting a few game parameters"??

Posted by DemonDude2 on 02-04-2013 at11:28:

They are not the same thing.
Wanting to start an expo every day you can is the way that the game is played.
Right now, the amount of end game expos you can do pretty much HAS to slow down so that all your clan can do them. That is a pretty imba mechanic on its own, work hard for years only to end up with that?

As for res. costs:

Its silly even bringing this topic up, especially as our server grows ...
Lightboys idea will make it so that more high level expos/hunts will be on the go at one time.
Yes res prices will increase, but honestly .... OF COURSE that will happen as more players are able to do them.

Just like how sphinx and bas costs are really high now compared to before, same difference.

Posted by Ba_al on 02-04-2013 at14:13:

quote:
Originally posted by TheKid
quote:

pointless its worked for the last few years grand..why change it now ?

as for the phase1 being to long to accept team

its called planning...

you want to get the best xp from the higher mobs..spend the time in phase1

what will happen if the time was lowered to much..you start expo have to go somewhere and not have ENOUGH time to accept team

i think its just grand

Posted by Unholy Emperor on 02-04-2013 at15:07:

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
quote:
Originally posted by TheKid
quote:

pointless its worked for the last few years grand..why change it now ?

as for the phase1 being to long to accept team

its called planning...

you want to get the best xp from the higher mobs..spend the time in phase1

what will happen if the time was lowered to much..you start expo have to go somewhere and not have ENOUGH time to accept team

i think its just grand

That's what I've been trying to say to them Ba_al! I think the main reason people want the times lowered is so they can get more easy exp!

Posted by DemonDude2 on 02-04-2013 at15:34:

Its worked for years as

You have to realize how Good Samaritan and Hunt features changes these, now its possible for more people to start an expo and still get a team.

You shouldn't be penalized for being high level.
You can say "Be Organized" but that only helps so much when you can only do a few a day, someone will always be left out.

Posted by dooz on 02-04-2013 at15:58:

And easy exp!! easy exp is doing 2 man basilisk expo. That is low risk and reasonable time taken so you can finish 2 consecutive each day.

Once you reach level 109 you start taking a penalty hit on basilisks, this grows worse each level you gain above 109. So eventually in order not to slow progress too much, you need to move on and do xr expo or anubis expo. Since both expo can be done with roughly the same number of people, xr expo makes no sense. So Anubis expo it is... If you need 4 man to kill it you have person a,b,c,d.

Day 1:
a start and take b, c, d
b start and take a, c, d

day 2:
c start and take a, b, d
d start and take a, b, c

First phase of Anubis expo takes 11 hours and 10 minutes, effectively 11 hours and 30 minutes.
First expo must start between 00:01 and 00:19 and then runs until 11:30, next expo must end at latest at midnight. Failing that you will upset next days expo schedule. So you have 49 minutes to start next expo.

/edit
Also this system have worked for many years yes, but only because people are getting 100% exp from basilisk. Once more and more people reach level 109+ there will be more need to run Anubis expo

Posted by Vlade_ on 02-04-2013 at19:11:

Baal - 8h is enough to accept your team. Every person going on basilisk can confirm that. U do not need any single minute more than 8h, I can even say that 4-5h is enough, especially when U have samaritans.

THe example i provided and Nndungu followed shows U that with higher levels and penalty for basilisk there are problems with time schedule.

It's not about easy exp guys, it's about having exp at all!

Pliz think a step forward toward your own nose...

Posted by Toyama on 02-05-2013 at19:30:

8h max for me.

Posted by Vlade_ on 02-11-2013 at08:52:

Can we get any administration's response?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH