Official Blood Wars Board (http://forum.bloodwars.net/index.php)
- News and announcements (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=1)
-- Announcements (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=2)
--- Conversion to Family Servers for R1 and R2 (http://forum.bloodwars.net/thread.php?threadid=36730)

Posted by Szeszej on 06-24-2015 at07:02:

Conversion to Family Servers for R1 and R2

Hello,

Starting on 1 July, both UK servers will be converted into family servers. What this means is that:
- you don't have to report playing from 1 IP
- you can log in from your friend's place without fearing the banhammer
- you can have as many accounts as you want but you cannot use them to push
- you can log in e.g. on your wife's account to start quests for her as long as you are not breaking any other regulations

But still you:
- CANNOT give you password to other people
- CANNOT use your accounts (or your family members' accounts) to push one account (attacking each other, selling each other gear for too high or too low prices, boosting squares etc.
- CANNOT use your accounts to deliberately overbid on items
- CANNOT insult other players or write profanities from your "second account" (we will be blocking all of your accounts for this)

Openly breaking or abusing the new rules will be punished more harshly than previously.

Best regards,
BW Team

Posted by Scourge on 06-24-2015 at07:25:

Oh my god, this is amazing.

Thanks bloodwars team Smile

Posted by deadpool on 06-24-2015 at07:44:

RE: Conversion to Family Servers for R1 and R2

Thats great news, tnx for that.
but...
quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
- you can log in e.g. on your wife's account to start quests for her as long as you are not breaking any other regulations

But still you:
- CANNOT give you password to other people

How i can log in on my wife account when she cant give me her password?

Posted by Szeszej on 06-24-2015 at08:14:

Save passwords in browser Tongue

Posted by deadpool on 06-24-2015 at08:17:

She is smart and can find it in browser settings. Can i save my password in other people browsers?

Posted by Szeszej on 06-24-2015 at08:27:

I think you're reading too much into it, the rule us simple: for your own safety don't share your password with other people.

Posted by dtr on 06-24-2015 at09:54:

Dear Bloodwars Dev Team,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Yours Truly,

Dtr

PS. I LOVE YOU!

Posted by Szeszej on 06-24-2015 at10:20:

<3

Posted by Scourge on 06-24-2015 at11:15:

I'll make you rich. I'll build 3 clans of multis, and pay premium for all of them. 60 accounts.

Posted by Banksy on 06-24-2015 at13:34:

Will we be able to bring our other "accounts" on expos? (Within Reason i mean)

Posted by Scourge on 06-24-2015 at14:21:

Thats a good question.

We are already boosting smaller players by running expos for them or more running their expos as GS etc.

Any reason why it would not be allowed with our secondary accounts ?

Posted by theheraldofogc on 06-24-2015 at17:50:

Thank you A LOT! Big Grin

Roll on July!

Posted by dooz on 06-24-2015 at19:01:

Two questioins spring to my mind, probably already answered but just to be clear:
- Is it considering pushing to allowing your low level account to join you high level accounts expos?
- Is it allowed to auction items from one account to another?

Posted by souvik on 06-24-2015 at21:21:

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
Two questioins spring to my mind, probably already answered but just to be clear:
- Is it considering pushing to allowing your low level account to join you high level accounts expos?
- Is it allowed to auction items from one account to another?

It seems like-
1 expo participation should be clean under any circumstances
2 until the bidding goes crazy high to be reported, bidding inside the family will be fine.

Posted by souvik on 06-24-2015 at21:40:

In continuation with 'What kind of servers would you like' thread, where the question had been raised by players that existing high rank players will be ruling all over the server, there are some suggestions to avoid the upcoming rumble.

1. No matter how many family member plays from one IP, there can be only one member allowed to sit in zone 2 and 3.
2. No more than two members may reside in the same clan.
3. One may not occupy both the designations of leader and deputy together.

I have another question, can the same email address be used twice for the new account or it must be a different one?

Posted by Scourge on 06-24-2015 at21:49:

quote:
Originally posted by souvik
In continuation with 'What kind of servers would you like' thread, where the question had been raised by players that existing high rank players will be ruling all over the server, there are some suggestions to avoid the upcoming rumble.

1. No matter how many family member plays from one IP, there can be only one member allowed to sit in zone 2 and 3.
2. No more than two members may reside in the same clan.
3. One may not occupy both the designations of leader and deputy together.

I have another question, can the same email address be used twice for the new account or it must be a different one?

That's just way too restrictive.

If other players want to stop being complacent and push back against higher players, all they have to do is fight back and organize themselves.

Half of the z3s today are inactive anyway. There was even some empty for over 3-4 months period, even a z2. So I don't see the problem.

Posted by souvik on 06-24-2015 at21:57:

We have to wait at least six months to see the wreckage mate, until then it won't be a big issue Smile

Posted by Banksy on 06-25-2015 at01:10:

It might just be me, but before this goes live could we have a comprehensive list of what we 'Cant' Do with our extra(s) characters?

As i would probably start another but wouldn't want to be permanently banned on both my very old and new account because i did something that i didn't know wasn't allowed (Example: Having both open in the browser at the same time ect)

Thanks!

Posted by Szeszej on 06-25-2015 at07:19:

Dooz:
1. Expeditions are OK
2. You can trade on one IP but the prices cannot be too high (or too low on Necro)

Souvik:
I don't think we need such harsh restrictions. If there are any problems, we will handle them as thei arise. You cannot use them same e-mail for two accounts (technical reasons).

Banksy:
As long as you are not using your other accounts to boost the main one, you're in the clear.

Posted by theheraldofogc on 06-25-2015 at13:31:

So, no buying a Ring of Beauty for 50SS to feed your low level character stones?

That seem surety common sense Smile

But you CAN auction off basics with the hope of them winning it (Sniper Rifle, single affix armour) without consequences as long as it's a fair auction other players can take part in, just like your alt was a Clan member you are trying to help out?

Posted by Szeszej on 06-25-2015 at14:14:

As long as the price is ok, I'm ok with it Smile

Posted by sparxs on 06-25-2015 at15:18:

okay thanks for clearly everything up.. makes sense really..

looking forward to it Smile

Posted by Demandred on 06-26-2015 at13:14:

I assume that the rules for push/pull apply the same to multi accounts as they always have for between players already, yes?

PS. thanks so much for making this happen BW team Smile
I really hope this will give some needed new life to our servers.

Posted by sparxs on 06-27-2015 at11:24:

Also, is there any plan to make the CA space bigger??

having more accounts will mean a lot more items and more items wanted to be used specially during the time you need to do middle and hard quests, that's without a quest set anyways..

Posted by TheOneAndOnly on 06-27-2015 at12:12:

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
Banksy:
As long as you are not using your other accounts to boost the main one, you're in the clear.

What if i just start up 2 new accounts, and use them both to join expo's together? I.e. White dragons are hard to get a team for normally due to the server being so old. Would it be okay to have 2 accounts ( not hugely appart in exp wise, maybe 3-4 levels?) join both the same expo?

Posted by Demandred on 06-28-2015 at02:50:

quote:
Originally posted by sparxs

having more accounts will mean a lot more items and more items wanted to be used specially during the time you need to do middle and hard quests, that's without a quest set anyways..

There was nothing suggesting clans would be made bigger... Why would they make CA bigger? Clan's already make do with sharing quest gear, why would having a second account make any difference to this?

Posted by Paranoia on 06-28-2015 at04:57:

quote:
Originally posted by sparxs

so manage it better.. or you could always use gold coins to get more space

Posted by Scourge on 06-28-2015 at21:48:

Szeszej, will there be a specific update/break in the server with an announcement that will start the family option ?

Or on the 1st of July, we just wake up and in the same environment, we can just make new account and that's it ?

I guess question is: When will we know when we can start making multis ?

Posted by Szeszej on 06-29-2015 at07:06:

Wake up and make a new account Smile Maintenance is needed only when doing technical updates, this is a rules update, not a technical one.

Posted by Scourge on 06-29-2015 at08:36:

Oh, so that's interesting.

So a "Family Server Implementation" is actually nothing technical, simply a different type of monitoring and management of players ?

Just out of pure curiosity - simply because first time you guys spoke of "family servers" I was under the impression it might also be different from an actual code perspective.

Posted by Szeszej on 06-29-2015 at11:32:

No, there's nothing different code-wise. We just stop looking for multis.

Posted by dtr on 06-29-2015 at12:36:

Soooo, we could start adding in our new accounts now, and on the 1st, just start using them?

Posted by Szeszej on 06-29-2015 at13:14:

I'm not sure what's the difference between creating them now and on the 1st (unless you're worried someone will reserve a particular name Smile )

Posted by dtr on 06-29-2015 at14:13:

Will we get a bonus code before the first? just gone to register a new account, and noticed a Bonus Code feature!

Posted by Scourge on 06-29-2015 at14:49:

I just want to create now Frown

Posted by FlashAOD on 06-29-2015 at14:51:

Bonus code has been there for months. Nothing new.

Posted by dtr on 06-30-2015 at10:16:

I WANT TO START USING MY NEW ACCOUNTS NOW... Oh well, I can wait 14 hours Smile

Posted by dooz on 06-30-2015 at11:50:

haha same here, i plan to make 11 new accounts, each one will take one of the z2 not currently in possession of BoS

Posted by dtr on 06-30-2015 at12:15:

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
haha same here, i plan to make 11 new accounts, each one will take one of the z2 not currently in possession of BoS

STOP TELLING THEM OUR PLANS!!!

Posted by theheraldofogc on 07-01-2015 at00:14:

Wait, are we free to start now? O.o

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH