Official Blood Wars Board (http://forum.bloodwars.net/index.php)
- Blood Wars (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=6)
-- Game system (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=9)
--- Caravan deluxe (http://forum.bloodwars.net/thread.php?threadid=6287)

Posted by Szeszej on 04-29-2009 at11:33:

Caravan deluxe

Are you in favour of implementing Caravan Deluxe as a premium option?

More info:

- costs 30 days of premium for 30 days of caravans.

- xp gained is down by 10%
- blood gained is down by 10%

- the drop will be identical with normal quests but the chance to pass the quests will be reduced by 5% no matter the type or the number of quests.

- arcana will be disabled.
- LGO cost identical to normal caravan.

The point of this is to give an option to people who for a period of time have less time for the game.

With regards
SM

Posted by Paranoia on 04-29-2009 at12:23:

Dont you get the ability to caravan anyway ?

Posted by diablo on 04-29-2009 at12:39:

Just for comparison:
quote:
# for every zone and difficulty level there is 75% chance of finding one item per quest and 25% of finding none. It means that with 10 quests you may get 0 to 10 items,
# experience and blood gained on caravan is equal to 80% for 2 quests -5% for every subsequent quest to minimum of 50%,

I voted yes, it might help some people.

Posted by Paranoia on 04-29-2009 at12:41:

Ah cheers diablo Smile i understand now Smile il vote yes . . . A little expensive though

Posted by Szeszej on 04-29-2009 at12:43:

It's meant to be this way so it is not overused

Posted by Bezetta on 04-29-2009 at12:47:

it doesn't effect me, but i vote yes for it... If it helps people its gotta be good Smile

Posted by Nosforano on 04-29-2009 at13:41:

voted yes, although I rarely use caravans on Underworld but do sometimes on Necro (although won`t be paying for the privellage)

Posted by DemonDude2 on 04-29-2009 at14:37:

i voted doesnt effect me as i never do caravans (not worth it)

Posted by oh_teh_noes on 04-29-2009 at16:39:

Doesnt matter to me as i dont caravan

HOWEVER i voted yes, as i probably would caravan if there were next to no penalties.

Sounds good.

Posted by Knightroad on 04-29-2009 at17:05:

Yes! Smile

I use caravans quite a bit when im busy working Smile

____

Four quick questions Smile

1. Would the lowering of blood, xp and item drops be lowered if you still do quests 1 at a time?
2. Would shortening times still work with this?

3. Wouldent this make it easier for losers to use a "autoing" bot program thing? :/
4. If the answer too No.3 is yes; Would this mean that anti bot system is gonna get in harder on us?

Thanks in advance Smile
KR

Posted by Szeszej on 04-29-2009 at17:16:

ad 1 Nope, it only affects caravans
ad 2 same as with normal caravans

ad 3 Possible, but we have our ways of discovering such bots Wink
ad 4 anti-bot system will stay the same

Posted by Knightroad on 04-29-2009 at17:20:

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
ad 1 Nope, it only affects caravans
ad 2 same as with normal caravans

ad 3 Possible, but we have our ways of discovering such bots Wink
ad 4 anti-bot system will stay the same

1. Gooood Big Grin
2. Good Smile

3. Good, get 'em all and do horrible things to them Mad
4. :/

Thanks for the quick reply Smile

Edit; spelling o.O

Posted by oh_teh_noes on 04-29-2009 at17:34:

Woah hold on Sj,

Why not have this option, for 2x...3x or something LGO instead of paying money irl. Just a little thought for you to consider.

Posted by Pleb on 04-29-2009 at18:16:

quote:
Originally posted by oh_teh_noes
Woah hold on Sj,

Why not have this option, for 2x...3x or something LGO instead of paying money irl. Just a little thought for you to consider.

boom headshot

brilliant idea, as i could see that adding up very quickly (real monies)

Posted by Nemazis on 04-29-2009 at19:20:

quote:
Originally posted by oh_teh_noes
Woah hold on Sj,

Ok, think about the lower players who like to just quest and get off. Now think how much junk they got -.-

They could use enough money to fund this for most probably a year or more >_< I say keep it with prem (despite not caravaning, except maybe 3/4 when waiting for an expo to finish)

Anyway, if it did cost money to use this option, then it'd have to cost loads IMO

Posted by Mortis on 04-29-2009 at21:22:

No, not interesting for paying for it. If there won't be any restrictions then yes.

Posted by Cthulhu on 04-29-2009 at21:42:

Question 1:
As I understand it, this will give us the option to set auto caravans - if I did not want to log in & set one off, it will automatically be set off - is that right?

Question 2:
will there be an option for this to work whilst in holiday mode?

Posted by oh_teh_noes on 04-29-2009 at22:24:

Nemazis, if the price was ~100k for a full days caravan, im not sure many people could hold that up for two weeks.

I think i maxed out at 2mil lgo, but not all will get this.

Posted by Mortis on 04-29-2009 at22:27:

A1: I don't think it will be automatic.

Posted by Raxis on 04-29-2009 at23:18:

Yes. Simply becasue I remember when this would have severely helped me. A good, useful idea for those who have little time at certtain points

Posted by CESARZ on 04-29-2009 at23:26:

absorber can't use his arcane i wote on now Smile its waste for all absorbers because he don't have useful expedition ar=rcane, also all race get easy from lvl and now he can't use his arcane on this caravan i vote on no its unfair

Posted by Raxis on 04-29-2009 at23:41:

But CESARZ all arcana is disabled in all types of caravans

Posted by dtr on 04-29-2009 at23:46:

I voted yes.

It could help out people who work funny hours and don't have time to do a full session on their game.

I think its a great idea!

Posted by necrol on 04-30-2009 at12:27:

how would this work if i set it up so it did it for a month then logged on during that month would i have the chance of coming on when the caravan is running so not being able to do my ambushs or would it automatically do a quest every time you get one and then just show result when youve done 24 bit more detail is needed me thinks good idea though bit hefty cost though either reduce the cost or make it so theres no penalties ill vote yes anyway

Posted by diablo on 04-30-2009 at13:30:

Guys, its not that difficult. This is not 'automatic' caravaning while you're not online. It is a better caravan than the ordinary one (as I explained already). You still have to log in to start it. Where does it say the game will automatically do your quests?!
quote:

- the drop will be identical with normal quests but the chance to pass the quests will be reduced by 5% no matter the type or the number of quests.

- arcana will be disabled.
- LGO cost identical to normal caravan.

Posted by Cthulhu on 04-30-2009 at14:05:

Diablo - maybe I am being dumb.... but what is the point then? I can already set of a caravan without having to drop any xp, blood, finds, etc and without it costing me premium.

If it is not automatic, I just don't understand what the benefit is to anyone?

Surely most people can log in once a day for five minutes to set off a caravan?

Confused

*edit* - in that case, can I change my vote to NO - because, I like the caravans the way they are! Tongue

Posted by Nemazis on 04-30-2009 at14:26:

Has anyone actually realised the point of this caravan? It's so you earn more exp/blood than a usual caravan.

Ok now i think about it, it's not much of a boost, maybe you should make it 10% LGO cheaper aswell or something... or maybe can use a small amount of arcana, needs abit more of a boost than that.

I still vote yes though.

Posted by DemonDude2 on 04-30-2009 at14:37:

RE: Caravan deluxe

quote:

The difference here being that the caravans now

So basically they want you to pay so that

I cant see anyway i could have made that clearer Smile

Posted by Nemazis on 04-30-2009 at14:41:

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
The difference here being that the caravans now
  • LGo cost increases for every extra quest you do
  • 75% chance of finding one item per quest and 25% of finding none
  • Experience and blood gained on caravan is equal to 80% for 2 quests -5% for every subsequent quest to minimum of 50%

So basically they want you to pay so that
  • you get slightly more blood and exp than normal caravans, but still less than doing each quest individually.
  • Drops are the same as normal quests, as opposed to getting worse for every extra quest you do

I cant see anyway i could have made that clearer Smile

Oh ok then, that clears up the "Drops will be identical with normal quests" bit, the rest i already understood.

So basically assuming you done all your quests in 1 caravan, you earn 60% exp in every quest instead of 50%, same for blood, and instead of ONLY finding stuff like "Shorts +1" and "Turd -4" you'll find prefixed/suffixed items at the same rate as before.

Will edit if numbers are wrong

Posted by DemonDude2 on 04-30-2009 at14:48:

quote:
Originally posted by Nemazis
So basically assuming you done all your quests in 1 caravan, you earn 60% exp in every quest instead of 50%, same for blood

Huh? How do you work out 60% a quest, Did it not say 10% less a quest? So instead of earning 100% experiance, you get 90% ... thats what i got from it anyway lol
Im still voting doesnt effect me, as i like to do them 1 at a time

Posted by Nemazis on 04-30-2009 at14:50:

quote:
quote:
So basically assuming you done all your quests in 1 caravan, you earn 60% exp in every quest instead of 50%, same for blood

Huh? How do you work out 60% a quest, Did it not say 10% less a quest? So instead of earning 100% experiance, you get 90% ... thats what i got from it anyway lol
Im still voting doesnt effect me, as i like to do them 1 at a time

I'm assuming sjblah saying "goes down" was a typo, because if it wasn't, then it's REALLY not worth it. Doesn't affect me, but if it's 10% more exp, then yeah i vote yes, if it's 10% down then i wanna change my vote to no.

Posted by DemonDude2 on 04-30-2009 at14:54:

quote:
I'm assuming sjblah saying "goes down" was a typo, because if it wasn't, then it's REALLY not worth it. Doesn't affect me, but if it's 10% more exp, then yeah i vote yes, if it's 10% down then i wanna change my vote to no.

Why is this bad? Right now its a bijillion times worse!!

quote:
BW-Wiki
experience and blood gained on caravan is equal to 80% for 2 quests -5% for every subsequent quest to minimum of 50%,

Right now if you do 24 quests on caravan you only get 50% exp!
With this premium option, you can do 24 quest caravans and only loose 10% on each quest, as opposed to 50% for each quest

Posted by Nemazis on 04-30-2009 at14:58:

quote:
quote:

Why is this bad? Right now its a bijillion times worse!!

Is it? Looks like both are crappy if my assumption is right

quote:
quote:
BW-Wiki
experience and blood gained on caravan is equal to 80% for 2 quests -5% for every subsequent quest to minimum of 50%,

Right now if you do 24 quests on caravan you only get 50% exp!
With this premium option, you can do 24 quest caravans and only loose 10% on each quest, as opposed to 50% for each quest

Ah... i thought it would stack on top of the standard 50%, if it's just 10% lost overall, then FLIP YEAH, stick it in (the pooper =P)

Posted by DemonDude2 on 04-30-2009 at15:04:

quote:
Is it? Looks like both are crappy if my assumption is right

Thats why, if you have the time, you dont do caravans!

quote:
Ah... i thought it would stack on top of the standard 50%, if it's just 10% lost overall, then FLIP YEAH, stick it in (the pooper =P)

Im probually wrong though.. i am very slo....w

Posted by diablo on 04-30-2009 at17:03:

DemonDude, you're right. The most essential part is the one regarding drops. For example in z1 you get 3 items (or less) on each quest. If you do a standard caravan you get one or no items. Thats the main difference, you can do caravans and still find as many items as if you woud do 1 by 1 quests.

Posted by Cthulhu on 04-30-2009 at17:40:

Ahh, right. I get it now - it was a typo. When people say percentages are going down, I am thinking chance of success is going down. If the chance of success "rate" is going down, thus the chance of success is actually going up, then I keep my vote at YES.

Phew, that was hard work - you can tell I have had a bad week at work! Tongue

Posted by Agro on 05-03-2009 at23:34:

I voted doesn't matter to me.

But i will say, i will try it and if i like it, i'll get it every other month.

Reason being i'm usually skint half of the year. Wink

Agro

Posted by CharlyK on 05-25-2009 at20:16:

Doesn't matter.
That don't apply on fighting and I do my quests 1 by 1 ^^
Have more items in caravan could be kool. But when I kaunch caravan, it's clearly not 30 days... 1 day... 2 maybe.... Those who launch caravan each day would not have premium, they don't care. I'm doing it on the UT1 french server with my old character Wink

Expensive I think. Why don't think about Tokens. 30 days premium = 30 caravan delux (and a milkshake please...)
No matter time.

Posted by Hespera on 05-25-2009 at22:34:

No way, not paying for this. Not useful to me at all.

Posted by grind on 05-26-2009 at02:56:

I voted no, even if I probably would use it sometimes. But I don't see why we should pay for this,I think chances for people doing caravans should be the same, whether they pay or not.
Or you could implement this option as a bonus for the premium account, like some 10 "supercaravan" a month, just to make us spare some time, as nearly all active player end for having a premium. Notice that many people already need to pay a premium account because
a) other players do, if you don't do you will progress slowly
b) because of gameplay limitation without the premium (check siegeing players, clan operations, etc)
c) because of time limitations in real life. The game you created take us too much time just to do the quests...!
and not because they really need the double of attacks and quests.
So this option woud introduce another element of inegality andit would be unfair. I already pay the shortening options because many days I don't have enough time to play, but this is just a matter of time between attacks and quest, and does not affect the result of quests. Enough of this "YOU PAY MORE YOU ARE STRONGER"mechanism.
I think it's fine we pay a premium cause we like this game and you make it work... but if you would make our life easier you could give this service to everibody. Yes, we will "abuse" it when we don't have time. And where is the problem? Why are we required to spend hours everiday just to click DEPART?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH