Official Blood Wars Board (http://forum.bloodwars.net/index.php)
- General (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=12)
--- Trophy Hall (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=15)
---- Trophy Hall - Underworld (http://forum.bloodwars.net/board.php?boardid=66)
----- Underworld records: arcanas. VOTE HERE !! (http://forum.bloodwars.net/thread.php?threadid=8269)

Posted by Pops on 06-11-2009 at19:16:

Underworld records: arcanas. VOTE HERE !!

CLOSED

should all arcana be allowed or none at all. heres your chance to vote on it and the mods will act accordingly Wink

1. Yes means that Searing blood will be counted as weapon damage, therefore giving Cultists a chance to be on the "Most damage done in one round" records list.

2. No would mean clearing the records connected with using arcanas, like "Most hp in ambush/defense" or "Most damage done in one round". Unless the current owner of the record provides a link to a message which will prove that he/she didn't use arcanas related to the record itself.

One vote each, the poll will close after 3 days

Posted by DemonDude2 on 06-11-2009 at19:20:

RE: Underworld records: arcanas. VOTE HERE !!

I voted yes, everyone should be allowed to use every possable abillity to do their best, even if it is an inate abillity.

Although it would be easyer to have a arcana & non arcana version (in seperate threads)

Posted by Mortis on 06-11-2009 at19:22:

Yes for all.

Posted by Foxy4 on 06-11-2009 at19:24:

Yes,

wat i write in records as a argument

hmm, i think its quite fair as, absorber gets the ability to strike more crits or take searing blood of cultists, thoughtcatchers can take bodyguards to add on damage, cursed ones hit more, etc so i agree with james

Posted by diablo on 06-11-2009 at19:44:

Yes for all. Why would someone hold back if he/she wants to break a record?

Posted by rohlikus on 06-11-2009 at20:06:

voted no!!!

Posted by Foxy4 on 06-11-2009 at20:09:

Y, tell us, we want reasons

lol i sound like a teacher

Posted by Evangelion on 06-11-2009 at20:19:

Popeye forgot to mention two important facts:

1. Yes means that Searing blood will be counted as weapon damage, therefore giving Cultists a chance to be on the "Most damage done in one round" records list.

2. No would mean clearing the records connected with using arcanas, like "Most hp in ambush/defense" or "Most damage done in one round". Unless the current owner of the record provides a link to a message which will prove that he/she didn't use arcanas related to the record itself.

Added those to the first post Wink

That would be all. Choose wisely Wink

Posted by DemonDude2 on 06-11-2009 at20:29:

Is it 2 hard to have a section with, and a section without?
Answer = No

Posted by Pops on 06-11-2009 at20:36:

we could do i guess demondude. lead the way Wink then of course you can update it

Posted by RinghamEnderol on 06-11-2009 at20:37:

I vote no! Because records like most dmg done in 1 round are for WEAPONS because arcana damage isnt using a specific weapon!

So yeah, absorbers crit more but it is USING A WEAPON and the same applies for other arcana types.

Cultists could use agility arcana to hit more with melee foxy...

Posted by Foxy4 on 06-11-2009 at20:38:

lol i had that idea when we where discusing this on the actual records thread. i just didn't put it down.
It wouldn't be too hard but some of us are too lazy to do(guilty) or can't (me)

Edit
Ringham, added agil lets have more chance of hit, added crits adds on damage, are u gunna say tatoos can't be used as some add on damage. Even though i am not cultist on underworld they should be given there advantage.

Posted by diablo on 06-11-2009 at20:38:

Don't you dare to make it just about searing blood. ALL other arcanas are accepted but this one needs a poll?

Posted by RinghamEnderol on 06-11-2009 at21:03:

no im just saying that searing blood isnt damage done with a weapon, so how can u explain counting it in "most damage done in 1 round (with this specific weapon)"... searing blood is STUPIDLY overpowered anyway

Posted by jamess36362 on 06-11-2009 at21:07:

quote:
Originally posted by RinghamEnderol
no im just saying that searing blood isnt damage done with a weapon, so how can u explain counting it in "most damage done in 1 round (with this specific weapon)"... searing blood is STUPIDLY overpowered anyway

are you serious, thoughtcatcher is much better than cultis, get 2 k hp? last longer and in turn more damage coz of that and more chance of taking less people for more exp.
i aint gonna argue with you but i know for a fact searing blood is not over powered.

Posted by Pops on 06-11-2009 at21:10:

precisely, so its fair that beastmasters get an extra attack? just as an example i recently saw karazek do crits of over 1k. is it fair that his arcana gives another attack, raising his max damage per round to around 3k from 2k?
sorry karazek this is just an example, im not singling you out

Posted by minshres on 06-11-2009 at21:11:

yes for all mainly because searing will never break melee record Wink so i dun care as long as i can break the melee record Wink

Posted by CESARZ on 06-11-2009 at21:29:

lol what the stupid vote, records is the highest dmg done using weapon, bloodfreezyy, powerblood, majestic and Breath of Death increasing weapon dmg, sharing not increasing only make dmg and this is advantage this arcane. And i don't see reason why dmg don't done by weapon can be calculated to record.

Posted by minshres on 06-11-2009 at21:44:

the mod should change the records to - damage dun with weappon + arcana. and state what arcana has been used and how much.. that way it wont confuse all of us by jus saying damage dun with weapon.

Posted by DemonDude2 on 06-11-2009 at21:54:

quote:
Originally posted by popeye2k8
should all arcana be allowed or none at all. heres your chance to vote on it and the mods will act accordingly Wink

What about displaying it like this

Or

SotB = Shadow of the Beast
SB = Searing Blood

Posted by Foxy4 on 06-11-2009 at21:57:

thats good idea

Posted by minshres on 06-11-2009 at22:05:

2nd one is good Smile

Posted by Artoir. on 06-11-2009 at22:05:

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
quote:
Originally posted by popeye2k8

What about displaying it like this
  • Two-handed Melee: 4293 (Good Club (+5) [SZESZEJ]
  • Two-handed Melee: 5600 (Good Club (+5) [C47 + SotB]

Or

• One-handed Gun: 3223 (Good Scorpio (+1) & Good Glock (+2) [Sushi Maker] // 4266 (Good Uzi (+2) and Good Glock (+4) [Jesus + SB]

SotB = Shadow of the Beast
SB = Searing Blood

And then what?

[Sqeshu + Majesty] HP record

[Blodsugare + Bloodfrenzy] Highest dmg

It's not practical

And for those that say Arcana shouldn't count, if you fancy spending 15 minutes on every record trying to work out how much damage should be deducted in accordance with the arcana used, be my guest.

This has been discussed before, and whilst not everyone is going to be happy with a decision either way, I think there's no point in having records that dont include arcana.

Check what section Records is in; Trophy Hall. This is where things with that "wow" factor are supposed to be posted. And I've read enough complaint threads about Searing Blood without hearing it shouldn't be counted here.

The races are as balanced as they will ever be, 2/1 attacks with BM is better than searing blood if you're melee. Absorbers +crit and luck is also very important and effective. This shouldnt be turned into a Race debate, Searing Blood is the arcana Cultists were given.

Yes it may not directly effect weapons damage, but that shouldnt make a difference.

If in ambush reports it said "Diablo strikes critically with Legendary Perfect Uzi (+1) and does 228 damage, plus 78 from searing blood" would that make you happy?

Voted a definite Yes.

Posted by DemonDude2 on 06-11-2009 at22:12:

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.

[Sqeshu + M] HP record
[Blodsugare + BF] Highest dmg

Its another 7 spaces max if you use SotB, 4 minamum. Considering the max amount of characters allowed in your name, and a lot of players nowhere near that limit, it does seem practical.

Another way to do it would be to

[Blodsugare WA]

With Arcana

Posted by Artoir. on 06-11-2009 at22:15:

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
quote:

[Sqeshu + M] HP record
[Blodsugare + BF] Highest dmg

Its another 7 spaces max if you use SotB, 4 minamum. Considering the max amount of characters allowed in your name, and a lot of players nowhere near that limit, it does seem practical.

Another way to do it would be to

[Blodsugare WA]

With Arcana

By practical I mean useful.

People would want the level arcana, how much the arcana contributed. If you want to hazard a guess at what arcana was used, just check their race.

Posted by Evangelion on 06-11-2009 at22:47:

quote:
And for those that say Arcana shouldn't count, if you fancy spending 15 minutes on every record trying to work out how much damage should be deductedn in accordance with the arcana used, be my guest.

That's simple, if someone claims that he broke a record of "Most damage done in one round" with a melee weapon and when you check the report you see that he used Bloodfrenzy or the Shadow of the Beast, you just ignore the message.

Posted by Artoir. on 06-11-2009 at22:54:

Which is my main point, Arcana should be counted.

The records were mean't to be made for fun, I don't think they should be ruined by placing restrictions on them like no arcana.

Posted by Foxy4 on 06-11-2009 at23:01:

Yup, i agree with u on that artoir

Posted by Evangelion on 06-11-2009 at23:15:

But the point is that not all the arcanas were taken into consideration. Until now there was only one case where someone counted the Searing blood. That's controversial and became the reason for complaints.

The purpose of this poll is to make it clear, either all of the arcanas are taken into consideration or none. The choise belongs to the players, they're the reason the records have been created.

Posted by Artoir. on 06-11-2009 at23:17:

And when does the poll close?

Posted by OTNC on 06-11-2009 at23:19:

No.

Damage should be reflected by respected weapons, to show weapon mastery, not race bonusses.

Posted by Pops on 06-11-2009 at23:22:

poll is open for 3 days as stated in first post

Posted by LightKnight on 06-12-2009 at00:31:

I Voted No Cause Different Races Have Totally Different Arcanas Which Gives Each Other A Far Disadvantage E.g Cultists - Searing Of Blood - Will Most Proberly BE In The MOst Damage Done Records

Posted by sparxs on 06-12-2009 at03:22:

i voted yes.

and i do agree with diablo ere, alot of you are just sayin the problem is sering blood, yes it does alot of damge but thats apart of that race,
i mean everyone has good things about there own race and sering blood is probly one of the better ones yes but the ppl moanin about it
face it your only moaning about it cos u dont have it, if u had it for yourself u wouldnt see anything wrong with it so dont complain.
im cursed perc boast is nice for expos for me helps me out abit or horror helps too...
everyone has good things and bad things about there race when they came against other races but thats just the way it goes

but come on u ppl voting no, you lot are mad, ppl wont even bother sittin there workin it all out just will take too much time no1 will bother with records anymore, and even if u lot do get to how u want it to b,
i can still see u lot moaning abot something still anyways
u aint goin to keep every one happy are ya?

but when i go for record and ithink i broke one of em ill come to you for u to sit there workin it all out with my race helpin me....

Posted by diablo on 06-12-2009 at05:46:

quote:
Originally posted by LightKnight
I Voted No Cause Different Races Have Totally Different Arcanas Which Gives Each Other A Far Disadvantage E.g Cultists - Searing Of Blood - Will Most Proberly BE In The MOst Damage Done Records
I had to react here. Yes, races are different, so what? Racial traits and arcanas give bonuses, not disadvantages.
Nice when someone who is not even in act2 is judging these things... Roll Eyes

Edit:
face it your only moaning about it cos u dont have it, if u had it for yourself u wouldnt see anything wrong
Niceone Sparxs Wink

Posted by Paranoia on 06-12-2009 at18:03:

ok heres how i see it....

searing blood = around 300 damage per round

a 2h beast master using his act 2 acana can crit for 1k+ extra damage per round....

my answer is yes...

Posted by Foxy4 on 06-12-2009 at18:08:

This thread is simple

1.Go to top page
2.Click Yes
3.Vote
4.Be happy with urself 4 making records fairer

If u say No, its simple, u don't have acranas like searing blood and u think that they are going to stop u getting record. U don't complain about them on expos =)

Posted by NouveauNosferatu on 06-12-2009 at18:25:

Voted yes.

As Evan said, it's all arcanas or none (which is fair), and having a records table where people specifically weaken themselves(by not using arcana) seems to defeat the purpose of having records in the first place.

And i agree with Artoir about the headache it would be calculating what damage was done by arcana and deducting it from the total. Things like critical hit chance would be impossible due to the RNG nature of them.

Posted by Ba_al on 06-12-2009 at18:45:

voted yes for simple reason

we were given arcanas to be used not to be wasted

Posted by Raziel666 on 06-12-2009 at20:00:

I've voted no

for the simple reason that Cultists and Absorbers get an unfair advantage when accumalating damage due to their 3rd arcana

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH