Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » An idea for the game » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page An idea for the game
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
VomitorY
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-928.jpg

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: DASH

An idea for the game Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Has anyone ever thought about another game while playing BW?
Well,i have. And i thought about Diablo 2 and how you never know what bonuses your item gives you.

So,i came to an idea about an item prefix(And only prefix)that will give completely random bonuses to an item. The bonus numbers would have been handled by the well known RNG.

The bonuses would have to be regulated by a,say minimum-maximum number for a bonus,for example,agility can be increased from 5-30,like expo mobs.

My idea basically revolves around an item being randomly tweaked out,but only if it has the required prefix,and only prefix,because you don't want an item to be called a Legendary good unique knife of uniqueness Big Grin Big Grin

If an item has a suffix,it would retain it's bonuses,logically.

Example :

Good xxx Knife of Skill

Effects: Chance for critical hit +x,Agility +18(good skill bonus),Reputation +x

There could also be negative bonuses to items, for example:

Good xxx Mace

Effects: -x Blood PTS per hit,Agility +x,Reputation -x

Any comments about the idea will be appreciated.

That's what it is to be slaved

10-06-2010 20:44 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
blackcat
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: end

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

dont mean to be rude but it already exisists in the game all prefixs givs bonus and negativity

archimage on underworld riddler on necro
10-06-2010 20:47 blackcat is offline Search for Posts by blackcat Add blackcat to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by VomitorY
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by blackcat
dont mean to be rude but it already exisists in the game all prefixs givs bonus and negativity

That i know,but i know exactly how much,say,good demonic gives. And i know how much appearance is deducted by insidious,for examples... This would be something completely random and new.

10-06-2010 20:48 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

I know what you mean. And anything being implemented from Diablo is nveer good. I played that game for years Wink

For those who don't understand he means you could find a demonic mace that could be totally different from another one. Which could mean a solar signet with +15 perc at +1

And somebody else finding one that only gives +4 at +1
10-06-2010 20:57 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD a solar signet with +15 perc

Ah,but see,that is combining 2 prefixes. Maybe you find a signet with the functions of solar,maybe you find it giving you agility,and taking away some HP....

I mean,how could you give a prefix bonus without the right prefix? Smile
Meaning,2 prefixes can't go on one item.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by VomitorY: 10-06-2010 21:05.

10-06-2010 21:01 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
SwiftDeathIsComing
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-621.jpg

Registration Date: 11-11-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: The Source

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
I know what you mean. And anything being implemented from Diablo is nveer good. I played that game for years Wink

For those who don't understand he means you could find a demonic mace that could be totally different from another one. Which could mean a solar signet with +15 perc at +1

And somebody else finding one that only gives +4 at +1

Good explanation, please edit that into your first post please :L

bad idea i think, god i'd hate to be the one finding that one with only +1 perc on it would be hard enough finding one in the first place, and it would totally mess other things up

*cough* Mr Snowman *cough* :L

Epic clan member of the week:
Kralen
10-06-2010 21:08 SwiftDeathIsComing is offline Search for Posts by SwiftDeathIsComing Add SwiftDeathIsComing to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

I guess this will never be implemented, but i like it!

How about, instead of a Legenday prefix, there is a new Suffix similar to legendary, which does something similar to what you suggested, but perhaps with some different changes.

I know its just a wild idea, and the item system works fine, but who says its a bad thing to fantasise?

10-06-2010 21:12 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
I guess this will never be implemented, but i like it!

How about, instead of a Legenday prefix, there is a new Suffix similar to legendary, which does something similar to what you suggested, but perhaps with some different changes.

I know its just a wild idea, and the item system works fine, but who says its a bad thing to fantasise?

My sentiments exactly.
The first thing that flew through my head concerning this was that it will never be implemented. But i wanted to share the idea and maybe hear some comments Smile

@SwiftDeathIsComing : I will consider that as you worrying that +1 perc is hard enough,and suddenly,poof! +15 perc...
That's why i thought that the RNG could have a minimum and maximum bonus value for perception....

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by VomitorY: 10-06-2010 21:17.

10-06-2010 21:15 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

I have also been thinking,how would this look like on ranged weapons?
Simply because ranged has no prefix,i was wondering how that would look like....
Any other opinions?

And sorry for multipost,but the last post was some time ago... Wink
COMMENTS APPRECIATED! Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by VomitorY: 10-17-2010 21:24.

10-17-2010 21:23 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » An idea for the game

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH