Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Games Designing » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Games Designing
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
TheKid
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2010
Race in game: Absorber

Games Designing Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Anyone Know Anything About Were To Start On Making A Game eg. Browserbased Games Not Xbox/Ps3 Or Any Console

Just Need To Know How To Start Or If Someone Could Help Me ? Any1

01-25-2011 15:36 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hard coded ?

Read this and learn.

I think you gonna advertising yourself if make browser based and maybe will get warning.
Think again the place where you asking since this are bloodwars (browser based game) forum..

I prefer make console game (arc 6502, 65816 or mips).

npc son's name : cpu

01-25-2011 16:20 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
stonemake

Registration Date: 11-04-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

do you know any programmin languages? if not I think you should learn some like basics languages before starting to make your own game Wink I personally think console games are too big project to do alone but let's say for game industry there are grafics desinger's, coder's, writer's etc. also you gonna need some idea what kind of game you gonna make because you can't make game from just thinking " now I just start making game" Wink

01-30-2011 14:45 stonemake is offline Search for Posts by stonemake Add stonemake to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

If you have no knowledge on programming then don't even think about making a game.

The most popular games are based on 3 things: PHP, JavaScript, MySQL. You need advanced knowledge on those languages to be able to make a game.

But... If you want your game to be successful you need something new. And if you can't make a regular game, don't even think about it. This is waaaaay out of a regular user's league. New ideas don't come with programming knowledge.

Edit. I forgot to mention the graphics. You need a graphic designer to design you an interface and all the pictures.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

01-30-2011 15:54 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
stonemake

well you can start with C-language so you'll get some idea what is programming (if you are new with this) and when you know that then you can move some harder language

01-30-2011 17:15 stonemake is offline Search for Posts by stonemake Add stonemake to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

HTML is your first option. Its only mainly used for layouts. Bit it's a must to know
01-30-2011 19:22 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Source

C++ and basic, get your head around both of those first, there are many online tutorials, lots of them aren't the way i would do things, very rough and lots of unnecessary coding, but it still helps you to start off.

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

01-30-2011 20:15 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
stonemake

well C++ is not where beginner should start, C and HTML are pretty beginner friendly language's, really depence what you wanna do Wink I think you should look both if you are interested coding Big Grin

01-30-2011 21:11 stonemake is offline Search for Posts by stonemake Add stonemake to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Games Designing

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH