Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » To Developers: Unlock the wiki (tutorial) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page To Developers: Unlock the wiki (tutorial) 6 Votes - Average Rating: 1.336 Votes - Average Rating: 1.336 Votes - Average Rating: 1.336 Votes - Average Rating: 1.336 Votes - Average Rating: 1.33
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-27-2011

To Developers: Unlock the wiki (tutorial) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think I know why the Tutorial is "locked" ...but I want to help make the Tutorial better and more useful.

Tutorial (edits)...

Why can't the BW tutorial be this way?

I know it'll take ages to list each item (because there are thousands of items) and its' information (normal to perfect +5, legendary perfect).

Also, I'd like to edit my wiki page, add some templates and maybe a journal.

The in-game profile section is limited (words), i'd rather add a link to my wiki page in my in-game profile section instead if i could edit my wiki page.

I could also save reports online and add them all to my wiki page to record my progress and mistakes.

I just think wiki profiles/pages give you an unlimited/unrestricted amount of freedom. You can have your own Trophy Hall without people deeming your "achievements" unworthy of sharing.

Also, clans could have wiki pages with a list of their expo/siege reports, 1-on-1 ambush reports with their rivals/rival clans, etc

IGN: Son Of Sin
02-19-2012 09:50 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Tempest

images/avatars/avatar-358.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: LGN

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hit random page on the tutorial a few times, you'll see why.

EDIT: http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?titl..._21_12_Q1020_10
i'll save you the hassle

In Game Name TEMPEST

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Tempest: 02-19-2012 10:07.

02-19-2012 10:06 Tempest is offline Search for Posts by Tempest Add Tempest to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-27-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by Son of Sin
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah, i knew it was because of spam ...every wiki i use has spam (not like forum spam) ...but that's what system operators are for

don't know about you guys but i'd like to "visit" different clans (not their forums, because i'd have to register or probably won't even be given access lol), be able to chat with them on their talk pages, see how creative they are, read journals and be able to comment, etc

i just feel restricted on forums and i'll bet others feel the same way ...if a "debate" gets ugly or off-topic, the thread is closed ...that wouldn't happen on a wiki's talk page ...a user could delete the comments but you can look in history and continue the conversation on your own user talk page.

anyway, it's frustrating to click on reports and the links have been deleted ...there is a better way to save links and allow people who are interested 5 years later to see the first successful expo report on this server. some people like history ...*raises hand* i do Smile

i want to see the old siege reports between the 2007 clans ...i want to know who the historical clans were and why they were historical.

anyway, i'm rambling now, as i always do ...Devs if you read this, if you need a System Operator for your wiki to block spam bots, i'll do it. i know how to block ip proxy servers also.

IGN: Son Of Sin
02-19-2012 11:43 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

quote:
I know it'll take ages to list each item (because there are thousands of items) and its' information (normal to perfect +5, legendary perfect).

You mean hundreds of thousands.
quote:
i just feel restricted on forums and i'll bet others feel the same way ...if a "debate" gets ugly or off-topic, the thread is closed ...that wouldn't happen on a wiki's talk page ...a user could delete the comments but you can look in history and continue the conversation on your own user talk page.

The way I see it, you want a way to talk to someone, to be able to insult him so that no one is able to remove what you said. I see no other way of wiki being better than forums.
quote:
anyway, it's frustrating to click on reports and the links have been deleted ...there is a better way to save links and allow people who are interested 5 years later to see the first successful expo report on this server. some people like history ...*raises hand* i do Smile

You can read my history here:
The history of Evangelion's Source.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

02-19-2012 13:46 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » To Developers: Unlock the wiki (tutorial)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH