Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Running a Sucessful Clan » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Running a Sucessful Clan
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kurosaki-Ichigo

Registration Date: 06-08-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Night!

Running a Sucessful Clan Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have had a few clans in the past one sucessful (Infernum i think it was)

and i forgot how to make them sucessful so is there any advice people can give me on how to run a good clan?

10-04-2008 19:32 Kurosaki-Ichigo is offline Search for Posts by Kurosaki-Ichigo Add Kurosaki-Ichigo to your Buddy List
duanetomber

Registration Date: 07-21-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: boot camp

RE: Running a Sucessful Clan Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

get some freinds to be in your clan not as permenant unless they want to be permenant just to get you on top page so people notice you then try and get full members who are going to stay then just be a nice guy give everyone a seige get some alllies to do poh seiges with give advice to people who need it and just when doing expos try get as many people in as possible but also make sure everyone is active and be relaxed towards people if you dont like taking squares but someone in your clan wants to take a square you let them but just you dont join

i hope this helps

10-04-2008 20:12 duanetomber is offline Search for Posts by duanetomber Add duanetomber to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for duanetomber
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1) Get alliances sorted out asap. And I don't mean become allies with every clan on the first page. Pick allies strategically and with purpose.

2) Recruit low levels. No high level is going to stick around at the start when things are still a bit rocky, theyll ship out and youll be left with nothing. Look at DARK, they all started off as 5 pointers and worked their way up and maintained most of the original members.

3) Sort out regular and fair PoH sieges asap. This is the main reason people join clans.

4) Have fun Smile

10-05-2008 00:59 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1) Make your clan page look awesome get a good dramatic pic and always have a background story to your clan if you don't know how to put colour or links on a clan page ask for help of somone who can lol and then you can learn of them.

2) Get like duanetomber mentioned some friends over who can get you recognised and onto the top page.

3) Whilst you are a small clan if you have only a few members but who are powerfull PoH should come easier less people to make join or not join a seige.

4) Have a low point requirement so lower point people can join then take the odd one on an expo to progress as quick as possible then you can have strengths in numbers.

5) The rest is up to you go with the flow Tongue

10-05-2008 12:31 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Clan: [-END-]

Communication is the key. If you have a clan of powerful people who don't talk or communicate, well, it won't be a powerful clan for long.

Internal clan chat is important. Regular messages to keep the clan informed of what is happening. Good communication with allies/enemies alike. Keep clans you are allied/sieging with informed well of what is happening on your end, so both clans can keep things balanced.

Be able to make decisions and stick by them. Strong leadership is important and never be afraid to make a decision that ppl won't understand at first. (like don't be afraid to put the foot down when necessary)

yeah it's a game, and meant to be fun, but where is the fun in being in a clan that lets ppl run amuck and do what they want? Isn't it more fun to be in an organised balanced clan?

Another important thing is your choice of Deputy. They can't neccessarily be the same as you, while that works for some clans, I find having a person who is quite different than you can help, you balance each other.

In this game in particular, have ppl of different styles of play. I have seen clans try to form around one build, and while they are strong against one or two types of players, they suck against a balanced clan.

But first and foremost in making a clan work is Communication.

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.
10-05-2008 14:25 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

@ Artior-thanks?? lol. actually there's a lot of original DARK members that aren't in the clan anymore, gamecrow started HOWL, Lestat DeathJam shaza and Bensux are in NIGHT (i believe ben quit actually), illanna is in DB and was in the Source, and a lot are full out mercs so they come and go (which is fine). But mainly, yes, most people in DARK now (besides the AOD and TBM members) started in DARK and are still there. Theres a few exceptions (Bat, Teron) but they've stuck with us.
1) Recruite low levels and ask one or two high level friends to stick around for about a week to do expos and take the low levels on them-gets them up their faster.
2) Try to get alliances with different clans, not just high leveled clans. When DARK first started out we were allied with I believe one or two really high level clans, the rest were clans around us at that point. Now everyone has caught up....lol.
3) Set some base rules to follow, like a siege list and make sure the rules are followed so you're not thrown into chaos.
4) Have a background and a picture, makes things look cooler. And have faith that people will join.
5) treat everyone equally no matter what their level. Just because some has 5 points, doesn't mean their a weak player.
6) if you have over 100 points and are recuriting low levels, remember they will be intimidated. It's human nature to be a bit intimated of talking to higher ups, when most people first start they're afriad of being called a noob or laughed at because of 'stupid' questions. Assure all low level members that you and every higher pointer in your clan is there to help them and they can ask all the questions they want.
7) try to know all equipment/path types or at least know someone who does, this way if you can't answer something, you know someone who can. and everyone is diverse so they'll all want to be something different or do something different. it's your job as a leader to be able to provide them with good information.
8 ) pick your deputy (ies) based on knowledge of game and personality, not on points. make sure you can trust them and they know what's going on. it helps if they share the same basic 'values' as you. and pick someone with an opposite schedule to your own, this way there is a leader on at all times. Appoint second deputies as well just in case. Later on as PoH sieges become more frequent, appoint a siege person so that you don't get bogged down with 40+ messages a day.
9) arrange PoH sieges wisely and make sure you tell your clan that sometimes losing a siege happens, you can't always win. sometimes losing a siege once or twice is better then winning-it may give you alliances in the future.
10) talk to your clan-this is the most important thing. talk to everyone, message everyone and carry out conversations about whatever comes up. make them feel welcome and like their part of something. set up a forum or a chat room or even just use the message system, just have communication with them. especially if they're all new people, you don't want them wandering off. and if someone leaves suddenly, follow up on it. they might tell you a mistake you made and you can correct it. if you have to kick someone, message them first.
11) if someone wants to siege for a square, make sure that the opposing clan doesn't have allies in high places or if you know in advance that they do, make sure you call in someone first. always ask who the target of the square siege is so you don't get caught in sieging an ally or sieging someone you won't beat.
12) as you grow, up the point requirement. yes it seems a little harsh but if the main base of your clan is over say 20 points and a 1 pointer wants to join, there's no way that 1 pointer will feel comfortable in the clan or will survive long in any PoH siege. it may hurt to decline people but give them names of alternative clans they can go in and tell them that once they get the point requirment they can come back, you're doing it so they progress faster and won't get crushed by anyone you go up against.
13) have fun with your clan, make jokes with your members come up with silly nicknames and phrases. for example, most original DARK members know DeathJam as Jam of Death or DK-donkey kong (yes there is a story behind that one....lol) Most original DARK members know that "pulling a GC" means going into an expo unequipped and granny slapping the dragon. little things like that make people want to stay and make them feel like they belong. But be careful with it, some people are more sensitive then others and you don't want to insult anyone. If someone makes a mistake, don't be too harsh on them, if you make them feel like crap, they're going to leave and tell people how you treated them. word of mouth goes far. For example with GC when he forgot to equip, we laughed it off. sure we were annoyed but we didn't insult him, he insulted himself more actually...LOL.

i think i'm done now...can't think of anything else....LOL. ha...finished at lucky number 13...LOL. wow that was a lot....

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 10-05-2008 14:28.

10-05-2008 14:28 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
faceeater
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 11-17-2007
Race in game: Absorber

clap clap clap Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

take a bow, dark is a great new clan, and by new i mean no disrespect, but not BOS or DB, lets face it its like the premiership, Man U, and Chelsea, the rest of us fight for whats left, Lysandra, i wish you all the best, and speak soon

10-05-2008 22:01 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Running a Sucessful Clan

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH