Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » 2h weapon balance » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 2h weapon balance 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

2h weapon balance Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The patch was supposed to fix 2h weapon balance, it did that to some extent, but failed to such degree that it was actually better before.

Flail, is nerfed to a fitting level imo. I'ts dirt simple to merge, and get 3rd attack on p3

Perfect Flail (+5)
Two-handed melee weapon
Damage: 91 - 140(115,5)
Effects: Chance to hit -46, attacks per round: 3

Scythe remains unchanged, i guess this should be what other weapons are referenced against in terms of damage, it get 3rd attack on p3

Perfect Scythe (+5)
Two-handed melee weapon
Damage: 91 - 175(133)
Effects: Chance to hit +1, attacks per round: 3

Pike got a massive increase in damage, that was well needed. Before patch pike had avg damage that was lower than flail/scythe. Now it have third highest. Pike gets 3rd attack on p4. Oh also 8 perception on p5, its not actually completely useless

Perfect Pike (+5)
Two-handed melee weapon
Damage: 102 - 185(143,5)
Effects: Chance to hit -30, attacks per round: 3, PERCEPTION +8

Halberd also got massive increase in damage, it now have highest or second highest avg damage per hit(i don't have stats on p5 yet, but on perfect it have 1,5 more avg damage than pike)

Now this weapon show that the game developers never played their own game. Katana have 4rd highest avg damage, get 3rd attack on p2. And then get another attack on p5!!!. Katana now hugely outclass every other 2h weapon. Also take into consideration that katana have lowest negative to hit modifier of the top 2-handers

Perfect Katana (+5)
Two-handed melee weapon
Damage: 112 - 168(140)
Effects: Chance to hit -10-15?, attacks per round: 4

Chainsaw get critical% 17% on p, 23% on p4 and 25% op p5. Chainsaw have 2nd highest damage potential now, but is 4th best weapon. why?

1 - chainsaw have worst negative to hit modifier -44 on p5, thats 15 agility out of the window. halberd have around half of that, and halberd get 10-12 perception on p5

2 - yea, chainsaw get huge crit%, but who need it? If you are making legendary weapon you already have 25% from weapon. more than enough for anyone.
If you use non-leg you obviously are really high level(i must be level 110 for equipping mine at p5) Black knight tattoo is now simple to make to level 5, so you have easy access to 30% crit, add another 20 from evo, 15-20 from assault bandanna, and then you can easily cover the rest with disp and/or luck

Perfect Chainsaw(+5)
Two-handed melee weapon
Damage: 124 - 175(149,5)
Effects: Chance to hit -44, attacks per round: 3, chance for critical hit +25 %

In my opinion every weapon in top of its merge list, should be the one with the highest potential for damage. They did good work with 2h guns, ie, flamethrower with great damage and 5 attack on p5, potentially giving the maxed out sniper 12 attacks that ignore 100% defense. ranged weapon have heavy crossbow, 1h gun have scorpio, 1h melee have thunderfist. But when it comes to 2h weapons, there is now only one weapon that makes sense to make on p5, and that weapon is not in top of list.

Im not saying that chainsaw should have more damage, because i already think 2h weapons have enough. But remove extra attack from katana and give it some special ability like 2% dodge per level above g5 or something

Also difference in damage between pike/halberd and chainsaw is to low, reduce damage(a little) in those two and give more perception.

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 10-24-2012 08:36.

10-24-2012 08:27 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS - SAN

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I could not agree more with all of this.

I am Levija and I approve of this message.
10-24-2012 08:42 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » 2h weapon balance

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH