Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Most unusual food you've eaten? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Most unusual food you've eaten?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Raserei

Registration Date: 04-20-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster

Most unusual food you've eaten? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok so the other post about what you prefer when you go out gave me the idea for this thread. So spill it! What is the most unusual food you've eatern?

The most unusual thing I've eaten is escargo, bear and chorizo. (chorizo is a Mexican sausage that is made from leftover parts of chicken, pig or cow. Or all three).

04-24-2009 17:31 Raserei is offline Search for Posts by Raserei Add Raserei to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

HA!! Im guna win!!

SEA WEAD!!

Apparently its a roman delicacy..... suuuuuure

Wasnt disgusting, but i wudnt wana try it again!! (it was dear as poo aswell)

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

04-24-2009 17:35 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Chinese take away :X

04-24-2009 17:36 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
HA!! Im guna win!!

SEA WEAD!!

Lol, it's not that expensive and it's nice especially with rice inside (sushi without any fish in if you're not into that).

I'd have to say cockroaches is the most unusual / disgusting food, if you call it that, i've eaten but they love 'em in Thailand and other places like that...

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
04-24-2009 17:40 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

PEANUT BETTER.... TOMATO SAUCE .... CHOCOLATE M&M's WHOOOP *edit* ON TOAST :d

its lovely actually.....

erm but most most unusual i've eaten is probably like erm *DOG* food :\ .... it waz a dare :\ not a good one Frown

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Beatrice_2: 04-24-2009 19:58.

04-24-2009 17:40 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

Kangaroo Burger, not great i must say, but i did enjoy the thrill of eating Skippy.

EDIT: Incidentally Bea, god food? Manna from the heavens? lol

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NouveauNosferatu: 04-24-2009 17:57.

04-24-2009 17:49 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by God_Like_Friend
quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
HA!! Im guna win!!

SEA WEAD!!

Lol, it's not that expensive and it's nice especially with rice inside (sushi without any fish in if you're not into that).

I'd have to say cockroaches is the most unusual / disgusting food, if you call it that, i've eaten but they love 'em in Thailand and other places like that...

It was imported .. i mum freaked out at the price.. but got it anyway!

04-24-2009 17:57 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu
Kangaroo Burger, not great i must say, but i did enjoy the thrill of eating Skippy.

damn u that was my one..lol

kangaroo was my most unusal that an octopuss(nvr again)

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
04-24-2009 17:59 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu

damn u that was my one..lol

kangaroo was my most unusal that an octopuss(nvr again)

Oh, ive eaten squid! Only food thats made me throw up Frown

04-24-2009 18:02 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

zebra. little bit though. wouldnt eat it again

04-24-2009 18:03 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Hahaha - good food / bad food :p

The most unusual that tastes awful - sea urchin. Had it in a Japanese restaurant - apparently it is a standard food in Japan, but I have admit I thought it tasted like... can't even think of the words, but it made me gag & I couldn't swallow it - which really offended the Japanese people I was with. Tongue Frown

The most unusual that tastes great - sweetmeat. Which I also had at the same Japanese restaurant - this is basically balls (that's testicles for the enlightened). They were cooked in a satay sauce & really tasty. But just a bit weird to eat! Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-24-2009 18:25 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
The most unusual that tastes great - sweetmeat. Which I also had at the same Japanese restaurant - this is basically balls (that's testicles for the enlightened). They were cooked in a satay sauce & really tasty. But just a bit weird to eat! Big Grin

Ewww.... you put Japanese testicles... in your mouth? Shocked

04-24-2009 18:27 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:

The most unusual that tastes awful - sea urchin. Had it in a Japanese restaurant - apparently it is a standard food in Japan, but I have admit I thought it tasted like... can't even think of the words, but it made me gag & I couldn't swallow it - which really offended the Japanese people I was with. :P :(

The most unusual that tastes great - sweetmeat. Which I also had at the same Japanese restaurant - this is basically balls (that's testicles for the enlightened). They were cooked in a satay sauce & really tasty. But just a bit weird to eat! :D

Hahaha, i read that as 'Swet Meat' as in.. under arm swet etc. So when you said it was balls i was all :O

04-24-2009 18:29 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

quote:
Originally posted by Knightroad

Roflmao - they didn't belong to a japanese man!! Tongue I think they were from a bull? Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-24-2009 18:29 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008

O_o Cthu ... LOL ...

erm my most unusual food? ... gotta be eel when i was like 5 ... it looked like jelly ... but wasnt .. i was sick for daaaays Frown

gross lol
04-24-2009 18:29 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

quote:
quote:

Roflmao - they didn't belong to a japanese man!! Tongue I think they were from a bull? Big Grin

Dont worry, your secret is safe on the internet highway Wink rofl Tongue

04-24-2009 18:31 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Raserei

Thread Starter Thread Started by Raserei

quote:
quote:

bahahaha

I think I'd have to pass on that one lol

04-24-2009 19:10 Raserei is offline Search for Posts by Raserei Add Raserei to your Buddy List
nemoralis
Harsh mistress

images/avatars/avatar-397.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: Vault 13

Personally i wouldn't have said seaweed was weird-i ate it all the time when i was younger (and still do when i go home of visits). On that note I used to eat periwinkles and limpets from the beach as well-so nice and free hehe!

I've had kangaroo, ostrich, a mass of weird and freaky vegetables and fruit from around the world (were very tasty though).

04-24-2009 20:35 nemoralis is offline Search for Posts by nemoralis Add nemoralis to your Buddy List
Kalessin

images/avatars/avatar-378.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2008

I bought a kangaroo steak while I was in Australia, I was really excited but when I got home and opened the packet it was off, even the dog wouldn't eat it Frown

04-24-2009 20:40 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:

The most unusual that tastes awful - sea urchin.

I've eaten fresh sea urchin straight out of the water and I thought it was quite nice Smile

Was in Tunisia on a boat and one of the crew dived to the bottom and grabbed one.

04-25-2009 01:51 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
honorus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-30-2008
Clan: V13

most unusual things i eaten:

Gnu (kinda like an antelope type thing)
Crocodile
Seaweed (really nice get it from local chinese lol)
Ostrich

...... there are more i just cant think of them

04-27-2009 13:59 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
Raserei

Thread Starter Thread Started by Raserei

I might have to try this seaweed thing, I feel like I'm missing out! Does it taste like it looks? Gooey, slimy, squishy goop? If so I'll have to pass Big Grin

04-27-2009 15:43 Raserei is offline Search for Posts by Raserei Add Raserei to your Buddy List
Pleb
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-457.jpg

Clan: OMFG

seawood is wonderful when crispy, most strange food i have is zebru steak
it cross between zebra/horse i think, local restaurant was claiming it to be beef, then get shut down for false advertising and food safety

GayTiger is slain on the battlefield.

04-27-2009 15:58 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

Lollyfied scorpion . . . Restaurant in london
was yummy Smile never again though i went to the zoo afterwards and they freak me out

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

04-27-2009 16:57 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

Has anyone eaten fried mars bar or (and i dont get how this works) fried ice creme

04-27-2009 16:59 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

haha i have.... and i'll NEVER EVER do it again.... it waz just odd :| lol Big Grin \0/

04-27-2009 17:04 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Beatrice_2
haha i have.... and i'll NEVER EVER do it again.... it waz just odd :| lol Big Grin \0/

which one? i heard it was nice.... sounds pure rotten!! I really cant picture anything short of battered poo Frown

04-27-2009 17:09 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

haha wellt hats what it looks like D: lol haha its nasty Frown .... mars bars should be eaten on their own now covered in batter Wink

04-27-2009 18:23 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008

fried marbars? like in the chippy?? O_o lol they look mank >_< i would never eat a chocolate bar covered in batter.. no matter how yummy it was lol Tongue

i guess im fussy like that XD
04-27-2009 18:54 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

HOney covered ants.... caramel scorpion....

Fried mars bar isn't so bad.... I've also tried fired cadburies creme egg

Your imperfection.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raxis: 04-28-2009 02:58.

04-28-2009 02:56 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Kalessin

images/avatars/avatar-378.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2008

I used to go out with a Scotsman who worked in a chippy - they'll fry literally anything up there, including pizza Confused Except Maltesers, apparently they EXPLODE and shower burning hot sugar everywhere.

04-28-2009 08:56 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Kalessin
I used to go out with a Scotsman who worked in a chippy - they'll fry literally anything up there, including pizza Confused Except Maltesers, apparently they EXPLODE and shower burning hot sugar everywhere.

COOOOL Pleased

Im Soooo trying that Big Grin (in some1 elses house... i knew you would read this!!! HELLO!!)

04-28-2009 09:32 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
nemoralis
Harsh mistress

images/avatars/avatar-397.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: Vault 13

quote:
Originally posted by Raserei
I might have to try this seaweed thing, I feel like I'm missing out! Does it taste like it looks? Gooey, slimy, squishy goop? If so I'll have to pass Big Grin

Usually you eat it when its been dried so its a bit chewy and quite salty (dulse is probably the most common one you find in shops), or a bit crispy. There is another seaweed though that you can boil up with water or milk and drink it-carrigaheen moss (that one is disgusting though).

I've tried deep fried chocolates bars-they actually taste way better than they look-just don't try them if you're on a diet.

04-28-2009 09:37 nemoralis is offline Search for Posts by nemoralis Add nemoralis to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

lol local takeaway batters chocolate bars.... nicer than it sounds

04-28-2009 12:36 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Lasher

Registration Date: 01-04-2009

Bull testicles, thats the most unusual, and horrible food i've tasted...

04-28-2009 13:05 Lasher is offline Homepage of Lasher Search for Posts by Lasher Add Lasher to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Lasher: N/A YIM Account Name of Lasher: N/A View the MSN Profile for Lasher
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

fired mars bars

mmmmmmmmmm nom nom lovly hhehe

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
04-28-2009 14:24 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Pizza from friar tucks.....never again
04-28-2009 15:48 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by AudatiousTitan
Pizza from friar tucks.....never again

haha!!

I think its really nice.. takes a year to get it though!! Tongue

04-28-2009 16:27 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

if only i could give warning for bad taste lol its pretty much ewww
04-28-2009 16:38 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
RinghamEnderol
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-06-2009
Clan: LIG / SOT

Crocodile
Escargos (Snails)

tht my wierdest foods tht iv eaten. Iv also tried battered mars bars but i dnt rele think tht counts as wierd bcoz everywhere sells thm by the sea-side up here...

Former Necropolis Character: Enderol (Unfortunately Deleted now) and since Re-incarnated! - Clan leader of Sovereigns of Time

04-28-2009 17:10 RinghamEnderol is offline Search for Posts by RinghamEnderol Add RinghamEnderol to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Most unusual food you've eaten?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH