Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » auctions » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page auctions
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Pleb
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-457.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: OMFG

auctions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i cant find this suggestion anywhere else, so here i go.
i know there is already a starting price on auctions, but maybe there should be a reserve price aswell which you can set for X amount of BS, now you may not see the point, but with starting prices peoploe dont bid even thought its a reasonable price, as the item cost will invariably go above the starting bids.
so i was thinking put reserves on items so that people can bid whatever they want, but if the item doesnt reach your limit set it doesn't sell.
so people wouldnt look at something for say 500BS and think that could go much higher.

tell me what you think, im half asleep so its worded badly, ill try to explain miore if you have any queries

GayTiger is slain on the battlefield.

05-03-2009 15:01 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: boot camp

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well whats the point of bidding if that if it doesn't got over it doesn't sell
i would bid on something if i know i wouldn't get it
05-03-2009 16:04 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This way many people will use it as a way of evaluating an item. They set the reserve on 500000 stones and see how much people can actually pay. This will cause unnecessary lags...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

05-03-2009 16:14 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Gaz123

Registration Date: 04-09-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: T.F.A

its the sme as settin a price cos people would set a realy high reserv aswell

IGN Lockrim
05-03-2009 16:14 Gaz123 is offline Search for Posts by Gaz123 Add Gaz123 to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

i disagree, i think its a good idea! Get people bidding more Smile

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

05-03-2009 16:51 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Pleb
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-457.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: OMFG

Thread Starter Thread Started by Pleb

exactly, and wh ywould anybody set the reserve high, if A) it costs them stones
and
B) their item doesn't sell.

it should work like a popular online auction site methinks Big Grin

GayTiger is slain on the battlefield.

05-03-2009 17:11 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » auctions

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH