Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Christmas Is Approaching » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Christmas Is Approaching
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Chronos

Registration Date: 08-12-2009
Race in game: Absorber

Christmas Is Approaching Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Christmas is just around the corner and the horrible festive shopping begins soon.

For the holidays i find shopping very easy except for my girlfriend.
Shopping for presents for girls seems so hard for a man so can anyone maybe give me any ideas on what things i could get her? This may help other men who are reading!
Thanks ! Smile

11-22-2011 23:37 Chronos is offline Search for Posts by Chronos Add Chronos to your Buddy List
Hell-Shadow

images/avatars/avatar-1013.jpg

Registration Date: 10-14-2011
Clan: HLL

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ohhh wonder what the bonus thing is this year

we always get one bonus Smile

11-22-2011 23:39 Hell-Shadow is offline Search for Posts by Hell-Shadow Add Hell-Shadow to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-27-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

if you know how to build (a shelf or something of that nature), your wife would probably like/appreciate your effort as well as the gift.

also depends on her age ...my wife is in her early 20s & only appreciates jewelry ...but after years (decades) of marriage, husbands have to be creative ...learned that from my dad.

IGN: Son Of Sin
11-22-2011 23:56 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Hell-Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by Son of Sin
if you know how to build (a shelf or something of that nature), your wife would probably like/appreciate your effort as well as the gift.

also depends on her age ...my wife is in her early 20s & only appreciates jewelry ...but after years (decades) of marriage, husbands have to be creative ...learned that from my dad.

Fair does Smile

11-23-2011 00:06 Hell-Shadow is offline Search for Posts by Hell-Shadow Add Hell-Shadow to your Buddy List
Malle8398
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-927.jpg

Registration Date: 03-10-2010
Clan: KhOrNe/BC

Well that kinda depends on what she likes... not all girls want the same as the next one..

But some Presents that been appriciated by some Ex girlfriends of mine is:

Jewlery (but its pretty standard and booring if you ask me)

Gift Card to a spaa weekend for her and a friend or if thats to expensive maybe a basket of some nice bath salts and stuff so she can make a nice spaa treatment at home..

Or if she have some hobby that she is really into you can buy something for that.
For ex: an old girlfriend of mine was really into Horses but did not have one her self so i made some calls to ppl around where we lived that had horses and made a deal with one of them so she could go there and take care of one horse and ride 3 days a week.. (Best part, didnt cost me a cent and she was extremly happy for this) Smile

Hope this can help you in some way Smile

Underworld: Gravedigga

***Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005***

May your soul rest in peace
11-23-2011 00:11 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
Hell-Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by Malle8398
Well that kinda depends on what she likes... not all girls want the same as the next one..

But some Presents that been appriciated by some Ex girlfriends of mine is:

Jewlery (but its pretty standard and booring if you ask me)

Gift Card to a spaa weekend for her and a friend or if thats to expensive maybe a basket of some nice bath salts and stuff so she can make a nice spaa treatment at home..

Or if she have some hobby that she is really into you can buy something for that.
For ex: an old girlfriend of mine was really into Horses but did not have one her self so i made some calls to ppl around where we lived that had horses and made a deal with one of them so she could go there and take care of one horse and ride 3 days a week.. (Best part, didnt cost me a cent and she was extremly happy for this) Smile

Hope this can help you in some way Smile

this is also true Smile

11-23-2011 00:17 Hell-Shadow is offline Search for Posts by Hell-Shadow Add Hell-Shadow to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

could go the easy way and get her perfume, jewellery, chocolates, teddy bear etc or you could get her something personal to her (which shows that you have been listening over the last year or so)

I have done several different things, one gf complained of aches and pains so instead booked her a weekend away with her best mate to an all day spa for massage and therapy, also got her a few other bits and bobs for unwrapping

another loved the creative side of life so I made her a collage of her life from when she was born to present date and added the high and lows along with a poem for her (if you like the soppy type) and also a few cented candles etc

Another who was shall I say adventurous ;D I bought her a few things from a certain store and she also enjoyed that thought

But I agree with Son Sin it depends on the type of person she is and what she will like and appreciate more

Necro knows me as Gjallar
11-23-2011 00:19 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Chronos

Registration Date: 08-12-2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by Chronos

ok thanks for some of the ideas keep them flowing people if you can XD

11-23-2011 00:28 Chronos is offline Search for Posts by Chronos Add Chronos to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-27-2011

oh you said girlfriend ...not wife ...lol ...gifting is a bit more complicated depending on how long you've been dating / with her

how about getting concert tickets or tickets to a play ...or taking her ice skating ...and hire a photographer & use the photos to make a collage (idea from kralen)

i don't know where you're from so my ideas may not be possible ...you can get her a pet if she likes animals / doesn't have any pets but wants one

IGN: Son Of Sin
11-23-2011 02:08 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher

quote:
Originally posted by Hell-Shadow

lol we dont always get a bonus...

There was no bonus in 2009, there was an event at Christmas 2010, i was looking in announcements to see if they give us an event each year as ive seen reports of last years event giving everyone an extra 50 luck! I wouldnt mind getting in on that!

11-23-2011 10:09 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Hell-Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
quote:
Originally posted by Hell-Shadow

lol we dont always get a bonus...

There was no bonus in 2009, there was an event at Christmas 2010, i was looking in announcements to see if they give us an event each year as ive seen reports of last years event giving everyone an extra 50 luck! I wouldnt mind getting in on that!

Soo soo true i wouldent mind ethier

11-23-2011 13:13 Hell-Shadow is offline Search for Posts by Hell-Shadow Add Hell-Shadow to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Christmas Is Approaching

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH