Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Surgery/Operations that you've had » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Surgery/Operations that you've had 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Question Surgery/Operations that you've had Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've created this topic because yesterday I went for some major foot surgery and I was curious what the members of BW have had done to them.

I had a Lapidus Procedure and a 5th metatarsal chevron osteotomy at the same time which basically is a bunion removal, with the added bunionette removal at the same time.

I've had a bunion of my left foot since birth and its plagued me forever, i can't run or jump, and walking becomes a pain after 10 mins or so. I had an op last year to try and sort the problem out but it didnt work hence why i went for this one.

http://www.thefootandankleclinic.com/med...efore-after.jpg

that kinda looks like my foot, but mine was a hellova lot worse. and on the left side of the foot i had a lump which i hope has been sorted out. They've made my foot thinner by taking 2cm of bone!

Anyway im at home now, with my foot wrapped in bandages and plaster unable to put it on the floor for over 6 weeks!!!! An then a further 3 weeks of gradual weight baring.

So, enough about me (lol) what surgery have you had?

04-22-2010 16:50 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When i was born i had a narrowing in the aorta which is pretty important to the hart lol and because of this narrowing it was restricting the blood flow which means all sorts of nasty things were happening to me and my organs as nothing was getting the correct amount of blood flow and because of this they decided i was to young for a stent(ill explain more of this later) so they put a "balloon" into the aorta and inflated it and thus stretching the walls of the aorta as a temporary fix which was repeated untill i was old enough to have surgery safely, that was when i was about 3 months old and at 16 years old they put a stent(as mentioned earlier) into my aorta which is basically just a bit of stainless steal chicken wire but in a tube shape to keep my aorta open properly but then a couple of years down the line i went in for my yearly check up and they done some x-rays to find the stent had broke and was pushing against my aorta wall, that is not good for anyone lol and if that was to break the aorta wall there wouldnt of been no coming back for me so they re-operated putting in a platinum stent with gold weldings which is meant to be un-breakable

So all together ive "died" 3 times had 2 major heart operations, 1 key hole surgery and spent just over 70 hours on the operating table

At 21 years old i was given the all clear and now at 22 i feel all good, lead a normal life... or as normal as a 22 year old builder can lol

Info on the stent itself with some pics, sorry i didnt take the pics as i couldnt swallow my phone then press camera and take the picture lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stent

If you wanna read up some more on the exact details then go here i guess as mines just a description of what i went through and probably not very detailed lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coarctation_of_the_aorta

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 04-22-2010 17:03.

04-22-2010 17:02 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Perseus

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Dash

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When I was about 13 or 14 I did a backflip over the top of the trampoline and landed head first in a thorn bush lol and cut my head open and had lots of surgery :/

Perseus strikes critically with Legendary Perfect Magnum, Slomka takes 199 damage
04-22-2010 17:05 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
Nerakai

images/avatars/avatar-668.jpeg

Registration Date: 01-27-2010
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: I-end-I

nothin major had a veruca removed because it had turned into a giant monster and nothing would work. the surgery didn't either but it went after i had to go to the hospital every 2 weeks for about a year where they put stuff on my foot that made a giant blister come up underneath my veruca which was by far one of the most uncomfortablt periods of my life ever. oh and i had my thonsils removed :L:L:L

I LOVE MY BRICK!

04-22-2010 19:22 Nerakai is offline Search for Posts by Nerakai Add Nerakai to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Surgery/Operations that you've had

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH