Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Using the stones » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Using the stones
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Drops

Registration Date: 03-14-2010

Using the stones Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Right now, I'm level 20 male, cultist. This means that I can bid on stuff on the auctions, and that I have some stones for use. I currently have 15 bloodstones & 6 heartstones. I used 2 bloodstones on a pair of shorts, and eventually upgraded to shorts of the rouge +3 for 1 bloodstone (from auctions), so I started out with 18 if I didn’t use any.

As a level 20 cultist, I have experienced the different aspects of the game, and some of the different playing styles. I found that some people (people around level 20 and below) spent a lot of stones on their weapon, and such (I've seen people with 2x uzi/glock +5, or 2x daggers +4, or shorts +3 & +1 on helmet & +2 on their bow.) and some people who barely upgrade their equipment. While I went through level 1-20 fine, I'm still curious on what is a good stone budget for people under 20?

What I'm currently looking for is a stone budget for level 20-25.
Although it’s not as important right now, I’m also looking for a stone budget for future levels above 25 (which can wait, cause I’m not there yet)

Finally, I would like some information or experiences verifying or dispelling my assumptions:
-as a level 20, the player should have gained around 18 stones. As a result, the level 20 (and below) player should spend their stone sparingly to save up for the future.
-At higher levels, stone consumption is pretty flexible considering the different methods of obtaining them (expeditions, quests, xp gains providing the stones, auctions)
-Bloodstones seems to be the main stone and currency in blood wars (especially in the auctions)
-In terms of liquidity, players would often want to have stones > equipment.
03-17-2010 03:05 Drops is offline Search for Posts by Drops Add Drops to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For a start there is no REAL good stone budget you can find stones on quests so you never really can tell.

As for this ;

quote:
-Bloodstones seems to be the main stone and currency in blood wars (especially in the auctions)

I wouldnt say thats wrong.. but its not 100% true.

Everything is worked out in Bloodstones aka if you see an auction and the minimum bid is "2000" in the Bloodstones colomb trhat doesnt mean they want 2000 BS as such it means ( Unless they are blocked then they will be in red ) the minimum bid is 2000 of any stone.

SoulStones are worth 500 BS and are quite a good source of easy stones for the auction if accepted alot of people dont like SS so thy block. Same with MergeStones. they are worth 150 and alot of people wont accept MS in there bids.

quote:
-At higher levels, stone consumption is pretty flexible considering the different methods of obtaining them (expeditions, quests, xp gains providing the stones, auctions)

Depending how you play this is also true.. but can be false..

The higher you get the more risk you are taking with upgrade items past Good. As Good - Good +1 item is ONE HeartStone and a 60% chance of passing ( IT LIES 6/10 ATTEMPTS WILL NEVER WORK UNLESS YOUR LUCKY Big Grin lol ) .

Using the Ritual option puts a Good - Good +5 item upgrade to a 100% chance with extra cost of stones.. alot of people wont use it.. but higher and higher players will tell you you should. As one failure can and WILL ruin your gear for many things.

quote:
-In terms of liquidity, players would often want to have stones > equipment.

Its hit and miss. If you have stones.. you can always buy equipment. But thats if its on auction. Once you have equipment you can use and use well and cant use much higher then its time to save up stones to upgrade tattoos, or wait to find items on the auction you can buy.. or find a few items on the auction you can use to merge things.

Im not 100% this is the type of information your looking for but even if so its a nice little bit of information about the game and how things work if you werent really sure :-)
03-17-2010 03:50 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Nerakai

images/avatars/avatar-668.jpeg

Registration Date: 01-27-2010
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: I-end-I

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well if i were you then i'd buy some decent equipment that is only selling fr about 1 or 2 bloodstone's but at that 18 bloodstone's is absolutely nothin when you get higher up in the level's and don't spend any major amount of stone's until you have decided on what gear you are going to aim for and then save up to get that

I LOVE MY BRICK!

03-17-2010 04:04 Nerakai is offline Search for Posts by Nerakai Add Nerakai to your Buddy List
Drops

Thread Starter Thread Started by Drops

quote:
Im not 100% this is the type of information your looking for but even if so its a nice little bit of information about the game and how things work if you werent really sure :-)

Don't worry, you answered my assumptions quite a bit. Also, about the
quote:
For a start there is no REAL good stone budget you can find stones on quests so you never really can tell.

That kinda answered my stone budget question with, 'there is no good stone budget'. What I'm more worried about that statement is, I might create the assumption that I can splurge all my bloodstones without worries. Maybe I should add an unreasonable assumption (or at least I think its irrational) like:

"Since there is no real good stone budget, it is considerably rational for players below level 20 to splurge their bloodstones on upgrading their equipment well. (in the order of stheir weapons, shorts as it provides agility, helmets, amulets and rings) for the sole purpose of gaining a competitive advantage over others." Let's just say that the assumption is, the player will only keep 2-5 bloodstones. Feel free to criticize this assumption =D

Perhaps I should ask a more specific yet similar question on stone consumption, like how many stones (bloodstones for my current situation) should I aim to keep (min) at level 20 and below, 20 - 25, and 25 and above to prevent running into future problems (ie. inability to upgrade/bid on equipment/create the tattoos/merge items)?
03-17-2010 04:48 Drops is offline Search for Posts by Drops Add Drops to your Buddy List
smigi

Registration Date: 02-25-2010

First of all the most valuable stones, despite their ingame value, are heartstones and lifestones, because they are used for upgrading items on higher lvls. Bloodstones are the best, because you can always change them into any other stone and use as you like. Later on in the game you will have plenty of bloodstones.

The best way in the beginning to earn stones is to look for players with much money (several tens/hundreds of thousands), defeat them than buy junk and sell it on auction for bloodstones ONLY. This way I gathered over 400 bloodstones after I reached 20th lvl and I wasn't hunting for junk at all;]

Now about spending and earning stones:

- you should try to buy cheap things in the beginning. For ranged weapons the best start would be: any helmet of precognition, elvish shorts, light cape of thief/assassin, short bow of reaction and change it to shuriken when you will be able to carry it on +3 lvl +4.
Until you make a tattoo you can actually use any kind of eq;] For male weapons just change helmet to any adrenaline.
You of course need proper jewellery to wear all the stuff.

- you should not upgrade items higher than +5 in the beginning. If you find something on a quest and want to keep it and upgrade than you should check if the same item is not available on auction. With common items it is often cheaper to buy something on higher lvl than to upgrade it;]

- buy rationally. Before you buy anything check the prices of closed auction;]

- you will not get enough stones by just advancing, doing quests and expedition unless you are VERY lucky and find rare and expensive items and sell it. This means that you will have to find a way to earn them. You can either create items by collecting specific items and merging them together in the well of souls or buy low and sell high.;]

03-17-2010 07:50 smigi is offline Search for Posts by smigi Add smigi to your Buddy List
Drops

Thread Starter Thread Started by Drops

About the selling junk for bloodstone tactic, how many pieces of junk did you sell and what was that price?
03-17-2010 17:41 Drops is offline Search for Posts by Drops Add Drops to your Buddy List
smigi

Registration Date: 02-25-2010

Junk has a constant price which is 1 bloodstone for 1 junk piece. Sell all you have (my opinion) except several pieces.

When you create an auction just block the possibility of using any other stones than bloodstones. I recommend selling not more than 50 junk pieces at one time.

You can't set the minimum price on junk, but don't worry, it will sell just fine;] If you are still worried abut the price than just set the longest possible time for the auction. Anyway it will end just after someone reaches the maximum price for it and you will be able to make a new auction.

You may also sell just as much as many stones you need and the rest any time later;]

03-17-2010 18:13 smigi is offline Search for Posts by smigi Add smigi to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-02-2008
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by smigi

- you will not get enough stones by just advancing, doing quests and expedition unless you are VERY lucky and find rare and expensive items and sell it. This means that you will have to find a way to earn them. You can either create items by collecting specific items and merging them together in the well of souls or buy low and sell high.;]

smigi is right. I like to buy both Accuracy and Art on rings, merge them to Youth, and then sell for 2 SS each, I've sold about 3 of these so far, and made about 600 profit each time! Great for collecting stones for them big buys...

03-26-2010 18:36 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Using the stones

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH