Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Films 2010 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Films 2010 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Films 2010 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Good selection of films comeing out this year, thought i would start a wee thread to see what people are looking foward too Smile

My list in order of realeas...

Clash of the titan's April 2nd

Kick Ass April 16th

Nightmare on elm street April 30th

Iron man 2 May 7th

Prince of Persia : The Sands of Time May 28th

The A team June 11th

The karate kid June 11th

The last air bender July 2nd

Resident evil 4: afterlife < no vid's for it atm as i cant be asked to go though the fan made crap without wanting to punch someone in the face Big Grin > Septemper 10th

Saw 7 <not any good trailers out yet> October 22nd

Other films with no date's yet;

Mortal combat 3: devastation
Tekken
A very harold & kumar christmas

And sometime in/around 2010-2013 : The warriors 2 (apparently)

Share and comment Smile

Oh; and i didnt bother adding Eclipse as im not a 14/15 year old girl who stalks guys just because they are in movies... and who dosent know what good acting is Tongue bring on the hate Big Grin

Edit; spelling

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 03-17-2010 18:11.

03-17-2010 17:49 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OMG eclipse is like the best <3 it looks amazing im really looking forward to that, and no matter what you say about it i think its worth a good mention because i love it Big Grin

<3 TWILIGHT LOVER <3

hehehe Tongue pie <3 :*

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

03-17-2010 18:16 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

nightmare on elm and clash of titans look amasing

will watch rest of viseos now Wink

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
03-17-2010 18:19 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Knightroad

Bea; i dont know you anymore Tongue Big Grin

</3 TWILIGHT HATER </3
I think i may stand out side the threater with a i hate twilight banner on the day it's realesed, unlike some i aint affraid of 20million little girl & bea Big Grin i can run pritty fast and happen to be a hegde jumping pro Big Grin

Bal; you know nightmare on elm and clash of titans are the shizal Big Grin
they are in my top 5 films of this year i think, along with tekken, prince of persia and the last air bender ftw Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 03-17-2010 18:31.

03-17-2010 18:31 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

Looking forward to

Nightmare on elmstreet
The Karate Kid - if its like the old one
The a Team - BA hahah amazing Lol

Not looking forward to

Saw VII - Another version which am not looking forward to
TWILIGHT - can i get a hit on that pattison fellow

havent seen any video yets will watch em later

03-17-2010 20:07 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

I swear KR, if you go and pay money to see The A Team, I will remove you from my friendlist, and farm you daily!!! Big Grin Tongue

Clash of Titans will be the official film of the year - official in my books anyway - that will clean everything else's clocks.

2nd place will go to Iron Man 2 - if it is half as good as the first... man it will be rocking! **drifts off to listen to some Sabbath**

Am gonna go see Scorsese's new one - Shutter Island - gotta love the crazy-sese flicks. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-18-2010 00:13 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Clan: LGN

HAROLD AND KUMAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!!!

mortal kombats lookin pretty sexy as well

IGN: acidic shots
03-18-2010 01:44 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
I swear KR, if you go and pay money to see The A Team, I will remove you from my friendlist, and farm you daily!!! Big Grin Tongue

Clash of Titans will be the official film of the year - official in my books anyway - that will clean everything else's clocks.

2nd place will go to Iron Man 2 - if it is half as good as the first... man it will be rocking! **drifts off to listen to some Sabbath**

Am gonna go see Scorsese's new one - Shutter Island - gotta love the crazy-sese flicks. Wink

Pfft, last time i paid to see a film was when i bought a new chair for my comp area 3 years ago Tongue even thou A team is THE manly of manly films ;D

Shutter island... hmmm, let me know if it is any good Smile

----------------

I cant belive no one has big'd up kick ass yet... looks like a right goof of a film. in a good way Big Grin

03-18-2010 11:54 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

ok so ive watched all the trailers now

tekken id love to see but jin looks a little to young imo

the last air bender looks great Smile

a-team and kararte kid ill watch ofc but im not to sure bout them

kick ass looks to cheasy from the trailers been honest...but i may be wrong and it could be a great film

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
03-18-2010 12:16 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Faquarl

Registration Date: 11-03-2009
Clan: Source

The A-Team movie will be loving awesome! C i thought u had taste mate? D:

Clash of the Titans might be ok in 2d but my hopes for the 3d version are limited

Shutter Island looks awesome

lolTwilight although one of the actors is hilarious as he clearly hates all the fans :3

03-18-2010 12:17 Faquarl is offline Search for Posts by Faquarl Add Faquarl to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

Clash of the Titans is definately one I'd like to see.

The Karate Kid, Nightmare on Elm Street....I dislike remakes, they're never any better and are usually worse then the first. Like the remake of the first Halloween, it wasn't the first, it was the second (if I remember correctly) and it was lame and predictable. There were a few scenes that were worth it, but besides that...bah. Though, I would be interested to see how they re-do Freddie.

The Saw thing is just getting old now, I mean really. The only reason I keep watching it (for free mind you, Wink ) is to see if it's finally over and dead. Most movies that drag on this long start to get really stupid. There's very few that can make it past 4 and still be awesome. Saw is not one of those.

Airbender might be all right though. It's live action so that will be cool to see. Not so sure about Mortal Kombat though, I'd have to track down the other two and re-watch them...lol.

As for Eclipse...I watched New Moon and almost fell asleep...three times. So I'm not expecting good things out of Eclipse. There weren't even any good fight scenes. And that ending was just laughable. I mean, you KNOW what's going to happen. Funnier still were the fans who said they couldn't wait for the third movie because they wanted to know who Bella would pick.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

03-18-2010 14:26 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra

As for Eclipse...I watched New Moon and almost fell asleep...three times. So I'm not expecting good things out of Eclipse. There weren't even any good fight scenes. And that ending was just laughable. I mean, you KNOW what's going to happen. Funnier still were the fans who said they couldn't wait for the third movie because they wanted to know who Bella would pick.

nah baby its all about the 2.5h drooling session over the robsterrr XD

if you read the books the answer is not obviously, its slightly confusing Big Grin Big Grin and and and and and all the vampires from the second film come and hunt them down i'm soooo looking forwards to it its going to be epic XD Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

03-18-2010 15:38 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Beatrice_2
quote:

nah baby its all about the 2.5h drooling session over the robsterrr XD

if you read the books the answer is not obviously, its slightly confusing Big Grin Big Grin and and and and and all the vampires from the second film come and hunt them down i'm soooo looking forwards to it its going to be epic XD Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I really don't see why everyone thinks he's so drool worthy. He looks stoned half the time and he's got a really creepy smile in my opinion.

I tried reading the books, I really did. I just couldn't make it through them.

I don't really expect much from the battle scenes in Eclipse. I mean, the ones in New Moon were all right, nothing special though. The whole Twilight Saga just isn't my thing. I might watch Eclipse if I'm really bored and have nothing to do on a weekend.

quote:

03-18-2010 15:55 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Ba_al
Viking

twilight saga urgh

anyone who dosnt wear pink ribbons in their hair will realise how crap it really is..

for me the first film was like a long drawn out torture session......

03-18-2010 16:20 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

People actully read the books?
there not even good for roaching off!!! D:

quote:
I really don't see why everyone thinks he's so drool worthy. He looks stoned half the time and he's got a really creepy smile in my opinion.

Stoned? xD he wishes...
I think "gormless" is the better way to descibe him Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
for me the first film was like a long drawn out torture session......

You actully kept yourself awake? i couldent, was the best nap i have had in such a long time, last nap that i had that good was in my school days Big Grin

---------------------------

Still waiting for screaming "fans" try to kill me... Frown i need bokken practice on something that moves ffs Pleased i promise to only use the wooden one in my weaker hand Wink

03-18-2010 20:57 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Knightroad
People actully read the books?
there not even good for roaching off!!! D:

Yes, how else do you think she has a screaming fan base in the hundred millions and is (I think) the number five woman to make the most money this year?

ANYWAY, onto movies...lol

There's a Cheech and Chong movie coming out sometime in April called 'Hey watch this'...has anyone else heard of it?

And is anyone waiting for the next Narnia (Dec 10) movie or is that just me? LOL

I found a whole website with this year's movie listing if anyone wants to see it. (Not sure if I can post it here...)

quote:

03-19-2010 15:47 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Ba_al
Viking

cheech and chong is brilliant

i watched the first 1 again the other day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozk7fnKilU&feature=related (cheech n chong up in smoke)

(over 18s..contains frug use)

03-19-2010 16:03 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Just been to see Shutter Island. Personally (I am a film nerd), it was chuffing awesome. But I would only recommend it to people actually like & appreciate "good" cinema. If you just want action, & very little plot don't bother. But if you want to be stunned by a master director showing off his skillz, then its worth the entrance fee - in fact it wouldn't be the same on the small screen.

Nerd lecture over.... now, next cinema visit April 2nd - CotT in full 3d wickash. Bring it! Smile

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-20-2010 00:35 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
Just been to see Shutter Island. Personally (I am a film nerd), it was chuffing awesome. But I would only recommend it to people actually like & appreciate "good" cinema. If you just want action, & very little plot don't bother. But if you want to be stunned by a master director showing off his skillz, then its worth the entrance fee - in fact it wouldn't be the same on the small screen.

Nerd lecture over.... now, next cinema visit April 2nd - CotT in full 3d wickash. Bring it! Smile

That's the other one I wanted to see. And, I'll go find someone to see it with now. Big Grin

3D is going to be harder then hell to get into for CotT around here. There's only 1 cinema now, the next closest one is like...an hour away.

quote:

03-20-2010 21:50 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

Must see:

Clash of the titan's

Shutter Island

Nightmare on elm street: Love this series, worried it's a remake but saw trailer in theatre and looks good enough I can't pass it up.

Iron Man 2

Resident evil 4: Hell yeah!

Any Narnia movie. I loves them!

Cheech and Chong?!? sweet!

TWILIGHT: Not a priority, but daughter will make me watch so I know I will be watching it. And I don't think any of the dudes in it a drool worthy.

Maybe:

Prince of Persia : The Sands of Time

Saw 7: I used to love the series but it's getting a bit old now.

Not likely/won't be paying for it:

The A team June 11th: I think it's going to be an atrocity on a childhood favorite show. Rampage Jackson is in it and he is a 4 letter word for female anatomy.

The karate kid : The original series was cool as a kid, but just not interested. My kids might force me to let them see it.

03-20-2010 22:40 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

Cheech and Chong <3 will be hard to out do Nice Dreams (best of there films imo) but it will be worth a watch i think Big Grin
Anyone know if they will be staring in it? or just directing?

quote:
Originally posted by Hespera
Nightmare on elm street: Love this series, worried it's a remake but saw trailer in theatre and looks good enough I can't pass it up.

It is a remake, but it isnt at the same time... it's kinda like his "origins" story Smile not sure how there gonna do it without pissing people off as he was a pedo after all...

large part of the reason i want to see it is so i can scare the shiznay out of people (mainly my mum) Big Grin i can sing the "1.. 2 freddies comeing for you. 3.. 4 better lock that door" in a very girly voice. im rather proud of it tbh ;d
Same as the killkillkillkill.. ma ma ma from jason Big Grin is best when you do it though a cone of some sort... sounds scary as hell Pleased

@ tenticals, what if you like both a good film and loads of explosions ect? Tongue
With a name like shutter island i have no idea or clue what it's about and i cant say i have seen any trailers for it anywere... maybe il have a look. it better have atleast 2 explosions or its not a film Wink lol

EDIT:
OMFG; i have just found the film of the year! Big Grin
Hot tub time machine
Lmfao

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 03-22-2010 17:29.

03-22-2010 17:02 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
thunder123

images/avatars/avatar-688.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-27-2010
Clan: [Gangrel]

im lookin forward to:

-the A team

-the last airbender

-and the karate kid

they seem great to me Smile

03-23-2010 13:26 thunder123 is offline Search for Posts by thunder123 Add thunder123 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
i can sing the "1.. 2 freddies comeing for you. 3.. 4 better lock that door" in a very girly voice. im rather proud of it tbh

Hahaha - the only reason it scares your mum, is becos she thinks you've done yourself a mischief! Tongue

quote:
@ tenticals, what if you like both a good film and loads of explosions ect? Tongue
With a name like shutter island i have no idea or clue what it's about and i cant say i have seen any trailers for it anywere... maybe il have a look. it better have atleast 2 explosions or its not a film Wink lol

It has an explosion... it might have 2, maybe??
Both Kal & I came out thinking that it would make a great game - although, once you know the end, you kinda can't play it again... or could you, it could have an alternative ending! Big Grin Tongue

@Lys, I am booking my tickets for CotT very early. Release date here is april 2nd, I'm gonna try for april 4th - easter sunday - I'll be taking ma chocolate eggs with me. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Hespera
The A team June 11th: I think it's going to be an atrocity on a childhood favorite show. Rampage Jackson is in it and he is a 4 letter word for female anatomy.

At last, someone with some sense! I'm not sure just how wrong this film is... but it is wrong! Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-23-2010 20:28 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

I just noticed you forgot toy story 3

03-23-2010 21:07 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

This thread has kinda died a bit Confused
ressurection *pooff*

Any one seen COTT or kick ass yet?
i have Big Grin
i thought clash of titans was quite good... probs give it a 3.5/5, maybe a 4/5

Kick ass is a wickedly funny film, defo a 5/5 from me Big Grin

---------

and 4thtimelucky; most people posting here a 16+ and would never own up to watching toy story Tongue

04-24-2010 18:47 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Perseus

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Dash

clash of the titans was very good but I noticed a mistake :/

When that djinn thing healed his bite mark on his arm it dissapeard compeletey and later on in the film it was back :/

Perseus strikes critically with Legendary Perfect Magnum, Slomka takes 199 damage
04-24-2010 18:57 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

As a real movie-lover and having a collection of over 1300+ DVDs between me and my brother, I'd say that to remake Clash of the Titans is a sin against cinema. Ray Harryhausen's classic defined cinema for 20 years, and he practically invented special effects in his previous triumphs such as the Sinbad Series and his spectacular Jason and the Argonauts of 1963. Ironically, to commemorate Harryhausen's greatest masterpiece, Louis Leterrier (who has had some brilliant films himself; Unleashed, for example) used that bastardised, "latest-up-to-date-groundbreaking" technology from the 50's, 3D. As if one piece of unique cinema from 1981, could be compared to a run-of-the-mill, cinematography nightmare; which is clearly just various studios jumping on the 3D bandwagon. In my humble opinion, 3D needs to be left alone to gather dust now, as it doesn't really add to the experience. It is a different viewing experience, not necessarily a better one. Besides, it just gives big businesses another way to squeeze an extra buck or two out of the pocket of the people they need to fund their insane scheme. I almost resent James Cameron now on the grounds he is releasing Avatar into cinemas AGAIN this summer with an additional (get this....) SIX MINUTES of footage. His reason you ask? Despite the fact it is the biggest grossing film ever, he wants to milk another $300million out of it, because he feels he deserves it. That, in my opinion, is blind profiteering.

/rant.

Kick-***, however, was a marvel of a film. Funny, clever, and subtly witty, it surprised me. Quite frankly, it deserved it's 5 star rating from Empire (which as movie-lovers know, is pretty prestigious). My only issue with it, is my sympathy for Chloe Moretz. No matter where her acting career goes now, she will be blighted by the fact she will never play a character who was so outright awesome as Hit-Girl Tongue Of course, interpretting the ending of the film, it looks as though a sequel is likely.

Sadly, I have still yet to see How to Train Your Dragon, but that is being rectified this wednesday Smile

Films I'm looking forward this year?

*The Expendables (13/8*)
*Saw VII (22/10)
*Winter's Bone (11/6)
*Scott Pilgrim vs The World (13/8*)
*Toy Story 3 (18/6) (P.s. Knightroad, you'd be VERY wrong to think that anyone over 16 wouldn't admit to seeing TS3. A group of about 20 of us from college are all going to see it. Believe it or not, the first one was a landmark chunk of our childhood Wink )
*Furry Vengeance

I'm also looking forward to Guillermo Del Toro's Hobbit, though that has been postponed (again...) due to the fact the script has still yet to be finalised, and contracts written. At least it looks like Ian McKellen will be playing Gandalf again! Big Grin

That's all I can think of for the moment. Off to enjoy a little-known classic I highly recommend; The Devil's Backbone.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

04-25-2010 11:43 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Perseus

quote:
Originally posted by LucifersAngel
*The Expendables (13/8*)
*Saw VII (22/10)

I'm also looking forward to Guillermo Del Toro's Hobbit, though that has been postponed (again...) due to the fact the script has still yet to be finalised, and contracts written. At least it looks like Ian McKellen will be playing Gandalf again! Big Grin

That's all I can think of for the moment. Off to enjoy a little-known classic I highly recommend; The Devil's Backbone.

The expendables has a very good cast so im looking forward to that but the saw series has lost my interest Frown

Perseus strikes critically with Legendary Perfect Magnum, Slomka takes 199 damage
04-25-2010 11:45 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
LucifersAngel
Lord

A brief explanation of the Saw films:

1) Very good, interesting new idea for film. 8/10
2) Abortion. 2/10
3) Made up for 2's failure. My favourite of the series, but still not exactly a great film 7/10.
4) Oh god, you have to be kidding me.... 5/10
5) These films make me want to hurt myself now they are so poor... 3/10
6) Ahhhh! This is starting to make some degree of sense now. Starting to get clever again. Hmm. Maybe 7 will be worth watching afterall... 6/10

EZLN

04-25-2010 11:49 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Perseus

Well the story is starting to make more sense to me now and the traps are getting gorier :S

But I will watch saw 7 just to see if more of the story unfolds Smile

I think that dr gordon will come back at some point Wink

04-25-2010 11:55 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Clan: WOLF

Has anyone seen SKYLINE yet ?
I like the advert it looks like a cross between Independance Day and cloverfield.

I will give it a look if it comes close to Me.

11-08-2010 19:01 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

There was always a sequel to Independance Day on the horizon and studios said they were working on it. I suspect that Skyline is just that... Saw 7 was awesome (without spoilers, they have left it open for another company to come in which is VERY annoying), Paranormal Activity 2 was awful and I don't think there are any more films out this year besides Burke and Hare that I actually want to see.

EDIT: Now seeing Burke and Hare tonight. Review tomorrow anyone? Tongue

EZLN

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by LucifersAngel: 11-09-2010 12:03.

11-09-2010 11:48 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Clan: WOLF

quote:

I like the look of it , Let Me know if it's as funny as it looks.

11-09-2010 17:08 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by mortanius
quote:

I like the look of it , Let Me know if it's as funny as it looks.

Sorry guys, entirely forgot about the review Tongue

It was pretty funny and entertaining, but generally a bit of a disappointment. The entire film is overshadowed with the credits though, as it shows a true legend of cinema as one of the MANY cameos. The one and only Ray MUTHA Harryhausen is in the movie!! I nearly jumped out of my seat and screamed at the screen. If you don't know the name, I mentioned him in a previous post and I was surprised to see him as I honestly thought he must have died by now:

Link to his website.

quote:
As a real movie-lover and having a collection of over 1300+ DVDs between me and my brother, I'd say that to remake Clash of the Titans is a sin against cinema. Ray Harryhausen's classic defined cinema for 20 years, and he practically invented special effects in his previous triumphs such as the Sinbad Series and his spectacular Jason and the Argonauts of 1963. Ironically, to commemorate Harryhausen's greatest masterpiece, Louis Leterrier (who has had some brilliant films himself; Unleashed, for example) used that bastardised, "latest-up-to-date-groundbreaking" technology from the 50's, 3D. As if one piece of unique cinema from 1981, could be compared to a run-of-the-mill, cinematography nightmare; which is clearly just various studios jumping on the 3D bandwagon.

All in all, I'd give it at least 7/10 just for the unwavering script and amazing cast, but the story falls short occasionally, along with the acting.

EZLN

11-14-2010 12:42 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Films 2010

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH