Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » To whoever closed my thread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page To whoever closed my thread
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS - SAN

To whoever closed my thread Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No one even makes a single cent from that tower defense game, I don't even see why it would be forbidden to talk about it here, considering it's completely unrelated to advertising.

Saying I can't talk about it would be the same thing as saying : You can't post youtube links or links to songs and videos because it pushes you to like the artist and you will go and buy his records and that means your money doesn't go into the BW team pockets.

And even in the case of that game, there is nothing to buy. This is a game forum since BW is a game. You're bound to have gamers share their love for games here, it's normal. Especially for people who play a web browser based game.

But as opposed to BloodWars, this game is 100% free and absolutely not even 1% on the same market line considering it has no market.

Why in god's name would you disallow talking of such a game ? It violates absolutely no rules, no one holds rights to it so advertising it on this forum or another could not generate any legal problem, and it's not competing in any way with the Blood Wars game and its' player base since it's not the same segment of game type.

So why ... it makes zero sense at all. There's no justification to this but the "it's in the rules" bit. And in this case the rules clearly don't apply or are broken.
06-14-2011 15:37 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
Regulations And Terms Of Agreement

§3 Freedom of speech/Responsibility
BloodWars provides a platform that allows users to communicate with each other. The users are responsible for the contents and form of their communication. BloodWars is not responsible for any offensive or law-breaking contents, but will immediately delete or ban any user who proclaims these contents.
It is prohibited to send mass correspondence to users of the service through the service in any other way than the mechanics of the game allow.
It is also prohibited to disseminate through BloodWars any advertisements without written consent of BloodWars.
The official language of a server is the language the game is translated to. Sending messages in other languages is prohibited and will be treated as breaking the regulations.

Short and Practical Forum Regulations

1) Do not: spam, post links to other games or put them in your profile, make any other announcements then directly regarding the game (and these are only to be posted in suitable forums) unless an administrator gives consent to it. If you want to add something to your post do NOT make another post but use the EDIT option.

By registering on this forum you have agreed to follow the rules.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
06-14-2011 15:55 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Clan: BoS - SAN

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sapling
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
Regulations And Terms Of Agreement

§3 Freedom of speech/Responsibility
BloodWars provides a platform that allows users to communicate with each other. The users are responsible for the contents and form of their communication. BloodWars is not responsible for any offensive or law-breaking contents, but will immediately delete or ban any user who proclaims these contents.
It is prohibited to send mass correspondence to users of the service through the service in any other way than the mechanics of the game allow.
It is also prohibited to disseminate through BloodWars any advertisements without written consent of BloodWars.
The official language of a server is the language the game is translated to. Sending messages in other languages is prohibited and will be treated as breaking the regulations.

Short and Practical Forum Regulations

1) Do not: spam, post links to other games or put them in your profile, make any other announcements then directly regarding the game (and these are only to be posted in suitable forums) unless an administrator gives consent to it. If you want to add something to your post do NOT make another post but use the EDIT option.

By registering on this forum you have agreed to follow the rules.

Well, I'm sure this would be interesting to have the opinion of the actual person who wrote these rules.

Because how I understand these rules is : it's forbidden to link/advertise/talkabout any other game that is similar to bloodwars or if not similar that also generates revenue for its owners, therefore being a competitor for BW. In which case it would make complete sense because if I was the BW operator I also wouldn't want my players to be redirected to other games and potentially loose customers.

But this game is free, has nothing to do with bloodwars, doesn't compete with it and doesn't represent any danger to the current player base of BW.

So like I said, my interpretation of this rule would be that they do not want people to link players to games like world of warcraft, or free to play mmorpgs (which we all know always end up having a paying part for premium content etc), or other browser based rpgs like bloodwars that also have a premium system (i can't remember any names but there are plenty out there).

If I was to talk about a 10 colour pixel game on addictivegames dot com, I would fail to see how it would threaten the BW team and create any problem considering it would be a ten level game where you either have to shoot ducks with a gun or nude people with a shotgun or some weird 4 level adventure game in which you must make your way through a jungle of watermelons ...
It's the same with kongregate, absolutely none of their content is premium nor requires payment.

I really think it would be nice to have a comment of the operator on this.
06-14-2011 16:33 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: CUBS

I really don't see why you're complaining. It's not as if you've had a warning for advertising games.
Anyone can find tower defence games anywhere on free online flash game websites etc etc, there's no need in advertising one here.

06-14-2011 16:42 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

quote:
Originally posted by Sapling
Well, I'm sure this would be interesting to have the opinion of the actual person who wrote these rules.
It wouldn't be interesting, it would be hindering the progress on making a3, since he's busy with it right now Tongue , so forget about it.

quote:
IGN: Atomos

06-14-2011 16:45 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

The rules were written by the owners of this game and I am sure they wrote them in the way they wanted it. There is really no discussion about it. It's pointless to ask them for any comment as they will just quote you the same rules and regulations.

Games like World of Warcraft are totally different league than Blood Wars, but any other web based game can be considered as potential competition and might drew players away from this game.

Another thread containing link to web based game will be rewarded by a warning. If you want to discuss about it more then send me a PM. Thread closed.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
06-14-2011 16:58 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

the only thing that springs to mind is a question to the OP.......sort of doesnt need an answer.

did you ask for and receive written consent from the owners of bloodwars? no?

06-15-2011 04:27 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » To whoever closed my thread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH