Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Event idea » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Event idea 8 Votes - Average Rating: 8.758 Votes - Average Rating: 8.758 Votes - Average Rating: 8.758 Votes - Average Rating: 8.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Event idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Something along the lines of a ritual of sacrifice where you get a chance of activating a server event, maybe 25% chance of activating any of the events for a random time

Maybe have a kind of wishing well the whole server can put people and poh in until it reaches a certain level

Dunno about amounts maybe 250,000 poh and 5 million people? Would have to be quite high so it isn't to common

09-27-2012 18:17 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Fischkopf

Registration Date: 06-08-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Would this mean we wouldn't get the normal rate of events? Might mean that there is a massive drop in people throughout the server, nice idea though Smile
09-27-2012 18:23 Fischkopf is offline Search for Posts by Fischkopf Add Fischkopf to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Firetrap
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Maybe keep current ones and make cost even higher

09-27-2012 18:26 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS - SAN

I LOVE the idea of a wishing well for the whole server with a level that goes up and up until it hits the top and then activates a random server event.
09-29-2012 08:51 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Walerian

Registration Date: 12-13-2009
Clan: [-NG-]

Nice idea. "you donated all your resources, event plague started" Big Grin
09-29-2012 10:22 Walerian is offline Search for Posts by Walerian Add Walerian to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

250,000 poh and 5,000,000 people for earthquake lol

09-29-2012 10:43 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Sapling
Triple Ace

No but seriously, more and more games have options like this that allow for the whole community to pitch in for something.

This is most likely not too complicated to code, and I don't see it having any negative impact on the game whatsoever. It will be another place into which resources will go, it will increase the need to hunt for these resources, it will maybe force people into making difficult choices between buildings, events, rezing mobs, etc.

I would see the cost increased though, because if we actually understand what are the amounts of PoH people have in the top 150 rankings these days especially with Koth, and I know people regularly have over a million people not knowing what to do with them or not having the Lgo to upgrade, 250,000 poh and 5 million people is too cheap.

I would see 1 million PoH and 25 million people.

With these kind of amounts, it should take about a week for the pot to fill up if all active players on the server pitch in from time to time.

But it's really one of the best ideas I have seen around for a long time in terms of new additions and not just modifications of existing options.
09-29-2012 13:10 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
lightboy
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-17-2009

I really think this is a good idea. This is something we could add on top of it:

Everytime an event is activated, 1 of the players that have donated poh+people will be rewarded with twice the amount he donated.

I think this could be good to encourage people to participate in the donation.

09-29-2012 13:35 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Nah event is enough, Para atm could put in millions of people and get double back

I was also thinking of a cool down period so this could only be used maybe once every 2 weeks

09-29-2012 14:04 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

I love both the idea and Lightboy's addition! I have nothing else to say on this other than, OI DEVS, INPUT THIS.

09-29-2012 14:05 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Sapling
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by lightboy
I really think this is a good idea. This is something we could add on top of it:

Everytime an event is activated, 1 of the players that have donated poh+people will be rewarded with twice the amount he donated.

I think this could be good to encourage people to participate in the donation.

Nah that would lead to a huge input of resources on the server which is not really needed with Koth and all.

No, if you want some reward apart from the server event, you could get a +5 luck bonus for 24 hours when you donate. Non stackable bonus of course, so even if you donate 6 times into the pot in one day, you still only get +5 luck for 24 hours.

That would be something everyone could enjoy. The resource doubling is way out of balance.

Edit :

Here's an even better one Smile To promote donating into the pot, whoever is the person to fill it up (meaning the last person to donate so that it activates the event) gets a +25 luck bonus for 24 hours or something like this.

Imagine the fight and the race to get that bonus.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sapling: 09-29-2012 15:03.

09-29-2012 15:01 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Event idea

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH