Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » and thats why we let youths vote » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page and thats why we let youths vote
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
faceeater
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 11-17-2007
Race in game: Absorber

and thats why we let youths vote Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Message from joshk, on 11-16-2008 18:06
???????

This is something you said in a thread:

"yet another childish comment, EVERYTHING is controlable, one day you will lean this probs when you try to duck your first bill to the council.

ok you think im a prat, one day when your over 30 and have kids of your own you will understand, doesnt matter how clever kids are, there all thick "

And no we are not all thick. i am 13 years old and i am proberly an awful lot more smarter than you. i have even done stuff like build an engine from scratch. Have you ever done something like that,NO you have not. in fact i have been told that i am one of the smartest kids in my region (judging by the work ive done).

and i know kids who know far more than you could ever know. SO WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THAT WE ARE ALL THICK.

and im not even what any of my mates would call a nerd. and i have 100's of mates. SO NEXT TIME YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT, THINK ABOUT IT DUMB A**

DarrenShan

and this is my response

Message to joshk, on 11-16-2008 18:20
RE: ???????

and what do i do for a living child?? dont just make assumptions, fact all kids are dumb, im 33 and in the eyes of my dad i make stupid decisions, and his dad probs thought the same, as for building an engine, well done, just shows you follow instructions well, my son is 13 on christmas day, he used to play bw some players, will tell you he is very smart himself, he is very academic, but in the grand scheme of things he makes stupid mistakes, if we cast him off into the cold hard world to fend for himself he wouldnt last a week, as he lacks the life skills, and only life can teach you that, my argument was about safety on the net, and from some of the info ive seen on here i could find kids in real life, all im saying is think smarter and stay safe.

11-16-2008 18:48 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
haz_dude

Registration Date: 05-18-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: TSH

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

no offence but 13??? you dont know anything.... not being mean but its true, no1 knows anything until they have lived properly, and at 13 you have not....

my 2 pence....
11-16-2008 18:53 haz_dude is offline Search for Posts by haz_dude Add haz_dude to your Buddy List
Zer
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-01-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mhmm faceeater your in a bad day today no? too many flaming posts and answers like those, well everyone knows that its probably cause you think kids here are taking something cause of their free time, it might be true but well this is not life, this is a game, like it or not it is like it is, join any game and you will see people on strong guilds/Clans/Assocaitions whatever you want to call them, its hard to get to the top spots but it can be done, but if you plan to play alone its practically impossible as this is a MMOG (Massive multiplayer online game), and multiplayer means you cant be the top alone.

And to this topic if its a PM what are you trying to do by posting it? just keeping the flaming go? i really think you should act more according to your age and stop the flaming wars with people so that way they might not say "Dumb" or "Stupid" mistakes as you call them. simply let them be and enjoy the agme Smile
11-16-2008 18:54 Zer is offline Search for Posts by Zer Add Zer to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by faceeater
RE: and thats why we let youths vote Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

what gets me is im not the one whos angry, it seems people have taken offence to me saying please stay safe and well, just think before you post.

ok last night i was slightly intoxacated, but i still think, you should be carefull, the worlds full of nutters

11-16-2008 19:00 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

no disrespect himself, im 18 and i might well have seen alot more than most people, not going into detail, but some people younger have alot more common sense and life experience.

11-16-2008 19:04 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

cool what are they called, we can use their help.

i can just see it now on the news tonight,

"the global crisis is over the credit crunch is no more, thanks to dave in grimsby aged 14" god bless dave

move over obama martin has just hit sweet 16

11-16-2008 19:09 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

actually, american constitution states you must be 35 to be president. and sometimes a problem takes a fresh look on things.

by the way, look out world, faceater knows everything about everything and because hes older, you dont know anything!!!!!!!

*awaiting warning*

11-16-2008 19:14 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

dear faceeater

i think i speak for quite alot of people when i say

DUDE GROW UP

you say you are 33 and yet you still have the tenacity to bitch like a schoolgirl on forums. Alot of people on this game are adolesants yes, but the majority are grown people.

you are giving us absolutely no reason what so ever to pay attention to anything you have to say.

granted you may be having a bad day/month/year but dude this is a game.

people play it to get away from all of the outside world crap and here you are bringing it all here and then saying that if you arent over the age of 33 you dont have a valid opinion.

you, my friend, are beginning to piss in my cornflakes. id stop whilst you are ahead.

(mods Feel free to give me a warning... ill accept it for this post)

yours sincerely
~~UG~~

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

11-16-2008 19:21 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

quote:
Originally posted by faceeater
cool what are they called, we can use their help.

i can just see it now on the news tonight,

"the global crisis is over the credit crunch is no more, thanks to dave in grimsby aged 14" god bless dave

move over obama martin has just hit sweet 16

you never no kids could come up with theorys to sove the credit crunch

i have had lots of life experiances, and people older than me have told me theirs. the most important lessons i have learned in my life which have and will always serve me well are make sure you have a plan B and keep your mouth shut and watch people and how to manipulate a situation t your own needs.

you might be 30 odd and full of lifes experiances, but why then do you feel the need to insult us?

instead of calling us thick, you could have started a post with a annicdote to draw us in, then explained to us that we should be carefull over the internet, possibly suggesting a few rules that we should follow, which would have been recieved much more possitivly

even the first line in the reply to joshk was partonising, 'and what do i do for a living child' him and all young adults deserve to be treated with respect, as they are often capable of matching things that an adult can do, they can think things over and look at it from a differant point of view, which should be considered. in the same way that it was unfair for men to treat women differantly, it is iunfair for a adult to treat children differantly
11-16-2008 19:23 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

i can understand ur passion for wanting people to be safe, but ultimately only they can make that decision. people will arrange to meet no matter what safeguards are put in place, people will find ways to avoid them. i apologise for my previous comment, but tone it down a bit

11-16-2008 19:35 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tempest

images/avatars/avatar-358.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: LGN

I'm over 30 Frown & all I can say is you cant please all the people all of the time.
get a new look on life take the attitude " tell someone who gives a s**t "
You can choose to ignore stuff sent through your inbox, it's called delete Wink
Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's kind of my way, difficult to argue with yourself, however if you can manage it, they have fun "basket weaving" courses available through the NHS comes with a free happy jacket if your into desecrating cornflakes. Big Grin

In Game Name TEMPEST
11-16-2008 19:38 Tempest is offline Search for Posts by Tempest Add Tempest to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Face, I think you need to take a break. You are way to stressed by what is actually out of your control.

I'll start by saying - just so you don't accuse me of being a child in your argument against me - I am 38; so I think I warrant a level of "respect" according to your own opinion? Which I might like to add I don't always understand as it seems to vary according to the argument in point at the time.

Considering you are an adult, and you have children of your own, you don't seem to be very forgiving towards their mistakes (that is children in general - I do not intend to suppose how you are with your own kids).

These boards & this game is populated by a lot of kids, as are most online games. If you don't like interacting with them, or you find it too stressful then I suggest you retire from the games. Because shouting at them, calling them stupid, & being offensive is:
a) not very adult behavior on your own part
b) goes against the Daily Mail politics you seem to want to live by
c) not setting them an example they can learn from

A few weeks ago you were shouting about how someone with a naked picture on their profile was offensive & dangerous & liable to corrupt your children if they, by chance, saw it. (I saw the picture - it was no "offensive" - pointless, but not "offensive")
Yet only the other day your response to Liamb when he gave you a telling off for swearing on a public message board, was that swear words were in the dictionary therefore it is ok to use them.
Mate, ***newsflash*** - we are all born naked. A naked body is not offensive material; it is a natural state of being. If the picture had been of a naked person involved in some form of sexual act - that would have been offensive.

But if this is your moral standpoint, why do you then think it is ok if your kids might stumble across the fact that you swear at other kids?

Is the problem you have with the mods actually nothing to do with the way they enforce the rules of the board; but actually the fact that you either don't like being told you are wrong. Or you especially don't like being told you're wrong by someone younger than you?

Liamb had every right to censor that post, and tell you not to multi-post. That is his responsibility on this board, and he handles that role very well. Through your argument with him, you made yourself look more immature than you were remonstrating him to be.

I don't like the way some of the younger players talk or mouth off in this game, but at the end of the day, I don't care enough about it to let it stress me - why do you?

This board, game, and the WHOLE internet is currently governed by something called "FREEDOM OF SPEECH". Now if you don't like that fact - you need to log off and go read a book, or watch telly instead.
If you think you can change that fact by enforcing "control" as you call it in one of your other threads, then you really need to think again. Control is a concept - not an actuality; therefore it can not be enforced. I think you will most of the world's past dictators (if they were still alive) would actually agree with me on that. Wink

Lastly, Face, I am not having a go at you. If you have strong beliefs about these things, then all power to you, and I don't think anyone (at least most people I've chatted with) on this website would not hold that against you either. But when you are expressing them to others, then just remember to be respectful.

I think I can safely say without question, that respect is something you earn, not something given to you just because you are older than someone else, or have more power, or can shout louder & longer than anyone else.

Now, take care of yourself... & each other. Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
11-16-2008 20:25 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Source/TFE

hmm... well put C. 100% agree face we have had some laughs be4 and are pretty friendly with each other and respect u and hopefully u probably respect me now how old do you think I am if I told you I was a teenager would that affect our respect?

11-16-2008 20:40 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

@Cthulhu, clap clap clap, well constructed post, and some valid points i take onboard.

@sw, i know how old you are you knew volumac, and yeah i accept i need a padded room break.

wont be posting for a while now

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by faceeater: 11-16-2008 20:45.

11-16-2008 20:42 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Tempest

images/avatars/avatar-358.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: LGN

Yes well put Cthulhu , oooohhh SW ... I have Jeans older than you Frown I need a new wardrobe Wink

In Game Name TEMPEST
11-16-2008 20:44 Tempest is offline Search for Posts by Tempest Add Tempest to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

quote:
Originally posted by Stallis
Yes well put Cthulhu , oooohhh SW ... I have Jeans older than you Frown I need a new wardrobe Wink

lol I have jeans younger than you Tongue 2 can play that game Big Grin

11-16-2008 20:45 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

last post to sw volumac says hi

11-16-2008 20:46 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

why thankyou Wink and hi volumac how u doin m8 Tongue

11-16-2008 20:52 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

Ok, I haven't even read all the responses but I'm going to throw out mt 2 cents anyway.

Kids/youth are in a way thick. Go ahead and feel insulted if you must. Of course there are exceptions but still in general they think they are more mature than they really are, and they think they are more intelligent than they really are. It doesn't mean they are completely stupid it just means that in the big picture they don't have enough years on this planet to be on par with a fully developed adult mind. From the arguments I have read you sound no different than me or some of my friends at a younger age and you also sound no different from my own kids and other kids their age. You may not agree now, but you will understand later. Yes you can have life experiences that change you and make you feel older than you are but you still are not fully developed on an intellectual or psychological level. And no, this is not me trying to sound more superior to the youth. It's knowledge from experience that you only get with aging, and living and learning.

There's not going to be a winner in this argument though because as soon as you hurt someone pride they will defend themselves and it will be a never ending cycle of useless arguing. The only good thing that will come of this is that those who took the comments to heart will be determined to prove adults wrong and there is nothing more beautiful than seeing the young challenge themselves to grow as individualsWink

Edit: not getting involved on the appropriateness of some comments made by face, just commenting on a subject I have interest in which is human development.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hespera: 11-16-2008 21:01.

11-16-2008 20:54 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
DeathRanger

images/avatars/avatar-216.jpg

Registration Date: 07-08-2008
Clan: TRC

i understand both sides of the arguement here and see both have valid points! Indeed the older u get the wiser u get (with some exceptions haha) but it is not academicaly but more common sense and things like that! So yes i agree with face and hesp in that sense.

However! It is wrong to say that if u are older u are wiser and that younger people dont have life exp and so on! Im a dental student at uni so i would say that iam academic and know more about the body than 99% of u on here so would u call me thick??
And to make another point if someone collapsed on the floor in a fit how many of u "older" people would know what to do! Not many im sure even with your "life experience"! ITs all circumstantial wouldnt u say!

SOme younger people will be wiser than some older people etc!

On the whole older people will be more mature and have more life exp than younger, BUT it is not an absolute! So my point is dont make sweeping exagerations that clearly arent true!

Smile thanks!

11-16-2008 21:27 DeathRanger is offline Search for Posts by DeathRanger Add DeathRanger to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

good point, well made. i personally would know what to do if someone collapsed on the floor.

11-16-2008 21:34 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

So would I and anyone with proper first aid training.

Edit: Removed comments as they don't contribute one way or the other to the debate.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Hespera: 11-16-2008 22:24.

11-16-2008 21:55 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

I'll say this.

No one likes being told they're immature.

I'm 24, and only worked out what I want to do with my life last year.

Some things only come with age. Some comments are insulting no matter how old you are.

To be subjective, I agree with faceeater's message but they could do with work on how they deliver it.

Always something new to learn Wink

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
11-16-2008 23:57 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

quote:
SOme younger people will be wiser than some older people etc!

On the whole older people will be more mature and have more life exp than younger, BUT it is not an absolute! So my point is dont make sweeping exagerations that clearly arent true!

being completely honest here, I can see both sides. But then I've noticed a lot of people older than me forget basic common sense because they get hyped up on the fact they are 'older and wiser', I think it really does change. There is no such thing as common sense, after all if there was George Bush and Tony Blair would never have made offices (got my laugh in)

I have first aid training too, I also have powers of arrest and know what to do in security situations, most of which I figured out without triaing, then refined it at my new job. I have also seen a lot of things I wish I hadn't and will not go into, and also have the sense to knwo how to knock about really rough areas without any trouble. Common sense is only how far you believe it is.

Faceeater, calm thyself, yoiu'll give yourself a heart attack over bloodwars

Your imperfection.
11-16-2008 23:57 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

on the subject of vote, why is it fair that a 16 year old who works cannot vote, yet a 25 year old who never worked can? the 16 year old is contributing to the government he pays taxes too, yet the 25 year old is sponging from it and yet he/she gets a say in how it is run? thats out of order. i knew more about politics at 16 than some of my neighbours. can somebody also explain how its ok to give birth and get married at 16, yet 18 to buy a beer, 17 to drive a car. it doesnt make sense at all

11-17-2008 00:59 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
on the subject of vote, why is it fair that a 16 year old who works cannot vote, yet a 25 year old who never worked can? the 16 year old is contributing to the government he pays taxes too, yet the 25 year old is sponging from it and yet he/she gets a say in how it is run? thats out of order. i knew more about politics at 16 than some of my neighbours. can somebody also explain how its ok to give birth and get married at 16, yet 18 to buy a beer, 17 to drive a car. it doesnt make sense at all

Popeye I here ya. Try this one, why is it at sixteen you can be charged under the full view of the law, yet you cannot vote on those laws until eighteen.

16 you shouldnt pay tax! At least not unless you are on a huge wage (or not english), I pay my tax, I havent had trhe oppertunity tovote, but I will make damn sure Labour dont get mine.

Don't even let me get started on spongers...

Your imperfection.
11-17-2008 01:03 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

i gotta say faceeater...why did you make such a general comment in the 1st place??? thats like me saying everyone above 30 is boring Tongue and i have noticed that you sometimes take a very childish attitude in relation to replying to posts on the board Tongue

Saying all kids are dumb is a pretty nieve statement, while not posessing certain life skills, alot of children have level heads and a good perspective on how to cope with adult situations Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AudatiousTitan: 11-18-2008 19:46.

11-18-2008 19:45 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Adding my two cents....

I agree that some kids/teens can be really...not so much dumb, more of immature. I've seen a lot of people under the age of sixteen act like 3 years olds, throwing a temper tantrum when they don't get what they want. On the flip side, I've seen a few over 25 year olds do the same (makes for interesting conversation...lol.)

I think maturity and 'dumbness' is never and can never be determined by age. It is only determined by a person's life experience and what they've seen in their lives. I've been told I have the mind-set of a 28 year-old and I'm 18.

The only reason I agree on the voting age being 18 is because I see way too many immature under 18 years old who would only vote by popularity not the actual issuse. Mind you, there are a few under the age of 18 who work and contribute to the government and who by all rights should be able to vote if they are mature enough to make informed decisions.

I would suggest that where voting is concerned people under the age of 18 should be allowed to take a 'maturity' test. If they can answer simple questions about the political parties and prove that they have the maturity to make informed decisions then they should be allowed to vote.

I have opposing views on what Raxis said as well, I do agree to a certain extent that if you're under 18 and can't vote on laws you shouldn't be charged as an adult. That being said, something like that could mean we can have 17 year-olds commiting very extensive crimes and only be let off with a slap on the wrist where they should get more then that. My view is that if you're old enough to understand why the crime is so horrible and are capable of commiting that crime (even if you're 16 or 17) then you should be charged as an adult.

And don't get me started on spongers. Had to live with spongers for most of my teenage life while my brother and I did all the work around the house.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

11-19-2008 17:56 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Pops
moderator...apparently

there are constantly "british"(pm me and ill explain why quotation marks) people on benefits. i believe that the right to vote should be hand in hand with having a job.if you work or have had a job for a certain time and make a contribution, or cant work for a genuine reason, you should have the right to vote. alot of people my age (1Cool have more life experience and a mindset of an older person. the same thing with wages. the tiered minimum wage, why does a 16 year old doing the same job as a 21 year old get paid less? you could say experience, but why is it automatic? we couldve started on the same day. life experience? the 16 year old couldve been in care, had a shit childhood and had to fend for themself, while 21 yr old had a great life with parents and never had to work a day in their life

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Pops: 11-19-2008 19:20.

11-19-2008 18:45 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by popeye2k8
the same thing with wages. the tiered minimum wage, why does a 16 year old doing the same job as a 12 year old get paid less? you could say experience, but why is it automatic? we couldve started on the same day. life experience? the 16 year old couldve been in care, had a shit childhood and had to fend for themself, while 21 yr old had a great life with parents and never had to work a day in their life

I think you're right there (and I'm pretty sure you mean 21 year old in the first bit too Wink ) but they can't adjust people's wages based on life experience. Even though the 16 year old needs the money a lot more then the 21 year old, the only way for the 16 year old to get more money is to work more. They won't make minium wage even across all ages because they figure most people under the age of 18 (that's when our pay increases here) have parents who look after them.
Trust me I know what an annoyance it is to have to work longer hours to get the money I need when someone who's just working because their parents told them to get a job and doesn't need the money gets paid more.

quote:

11-19-2008 18:54 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
bobalob57
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra
something like that could mean we can have 17 year-olds commiting very extensive crimes and only be let off with a slap on the wrist where they should get more then that.

that basically already happens in britian
some examples are that one person caught carrying a meat clever was fined £167, and out of 10,706 arrests for knife crime in 2006 3,007where let off without a warning, 6,320 were found guilty but only 995 were sent to prison.
11-19-2008 19:15 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

britains structure is a joke. thanks for picking that up lys. lol. a 16 year old here does have financial commitments. but a 21 year old could have a child. i think there should be no tiered system. should be even across the board. what is minimum wage in the states?

11-19-2008 19:26 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

@ Bob- well dang... I mean yeah we have school shootings and such but from what I hear (and I could be wrong i'm not a news junkie) we don't have anything that even comes close to that.

@Popeye- lol, no problem. I believe minimum wage (in Canada) is $9 which works out to uh... 18 pounds.... I think. I suddenly blanked on my currancey conversion...lol.
I don't think it will ever be tiered evenly (meaning a 16 year old makes the same minimum wage as a 21 year old) plain and simply because most people under the age of 18 still live with their parents and don't need the money to support themselves where as most people over the age of 18 are living on their own and need money for rent, food ext. That's the general belief of the government (who dictates our wages) so really they'll never make it even across all boards.
I understand a select few under the age of 18 have financal (urg can't spell) responsibilities, heck Lest and I had major responsiblities when we were 16. But it's a very select few and the government won't change for a handful of people.

quote:

11-19-2008 20:10 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Pops
moderator...apparently

it works out as roughly £4.50. i think they should at least level it out a bit. which is about what our 18 year olds are entitled to. which seems wierd, as the cost of living in the states is lower.

11-19-2008 20:20 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

Well when I was 17 I was getting student wage which was about $6.50. When I turned 18 I got the $7.25 I was entiled to. I could be wrong because I had slight raises and such in between.

lol at cost of living being cheaper here. it's $7 for 4 liters of milk, $3 for a loaf of bread in some stores. then again I'm not sure what your prices are like overseas so that might seem cheap to you....lol.

For one weeks groceries it costs about $180-220...mind you I live with two guys who eat like the foods going to run away on them....LOL.

I do agree that it should be leveled out though, I mean age doesn't dicate finacial need either.

I love that we randomly wandered off topic...lol.

quote:

11-19-2008 20:34 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Pops
moderator...apparently

2 topics got connected in reply. lol well over here petrol is ridiculous. looing at 92p a litre since it came down. diesel is £1.20 litre but prices vary. bread is just over £1 and milk is about £1.20 for 4 pints (just over 2.5 litres)

this goes to show that 2 18 year olds can have a discussion about day to day political stuff. the connection to the thread topic is: politics. politics decide the cost of day to day items. we VOTE for politicians. everything we do has a connection in politics. from the law to the price of bread.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Pops: 11-19-2008 22:09.

11-19-2008 22:08 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

i fear that pertol prices may begin to rise a bit soon, although it is nice to see that its gone back down to under a pound a litre

why? due to increased pirate activity and the recent capture of a oil anker of the coast of somile, i have a feeling that insurence companys will begin to raise the prices on insurunce for cargos as they are worried about making a loss, if more tankers where captured for example.

s a result the extra prices will be passed on to us, forcing prices to rise again, if the worst comes to the worst, then saudi arabie may reduce its exports of oil due to the danger of it being captured, and that will cause prices to skyrocket
11-19-2008 22:50 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
the 16 year old couldve been in care, had a shit childhood and had to fend for themself, while 21 yr old had a great life with parents and never had to work a day in their life

I know the main reason for thisa... it's tax. A 16 year old does not get taxed anywhere near as heavily as an eighteen year old, and I believe in certain sectors there is another tax bracket at 21. Also it used to be once people were 21 they were looking to buy their own house.

Tell me htis, Petrol prices lost about 15 pence, but why was i such a small drop in comparision to the halving of cost of crude oil?

Also petrol you get taxed for paying tax

Your imperfection.
11-19-2008 22:55 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

@ popeye- okay good point...lol we are in off topic anyway so hey.
And those prices seem about equal to what we have here, unless of course my currency converter is off again.

@bob Petrol (gas for us in North America) is at about 80 cents a liter...so seems about the same. Oddly enough in the United States (the country under mine Wink ) their gas prices are still hitting about a dollar or more in some states. Good thing I live in a country that actually has oil reserves. Good old Alberta...lol.

I've never really had the need to complain about gas prices because the car I drive is very fuel efficent and only take about $16-20 a week to fill the tank. Wink

quote:

11-19-2008 23:00 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Pops
moderator...apparently

its because they buy oil in advance. and its because we are an island nation. we do mine our own oil, but we have oil fired power stations too. the current exchange rate it 1.4 USD to the pound

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Pops: 11-19-2008 23:02.

11-19-2008 23:01 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » and thats why we let youths vote

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH